Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited July 2020
    WARNING
    It's dangerous going into the Sims 3 Store. I just went to redownload the Yukata that I'd bought a few years back and forty-five minutes later, I'm going through the hairs in the Store section checking out which ones I want to purchase...at some point when I have money and adding them to my wish list. I swear my wishlist just grew again. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer Hairs? I'd go here first. That should last for a while.

@Karritz That sounds like a good plan.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    I had my first accidental death in my game in a very long time, other than Flavio's short demise after repairing the stereo, which was kind of foreshadowed - and turned into just one of those memorable afternoons - by his "Unlucky" trait.

Enrico got a girlfriend, Brenna Caliente, who was one of his two close friends during his childhood years.
    OrjIRQG.jpg
    Needless to say he went to prom with her.
    4oNZnRw.jpg
    I wasn't really paying much attention, with the camera pointing at the school while the messages from the prom trickled through. However, as soon as the dance was over, both Enrico and Brenna ran over to the restaurant lot, which is just across the road and which I had turned my (camera's) back on the whole time. There was a fire of unknown causes, which had already spread, and I had Enrico extinguish it. Also, Darleen Goth was on fire. For whatever reason, everyone stopped panicking, and Enrico stopped putting out fires, after the flames of all lot tiles had been extinguished. This moment of disinterest in Darleen's fate was enough, and she just burned to a heap of ashes.
    EEHJyJO.jpg
    Enrico wasn't really distressed in any way, as he didn't really know Darleen.
    pBiDt6j.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    The reason why this is kind of eerie is the backstory. For this we have to go all the time back to the start of the game. Darleen Goth starts in Pleasantview as the deceased wife of Darren Dreamer, who has her gravestone in his backyard. And guess what - she had originally burned to death in a fire.
    I was fixing up a few things in Darren's and his son's (with Darleen) Dirk house at that time, and Darren rolled the wish to resurrect his wife. I obliged, and we all know how this ends, the ghost just gets added to the household.
    UsNpVfi.jpg
    As is so often the case, neither Darren nor Dirk showed much of any interest in Darleen or showed any urges to even talk to her. I left them to their own devices, and Darren had a relationship with Brandi Broke going, which resulted in a few children. On the other hand, Darleen hooked up with Mortimer Goth after a while, who is an elder in this game. I only paid attention to this when I got the message that Mortimer and Darleen had their first child, Luz.
    zpHrZit.jpg
    Darleen and Mortimer were already heading toward marriage at that point, and I took over the Goth household. Mortimer married Darleen, and she and Luz moved in with the Goths.
    3l50t0S.jpg
    Darleen and Mortimer really liked each other.
    4KhlG7u.jpg
    Luz was learning her toddler skills.
    cKrywFY.jpg
    mAjFfir.jpg
    I noticed that both, Mortimer and Darleen, were very close to being able to make Ambrosia, so this was quickly achieved.
    XTehlBD.jpg
    This was around the time when Alexander became a teen.
    gLTSVzj.jpg
    Little Luz had to wait till she had grown up to a child.
    uqNUHYL.jpg
    8sZqby1.jpg
    uaeuYLL.jpg
    Darleen and Mortimer had three children, all in very short sequence, but the other two were normal humans.
    8gZtsNa.jpg
    Within the last few days - on a lifespan of 800 days - those three kids had turned into young adults, and Mortimer had finally died, a couple of days after Coral. I guess Darleen's second chance on a life was fulfilled. It's kind of ironic she burned to a crisp again at that very point.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have remade Hana: :smile:

Slight different shade of blue as before

5LYPYn7.jpg

og4berH.jpg

g1XuX1h.jpg

v04kHkb.jpg

lTHRALI.jpg

Original from 2018

29541321_10155429053691497_4608026805075443712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=43UBxyaLOZ8AX_CCOfi&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=939f49347fd968c91a415a86af7675a3&oe=5F2D80BC

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Evangeline will have her first gig as a singer today, in the park. In the morning she enthused about it to Gemma, and Gemma reacted with this face, as if she were saying "Nooo why are you telling me this?" Their relationship also went down a point.

zuWK2LP.jpg

I guess Gemma found it rude when she has her own acting career to worry about. She had to leave for work at 6, as usual.

