Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the next GamePack is a Star Wars/Space Pack...

then what would your be reaction to the theme?

If the next GamePack is a Star Wars/Space Pack... 274 votes

Happy. I Like the Theme of Outer Space Exploration
29%
crocobauraDerellaJaseCamkatIsb917TonjeHrazmo99elemmeleMoon_WillowVageniusalanmichael1AncientMuseKaeChan2089purplestarz2006aecollins21pajamajam07Rinskashcrash19simmietimesmurf45blue 81 votes
Dissapointed. I much prefer them to focus on a different theme than the space/Star wars
47%
auroraael14catmom1987rudy8292brackencat31Kita5399Icewolfsunhair2008Erja888IrishSimmer21sketchesalexspoom13aprilroseaelias24Celticgamer0PseudonymsPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarTheSpotted_CbabajayneThomo 131 votes
Theme does not matter to me as long as it is worth the money.
12%
DannydanboIceyJCabelle1863storyymcruddDevSims91JestTrukemoweryMVWdeZTcheesetruckmordarlarbixtersIvyeyedTrimothElectraRaiNationalPokedexbeautimousOlivesplum06FlapCorvinow 35 votes
Other
9%
CK213keekee53simgirl1010drake_mccartyCinebarstilljustme2catloverplayerjcp011c2RifftraxRulesSweetieWright_84doogeriedrakharistexxx78Simzilla_7TomatplanteJemmaTheSimmersilentcyborgInuMiroLoverMarduc_PlaysRavenSpit 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Dissapointed. I much prefer them to focus on a different theme than the space/Star wars
    I must admit I would be dissapointed. I would rather have a pack about family/romance/hobbies or even a resort/holidays then a pack about space. I rarely play even on Sixam.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want them to expand on aliens and sixam. I dont want it star wars themed because ive never watched the movies so i wouldnt get half the references.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Big fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargates SG1,
    1978 Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers &
    David Tennant's Doctor Who.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm just sick of machines and tech in general with sims 4

there is so many packs where the main elements are machines and tech and i just want something completely opposite

like would i love space world for aliens and update to alien state? and maybe small versions of telescope and microscope? - yeah

do i need another whole gp about whatever space techy things? - nah
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other
    I checked Other. I'll need to see the trailer first to form an opinion.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    No I can't really say that I am that much interested in it. I will probably just watch other people play it and maybe buy it some other time. I am more interested in packs that will make the sims 4 feel more complete.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want better aliens and space exploration would be fun, but Star War?! No thank you.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other
    The strange thing is for me, if it's not Star Wars but is still space themed, I'll actually be more disappointed than if it's a romance pack or farming or werewolves, or any of the other themes that have been bandied about.

As a rule, I'm not really into Sci-Fi that much, especially not "hard" sci-Fi. While I do enjoy Star Trek, it's the exception. Most of the other Sci-Fi franchises I enjoy are more some other genre dressed up as Sci-Fi. Star Wars is classic adventure/Space Opera, and Firefly is a western set in space. Aliens is Horror.

So a Space pack that isn't Star Wars will be of less interest to me than any of the mundane or other themes. Even if they do expand on Sixam and aliens. (And that's going to raise the ire of someone. Either they dilute the worth of Get to Work by puting Aliens in a separate pack, or they have DLC for DLC)

I'm not a fan of real life Brands in my sims either, but Star Wars already has a presence, so I'm willing to give it a pass.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Other
    As much as a Star Wars fan that I am, Disney Star Wars is not to my liking at all (other than Rogue One.)
    I can see my self playing a future space-themed pack, but not something as specific as Star Wars.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I would prefer a more generic space pack so I can play other stories in space, not just in the star wars universe. But I would be happy with any space pack. I hope we get confirmation soon. All this speculation is killing me.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't really mind a deeper space exploration pack or some kind of future pack, but the thing that bothers me is that IF it is going to be a very specific Star Wars themed pack, it is going to be VERY niche and VERY specific to the game. I cannot imagine how I would use that stuff in my normal Sims' gameplay.

I just don't like branded content and especially since they know what the community wants and has been asking for for like YEARS. This is just so random.

It's like devs are out of ideas (while in reality the community is giving them dozens of ideas and requests on a daily basis).
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Grace will always vote for anything space!
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    As much as a Star Wars fan that I am, Disney Star Wars is not to my liking at all (other than Rogue One.)
    I can see my self playing a future space-themed pack, but not something as specific as Star Wars.

