Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts form the Journal of Omar Benali

mfkQsqB.jpg
    Austin Denney is in school now.

-We’ve decided to move to the suburbs, well, trying to anyway, my firm just acquired another office in the area and is looking to staff it, so it’s a good time for me to move career-wise. Becca can finally go to work at Salim’s company like he’s been begging her to do. And well, I’d feel better raising my kids in the ‘burbs, and having them closer to my family.
    We’ve been looking at houses for a while and Becca and I have decided to make an offer on a house in Oasis Springs, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, she says it’s mid-century modern. It’s in our price range and in the same neighborhood where the Monte**gros lived before they moved to Windenburg.
    So, I decided to go to Uncle Kyle and Salem to help me make an offer on it, because they’ve done this sort of thing before, well Uncle Kyle has a couple of times. They had other plans though.
    When I got to the house to show them the papers and have them advise me and stuff. They both took me out to the front yard and Uncle Kyle pointed at the “For Sale” sign on the big house across the street. It’s huge, 2 stories, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, nice yard, and way out of our price range. Uncle Kyle somehow had a key and took me inside to show it to me, he and Salim were talking it up like it was the Taj Mahal. OK, I totally get that they and Than would love it if I lived across the street. And being next door to Alexander and his family would be a plus too, of course.
    But seriously, me and Becca can’t afford it, at least not yet. And I told them that. Then Salim said, but you and Becca will get raises and make more money over time Omar, and you need to prepare for the future, besides Becca is a published author now and I can easily get her on where I work, I have pull. Uncle Kyle quickly added, and you are transferring to a new location that’s starting from scratch, so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to advance there.
    OK, there is no guarantee that I can transfer to the new office at the same salary level as I have now for one, and Becca’s non-fiction book on the Heroes of Sim City was bought mostly by libraries in Sim City. Her other book is a workout guide for pregnant women and she got Uncle Kyle to create some healthy recipes for her to put in it, which totally helped their relationship granted. It got mentions on a few parenting websites and is listed in the self help books on one of the big online book stores in the top 100, it’s 96th. So neither of us is raking in the big simoleans yet, not by a long shot.
    Then I go the old one-two punch, Uncle Kyle said he would give me a bunch of his family’s furniture he had in storage that we could have, and that they would give me part of my inheritance now, so I could buy the house. And two, Salim said I could ask mom to move in with us to help with the kids, and she could be close to her family. Salim added, he knew she would jump at the chance, plus with three small children, she would be a huge help and how much it would mean to Than to have her close by. And I’m down for the count. Now how to talk my wife into buying a huge house we can’t afford and, oh, by the way honey, I want my mom to come live with us.-

l7e3ERX.jpg
    The new Bengali home.

-OK, so I admit I am totally clueless sometimes, particularly when it comes to what my wife might do or say or think. But when I went back to the apartment, and told Becca everything, and showed her the photos of the house on my phone. She said she thought it was a great idea and would solve a lot of our problems. The house, living close to my relatives and my mom moving in, all of it, she was totally on board with the whole plan. I had to ask, I mean, I guess I was in shock. So I asked her if she maybe didn’t have reservations or concerns about any of it? Then she said, Omar, we are about to have two babies, with diapers and feedings and potty training, remember that with Kaden and double it. So, yes, having to share my home with my mother-in-law is not my dream come true. But, baby, we are in trouble, big trouble, with both of us working and also needing both incomes, plus three very small children at home, when we barely managed to cope with just Kaden, well, I’m no fool. And we will need a big house, because we may have more kids at some point whether we want to or not. Because I have an incredibly sexy and sweet husband, who I love very much and I intend to show him how much I love him a lot, and with our track record so far…. Then I told Becca that in case I hadn’t said it lately, I loved her too, I loved her very much.-

-Me and Becca went over to mom’s, showed her the photos of the house and Becca asked her if she would consider moving in with us and helping us with the kids. She knew it was a lot to ask and that my mom had her own life and she would totally understand if she didn’t want to….
    My mom cut Becca off somewhere around there and said she needed lots of boxes, and it was nice of Kyle Jeffries to offer you his family’s furniture, but Salim bought me all new stuff for this place that’s still perfectly good and we should use it in our new house too.-

-Moving was a nightmare, Uncle Kyle, Salim, Than, my mom, my very pregnant hormonal wife all had ideas about where to put stuff and discussed it endlessly, sometimes in very loud voices. I got to hang my rare mounted Treefish in the hall, somehow my old mounted Salmon very mysteriously disappeared in the move to the apartment Becca and I shared. By the time we got everything unpacked and arranged, and rearranged several times, I might add, Becca was due. Hopefully, we were ready.
    I guess it was right after 3PM a couple days later because Than came over and him and mom were talking. I was about to go outside to work on my woodworking station, yeah, another big purchase I made after I had just been worried about money, Becca calls it my new toy. Then Becca started yelling for me as she waddled down the stairs, because she had gone into labor. So, after all the practice drills we had done and everything, I totally panicked. Thankfully, mom told me what to do, while Than very excitedly jumped around squealing and clapping his hands like he was a little kid again. Then me and Becca left for the hospital.
    I got through not one but two births one after the other without passing out or running from the room screaming, and I had two new sons, Zayn and Samyr, Becca picked out the names with moms help, some of my relatives or something I think. And I cried after, one, my hands were throbbing, Becca squeezes them during contractions, and she is strong, and two, they were perfect little tiny Benali boys and I loved them with all my heart instantly, just like with Kaden, but with two this time, I guess I got overwhelmed.-