Ge3cXse.jpg

Evangeline and Marcel spent the morning at the beach. They live so near to the beach - it would be a pity not to take advantage of it while the summer lasts.

ePXv9xC.jpg

It would be nice if Evangeline could get a tan for her performance tonight.

uNyshMq.jpg

Marcel played in the ocean.

yCDSLqa.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on The Oakley Legacy:

Iris got a Skill Achievement and she learned the Nectar skill. There were a few weddings though
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    This thread is still moving too fast for me to keep up and comment on each one! I will just say well done to EVERYONE who posts their sims and stories.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @ZhakiraP :smiley: She is certainly entertaining to watch as long as she leaves my kids alone! :lol: I have the mod now, just got to put it in my game.
    [/url]

I might be a tad confused, but what mod are we talking about?
    Puddinroy wrote: »

@ZhakiraP: Great makeovers.

Thank you!
    Turjan wrote: »
    @Turjan LOL your uni mascot turned into a Las Vegas showgirl :D I need that glitch
    @ZhakiraP I can see how you got to love the Pleasantview bunch. They are really interesting personalities, and my short "test drive" of this Sims3 version has now be going on for quite a long time. Sadly, I never played the Sims2 and am quite new to the whole franchise, but it's nice the sims evoke some nostalgia in some people in this thread :smile:
    Nice new makeovers again, and I see you play them rotationally. Cool. The Timbley pic is very dynamic :smile: . I could see the potential in Rick Durwood and Doreen Caliente, but Rick was turned into a vampire quickly, which lifted the interactions to a whole new power level. My main sim was mostly engaged with the Crumplebottom sisters and some of his direct neighbors, like Dante Morganthe.

Thank you, I do play rotationally, currently still at round 1, lifespan epic (1200 something days). It´ll be very interesting to see what they have been up to on their own when I return to a household. The Caliente/Durwood household is my favorite household in the world atm. :)
    @ZhakiraP I always thought it was neat that the Durwood family were based off of Bewitched. It was before my time but I've seen several episodes. They look great, by the way.
    Yeah, triplets are a handful to take care of.
    I love the look of Marigold, she is a pretty Sim.

I never watched that show, I think it was a little before my time as well. Thank you.
    Triplets, yes. I´ve had enough toddlers in my legacy family to last me a lifetime. Not dealing with that if I don´t have to, thank you!
    I like Marigold as well :)

@emorrill I thought I read a comment by you a few days ago. I didn´t take the time to answer right then (daft of me) and now I cant find it again :s Did you ask if I have a blog where I post my sims? Or did I get that confused? Anyway, I got one but it´s empty still. Have to get around to fixing it.

Hope you are all having fun simming and outside of simming!

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    > @Nikkei_Simmer said:
    > WARNING
    > It's dangerous going into the Sims 3 Store. I just went to redownload the Yukata that I'd bought a few years back and forty-five minutes later, I'm going through the hairs in the Store section checking out which ones I want to purchase...at some point when I have money and adding them to my wish list. I swear my wishlist just grew again. :(

It is also pretty dangerous to play the game with store ads enabled. I have been tempted to buy a pair of earrings an hour ago. After years of being immune to in game store ads, i have finally fell for it. No regrets, they were nice earrings XD I feel satisfied buying adult hairs and clothes but i cant decide if it is worth it for me to buy things for teens because when i play them i age them after a week or so.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    WARNING
    It's dangerous going into the Sims 3 Store. I just went to redownload the Yukata that I'd bought a few years back and forty-five minutes later, I'm going through the hairs in the Store section checking out which ones I want to purchase...at some point when I have money and adding them to my wish list. I swear my wishlist just grew again. :(

1. I read this with Elijah Wood as Frodo imitating Bilbo about going out your front door. I'm a nerd. I have issues.

2. I really need to add more simpoints to my account. I still haven't "bought out the store". My list is still really long.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    @MamaSimTee , one does not simply walk into the Sims 3 Store.
  • Options
    I decided to start a thread to showcase my patterns in the Sims 3 Game Tools section of the forum (which is something @CravenLestat should definitely do too!)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978576/palmarrows-pattern-thread/p1?new=1
    I did it so that I can have a sense of purpose while playing with posing. I took these pictures for my Laser-Cut Lace pattern:
    iCmBPqp.jpg

PnYAcho.jpg
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I've spent the last month or so playing Sims 4, but I decided to play Sims 3 yesterday. Back with the Sanchez family. The toddler twins, Carolina and Elena, are now children... and Maria had TRIPLETS! :lol: She wanted to have five kids and I figured that it was the best way to do it with regards to maternity leave and so on. She actually only had her daycare open for a week in Sim-time, and now following the birth of the triplets will be off for another two weeks... unless I can figure out a way to tweak it with NRAAS. She had two girls and a boy, called Sofia, Alejandra and Mateo. I feel sorry for Mateo already as he's the only boy hahaha. I will miss toddlers not being able to walk up and down stairs and being able to help themselves to adult food. But aside from that I'm excited to get properly into Sims 3 again.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @PalmArrow Love it!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    @Turjan , the story about Darleen Dreamer not being able to avoid her destiny in your game is so eerie!
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @MamaSimTee , one does not simply walk into the Sims 3 Store.

