Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Wanting Sims 5 Because Spent Money On Packs

I've seen a few people say that they don't want sims 5 because they spent money on packs. I can't seem to wrap my head around this logic. Can someone who thinks this way explain? The Sims games won't stop being made because someone bought pack(s). Not to mention this has happened with every sims game before 4, so I'm not sure what they expect to happen? Also, sorry if I come off as passive-aggressive, that's not my intention I just don't understand.
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
.~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
 ゚・。・

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think it is change is harder on some and they don't want the series to move on. Especially with talk of the Sims 5 going multiplayer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Oh, okay, thanks for both of the comments, I understand now.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Some of us have done this 2-4 times already and don't want to do it again. I know that Sims 5's base game will have to be spectacular to tempt me. I've played all 4 iterations of the game and definitely don't want start from scratch with a new game. With 3 and 4, I played the base game for a while then went back to the previous version until some packs came out, because I started to miss all the extra content.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think this is an EA problem. If they added more stuff like generations, laundry, seasons, etc. Already with the base game and also made some innovation like with the Sims 3 and 2 people would move on more quickly.
    However because of how terrible the Sims 4 was people assume that this is what a base game has to be like and that's not true.

Many say "do you want to wait 2 years again for toddlers?!" And I think they don't understand that waiting for a base game feature isn't normal and should come right away with the Sims 5.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2020
    I love the graphics & gameplay about the sims 4. Even though sims 1 complete collection will always be my favorite in the series there is something about sims 4 that just draws me to it. But it feels unfinished like @icmnfrsh said . There’s so much potential & things they can do with the sims 4 & I have high hopes for it that I just don’t think a sims 5 is truly needed anytime soon or maybe ever? I really like sims 4 & hope it continues for a longer time then the previous titles . This is coming from a person who has played the sims since middle school when it first came to PlayStation in 2000 lol
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t mind buying packs again as long as they are good. Despite the complaint I feel the pricing model is better in ts4 than ts3. Remember the online store where a “Premium” gameplay object costs like $15 ? stuff packs in ts4 come with this “premium” gameplay objects with more stuff for a tenner.

Yea ts3 expansion packs are beefier but the store is a complete rip off.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I said 3 was the end of the road for me, yet here I am, though I haven't played in several weeks & no plans to do so anytime soon. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what 5 has to offer, since 4 still seems to lack substance to me, even with all the packs. Doesn't mean I'm a guaranteed sale. It's all going to come down to player preference, never say never, but don't feel like you have to buy or justify not buying either. As long as you are doing what makes you happy, there are no wrong answers here.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Some of us have done this 2-4 times already and don't want to do it again. I know that Sims 5's base game will have to be spectacular to tempt me. I've played all 4 iterations of the game and definitely don't want start from scratch with a new game. With 3 and 4, I played the base game for a while then went back to the previous version until some packs came out, because I started to miss all the extra content.

The empty feel of the base games when you go from having 10+ packs to none is very real. Even if you like the base game, it's hard not to start immediately wanting more. Hence why I've had 4 for only a year and have half of the packs haha.
  • Options
    OrangeSodaSINOrangeSodaSIN Posts: 58 Member
    i just kinda wanna move on to ts5, no one said you had to stop playing the sims 4, i still play. but i have to be honest, i'm running on low with this game. it's been a long 6 years.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't want the Sims 5 because it's basically the same game we already have with a few tweaks and changes here and there and probably some different graphics. It will most likely have the same cycle of packs as all the previous sims games have had and I really can't see the point in starting over yet again. Also I seriously doubt that a Sims 5 will be any better than the current iteration is if EA is involved with it which they inevitably will be. Unless they can guarantee the level of detail and quality that the Sims 2 had game play wise then I'm not interested in it.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member