-A few days after we brought the boys home, I went back to work. I wanted to give mom and Becca a chance to be home without me there to be themselves around each other and not have me to consider. And yes, the sound you hear is me flapping my wings and clucking. After I got home that day, Lucas came over to see the boys and then he and I went fishing over behind the house, there’s a good spot there where my mom goes a lot.
    There was something I wanted to talk to Lucas about, and I didn’t know how to start or if it was my place to even bring it up. But, Lucas is one of my best friends and I felt like I needed to help if I could. And I thought I could. So, while we were fishing, I started talking about the problem me and Becca had, you know, with our fertility. And how Dr. Oliphant told us she could help us. Then Lucas told me that he and Sophia had the opposite problem, that they had been trying for a while and nothing was happening. Which was kind of what I had hoped for, because then I gave him one of Dr. Oliphant’s cards and told him he and Sophia needed to go see her. Then Lucas said, dude, you totally just set me up didn’t you? And I answered, and you walked right in Munch. But seriously, maybe she can help, she said she sees a lot of couples with your problem and a lot of times she can help them. I’m scared Omar, Lucas said. What if there’s something wrong with me? Then I told Lucas, there is something wrong, you just don’t know what it is. Then he said that Sophia had been nagging him about them going to see a doctor for a while, but he kept making excuses. And I said, remember Uncle Cristian? When he told me to “man up” and tell Cadence I wanted to date her? Well, that was good advice.
    We were done fishing after that so we packed up and started back to the house, on the way back to the house Lucas said, so you seriously are like, what, super potent man? And I said, totally explains why I am so much manlier than you doesn’t it? Dude, I can totally take you on anytime with those noodle arms of yours, I got more muscles in my big toe, answered Lucas.-

GFZSVu1.jpg
    Omar and Lucas go fishing.

-I was at my new woodworking station and I got a call, It was Cadence, yeah that Cadence, she asked if she could come over and see the boys. I said yes. OK, I went and told Becca, right away. When Cadence got here, Becca was upstairs and so was mom, on purpose I think, so I went and answered the door.
    She looked good, like, she was older sure, but still looked like the old Cadence too, I guess. We sat on the couch and talked, at first it was awkward but soon we were chatting like old friends, remember when this happened or whatever happened to such and such. And I finally apologized, I told her I had felt bad for the way I acted when we broke up and it had really bothered me all these years that I never got the chance to apologize to her for it. Apology accepted, she said, I knew you would take it badly, Omar. You have no idea how much I prepped for that talk before, so I could stay calm. Well, you did a good job, I said, you were really chill the whole time you were breaking my heart Cadence Hawkins,yeah, I used her married name. She laughed then, that’s the Omar I remember, I’m glad some things don’t change she said.
    After that Becca and mom made an appearance and Becca invited her upstairs to see the boys, and apparently invited her to eat dinner with us. Which she did. We all talked over dinner and Becca kind of liked Cadence and vise versa, I could tell, and that somehow made me feel good.-

GfFoBRJ.jpg
    Cadence meets the family.

@Koteyka Humm, do I detect the beginnings of a friendship transitioning into a romance, always tricky, at least for my sims.

@AlwaysAsking I love the revamped premades in your post, did you do them? I only ever used two in my games. One was Vlad, back when I played with the Vampire pack, he always looked way too much like a Scooby Doo villan for my tastes, and the 17th Anniversary Pancakes with Iggy as a toddler, they had the most unfortunate looking children in my games before that, while Iggy always grows up to be a good looking guy, and I'm shallow.

@Tixyen Thanks for your comment, I have to say, that doing these post has made me think a lot about how and why stuff happens when I play and has added a whole new fun element to my current game.

@alexandrea Wow, I love your premade makeovers too, and the photos you posted are soo beautiful.

@DoodlyDoofus Wow, I have seen Grim on the gallery with a family, but is there an actual sim under that suit, I always assumed it was just basically the outfit with nothing underneath?

@ryttu3k About Kareem, yes and no, so far what we know about him is that he is slightly older than Salim, has 2 ex-wives and 3 children that he is negligent about sending alimony and child support to, he is a blue collar guy, he and Salim had a huge sibling rivalry growing up, and that he and Omar are not close. However, I like to think that all the characters I introduce are not totally bad, for example Max, who is actually evil, I tried to present as having some redeeming qualities.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Hey guys! I feel like it's been ages since I've posted on here, but these are some Winterfest screenshots from my current legacy household. Quick recap. Raymie married Luke and adopted his daughter Maddie, who is about to age up into a young adult in a few days. They had a son (the next heir) named Jamie, and he's currently a teenager. They also adopted their foster son Aaron when he was a child (he's the same age as Jamie). The dogs are Loki (Husky), Nala (Curly-coated Retriever) and Zeus, their son.

240ec25ef1fcabd33eb5f73b56d950b286157615.png
    L to R: Aaron, Luke, Maddie, Raymie and Jamie.
    cb3ef69cef3d7475553120b0e730b71a5e0fc71c.png
    L to R: Loki, Nala and Zeus

95cf5b89176f3b56021aef14da7bd42c6a1da3c6.png
    c66e5c4c9539b2cce3aaedfc38ba7a4d243e01c1.png
    Their house decorated for the occasion.

b6cce4f9f83988f419b257282b11a46dd5d4dfc9.png
    8edf08513c9aaddc22255f8b6d6f648fcb4b25f2.png
    Maddie and her best friend Nani Kealoha exchanging gifts.