S3S_YouShallNotPass.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    I'm giving myself headaches again...
    giphy.gif

Another Mind-Bending Legacy - Teen Pregnancy Rags to Riches

OK...first we will start with the McIrish side of the family.

The Great Grandfather is Art McIrish who married Aibreann (Kennedy) McIrish who begat Alroy McIrish and his sister Orla McIrish. Alroy McIrish married Aideen (Gallagher) McIrish and begat Caeden who married Fiona (Kelly) McIrish and thus begat River who decided to be with Haruo and ended up giving birth to Aaron McIrish (who will take the last name Chikamori) when River and Haruo do decide to get married which meant that Aaron was conceived out of wedlock. Bad Toad Haruo.
    McIrish_Direct_Line.png
    Going back to Alroy who had a sister named Orla who married Orrin Murphy but decided to take the McIrish surname for his own and thus begat Aoibheann who later to Aillil Donovan who also did the same as his father-in-law and took the McIrish surname and thus became Ailill McIrish and thus was born Eugenia. Thus ends the story of how River McIrish and Eugenia McIrish are second cousins.
    EugeniaMcIrishLine.png
    Thus endeth the McIrish Lineage side of the family.

Now for the Chikamoris

Tatsuhide Chikamori is the Great Grand-Patriarch of the Chikamori family after marrying Keiko (Tanaka) Chikamori, he begat Shokiji Chikamori who after he grew up married Mariko (Nakamura) Chikamori who begat rather prolifically in order Yoshinobu, Satoshi, Tatsuyoshi, Masaharu and Kimiko (the youngest). So far only Yoshinobu and Kimiko are married. Kimiko is married to Toshiharu Maruyama which makes her Kimiko Chikamori-Maruyama. Yoshinobu is married to Mayumi Sugihara and it was that union that begat Haruo who married River and begat Aaron.
    ChikamoriDirectLine.png
    Chikamori-Maruyama.png
    Thus ends the other half of the family and right now I don't know if this one is going to be even worse in terms of geneological mind-twisting than the other Legacy. I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen with this and if there's going to be any more additions to this family pre-Founders-wise. All I know is that I think this one is going to give me as much of a headache as the other one.

I'll add the Sugihara side of Haruo's family into this narrative later.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

@emorrill I thought I read a comment by you a few days ago. I didn´t take the time to answer right then (daft of me) and now I cant find it again :s Did you ask if I have a blog where I post my sims? Or did I get that confused? Anyway, I got one but it´s empty still. Have to get around to fixing it.

@ZhakiraP I did ask you that. :blush: Just wanted to confirm that you thought right. ;)

@PalmArrow That first sim you posted using poses was such a pretty lady! :star: Great job with her and the outfit! (And with the other pictures you've showcased. <3 )

So hey everyone. I'm still feeling down lately and not in the mood to play or write... :pensive:
    Story time:
    It didn't help my current mental state when yesterday morning we found out that a teen in our neighborhood (who's little sister is my daughter's best bud and they play together often outside) was exposed to COVID by staying with family members for a short time who had it and I guess didn't know it? and so there were rumors flying around that he was showing symptoms and got tested, but I also heard he wasn't showing symptoms just told church leaders he'd been exposed and that's why he couldn't go to the youth activity this week (shouldn't even be a youth activity going on imho, but since our county is in the Green...). Either way he got tested and they are waiting for results. So naturally upon hearing this I got super worried that daughter was exposed through this teen's little sister and so I worried about hubby getting it when he's high risk and my anxiety has been through the roof!!! :fearful:

On the bright side, I just got a text from another neighbor friend that she spoke directly to the said teen's mother this afternoon and the mother revealed that her son does not have COVID. Now, whether she said that as a result of test results...we both don't know. (My friend didn't want to pry that deeply). But I'm thinking we'll just keep on staying isolated for two weeks and all 3 of us will get tested in the meantime just to be sure. Like we need this on top of finding employment and possibly moving right now. :confounded: I mean could things GET any worse this year!? :weary: Forgive my mini rant...

