Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is TS5 being announced soon?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No, TS5 won't be annouced anytime soon
    Sadly not a chance all the wishful hoping in the world is not going to change the fact that they have plans to slap lipstick on this pig for years to come all while ignoring the core gameplay of the Sims and basics like cars till the end.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes, it will be annouced within 1 year (by mid-2021)
    The never tell us how far in development they are with the Sims games. They started developing the Sims 3 right after the Sims 2 came out. Nobody had any idea though. So you never know.
    I think if they're smart they will announce it by late 2021 while the hype still lasts.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I think they're throwing ideas around and they're not even really working on it yet so no, not anytime soon.

I believe their already working on Sims 5 but it is years away. I believe this is where they moved Grant to.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    We have not gotten any information if they will make DLC for the sims4 in 2021, but I assume that they will. The surveys are hinting for maybe one more year of packs.

Now as for when they will announce the sims5, I don't think it sounds unlikely that they might announce that they are working on it next year because next-gen consoles are released by the end of this year and EA would probably want their studios to show what they are working on and I really hope that EA/Maxis will not do what Rockstar are doing and re-releasing their old game for the next-gen consoles... Sims4 for the PS5, no thanks.

But depending on where we will be with the pandemic we might not get an announcement until 2022.

Didn't SimGuruLydsney say some fun stuff was coming to TS4 this Summer? I think she meant free dlc and we recently got firefighters.
  • Options
    In my opinion TS4 is still missing way too much content. I'm not ready to move on to TS5 yet.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Mid-2021 is a major maybe. Given the status of the world for the last few months, and foreseeable future, I wouldn’t be surprised if any work being done was impacted and/or paused. Developing a new IP in these circumstances is not ideal.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    No, with am exclamation mark. =)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    logion wrote: »
    We have not gotten any information if they will make DLC for the sims4 in 2021, but I assume that they will. The surveys are hinting for maybe one more year of packs.

Now as for when they will announce the sims5, I don't think it sounds unlikely that they might announce that they are working on it next year because next-gen consoles are released by the end of this year and EA would probably want their studios to show what they are working on and I really hope that EA/Maxis will not do what Rockstar are doing and re-releasing their old game for the next-gen consoles... Sims4 for the PS5, no thanks.

But depending on where we will be with the pandemic we might not get an announcement until 2022.

Didn't SimGuruLydsney say some fun stuff was coming to TS4 this Summer? I think she meant free dlc and we recently got firefighters.

I thought that was the virtual SimsPride2020 parade. But maybe they have something else planned?
  • Options
    No, with am exclamation mark. =)

You never know hehe
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They'll announce it when they announce it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited July 2020
    Nah. I can’t see TS5 being announced until late 2021 at the earliest. Release ‘22,’23. It’s in development, for sure.

TS4 just got a rebrand, 64 bit /Catalina support only and packs have slowly been coming out for both pc and console simultaneously. Plus it’s now available on Steam.
    In that regard TS4 just caught up with itself.

I’d say we just entered the TS4.2 era. With more stuff to come. And TS5 a long way off.
  • Options
    KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    Rebrand does not automatically mean it's gonna last for years to come. Just pointing that out.
  • Options
    Nah. I can’t see TS5 being announced until late 2021 at the earliest. Release ‘22,’23. It’s in development, for sure.

I'll be impress if they manage to release it by 2022 cause that year is closer than one might think. 2020 is already in its second half and the usually announce the game a full year before release. Who knows maybe in 12 months time we'll get the first teasers.
    Personally I'm betting on an early 2023 release but I need to look into the patterns with previous releases (not that they mean something but you know)
    Do they usually plan to release new titles in spring?
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    As Andrew said the TS4 community keep on growing year after year, so The Sims 4 is extended by 5 or 6 years
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    6. 2019 (Rebranded) (Legacy Edition and 64-bit only/macOS Catalina)
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

Yes, they've already said that there's years left and that was what 6 mnts ago.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    As Andrew said the TS4 community keep on growing year after year, so The Sims 4 is extended by 5 or 6 years
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

They're just saying all that so you'll keep buying The Sims 4 stuff until the very last minute. I'm glad I didn't get pulled into that, lol!

• Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I don't know what to make of that tweet saying it has many more years still. I cant see it lasting for more than two years, but i wouldnt call that many many years, or whatever the words they used. That statement makes me think it has like 4 years left or something. My estimation changed after reading that.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,459 Member
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

They're just saying all that so you'll keep buying The Sims 4 stuff until the very last minute. I'm glad I didn't get pulled into that, lol!