9b5069d3b7633ed5f777cccae4b726c783e8c58d.png
    a77b95eb43a2173e02f0a84547949bb8d323b8ad.png
    The whole family is very close to the Kealohas, so of course they'd all be invited for a Winterfest feast. Luke and Makao are best friends and co-workers. Raymie and Lilliana have been best friends since Raymie moved to Sulani, and Jamie was born within days of their son Kale... but they don't get along that well.

020d2850f2a503fd9ff341eaa3545d3ebeb8af63.png
    45a1446aca15fc4ee0750060d4046abdf620cc93.png
    ec051d1973f724d213d767997359a5ce2c01b2dd.png
    I kind of wish winter would've rolled along when my teens were still toddlers/kids. It would've been more fun to open presents then. I did shorten the seasons a little and fudge with the life span (using MCCC) so that I might get more than one during a life stage, hopefully that'll help for gen 2.

Happy Winterfest in July everyone! I'll write up a second post reacting to some of your latest screenshots.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    edited July 2020
    EDIT: I just realized I'm browsing a page from June 10-11... so... apologies but you guys are getting comments from posts you made a month ago LOL

@KiniHokulani Look at that jawline on Darien! I don't remember, but are J and Luna together when you start a new save? 'Cause they're married and have a couple kids in my save file (I have MCCC).

@AlwaysAsking Wow! Your daughter's self-sim is gorgeous... and so is Don after that makeover!

@Smellincoffee Triplets in a homeless challenge?? Holy plum, I don't envy you! I love the screenshot of the triplets scattered around and then Michelle just playing on the computer. That would be me as a parent, ngl.

@ryttu3k Lmao!! Good ole Don! I see he's up to his usual ways in your game too! I really love the look you gave Morgan!

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    @ryttu3k "Ariel had the most normal relationship so far." Most normal?
    ExCbPOf.png
    Weird choice of words when climactic superhero battles happened in her front lawn every few weeks.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    "This is air?" Coughs trying to keep from vomiting..
    EdAWu4vWAAAd2xY?format=png&name=large
    Sims 4 Shallot sim and shallot mod created by me. Was doing a Rags to riches saiyan edition but this was too hilarious to pass up.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I haven't posted in a while, but I've been playing almost every day so progress has happened...

Brianna is the mom of twin girls, Emersyn and Evelyn. She dropped out of college to become a photographer, and her favorite subjects are her own daughters.
    ZRyY2RL.png
    fNizek6.png
    7teEpea.png

Dakota also dropped out of college and decided to become an actress (now that the career is actually working in my game! I tried it with Todd, and I could never go to the shoots. So glad I tried it again with Dakota, because it's become one of my favorite careers. I just wish there were fewer gaps between shoots and auditions. :shrug:
    gdNtYiS.png
    z6cXwlu.png
    g9nwdva.png

She's the mom of two girls: her alien daughter, Enid, and her daughter with her husband Bentley, Erin.
    6N1g72L.png
    EvZtWLs.png
    f0gvg6T.png
    61yQiVg.png
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

Update of Legacy 2.0 Ed + Kailani Generation 6

VNEV6sc.png?1

Ben has a birthday.

ehF6mHD.png?1

He's a teenager now and I have chosen him as my heir.

MORE
    OLEInVY.png?1

Allison has a birthday. Twin #1

Zh9uv8a.png?1

b8b5tN2.png?1

Vanya has a birthday. Twin #2

SpzKCUp.png?1

wXRoa7g.png

Remember I said my heir would marry Carole Baskin and Joe Exotic's child? Well here is their daughter. I think her name is Amy.

Xqkczqr.png?1

PRYclSe.png

Ed completed his aspiration.

Naming Theme:
    The Umbrella Academy

5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited July 2020
    @sunblond

Thank you, I made this church because I needed a location for christmas. :D

It's Christmas Eve. The children were so exicited and energized, the didn't wanted to sleep.

In the morning Ludwig decorate the christmas tree and caught the fres fish, then Viktoria prepared the feast for the evening.

63HK8Hj.png
    wwUq9LN.png

A friend of the family came over.
    5FuuBLQ.png

It was late afternoon, when everything was prepared. The family went to the local church for the mass. But nobody was there. It looked that the priest hold his mass somewhere else, so Ludwig took the responsibility.
    tdTFB25.png
    3Gasm8H.png

Ludwig has hold the speech for the nativity play and Viktoria played the organ.
    4KeWQ1I.png
    nVUMKYa.png

The other village members were happy.
    ZOJcRz0.png
    QHewK2V.png
    Hid93nm.png

It was almost 7 pm when the family went home. It's about time for gifts.

FZFQNIH.png
    Jz2uDhT.png
    WQiCLqR.png

Then we had a surprise for the children. Santa Claus has arrived.

dP7u2Bf.png

And ofcourse everyone was well-behaved last year.

YZR4sDr.png
    hhk15hv.png
    kZBquiB.png
    qMMEfTB.png
    3EFnGhl.png

(In case you are wondering about the expensiv doll house in the back. Ludwig found it in the trash and cleaned it.)

It was a really nice day for everyone.

