Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAUGHT ON CANDID CAMERA (cycle 2)- Scores are up for Finals!

Comments

• Options
    MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Hi @Jendowoz0612 - I've seen the scenario.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited July 2020
    Michele Weathers

UyvsS3E.png

zb7zag9.png

I have all packs
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    [img][/img]uO0N5Cu.png

This is Beau Larsen and Buddy.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @MenaBuchner

Fantastic shot, Mena. Lovely and bright. Well done <3

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Karima ~
    Karima-Aussie-Head-Shot.png
    Karima-Aussie-Body-Shot.png
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    Karima and Michele look awesome @abelhinha35 and @aussiekarima

• Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited July 2020
    ~ I forgot to say I have all packs up to & including Eco Living!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    Im in jen, I'm bored, and i can squeeze in a in game shot here and there. I have all the main expansions except, eco living.
    I have jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, laundry day, romantic garden, tiny living, backyard stuff, luxury stuff
    Thats what i can think of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    @xJojox

Welcome, that's great, Jojo. Glad you are aboard.

• Options
    @MenaBuchner

Fantastic shot, Mena. Lovely and bright. Well done <3

Thanks Jen!
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Teamwork makes the dreamwork :p
    4QuPOvf.jpg
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    looks fantastic, @MyFavoritedesign <3

• Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @Jendowoz0612 <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member

Application - Laurie Park

SQVAaYV.png?1

d0OZnDz.png
    kMRXphO.gif
  • Options
    Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited July 2020
    Lets Go Fishing

JweOAAM.jpg

Laurie & Sprinkles

When you have to end your day fishing early because your dog rolled in the fish pile... twice 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

gV4Fki2.jpg
    kMRXphO.gif
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow, this comp is booming :)

Mock assignment

TJQQOgJ.png

Sorry, everyone, I didn't read the rules. I got it now, no poses. :)

My entry is all in-game. I used the T.O.O.L mod in-game to create a new fishing spot. I liked the idea of fishing from a dock. The fish bucket is google. I also used photoshop to give a lens flare to create a hot sunny day and I enhanced my clarity in photoshop. Oh and the dog is not a pose. If you call your dog while you are fishing, he will lie down while you fish.
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Options
    Are we allowed to create poses? That are of a candid nature?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @xJojox

Not really, Jojo. The whole idea of this comp is to use the natural poses from sims in the game, or it's really not a candid shot, as not everyone can make fantastic poses like you and there are a few newbies in this comp that are just starting out, so I want this competition to be on a more even playing field so to speak.
    *No created poses for the scenarios are allowed.
    (from page 1)

@xJojox @Melusine377
    Love your shots, Jojo and Mel.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    @abelhinha35 I have sent you a PM :)

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Just so everyone is on the same page, this is the definition that @MizoreYukii explains what candid photography shots are in a competition like this one.

Candid
    Candid photography is photographing a subject while they are unaware of what you are doing. This usually occurs while people are just living their lives, going from place to place, event to event. Subjects are also not prepared or posed beforehand, which is the main difference between candid photography and regular photography. In Sims modeling, candid photography is achieved by either putting your sim in a situation, or following them around, and taking photos of the results. An example of this is making your sim interact with their child, then taking pictures throughout the interaction to capture what happens. It is just like taking screenshots when you normally play, but you focus on capturing good shots instead, just like a real photographer. You can obtain some great shots this way, and it is also a great way to practice your photography skills to achieve the best lighting and angles. The pause button (P in Live mode and 0/Zero in Tab mode), or a program like Fraps that continuously takes pictures, is your best friend when dealing with candid photography. Don't be afraid to repeat interactions to get the best shots.

A tip from me: Also, try different angles and sides of the sim you are photographing, to get the best shot in lighting and that includes the key things asked for in the scenario brief. So in the fishing scenario, as an example, look at capturing a blue sky as part of your background as that is one key thing that is included in the scenario brief. So use the change seasons cheat to go to summer if need be so the blue sky is part of your shot.

There is still plenty of time to adjust your shots, with lighting, brightness or whatever. This mock round is not due until the 3rd of August.

@MyFavoritedesign @divanthesimmer @MenaBuchner @abelhinha35 @Melusine377 @SarahLou372 @Schmoloop @aussiekarima @xJojox

• Options
    SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    I tried to make my picture brighter, did it work?
    rabA31F.png
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Yes, well-spotted @Schmoloop <3 I will update it on page 1 under your name in the submissions comment box. Good observation. That looks much brighter now. :)

• Options
    Thanks, @abelhinha35 for explaining how you did your entry. I'm sure your expertise will help others in this comp <3

• Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 thanks for the invite but have to pass this time as I am without a laptop hopefully will have a new one when you have a new comp up