I pray COVID settles down soon, but I fear it will only increase when the colder weather arrives. May God bless this world with peace and healing and bless those who are working on a vaccine to find a successful one very soon. 🙏 In the meantime let's all do our part to slow the spread, not only protect our loved ones, but our neighbors as well.

Anyhoo this post needs sim pictures. :p (That is what this forum is about after all. ;) I didn't mean to go off there on real world issues.)

I've been setting up another beach to use in my story for the next chapter (I'll share those pics later) and sent Alex on over to play test it. :blush:

Screenshot-8.jpg

He seemed to be super pleased with the view. :joy: (That face!)

Screenshot-9.jpg

I ordered him to sunbathe to make sure there was room to and...oh...my... :love:

Screenshot-23.jpg
    ^The things I could do to that man. 🤤 :smirk:

"He" pulled out the boombox and the Geek Rock song that was playing, I totally rocked out to! :lol: It was really pretty sad how much I was bopping out to it in my chair. :joy: I needed a hot beat in my life at the moment I guess.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Lemme see if I can find the song and y'all let me know if you like it too. :blush: It's my favorite of the Geek Rock. Found it! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cgH6w84spg
    ^Do they have a Weezer vibe to you? Just a little? :p

I really am looking forward to taking more pictures and writing more of the story. Posting this is helping me get more motivated. 👍

Stay safe and sim on my friends. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @emorrill Thanks, I´m glad I didn´t imagine it all :D
    Alex looks great!
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Karritz That's a really big household.
    ****Great pics!

@Brandontaylor Congrats on the pending baby!
    ****We got some rain over by us, too.

@Evalen Cute pics of Ashah.

@Silverofdreams30 Hi, Samantha!

@Turjan No, I actually lost a lot of my newer saves when I needed to do a reinstall, and then had issues with the thumb drive they were stored on, so I'm pulling older ones out of retirement to see what I can make of them. I round-robin because I get bored with saves if I play them too many days in a row.
    ****That's a lot of gems.
    ****Poor Darlene. Though I guess it is canon.

@king_of_simcity7 Great Sim!

@PalmArrow Good luck, Evangeline!

@Sleepstar Congrats, Iris.

@ZeeGee I try to post/comment once a day. Otherwise, I'd be spending half the day posting here.

@Lucy_Henley Welcome back! Congrats on the triplets.

@Nikkei_Simmer That's part of the reason why I don't play actual stories. Trying to keep family trees in order is stressful.

@emorrill Great pics!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I didn't play today, so no update on my end. Hopefully I'll have one tomorrow.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    edited July 2020
    "Hey Carolina! Ohh, you're such a pretty little girl!"
    Maria had always loved snuggling the kids in her daycare, but it was different with her own kids. Both girls reminded Maria very much of herself as a young child. She couldn't wait to see what they grew up to be.

cLA60c6.jpg

The girls were now old enough to start potty training, and Maria was eager to start as soon as possible.
    "Elena, you need to go poop in the potty, OK? That's what big girls do."
    Elena's verbal skills weren't very advanced yet, but Maria thought that she understood.

hEsW1M2.jpg

Despite enjoying her job, Maria was also grateful for the time off. Daycare lasted ten hours a day, and Miguel's working day started early, which left him tired for the rest of the day. With the maternity leave, she was able to clean up around the house.

24xhCKG.jpg

"FEED ME MUMMY!"
    What was that Maria had thought the other day about enjoying kids? At least the daycare children went home for the night...

Dbj0inD.jpg

One downside to the long maternity leave was that Maria sometimes went a little stir-crazy. The miserable weather didn't help matters. So, when Miguel was home one day, Maria went to visit the library; she wanted to increase her Charisma skill. Even before she'd properly left the home lot, she could feel her craziness lifting. The library wasn't the most exciting place in the world but she didn't care.

NHsO3iH.jpg
    Co7eEsm.jpg

Reading a skill book was all very well, but the best way to practise Charisma was by getting to know other Sims. Maria decided to chat to Kidd Goldbeard.

OLZR3fZ.jpg

It also happened to be Spooky Day that day. Accordingly, Miguel was invited to a costume party hosted by Buzz Malifa; he dressed up as an EMT.

icSvmmD.jpg

Once he'd come back home, the rest of the evening was fairly peaceful. The family only had one trick-or-treater, who happened to be Buzz's son Marcus. Miguel was only too happy to give the youngster some candy.