NyE2L92.png
    u3z2ESy.png

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Max

We-ll-Figure-This-Out.png
    They explored the entire property together and ended up at the back of the house. The house was placed on the highest hill in Del Sol Valley and overlooked the entirety of the city. It was beautiful. The light hit the world just right and it made the whole situation seem less bad. Max noticed how they were standing next to each other in silence. He grabbed Veronica’s hand and she turned towards him. With a squeeze, Max told her they would figure this out together. Today.

Thinking-of-Ideas-Together.png
    Thinking-of-Ideas-Together-2.png
    Thinking-of-Ideas-Together-3.png
    Thinking-of-Ideas-Together-4.png
    The two of them went inside and sat at the dining table, thinking over different ideas that popped into their head. Nothing seemed to work. Veronica had royally screwed up, she knew that. But she had also hoped Max would be able to help her. He had a mind for these things. Max did have one idea, but he didn’t want to mention it until they had exhausted all their other options. When it seemed like they did, he spoke up, mentioning what he was thinking about cautiously. What is she would sign over the deed to the house so his name was on it? She could keep living there and Max would be the one at risk when the truth would get out. Veronica was shocked. There was no way she’d let him do that. She didn’t want to incriminate him for something she had done.

Comforting-Embrace.png
    Max stood up and pulled Veronica with him. He gave her a tight hug, telling her to let him do this for her. He’d made a lot of mistakes in his life but this shouldn’t be one of them. Veronica had been kind to him and he wanted to repay her for that. Veronica could keep living in the house, the deed would just be in Max’s name. Veronica wasn’t completely sold on the idea and she felt very hesitant. But she also didn’t want to go to prison for this. So, out of a sense of self-preservation, they decided this was the way things should go.

Signing-the-Deed-Over-to-His-Name.png
    Veronica took a shower and went to look for the deed. She hadn’t refreshed herself ever since the whole debacle happened. Max coming up with a solution soothed her mind although she was still sad she messed up and Max was the one who had to pay for it. When she came to Max with the paperwork in hand, they started forging their own deed.
  • Options
    blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    My Sim got into a relationship with Knox and let me tell you, it was really hard to get them into a relationship haha
  • Options
    blue_skyblue_sky Posts: 31 Member
    [quote="blue_sky;c-17576799"]My Sim got into a relationship with Knox and let me tell you, it was really hard to get them into a relationship haha[/quote]

At first he gave us mixed signals, but later on he was into it.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Bit of fun - I started a moodboard account on Instagram, and Jamie is serving as my model for lookbooks and being androgyny Goals. Here are some Dark Side of the Moon looks! (The middle one is technically a female version, solely for the cute EL sweater and those boots!)

YR6NSaR.png

@sunblond oh wow, onwards to suburbia! But honestly, if they can manage to get the bigger place, it might be nice. And yeah, having grandma around to help with the three very small children would definitely help XD Welcome, Zayn and Samyr! Aww, no shame in crying XD Heh, Omar and Lucas have such a fun friendship. And it's good Becca and Cadence got on well!

And gotcha! I may have misremembered a bit. But yeah, characters with shades of grey are much more interesting!

@MelsieYT haha, I had to go back and check what I had actually posted there. But yeah, Don was certainly living up to his name! And thanks, I think Morgan came out really cute!

@DoodlyDoofus compared to an omnicidal robot and the literal embodiment of Death? I mean, yeah, pretty normal XD

@Duvelina ooh, this may come back to bite them! Good luck with your fraud, kids XD;;
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2020
    @AlwaysAsking

Hey! Good to see you too! Yes there was only two!

Thank you, I thought I do a small recap since I was gone for so long dealing with RL 😊

Haha! I get you there, I have a free-style save like that too, and it is always fun to play~ Mostly I take sim on vacations and things and live vicariously through them!

Nope! I have that update coming soon eventually but don’t worry you did not miss it! LOL it is quite the night that kiss happens on is great, but more on that later!

Hehehe I think you are right, just being Rainbow and Julianna wants to let her know how much she appreciates their time together, that they can spend this time together and be happy. I am in so much love with their developing relationship more on that in this update!

@Duvelina

I dunno why but I saw them as a couple when I was exploring Get Together for the first time, two rich girls, a Sofia was always outshined by her little sister, Luna just had a horrible situation, I set them up and it was history!

I was searching through my picks and realized I need some good close up ones of them!

I had a bit of a tragedy happen with these two woman, and their first son Lyle, they all died in a laundry fire (Before we had fireman dang it!) and so teen Amelia and Beck were left to fend for themselves, now they are young adults and doing well, I’ll have to go grab some screenshots and show you 😊

Hello, another short but sweet little update with my Stone Family!

The next morning, when Juliana showed up so Rainbow could be babysat while she homeschooled the woman carried a bag grinning from ear to ear.

Rainbow ran up to her full of questions but before she could get any out,

"Hey Rainbow, Wanna be a pirate?"

"YEAH!"
    05-10-20_9-33-07nbspPM_zps6kn2i8ak.png

They get on their garb and sail/swim acrossed the seven seas!
    05-10-20_9-45-08nbspPM_zpsyq7vexjy.png

They trek miles acrossed the vast sandy plains looking for the X that marks the spot!
    05-10-20_9-46-01nbspPM_zpsrm4zlfbk.png

The great pirates dig in the sands to find the treasure arrr!~
    05-10-20_9-47-12nbspPM_zpsjeb0wk4n.png

Will they find the loot? Find out under the spoilers tag matey!~
    Yarrgh! They found the chest!!!! Wonder what type of treasures are inside!
    05-10-20_9-48-38nbspPM_zpsetlnn42o.png

It be things about those spellcasters argh! About the famous Henry Puffer and his mates at Magic school!

