Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE BACHELOR - Who Will Reuben Choose?

Comments

• Options
    Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    @CazzTregurtha I LOVE that spooky house!!

I can't remember who made it :( But I searched 'Haunted House' on the gallery, and also 'Forgotten Hollow'. It wasn't too far down the list <3 Hope that helps!

Thanks! I was thinking of starting something new today ;)
    kMRXphO.gif
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited June 2020
    @melusine377 - I was wondering... if you could help us. I have had my judge unfortunately have to drop out from judging due to personal reasons, and I was wondering if you might want to fill in? There's a little bit of scoring, reading and asking a couple questions. And there is only 6 of us, so it is not a huge job! Do you think you could help? If you can't and are too busy, that's no problem.
    The judging is cumulative for this contest and I am happy for you to start over again with the judging to catch up. Just means you will have to read some dates that we have already had? If your interested DM me and i will discuss the process and pass on the score card.
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @xjojox, what does the timer say. This is really hard. I was hoping to do 4 pics but it looks like it might only be 3 :D
  • Options
    Phew just look at the date on the first page. I thought it was closing today, but I see its for the 24th. Thank goodness, don't know why I thought it was due on the 22nd. :)
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited June 2020
    Now that is a nice smile on Reuben, @abelhinha35 how did you get that?

• Options
    edited June 2020
    3 is ok @abelhinha35 u so as many as u need to tell the story u want. You still have today and all of tomorrow.
    @Jendowoz0612 people are using faceapp to change faces to smile
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Now that is a nice smile on Reuben, @abelhinha35 how did you get that?

@Jendowoz0612 I have seen it many times so I tried it on Rueben. I don't want to use it all the time, it look a little creepy sometimes.
    Post edited by abelhinha35 on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Round 4 - Kim

I rang Reuben. "Hi again, are you ready for the next date?"
    "Can't wait," Reuben replied.
    "Please wear some jungle greens or something similar and solid shoes or boots. I'll pick you up at 5 am tomorrow."
    "5 am? Where are we going at that time of day, to Africa?" He laughed and so did I.
    "Look out for a yellow jeep Wrangler, see you tomorrow."
    When I pulled up the sunrise was just beginning to show. Poor Reuben looked quite tired.
    "Okay, let's go. I'll drive. You can doze, I'll wake you when we get there."

dOSqI50.png

"Wakey, Wakey, Reuben. We've arrived. It's not Africa but it's the next best thing. It's a large acreage of land developed by conservationists for breeding threatened species, which is nearly all of them these days," I said raising one eyebrow.
    "Let me drive through, you've already driven a long distance," Reuben offered.
    "Thank you, Reuben, you are so thoughtful." He paid our way in and came around and opened the door for me to swap spots. Once we had our passes we headed in.
    "Wow, look at that, the first animal we see is your favourite animal. They are beautiful aren't they?" I said pointing out the giraffes.

nrVQ5gs.jpg

As we moved further into the park, we saw many animals. Then we came to a section where we could get out of the jeep and sit on the hood.
    "Look, over the other side of the river. A family of elephants."
    "Yes, and look at the sun shining on their hide," Reuben pointed out.
    "I know they look positively orange from the sun."

7m8Dnpo.jpg

While out of the jeep we walked a little way off the path. "Reuben, let's get closer, can I sit on your shoulders please." He looked a little anxious when we moved between the zebra and the Rhinos but we didn't stay there long.
    "It's good to see the White rhinos are breeding here," Reuben said.
    "I know there are not many of them left in the wild that is for sure." Reuben moved back towards the jeep without letting me get down.
    "We going already?" I laughed.
    Back in the jeep, we moved on.

e4bhjAM.jpg

Next, I became excited. "Look there, Lions yes, I have to get a closer look at them." I moved to the window and sat just outside leaning out as far as I could to see the lions.
    "Kim, get back in here, you are crazy." Reuben laughed as he reached out to pull me back in the jeep.

6nYQVPg.jpg

We drove into another area and again sat on the hood. Reuben saw movement up in the trees.
    "Did you see that, Kimmy?"
    "What was it?"
    "I think it was a monkey or ape of some sort. I think we'd better get back into the jeep."
    "Why? Where is your sense of adventure?"
    "If it is what I think it is they can become quite curious" Suddenly a mandrill jumped out from behind the trees and bared its teeth.
    "That's our cue, Kim, back inside the jeep. When they do that, it can be a sign of a challenge."
    "How do you know that?"
    "I watch National Geographic regularly."
    "Really? So do I."

kjAcepX.jpg

We scrambled back into the jeep and Reuben said. "He probably likes you and thinks I'm a threat," laughed Reuben as we turned to move on.
    "Ooh a rival, hey?" I smiled. Then I stuck my backside out the window again to get a better view until...we heard a thud and the mandrill landed on the hood of the car.
    "Oh boy, we better keep still and hope it goes away," Reuben said.
    I rummaged around in my backpack and grabbed a banana. Peeling it I threw it to the side and the Mandrill chased after it. "See no problem," I laughed.
    Reuben let out a deep breath. "You are a crazy person, that scared the life out of me."
    We both roared out laughing.
    "Something we can remember and laugh about later, hey?"

bJsKqAI.jpg

"Well, we've seen most of it, Reuben. Mind you we could spend a week taking in everything. We were lucky the animals were out and about today."
    "They must have known we were coming," Reuben smiled.
    "It's getting late and I'm ready for a hot coffee or a drink, how about you? There is an African hut I hired just down the road, so we can eat and there is even a swimming pool if you want to take a dip or freshen up before we head home."
    "Sounds like a plan," Reuben agreed.