Same for me, except I will not touch TS3 with any circumstances. I still play TS2, and will. But yeah, after this I am done spending money at this game (or pretty much any games). :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    hmm, i understand how people don't wanna spend money...but, we've done this 4 times already, and some of us love the series so much we don't mind paying a 5th time. but it's your choice always.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I have all packs from S1,2,3,4 and Medieval. I still play all of them ( except 1 because it won't run ). I will still play all of them when 5 comes out and am looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Hopefully they have listened and learned.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @OrangeSodaSIN , it may also to be because of age :) As like I, I was not a child when TS1 came out, I was .. lol if terms of game , I suppose I was YA :):)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @OrangeSodaSIN , it may also to be because of age :) As like I, I was not a child when TS1 came out, I was .. lol if terms of game , I suppose I was YA :):)

oh i see, i was a child when the first came out.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm mostly concerned about the possibility of Sims 5 being an online, multiplayer, or microtransaction game...

Otherwise, I'd most likely be more than happy to purchase it... but the direction many gaming companies are taking certainly concerns me with the future of Sims 5...

I don't mind purchasing the packs all again (especially since each iteration generally comes up with a way to make the repeated packs better than the previous)... but yeah, the type of game Sims 5 could end up becoming is what truly makes me cringe.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    As someone who has been playing Sims for only a little over a year, it's not that I don't want Sims 5 because of what I've invested in Sims 4, more that I don't want to start over yet because I want to get more out of my investment.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I have bough all these dlcs for almost 20 years now, with 4 resets. Sims 5 better be a revolution for me to even consider looking at it.

Sims 4 milked the cow dry. The complete edition willl have made people spent so much, and lots of us still don't feel it's nearly finished, so they better deliver before moving on.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    For me, it really is the multi player aspect that has me hesitant for the team to move forward. I personally have little to no desire for a multi player sims game. With a life sim, multi player has a better than average chance, in my opinion, to become a glorified dating app. I'd just have no use for such a game and would view it as the end of an era
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I don't know, I bought the game in 2014 and I have also bought all the packs, I would like for them to move on. I don't really feel that the sims4 is moving forward.

I would like a fresh start, something new. No amount of packs are going to change the game.

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I just can't afford to buy another game. I legitimately enjoy The Sims 4, so if the two factors I mentioned both exist why would there be a reason for me to move on? If The Sims 5 comes out and ends up being fantastic, amazing, and groundbreaking, I might buy it when I'm in a better financial state. Right now, I'm just not there.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    I have tons of 4's content i haven't used yet so if 5 comes up i'll keep playing 4 until I feel im done with it.
    Im also worried about the path ea is paving on sims 4, with the Spark'd tv show... i think they want sims 5 to be something im not interested in...
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't want the Sims 5 because it's basically the same game we already have with a few tweaks and changes here and there and probably some different graphics. It will most likely have the same cycle of packs as all the previous sims games have had and I really can't see the point in starting over yet again. Also I seriously doubt that a Sims 5 will be any better than the current iteration is if EA is involved with it which they inevitably will be. Unless they can guarantee the level of detail and quality that the Sims 2 had game play wise then I'm not interested in it.

@Sharonia Well it doesn't have to be that way. Only The sims 4 was just the same old with some tweaks and graphics. The previous games all brought tons of new things and innovations that shaped the franchise as a whole. The base games, even though the genre stayed the same, were all so different from each other. Especially the jump from TS1 to TS2 brought huge evolvement to the Sims. If you playedd the sims already back in that era you probably know.

I think people hope that with The Sims 5, EA will finally realize that it's 2020 and it's time to bring the game to another level that same old with a few tweaks. Even though The Sims team has dissapointed us in the last few years, people are just hopeful they will turn it around.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    As a veteran from sims 1, the low content of a basic game feels like a slap in the face or as an insult to me. Waiting again for several years until the game would be playable, is a no-go to me at this moment, I simply wouldn't buy a basic Sims 5 from my experience with the addon circle earlier series. But I have an open mind, I'm not really against a Sims 5. Although I don't have any hope, that a basic Sims 5 will hold enough content, which I could enjoy.