What a plunder! Some the first 3 books of the Pufferhead series (sshhh it is 3 don't count count them and they don't all look the same shhh lol). Also a playable toy of Esmani Ghander a talented female spellcaster!
    (For those that are unfamiliar, this is from the CC made stuff pack of a sim parody of Harry Potter)
    05-10-20_9-56-59nbspPM_zpsfkwl9bst.png

Rainbow was beside herself with glee.

"Ooooo~ those are for meeeee?!"

"Aye."

Julia answered smiled down at the jittering girl as she picked up the items holding them close.

"But it not even my birthday! Or Winterfest!"

"Nope, but it does not always have to be to give presents, besides you are so interested in spellcaster's I thought I'd start you off in the right direction with it."

Juli's Thoughts: 'Besides I know your family can't give you little things like this, so if I can why not?'

"Thank you! Thank you Juli! I loooooveee these!"

The excited girl rushed to give a hug then bounced around but suddenly stopped,

"But um what about your treasure?"

Juli kept up her gentle smile.

Juli's Thoughts: 'Heh this is the treasure, your joy.'

"Oh don't worry about it, now when your dad or Lili get home they can read you one of those or you ca-"
    05-10-20_9-57-24nbspPM_zpsibrfoupz.png

Her hand was suddenly grabbed.

"Wait! Waiting! Oh My Watcher! I can't possible wait! That is way to longggg! A thousand minutes too long!"

Rainbow dragged Juli towards some beach chairs.

"You can read right Juli, can't ya? Please?"

Juli found herself in a chair with an open book,

She rose her gaze for a moment to see Rainbow who was bouncing on her toes, yet shuffling impatiently, looking between hopeful and pleading.

The woman lightly patted the bandana covered head to try to calm her down a bit,

"I will definitely spin some yarns about ye ole' magic yarr."

Squealing and cheering Rainbow dash to the chair and sat.
    05-10-20_10-01-55nbspPM_zpsswintk29.png

And we get to cute expressions during the story, this girl is so expressive! x3 I can only imagine what is happening to Henry Puffer, Esmani Ghander and Jon Parsley.
    (I also love all the references to the original HP! Like the character names and book descriptions)
    05-10-20_10-02-56nbspPM_zps8790ckca.png
    05-10-20_10-03-23nbspPM_zpsx6horxkw.png

Juli had to stop to get the poor girl some juice! xD I think she likes how the story is going now, heh so cute~
    They spent a good time reading then at some lunch then went home to actually do home-school work lol, it was a really good morning for the two~
    05-10-20_10-05-34nbspPM_zpsme4fqguh.png

And last picture is by Max again! YAY! He finally got to level ten! Aspiration complete! I am thinking changing it to a family type now, might go looking for a CC one or do Super Parent~
    05-11-20_1-08-43nbspAM_zpsul4whn7b.png

That is all for now! :)
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Tixyen Oh no, a laundry fire? That is so tragic! It does make for a good story though. At least they found each other before all of that happened. ♥️
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’ve been enjoying everyone’s posts and I’m still catching up.

@Alwaysasking Thanks for your interest in my posts. You haven't missed any. :)

I've built all the Fiers' homes. In my game, they've just moved from Sunali to their palatial home in San Myshuno. Originally, I was going to wait, but it was such a huge home, it felt like a waste of space to move in after gen 4 moved out. I didn't want only 2-3 sims living in such a giant building.

This is the front of the Sunali home.
    R2Ed9Sx.jpg

Side view.
    PBAE8Vq.jpg

Windenburg home (technically retail store), which represents Asher's style on a budget.
    9LZy2T3.jpg

More pictures of both are below the cut.
    Sunali home from the other side.
    eq7XvrG.jpg

Back. The tall/thin second building was meant to be a guest house, but was never used.
    FjDLuEw.jpg

Second floor. Top down.
    pNoHmSD.jpg

First floor. Top down.
    K49s1fW.jpg

Windenburg home. Side view.
    wKAqw1d.jpg
    Z7uM6ln.jpg

Windenburg home. First floor. Top down. (I forgot the second floor).
    x6Whbqh.jpg

Random inside shots from Windenburg.
    g3l2cGv.jpg
    hIeapBv.jpg

And random ones of the new home after they've moved in, which I shared in another thread. I may go heavier on the gardening/outside later, but I wanted to see how my computer would like this build first--and I still have no lag, so I feel comfortable adding more.
    2To1q8A.jpg
    utiPGEi.jpg
    Y56Pypk.jpg

Cabe and Deli are both young adults, so he’s not going through any phase. He’s just mean.
    I wonder if it made Deli uncomfortable to see how favored she is. I guess there's nothing she can do about it, but if she told her Dad that it was making her feel weird maybe he'd listen to her.

Asher's good streak continues. He's had zero? or near-zero mean interactions and has been autonomously giving, but ... I think the fundamental issues still remain. Your comment is really interesting to me because I can't picture Deli or another (besides Aster or Adelise or maybe even Dysis) confronting him about favoritism.

I don't think Deli feels favored. Her interactions with Asher are extremely awkward even though they're not mean. At night, Asher and Deli are often the only two awake as they're both vampires, so Asher goes to her to interact and ends up disappointed because she says things he doesn't like. On the rare occasion when she approaches him, he seems happy at first, but then, more than with others, he has a tendency to get bored. So, my thinking is that to Deli, who is not 100% sold on being a vampire, her father only likes her because of that and if she weren't that, would he like her? They get along best when talking about vampire stuff, so her position feels precarious, which I think is different from Aster's who everyone seems to like no matter what.