HovJBix.jpg

After a hot meal, a dip in the pool, Reuben and I talked for what seemed like forever.
    "Oh...gee look at the time. Have we been talking all night?"
    "We must have the sun is up. Time means nothing when you are with great company, Kimmy."
    "I had the best time yesterday, Reuben, I hope you did as well."
    "It was awesome, Kim but we'd better head home or the Paparazzi will be making up more stories."
    "Yes, they are such a pain. Let's have a selfie on the stairs to remember this day before we go."

qrIWZzN.jpg

We got in the car and I was about to go home when Reuben leant over and kissed me gently. "Thanks, Kimmy for a super time. We have to do this again sometime."
    I flushed. "What the kiss or the African Park"
    Reuben smiled. "Maybe both." Reuben winked and started up the jeep.

hwBNSkM.jpg

"You are very welcome, Reuben. I..."I can drive if you want, you drove around yesterday," I said quickly.
    "So did you. Let's share the long drive," he said. "I'll do the first stretch and you can take over halfway."
    ...and that is what we did. Although I slept most of the way home.

6VOi6vJ.png

Producer Question 1: Did you find the Bachelor's adventurous side is your type?
    "Absolutely! Reuben loves animals and so do I, and in particular wild animals, although giraffes are his favourite and big cats are mine. He had some insight into some of the animals also, and watches the same nature shows as me."

Producer Question 2: Did you feel any type of chemistry in this leisure time, connected to Reuben?
    "Very much so, he and I connect in so many ways it seems that it is just meant to be. Even in those rough situations he still manages to be the gentleman, opening doors and respectful at all times. It's taken quite a bit of restraint not to pull him into an embrace, he's just so delightful."

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    This is beautiful @Jendowoz0612 <3
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, @abelhinha35 I can't wait to see yours. Now I have to start on Melody. Phew! @xJojox I may need a day or so longer to get Melody done if that is okay? I'll see how I go, but just giving you the heads up. <3

• Options
    i may get to the new round on 26th, that's why i made due date the day before my birthday :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @xJojox

The 26th gives me plenty of time, thank you, Jojo. If that is what you mean? <3
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    Yes you can take it til then if you want to (I'll be busy on Thursday). Since losing our old judge and replacing them, i am a little behind the 8 ball anyway with Reuben's responses because our new judge is trying to fill Astons shoes and re judge all the previous rounds etc. So it will give her time to do that... with that all said, I would like to welcome @Melusine377 to help me judge Reuben's journey at finding love :)
  • Options
    Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Thank you @xJojox :) and hello ladies! <3 I will try and get up to date as quickly as possible as I am sure you are all keen to find out what Reuben thought of your dates ;)
    kMRXphO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Melusine377

So glad you can help out, Mel. This is such a great competition, I was hoping you may be able to help out Jojo. <3

• Options
    edited June 2020
    You did well Mel to get these out so quickly, well done. Is Melody's coming tomorrow along with @CazzTregurtha and @JennaCatz

• Options
    @CazzTregurtha, I just read you round 4 entry. I must say you are an awesome storyteller and writer. Love your entry hun <3
  • Options
    JennaCatzJennaCatz Posts: 760 Member
    edited June 2020
    Round 4

I was really nervous for this date. I had never done anything like this before in my life, but i thought doing something like this with Rueben would bring us closer together.

I waited for him on the bridge that we were going to soon jump off of, i was so nervous and excited at the same time. I finally saw him in the distance, I smiled at him and he flashed his gorgeous white smile back at me. He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

We approached the platform, where some guys were ready to buckle us up in our harnesses. Once we were all bucked in and attached to the ropes, the staff asked us to hold on to each other and we happily obliged.

rIreyB9.png

I felt myself tremble as I held onto him.
    "Are you nervous?" He asked
    "Yeah, a little."
    "That makes me feel a bit better knowing that because I'm really nervous for this, I've never been." He admitted.

"Okay, you're ready to go whenever you want" The staff member announced.

I felt my heart drop. Rueben looked at me.

"Are you ready?"
    "Nope." I replied, anxiously laughing.
    "I'll jump when you are ready to."

I took a few deep breaths, not looking into the lake far below. I nodded.

"Okay let's go."

Rueben started to count.

"On my count, we will jump on three. One... Two... Three..."

We both jumped off of the bridge and started to plunge toward the lake. It was such an exhilarating feeling, like nothing I've felt before. I had realised that my hair tie had fallen out because my hair was flying everywhere. Being there with Rueben made it more comfortable and special.

wDvxn0F.png

After we had hit the bottom, we started to bounce back up again, and swing around a bit. After we had stopped swinging, we both smiled at each other and kissed while dangling up side down.

iQIIWJc.png

After we had been unlatched from the cord in a boat, we decided to have a swim in the lake to cool off our nerves.

"Of all of the things that we could have done today, why did you choose to take me here?" Rueben asked.
    "It's one of those things that you need to try in life, and I felt that I wanted to try this one. However, I didn't realise that I'd be that nervous before jumping. And also I thought that an activity like this would bring us closer together.

2CNic5q.png

Producer Question 1: Do you find that the bachelor's adventurous side is your type?
    Indeed I do! I love a guy who's willing to try new things, even if it is something as risky as this.

Producer Question 2: Did you feel any chemistry with this kind of leisure to connect with Rueben?
    I did. I feel that lately I've been connecting with him on a deeper level, and something like this, where we potentially put both our lives at risk, and how he waited until I was ready to jump, it makes me feel so much closer that how we were before. In a way, I also felt a bit safer when he was holding on to me and it kind of put me at ease. I do hope we can have more moments like this in the future.
    nenKuBE.gif
  • Options
    Great pics @JennaCatz