Qi01Ix5.jpg

Carolina loved her walker, and being able to toddle around the living room. Elena, meanwhile, was happy with her peg box. Trying to fit the right block into the right hole could be frustrating sometimes, but it was fun when she got it right!

43YhHaF.jpg

Life with the twins was going brilliantly. So much so, in fact, that Miguel and Maria felt it was the right time to expand their family. Both of them had always wanted a number of children. That evening, therefore, they had a makeout session in the living room before heading upstairs...

bH5n7cL.jpg
    4sDM3Ve.jpg

Another thing that Maria enjoyed was cooking. She cooked spaghetti, and the couple sat down to enjoy it in the kitchen.

Tx4z01w.jpg

In the early hours of the following day, however, Maria woke up feeling awful. She barely made it into the bathroom before throwing up.
    Oh, I hope this is pregnancy, she thought. At least I'll get something good out of this. Food poisoning is just awful.

tA44miF.jpg

Miguel also wanted to increase his Charisma skill, and took advantage of a day off to head to the library... or so he thought. Part of the journey there involved travelling by LLAMA, and on this day Miguel had been left unwell by the bizarre method of transport. He decided to stay in the elixir store, and ended up studying Alchemy. (This is what happened when I sent Miguel off to the library, and then switched back to Maria and the girls...)

jj9Kjqq.jpg

Bingo! Maria's pregnancy was confirmed. She decided to switch on Kidz Zone; she'd heard that the programmes were both entertaining and educational for children, and wanted to check it out. Unsurprisingly, Carolina joined in; she loved the all-singing, all-dancing cast.

eiiJ18K.jpg

Despite not having worked for the entire week, Maria still received a stipend of 200 Simoleons. Maria was grateful that maternity leave was paid; money was getting rather tight.

U15HFh4.jpg

Winter had arrived, bringing snow with it. Despite not really liking the cold, Maria did at least prefer snow to rain. She remembered playing in the snow as a child; she hoped that Carolina, Elena and the new baby would also love building snowmen and throwing snowballs.

p3HCoNm.jpg

Miguel's latest promotion meant that he was now a Personal Assistant, with much more social working hours of 10am - 4pm. On his first day, he was given the job of handing out promotional flyers for the latest film the studio was promoting. Despite the cold, Miguel headed to the park. Using his Charisma skill, he greeted people warmly and would tell a joke to break the ice. They happily accepted the flyers.

gWiVJlL.jpg
    vRQI76k.jpg

Maria was in the kitchen when labour started. Oof, it was painful. She decided to move into the living room so that she could listen to some relaxing music. She was rather surprised when she gave birth to not one, but THREE BABIES! There were two girls and one boy, and she named them Sofia, Alejandra and Mateo. She felt a little sorry for baby Mateo, as he'd be the only boy in the family. She also realised that they'd need to expand the house at some point.

yQJx33Z.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @ZeeGee Sent you a pattern making tutorial starter kit but the fun catch is

Your first pattern gets to be displayed modeled right here :p

Now quit slacking and go make it :#
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    A update on the Dexter's
    My name is Tobby Dexter, My mother and Father died when I was a young boy, I lived with my Grandfather Zack. His real name was Zackery but everyone called him Zack.
    My Grandfather told me that I was named after Tobby Dexter who was the first of the Dexter's 26 Generation who came to SimLatnd and lived on a small Island. Most of my Generations lived on the Island until Mattie Dexter, he was the 12th generations of the Dexter's. Mattie was an adventurer. One day he took his family and moved to the Big city. Everything started to change for the Dexter's generations living in the Big City, their peaceful and carefree, comfortable life on the Island turned into a noisy city life, rushing from here to there along with all the crime taking place.
    My Grandfather hated to admit that one of the Dexter's was a criminal, His name was Stanly Dexter, he would steal anything he could get his hands on. It took the Dexter's seven generations to live down the stigma of Stanly Dexter's life after he died.
    Grandfather Zack always wished that the Dexter's never left the Island.
    As I write this, I have just left the lawyers office as I have inherited the deed to the house on the Island. It seems that the has been passed down from generation to generation. And now it is mine.
    My wife and I discussed it and wondered about the house, although the lawyer said a caretaker has been taking care of the property, was the island still the peaceful, carefree, comfortable place. I am married to Ashah, and have a son named Barry and a Adopted daughter name Nakita.
    I now hold in my hand the deed to the house and land on the Island. and guess what
    WE ARE MOVING.
    Here are some pictures of the house. Everything came with the house. the house had been updated year by year by paid contractors.
    ZOifjwM.jpg
    P2w2iUB.jpg
    SDX4TJT.jpg
    u51FYfu.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    Here is the next world I've had a look at and decided to use. To me, it looks exciting and made me want to play an actual game in it. But no time for that. And I have to go out now so this'll be short. It is Vargfjell.