Aster is married to Caleb Vatore and it's a stable relationship. I hope to explain this more later, but Aster had a really hard time in the beginning, worse than Deli. Aster and Caleb came together and bonded after they both had serious problems with a third sim who I think was Caleb's ex-husband.

Anyway, I'm curious about what you have in mind for Diego. I had been thinking that a life had been at stake that Diego felt some responsibility towards (or debt?) and that Diego had to leave to take care of that. But leaving without explaining? And Hermes going through trauma - I'm curious about Hermes' perspective too.

But wow 14 when they moved - that's super young, but for better or worse, Romeo & Juliet's Juliet wasn't even 14 when she met Romeo.

@Duvelina I hope Jacqueline becomes healthy. It’s awful that she’s surrounded by so many bullies and I imagine that makes it even more difficult for her to recover. One of my sims seems to be struggling with body issues as well, except in the opposite direction.

I don't know what to make of a child like Allyson. She's an interesting character. If I were her mother, I'd sit her down and ask her to explain what was going on.

@Dora That’s horrible. Was her sister deleted from the game or were you able to find her? Have you tried using mods or a backup save to help?

@Koteyka I was sad to see Tony go, but I’m glad to hear his story will continue. I tend to stop playing families not long after my favorite sims die. The households just aren’t as fun without them.

@sarabeth2984 My heart goes out to Tobias. Did he really need to leave so young? I wish his father would have helped him improve the state of his apartment instead of just nagging him about it, so maybe Tobias is better alone if his family upsets him.

@Dianesims I love your HP build, especially the dining room with the long table.

@sunblond It was nice to read about Omar's back story and to see more of his mother.

@ryttu3k Is dumpster-diving a required part of Siobhan's job? It seems like she's putting in the effort even if some tasks are odious to her. Maybe she should do dumpster-related tasks the night before so she can shower immediately afterwards. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her and Morgan.

@Tixyen Thanks for your comments on my legacy! Poor Declan! The teen dad to single dad transition must have been rough, but l really feel sorry for his child, though. l hope Juliana's relationship with Rainbow continues to improve. l look forward to reading more.

@Daephene I love the random family moments you've shared of Evie, Riley, and Mila. Riley's adorable, but Evie looks so unsure about going for a jog with Riley.

Also, I have EL and I'm avoiding NAPs for now, but I've still encountered some bugs with gardening. The plants randomly change from being fully grown to not and their quality also changes. This bug might not be EL specific though.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    So Octavia was getting ready for work when she ended up in what I dub "The Room of Mirrors" and of course couldn't resist checking herself out.
    9wKNWKD.png
    Well now it's off to another eventful day at the lab.
    Zl2utlQ.png
    Meanwhile in the kitchen...
    hLDbiWS.png
    Grim: "I need to caffinate before I go Reaping."
    3u81LzP.png
    After work Octavia went down to her science room and noticed something was missing.
    nfUvMdQ.png
    That's right, she needed magic in this science room. And of course Billy needed to come out since it's been so long since he has been released.
    kOwIYZ5.png
    Of course Grim had to feel his little Reaper kicking in there.
    Octavia: "Heh heh, your hand is ice cold."
    IgX6ZI7.png
    Meanwhile, Octavia went to go make a wish on the wishing well.
    lq8PEAp.png
    Luckily good things happen to her...unlike Grim.
    F4jQFrK.png
    So she decided to play the guitar in their pit.
    N79B8Us.png
    Grim: "Since WHEN have you been able to play the guitar?"
    V9zZltv.png
    So after another successful day at work, Octavia was feeling pretty confident with herself.
    Eur5DfV.png
    Until she went into labor.
    R5mOCHL.png
    Billy: "And that's what you get for being confident."
    7GcojkY.png
    So Mr and Mrs Reaper headed down to the hospital as fast as they could.
    chl0T95.png
    Oh and there's that weird "Alien but looks like a human" guy, but now he's the doctor.
    LIc2Rb3.png
    Grim: "Now THAT is the scariest thing I've ever seen."
    4n2qenO.png
    Oh look, Octavia's Ancestor, Sapphire, is still working here. Obviously she wants to be the first to see her great-great something something grandchild, I'm not going to count how many times I have to say 'great'.
    1ttPrsi.png
    Octavia: "Ugh, I guess you can see them first."
    sRiet6V.png
    Weirdly enough, the wait times at this hospital were pretty bad. Octavia was just standing out here in the waiting room screaming for the last how many hours now.
    t9S0tbB.png
    So she thought, forget it, she'll deliver this baby herself.
    pvSgMlK.png
    Octavia: "Alright Billy, I need you to work that machine there."
    Billy: "I'll make an attempt."
    KOUrrz9.png
    Attempt successful, Grim Reaper Jr was born that day.
    IyJIGua.png
    And his brother....Grom Reaper...
    EOcRoE3.png
    And their sister, Raven Reaper.
    zZwHNEx.png
    Yeah good luck you two.
    Y5yoJyb.png
    Well looks like we'll need both Mom and Dad taking care of these little mistak-I mean miracles.
    MvaHwD2.png
    Well, AFTER Grim gets back from space. He better not come back pregnant!
    vaMN32P.png
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

@RedDestiny92

Wow, so Don's needs were all green when he did that smack the ring thing? Goodness! Diva moment or something. But yeah, I see your point. Thorne had been happy not making anything official at all, then suddenly when there are kids "let's be boyfriends" "let's get married" Uggg. If I was Don I'd assume the same thing, it's only for the kids' sake that he did it.

