Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Wishes Origin/EA Offered..

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes!
    I dunno why people are voting "no". Most AAA games already have it and you get both the save files on your computer AND the automatic save backup.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    No!
    I like being able to re-start if something I don't like happens in my game, so I wouldn't want an auto-save unless you have the option to turn that feature off. Also, if some glitch corrupts the save I would hate for the auto-save to kick in and I wouldn't be able to fix it.

It's pretty easy to copy your save over to a usb drive so you can put it onto a different computer, anyways.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Yes!
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Origin does have cloud saves for supported games. The Sims 4 is NOT supported.

Oh no! That's lame! Then YES, my vote is YES!
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Maybe...
    Not sure what a cloud save is.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Maybe...
    I think the reason they don't support The Sims on cloud saves is because it's not just one save game per person. Each person could have multiple saves of varying file sizes. It would be hard to judge how much room they'd need and I'm sure we'd have to pay for it by the way of increased game prices.

There'd also be a lot of confusion for some people as well when they "ran out of room" and needed to pay for more, because you can bet that you wouldn't have unlimited space either. ;)

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    Yes!
    Definitely. Would love to easily switch between my laptop and desktop.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes!
    That would be nice to have! I mainly game on laptop for convenience's sake, and unfortunately they don't make them to last very long and I've gone through 3 laptops since this game came out. It would be awesome to be able to directly access my stuff, without having to worry about saving/downloading on an external drive.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes!
    I did write a guide so that you can set up cloud saves a while ago, though I never really updated it. You just need to synchronize the folders in The Sims 4 that you're interested in. It also takes a bit of work, but once you have it set up you can play your saves across multiple devices without any fuss. Plus you get the added benefit of a backup in case your hard drive fails.

It would be nice if Origin did this automatically, but I wouldn't hold my breath

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955493/a-guide-to-synchronizing-your-sims-4-saves-across-multiple-computers-through-the-cloud
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Maybe...
    On one hand, when my little nephew comes over for a visit, my game wouldn't be in as much danger of pushing up daisies, but on the other, I have thumb drives for that sort of thing and those don't cost much. 6-15 dollars maybe.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.