That doesn't even make sense.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    I doubt it
    6Qql9Ki.png
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Options
    It's not a good idea for the Sims 4 to last more than 2 more years but you know. It's EA they will milk the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of everything.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited July 2020
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

They were selling TS3 University and Into the Future after they announced TS4... So I really don't think that's the case at all. They know they can sell packs for whatever is current regardless.

They're still selling TS3 at full price with TS4 fully out and 6 years in! If they were worried about this or if this was an actual problem, TS3 wouldn't still be for sale. :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Doubt it. But who knows
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

That doesn't even make sense.

Do you want me to spell it for you? Really?

• Options
    Camkat wrote: »
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

They were selling TS3 University and Into the Future after they announced TS4... So I really don't think that's the case at all. They know they can sell packs for whatever is current regardless.

They're still selling TS3 at full price with TS4 fully out and 6 years in! If they were worried about this or if this was an actual problem, TS3 wouldn't still be for sale. :/

TS3 sells a lot better than TS4 in general. That's why it's still full price because there is still a good level of demand for it such that the market can bear the product at full price. But TS4 is a different story. If TS5 was announced now, people would stop buying TS4 which is a poorly made game to get ready to buy TS5. Also, they may discontinue TS3 as well, like they did TS2 (since it's closed world like TS4 only better in every way).

So if the devs just keep fooling people into thinking that TS4 still has so many years, people will keep buying it.

I'm pretty much sure that they will announce TS5 shortly before its official release, not a year in advance like they usually had done before.

I finished my shopping at Steam's Summer Sale, but I've pretty much stopped shopping for any other game to save up for Paradox Tectonic's game, Paralives and TS5.

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    1. 2014
    2. 2015 (64-bit)
    3. 2016
    4. 2017 (Console)
    5. 2018
    7. 2020 (Steam)
    8. 2021
    9. 2022
    10. 2023
    11. (2024) ???

TS3 sells a lot better than TS4 in general. That's why it's still full price because there is still a good level of demand for it such that the market can bear the product at full price. But TS4 is a different story. If TS5 was announced now, people would stop buying TS4 which is a poorly made game to get ready to buy TS5. Also, they may discontinue TS3 as well, like they did TS2 (since it's closed world like TS4 only better in every way).

So if the devs just keep fooling people into thinking that TS4 still has so many years, people will keep buying it.

I'm pretty much sure that they will announce TS5 shortly before its official release, not a year in advance like they usually had done before.

I finished my shopping at Steam's Summer Sale, but I've pretty much stopped shopping for any other game to save up for Paradox Tectonic's game, Paralives and TS5.

The bit I bolded... You don't know that, and you don't speak for the entire population of simmers. Believe it or not but there are a lot of people that actually do like TS4 and will buy anything and everything for it and all the cherry pickers in between.

I love TS3, but I'm also still interested in TS4. I agree that TS4 was poorly made, but I still do like the game and have some fun with it... and even if TS5 is announced, I know that I for one would still buy a pack for TS4 while I wait if that pack interested me. I am surely not the only one.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited July 2020
    I’m trying to figure out what this means:

An article in Variety, dated June 18, 2018.
    Interview with Grant Rodiek after the release of Seasons.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/features/the-sims-4-seasons-interview-1202840327/

A line lifted from the article:

Though he wouldn’t go into specifics, Rodiek said he was already in meetings discussing the next three years of content for the current title.

Let’s count 3 years from when the article was published:
    • June ‘18-June ‘19 (1 year)
    • June ‘19-June ‘20 (2 years)
    • June ‘20-June ‘21 (3 years) wait, unless we have a DeLorean time machine parked in our driveway, we haven’t covered that full period just yet.

Since we’re 2 years further (So at least THAT has been covered) and with (at least!) 1 more year to go, content will keep coming until whatever announcement for a new title we will get.

How is that “fooling” us when the packs are right there available through our origin client with new content being added for at least the next year, and-going by some tweets- beyond.

Unless a giant spaceship enters San Francisco airspace and abducts the whole production crew at Redwood Shores for whatever reason we won’t discuss here, I can actually imagine new content being added in the next year, or two, until a new title is being announced. The timing of that announcement is irrelevant.

Or do you mean that the devs are fooling us into buying stuff...so the studio can make profit? Well they shouldn’t make profit. They should give us everything for free. That’s how businesses work.

Or do you think TS5 is finished by now and the devs are holding it back from us for a good while so they can make more money from TS4 releases instead, because we are fools?

Now, if the devs fooled me into thinking there have been new packs available since the date of that Variety article, that there was new content that I could buy (and I did)- however, in reality there was nothing there.... I imagined it all....well...then...
    I guess I will have to go and get help.

Or do you mean those who buy TS4 packs are fools?