The question is.... was it only for the kids' sake? I mean, it's almost the first thing he says to Oliver, that he and Don have kids together, so he doesn't want to blow it, and what should he do? I didn't get the feeling that Oliver wanted Thorne at all .. in that way, lol. He wanted him to leave, if that counts as wanting. :wink: & I agree, Oliver and Thadia seem really cute together, maybe they are better together when they are gender swapped.

Now this .... this is what I'd mentioned in that pm, the way you phrased this blew my mind, because it's exactly how he's been in my game! Like precisely!
    Don is hard to make out this time around, he seems like an oversensitive Jock which makes no sense till he does it and that makes him frustrated and frustrated that he's feeling that way but he can't help it.
    I mean really! An oversensitive Jock. He has those crazy "deer in the headlights" moments all the time, like he's trying to figure out why he's there, and why he loves this guy so much. Yet he still struts around, and runs off to the sparring machine constantly. But then Thorne comes to kiss his cheek, and he stands there lost again. Lol! And he's quieter than usual too. I don't know, he's just been super cool through all of this, and yes, you're right, he doesn't seem like he wants to be a player now. He just wants to be Thorne's "whatever-he-is" lol. I checked my guys, and they actually are boyfriends after all. But not a peep from Mr. Noncommittal in forever. Thank God, because Thorne used to lose it when he'd do it. :D

And yeah, your two do have a mess going. So I can see why Don is thinking hard about the situation. Thorne did accept Don's proposal, even after Don's diva moment. So I'll bet he's wondering why. I hope he doesn't find out. I really laughed when you said we would find out together if that guy ended up pregnant. Lol

And yeah, I'd say I "own" my copy of Thorne, except I never actually bought Get Famous! Lmao. Soooo, there's that. But I claim him, he's mine ;) I don't care if I never paid for him. :sweat_smile:

@ryttu3k

Yeah, I was a kid, like 7 or 8, when my parents were listening to that album. And that's not my kind of music, so I hadn't seen the album cover in, umm, over 40 years, for sure. :smiley: So I was going purely from the fact that there was a moon in the picture. But now that you mentioned the dark colors and pop of rainbow I'm kind of having a flashback of what it looked like.

You're so funny!
    Yeah, I may be 47 years too late to the party but I'm like... binge-listening to it, heh.
    47 years late. That's pretty late!

Does Raylan have self confident as a trait? Man, the self-confident Sims are really something. That's a trait that actually affects behavior very noticeably. It doesn't just give them whims, you know? He just gives me self confident vibes lol, but I know you have that mod that adds more traits. But yeah, it really would be super nerve wracking to be with your whole family, for the first time ever.

And ok cool. The inheritable trait to become a vampire. I guess technically that is how the game handles it right? But it's more of a 50/50 thing, you are or you aren't. ;) As for Lilith not having any choices.... ummmm .. that's what trips to Europe are for, silly! You know All the Coolest vampires hang out in Europe. I think that would be super cool! Man, Ellupelluellu showed me some Maxis made vampires from the gallery, wow! Gorgeous! Although hers are probably sporting some CC :D But yeah, she definitely has no choices there in the neighborhood. lmao So, she should go to Europe and find some cool vampire guy that likes fast cars, and women in combat boots, lol.

Wow! I didn't realize that you didn't have luxury party! I suppose since you use CC it's not that big of a deal, but that serving table is the best thing ever created. I can't remember what it's called, but if you have it at your party, and you use a level 10 cooking skill Sim to "fill" it, then all of the food will appear on the table, and it will all be the highest quality. It really helps a lot for parties. I use stuff from it a lot, and don't even realize that's where it's from. Several of my favorite hairstyles are from that pack. Your 3 look mahvelous in their luxury apparel

Also:
    Her name is Vivi, short for Vivienne, and she is a scientifically perfect being
    She is totes adorable, but what makes her scientifically perfect? :wink:

As for Joey and the mess Don made ... well, we've been working on it. lol. Don, for sure, needs to either 1. leave again, or 2. become a player. The man is a menace. Seriously, everyone was fine until he came back. :D The drama can be fun for a while, but the days and days and days of Joey's sadness, and J's sadness as well as Very Angry issues does get old. lol

Hey @sunblond ! :smiley:

Thank you! I’m glad you find my temporary marriage during storage and transfer to be helpful. I was very glad when I thought of it, because it was so frustrating to lose the pink bar altogether. It won’t come thru as strong as it was, but at least it exists 🙄

Thanks also on you comments about my revamped premades. Yes I do that with nearly every one of them. At least if I play them at all, especially base game Sims who basically had no choices in clothes or hair before expansions and stuff packs came out, you know?

Anyway, I’ve only uploaded 5 of them, as a special request from Silverofdreams30, who likes how I edit Sims 4 sims. She’s good at Sims 3 sims, lol. I called them shirtless premades 😂 but only the first outfit in the upload is shirtless, there will usually be 2 other choices for clothes in every category, and they all have shirts on 😉

The Thorne that @RedDestiny92 is currently using in her story is my Thorne, but she changed his hair and gave him cool piercings (and some hot pants if I’m remembering right 😅 ) The Thorne in Joey’s story here is also the same Thorne, but with the hair from Tiny Living, and the 5 o’clock shadow facial hair. You can change Sims so much by changing their hair! I love that!