The first pic is the little house my sim, Michelle Martyn, is living in. I don't have any pics of her here. She is in the Big Game as a townie so anyone who has been watching my Oscar's Childhood videos will possibly recognise her.
    Vargfjell1.jpg

This is the apartment block that I modified to turn into a base camp.
    Vargfjell2.jpg

Vargfjell3.jpg

A few of the worlds I've looked at have apartments in them. I tend to avoid using these buildings when playing as the living space is so tiny and they are usually on larger lots and seem to me to be a huge waste of space so I usually just bulldoze them when I need more room for my growing world population. But when I need to add base camps I look for apartments, because they tend to be larger builds that already exist in the world. I go into build buy mode with them and get rid of all the public room markers, skip level markers and hidden room or whatever other markers are being used to prevent my sims from gaining access to them. Then when I've freed up all that extra space I add what I need to them to make them places where lots of sims can stay when visiting the world.

This one has a shop attached to it so I'm thinking I might do something with that later on. No time now to do more than get a pic and move on.

Happy Simming all.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    @Evalen Ashah looks like she is having fun!
    Whoops, need a bit more practice on skating.
    Great update!
    House looks nice.

@Karritz Thanks!
    Got lucky with the storms. Had 60 MPH winds, heavy rain and frequent lightning but luckily not much damage and no power outages. A bit farther north in Illinois, one storm was tornado warned and had rotation.
    I've seen Vice City around, don't know if I played the Grand Theft City game the town was based on or not.
    Great screenshots of the town too, by the way.
    Base camp looks great!
    Caroline is a pretty Sim. So is Maria.

@PalmArrow Thanks! I figured having Melanie get pregnant again would be fun and it will still leave room for Ariana and Quinton's child down the road.
    Me too. I wish I'd have caught her name but forgot it already.
    Hope Evangeline knocks it out of the park!
    Looks like they are having fun on the beach.
    Great update!
    Cool pattern and great photo shoot!

@Silverofdreams30 Miranda looks great! Hope she has a nice time living in Bridgeport!

@Turjan Ah, I don't have that so wasn't sure. I knew it was on the higher price range though from things I've seen but didn't know it was that expensive. Very good gift!
    That is funny that the gift was so expensive but yet the Sim is poorer.
    Thanks, sometimes they make me laugh.
    Not sure about retuner, don't think I have it right now but let me know if there is.
    Thanks, winds on the severe side but didn't get too bad. Looked rather nasty outside though, clouds were dark and moving fast.
    Wow, that's a lot of space rocks! Dwight in my family is close to breaking them, hopefully he can get that many gems and things too.
    Enrico and Brenna look great together.
    R.I.P. Darleen.
    That's an interesting backstory, and neat too.

@king_of_simcity7 Great to see Hana again!

@ZeeGee I agree, it does move pretty fast. That can be a good thing when you see all the posts but sometimes keeping up with feedback is hard. Just glad you stop by and read our updates and comments, looking forward to your next video.

@ZhakiraP It's not bad of a show for the time period it's in. I guess there was a Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman remake movie in the early 2000's but never seen it.
    You're welcome.
    Can't blame you there.

@Lucy_Henley Have fun with the triplets!
    Great to see the toddlers!
    Yeah, best part of daycare kids, they go home. :lol:
    Great update!

@Nikkei_Simmer Saw your post on Mikezumi's thread so already commented there but I think it's neat how you are expanding the family tree.

@emorrill Oh wow, that's not good about the girl getting COVID. It's scary times we live in and some politicians want to sweep it under the rug. (Won't say more on that as I don't want to get in trouble)
    I kind of agree, I think we will get another round of COVID too. I wish we could get an effective vaccine and not have to worry about it anymore.
    The beach looks great!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks, looking forward to seeing what the baby will look like. I only know it will be a male as I cheated.
    Wondered if you did. Sky looked kind of awful here last night, had dark rolling clouds that moved fast and the sun shined under it making the sky look even worse.

***Went on a long walk today before doing feedback and had other things to do so just got it finished.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top