Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mourning a Sim They've never even met

Hello all,

My sim recently was out in another neighborhood where a fire occurred and a random sim died.

For some reason now my sim is sad because of it, even though they have no relationship whatsoever. The moodlet said he's mourning the death of a loved one. Add to this, my sim has the evil trait and was laughing at her death, so why is he sad!!??

What's the deal?? This is just so annoying. Do my sims have to mourn every single sim who dies?

Comments

• Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    Yes Sims mourn if a Sim dies in the lot (but is not as insidious as if the sim was a real loved one). If they hate that Sim, they get a happy moddlet.

But its a good thing I use to collect the sugar skulls, they can only by obtained if the Sim is in a sad moddlet.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Usually if they don't have any relationship with the sim who died they mourn for 12 hours. If it's a loved one it's for 2 days.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Usually if they don't have any relationship with the sim who died they mourn for 12 hours. If it's a loved one it's for 2 days.

For some reason it says that they're a "loved one," even though they have no relationship at all. It's really weird.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Hello all,

My sim recently was out in another neighborhood where a fire occurred and a random sim died.

For some reason now my sim is sad because of it, even though they have no relationship whatsoever. The moodlet said he's mourning the death of a loved one. Add to this, my sim has the evil trait and was laughing at her death, so why is he sad!!??

What's the deal?? This is just so annoying. Do my sims have to mourn every single sim who dies?

He's probably going through traumatic shock because he's witnessed a violent death.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I also find it out of character for evil Sims. I was recently playing one of my evil Sims while I had aging for NPCs turned on. Three elderly Sims he was acquainted with died every 2-3 days and he got the 2-day very sad moodlet every time. I will admit that in my example he at least knew the Sims but it still bothered me a little. Traits should have more impact on the Sims than emotions, which is really just another symptom of the whole issue that it can feel very similar playing different Sims. The only good thing was that he is also a minor celebrity and had the 'Emotion Bomb' quirk, so he had the meltdown that comes with negative emotions, which makes the moodlet disappear. But evil Sims should not get very sad about a death unless it is really a very close friend, family member or a romantic relationship.
    My point is that traits should always affect emotions instead of emotions overriding traits.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I agree that it is kind of odd to have the same reactions, especially for evil sims, but I do think they should react to random deaths. Especially if they witnessed it. Honestly, I would kind of love a sardonic "So this is mortality?" bored moodlet on an evil sim.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,574 Member
    Hello all,

Sounds to me as if you've got a mean, yet compassionate Sim on your hands.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I also find it out of character for evil Sims. I was recently playing one of my evil Sims while I had aging for NPCs turned on. Three elderly Sims he was acquainted with died every 2-3 days and he got the 2-day very sad moodlet every time. I will admit that in my example he at least knew the Sims but it still bothered me a little. Traits should have more impact on the Sims than emotions, which is really just another symptom of the whole issue that it can feel very similar playing different Sims. The only good thing was that he is also a minor celebrity and had the 'Emotion Bomb' quirk, so he had the meltdown that comes with negative emotions, which makes the moodlet disappear. But evil Sims should not get very sad about a death unless it is really a very close friend, family member or a romantic relationship.
    My point is that traits should always affect emotions instead of emotions overriding traits.

Totally agree! It makes the Evil trait meaningless if they cry for random people's deaths. He should get a happy moodlet for their death, not be sad for days :D
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Totally agree! It makes the Evil trait meaningless if they cry for random people's deaths. He should get a happy moodlet for their death, not be sad for days :D

That would be ideal. The 'Another one bites the dust' happy moodlet. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Yes Sims mourn if a Sim dies in the lot (but is not as insidious as if the sim was a real loved one). If they hate that Sim, they get a happy moddlet.

But its a good thing I use to collect the sugar skulls, they can only by obtained if the Sim is in a sad moddlet.

@Alexciel how do you collect sugar skulls? I have never been able to do that, even though I have my sims select that option for the newly deceased.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