Thorne and Don

Xaoxsft.png

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D23EA396973B11EA8129A2559CE0EF19

Diego, J, and Salim

cI7CexL.png

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ABF596ACB12D11EA809BA688C90FADC0

@haneul

Hey! I love this update about Asher trying to be compassionate. It's really cool to me how you use the things that they think about to guide your story. I mean, it seems that, because you know them so intimately, you know what they are trying to say to each other, and what they are trying to accomplish.

I'm not sure how to say what I mean, lol. I guess plausible is an okish word for what I mean. It just looks like you watch them, understand what they are doing, it all makes sense, you can see how what they say and do relates back to past events, and shapes the future. And it seems so real. Like a documentary on the royal family or something, lol!

But really, I love it. Asher being upset because some lecturer implied that some writers lacked empathy. Adelise sure is patient with him. Smile smile, yes yes, everything is ok Asher. But he's still upset. (Oh, and you have to remind me about what the issue was between Asher and Aster, because I have this vague memory of an update where you explained it, but I can't recall what you said)

So he continues his quest to be kinder and more relatable. I hope that he told Dysis to do what made her happy because he wants her to be happy, and not because he doesn't care enough about her to worry about her education. How sad that she has that thought. Although, it's not really hard to find cases in real life when that's true. In any case it's nice to see him being kind, and I love the insight and takeaway she got from speaking to him. Asher, you did good! lol Now I'm anxious to see what she decides to do. Although, it will probably take her some time to decide.

It was so cute that he followed Dyna around to keep talking to her even when she was done with her homework, lol! And yes, I'm sure it was all his doing that she got straight A+'s. But I really love his idea of becoming a professor! He will have to develop empathy in order to be a good professor. So he should keep practicing!

Sorry, I know you have more stuff up, and I caught a glimpse of the houses, Holy .... Wow! but I can't comment anymore tonight. When I start forgetting the words I want to use, it's time to hang it up ;)
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Been playing the same household for almost two weeks. The father is a Scientist, Mom is a Educator. Their son is a child and will be an artist.(though I'm not sure what type he'll be yet)

Ryan Cole becomes an adult in less than two weeks and his wife Katherine- or 'Kate' as I call her- is four days younger than him. Their only child, Ben, will be starting elementary school come the New Year.
    50122541892_bd894fc562_h.jpg
    50121752188_bb4695f6eb_h.jpg
    50121752783_9381c621ac_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Tixyen oh my goodness, Rainbow's pirate adventure is too cute! May she enjoy the many adventures of Harnocks!

@haneul some of it appears to be, yeah. There's stuff like 'find some recycled material' that's only available (as far as I've seen) by dumpster diving. She's still only on the first stage of the career, so it might get less, uh, messy later on... hopefully!

@DoodlyDoofus Octavia has her own Versailles? XD I have so many questions on how Billy is meant to operate the machine, haha. Oh goodness, triplets. She does not do things halfway! Also I will laugh so hard if they end up with a half-DEATH, half alien baby I'm so sorry.

@AlwaysAsking it's that gorgeous prism cover art! Honestly, it has so many good visuals. That's definitely one thing you don't get much as often with music being released digitally, there's much less going into cover art.

Raylan has self-assured, yeah! When you see 'Caleb' in CAS to show off his dark form, as well as Raylan's name, you also see his traits (Self-Assured, Outgoing, and Romantic), and the Serial Romantic trait. Which, um, explains a lot about how he acts in the trailer XD For inheritability, yeah, I think it's just 50:50. And yeah, got the Maxis vampires! She hasn't met Demetrius Troyer, but honestly, not a fan of Wealth aspiration Sims. We'll see, honestly.

Yup, Luxury Party was one of the... two I didn't have! So now I have a complete collection for another *checks* ten days before Nifty Knitting comes out XD And please, all cats are scientifically perfect ;)

Oof, yeah, Don needs Player for sure. I mean, it does fit him!
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking @Tixyen
    thought I would at least pop in to say hi, had some problems so had to take a break from work and get a new job which starts today so I don't have much time before work but you know...hi lol.

Now Always it wasn't just for the kids sake that is in Don's mind but still we know Thorne is good at ruining everything no matter what lol, Oliver wanted Thorne when things were going well. However while he gives himself a hard time for showing some form of compassion he's stronger than he thinks he was relieved it was over and he could move on before he was too old to enjoy it. They do seem to work out more Thadia actually seeks Oliver out and they think about each other.

Ha I thought you'd like that cause Don is such a pain for it, I can only keep him out of the gym if I get rid of the door which I won't cause he won't admit he's having trouble but he copes that way mmhmm. Oh yeah he's another that can't just be happy but in his case it's probably for the best. Hey you own him with love so it's okay.

Tix the girls being pirates was just the cutest thing, Rainbow is just a doll it matters to her but at the same time it takes so little to make her happy. Nice to see Max doing well, I should sim but I've been spamming friends of mineral town so maybe after work lol, I need a Rainbow in my game though really what a doll.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Elsa Bjergsen and Alexander Goth got married!
    EJYYp0k.png

Billie Jang attended the wedding (in this save they both turned out beautiful).
    y66RV4f.png

And Julia decided to move in with her boyfriend Dirk Dreamer.
    IzmjGyZ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top