A Mass Effect Themed Pack where the Reapers appear in all Sims 4 Worlds would the only space pack that will blow be away in the sims.
  • Options
    AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I don't think this type of pack would add longterm play value and that's what we desperately need
  • Options
    Alve wrote: »
    I don't think this type of pack would add longterm play value and that's what we desperately need

Now that you said it, I agree.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A space pack would do nothing for me it would be like Strangerville one and done with no replay value at all. Now Star Wars is just trash and not worthy of a mention it will be the new Katy Perry pack for me if it happens which I doubt.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    I do like realistic gameplay.
    Star Wars? Absolutely! Bring it on!
    I would be extremely happy for The Sims to explore and offer any kind of different, more otherworldly themes. The wilder, the better. Gamepacks are perfect for this. Throw it all out there and see if we like it or not. I’m ready for anything. As long as it’s well executed.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love Star Wars and my boyfriend and I spent days (and an obscene amount of money) at Batuu in Dinseyland last December. We both have two custom lightsabers and a droid that flew back in our overhead luggage all the way home to Australia.

But I do not want a Star Wars pack to be given priority in the Sims 4. Even as a game pack, this would use time and resources that could have gone into a chemistry/attraction system, hobbies/interests, new life features and events, cars, generational play, an improved memory system, cars, babies... Some of those features could have been implemented in a pack that people have been asking for for years, such as a farming pack.

A Star Wars pack would be extremely niche and would add nothing new or deep to the game. Just more fantasy tech, oversized gimmicky items and stuff to do as a single young adult to adult sim.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other
    Not interested in any thing Disney. If they don't know why they should know why. It's like the old saying why are you upset? And the answer is, if you don't know then that's the problem. Besides like others Star Wars is not Star Wars anymore. Ruined it, in my opinion. And anything space related I would play Star Trek not Star Wars. Big fan in the 70's but those days are gone, once it was handed to Disney.

Want nothing to do with Disney. (The force runs deep in this one, lol).

I'm still waiting to see what 'the first time ever, major first' is going to be, because that's what they said the next GP would be, well, I am curious to know what that is...multiplayer?

With all that in mind this fanbase just spent money on a totally broken EL EP. It's not even promised to be 'fixed', and can't wait for another pack? lol Seriously, the Great Pumpkin isn't going to show up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    If it means my vampire/witch hybrid scientist and her alien husband (both major geeks) can travel to space and/or wield light sabres? YES PLEASE
    Although I have a feeling this pack might be like a Star Wars theme amusement park pack
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Other
    I'm interested if: this is a vacation pack with a new space destination world, where sims can explore, find new collectibles and learn new skills. Or just spend a romantic honeymoon in extrodinary surroundings. Basically, if it's Jungle Adventure in space.

If this is another story driven pack like Strangerville or centered around a new life state like RoM, I'm almost certainly not interested. I haven't bougt RoM, Strangerville or Vampires because I'm not interested in those types of gameplay.

That doesn't mean I play strictly realistic and wouldn't enjoy a space themed pack. I've had sims in the scientist and astronaut careers, with rocket ships in their back yard and secret labs in their basements. Who go to sixam, collect space rocks and so on. An opportunity for these sims or rich celebrity sims who crave new types of luxury to go on vacation on a stunning new planet would be welcome in my game.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I'm not fond of the idea of a DLC build solely on a reference to something else.
    And I'm having hard time believing that they can make space exploration work with a closed-world game. If TS4 worked like TS3 - that the time/aging stopped when you were on vacation/university*... then maybe. But in the current state... it's a no from me.

*this is more about the sims you've left behind aging more than those you take to the new place - those sims left at home will get no career/skill/relationship progress - which is why I think the time-stop existed in TS3.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Other
    Doing the polar opposite of what players ask for is so on brand for Sims, but even then I don’t think they would make a whole Star Wars pack. If it is a Star Wars pack I expect the developers to get the appropriate backlash over it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    Doing the polar opposite of what players ask for is so on brand for Sims, but even then I don’t think they would make a whole Star Wars pack. If it is a Star Wars pack I expect the developers to get the appropriate backlash over it.

I'm not entirely sure the developers are to blame if this is a Star Wars pack, it does sound like something that EA and Disney probably requested Maxis to make.

Still, as you said... they sometimes do make the polar opposite of what players ask for...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Other
    logion wrote: »

I'm not entirely sure the developers are to blame if this is a Star Wars pack, it does sound like something that EA and Disney probably requested Maxis to make.

Still, they made Eco Lifestyle, so maybe Maxis wanted to make this after all...

Quit being so naive. Is there a shred of evidence to support that? The developers have went on record saying how autonomous they are and how EA doesn’t dictate what they produce. So which is it? Cause it can’t be both.

As far as I’m concerned these devs make their own choices since that’s what they tell us. When those choices are poorly received they hide behind EA because their hands were tied, lack of resources, performance concerns, etc.