Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clay and future cubes anyone?

Is anyone else getting an abundance of future cubes and clay in every one of their sims’ inventory? My sims could make quite a substantial living with all the future cubes and clay they constantly receive.

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    They need to revamp these NAPs. *smh*
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    OMG is that what it is? What NAP is causing this?
  • Options
    I think it's the Promote the Creative Arts that causes everyone to play with clay. I'm not sure about the future cubes one, but from what many people have posted about the NAPs these play animations are in hyperdrive and the items need to be spawned for them to be used.
    I don't have EL yet and I'm really glad I held off on this one!

I had these NAPs down to 8 potential good ones, because I knew the rest sounded far too obnoxious - I'm down to 5 at the most, more than likely 3 if they don't tune them down or outright fix them.
    I even crossed the Foodies Unite off my list because I knew I would end up with grossly obese Sims, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it turned out to be - apparently Sims come into your home and bake cakes...and bake cakes...and bake cakes...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’ve read that the tech NAP spawns the future cubes.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I mean I can see maybe one needed to be spawned, but several at a time is a bit overkill. Every couple minutes I go back to my sims’ inventory there are anywhere from 3-8 clays and/or future cubes. My sims’ have made over $100k in one sim week due to it and they are in university so I’d rather they didn’t have access to that kind of money.
  • Options
    I’ve gotten rid of both tech and performance art and it continues...
  • Options
    JC1979 wrote: »
    I’ve gotten rid of both tech and performance art and it continues...

From what I've read, the result of the NAPs is comparable to a certain disease in which I've heard that you can make the symptoms go away, but you're still infected. It seems that once you've experienced the play animations, they can still continue like it's stuck in a loop or something. :s
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I've read that some NAPs also trigger the use of guitars and violins and cause Sims to bake a lot of white cakes. One EL Let's Play showed Sims playing guitars and violins that they had never even owned.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    'Back to old days' Nap spawns books. Lots of books! In the same logic as the clay and future cubes.

My sim never lived on the neighbourhood that had this nap on. He used to visit his girlfriend there. He wasn't a played sim by then...

After getting married and moving out, she (my played sim) doesn't has this nap thing but he (the non played sim at first) does.

I think that this will be a problem with rotation play. I think the sims not being played atm are the ones getting this autonomy buffs of reading a book or playing with clay... once we start playing them they keep this thing forever...
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I hope to never get the creative arts NAP I can’t stand that flopping clay.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,741 Member
    I will never buy a pack at release ever again.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    logion wrote: »

This! I haven't done it in a long long time and im not gonna do this again. It's unbeliveable but buying at release has disadvantages.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

This! I haven't done it in a long long time and im not gonna do this again. It's unbeliveable but buying at release has disadvantages.

There really is no point in doing it unless you really want the pack... it's better to wait one or two months, maybe even wait for a sale so you can read what the pack is doing to your game and you can decide if you want to deal with it... or at least wait until modders can add some solutions...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, the constant playing with clay thing coming with the NAP is so annoying. My neighborhood is just full of people standing in the middle of the street playing with clay now. Why?!
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    so apparently you cannot really turn off N.A.P.s in the game....I wanted to get this expansion pack but I do not want ballooning inventories in various homes that I don't play...makes me wonder if all the items being "stolen" don't end up in your neighbors inventories..this could be a issue not only from a game play point but in lag or how playable your game becomes over time. could someone please let me know if this is what is happening?
  • Options
    wickichick wrote: »
    so apparently you cannot really turn off N.A.P.s in the game....I wanted to get this expansion pack but I do not want ballooning inventories in various homes that I don't play...makes me wonder if all the items being "stolen" don't end up in your neighbors inventories..this could be a issue not only from a game play point but in lag or how playable your game becomes over time. could someone please let me know if this is what is happening?

I would only recommend this pack if you get some of Zero's and Simvasion's mods. Otherwise your sims inventories will be full of future cubes and clay and sims will destroy your community lots because they will steal furniture which is needed for the lot.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,948 Member

You can turn off NPC voting so they won't vote. And if none of the sims vote, no action plan should be enacted (even when the notification says one was).
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

You can turn off NPC voting so they won't vote. And if none of the sims vote, no action plan should be enacted (even when the notification says one was).

Thanks Egon.....so for those who have the eco living expansion pack is this how it works then...turn off N.A.Ps and then no worries about the inventories of neighborhood folks filling up with objects?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Thanks Egon.....so for those who have the eco living expansion pack is this how it works then...turn off N.A.Ps and then no worries about the inventories of neighborhood folks filling up with objects?

I turned off NAPs and still had the same issues. What pretty much works for me is using a cheat to choose the NAPs for each neighborhood, and selecting the four NAPs that bother me least. When I don’t choose four, even though I have townie voting turned off, extra NAPs still get chosen for me by the game. I think the NAPs still get changed by the game occasionally, even with cheats and voting turned off and four NAPs selected, but much less often.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I have this problem with a sim in Uni. The NAPs related to that are not even enabled in the Uni neighborhood. All there is in the Uni neighborhood is the water shut off and the sharing is caring NAP.

I'm not sure if the sims home neighborhood had the NAP enabled, but he has SO MANY CLAY in his inventory.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Reading all of these comments I'm soooooooo happy I haven't bought this expansion pack yet.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Anmirla wrote: »
    I even crossed the Foodies Unite off my list because I knew I would end up with grossly obese Sims, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it turned out to be - apparently Sims come into your home and bake cakes...and bake cakes...and bake cakes...

Is THAT what it is? I was wondering what the hell happened to the usually lean Björn Bjergsen...He must be stuck in a Cake Loop.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,459 Member
    NXOR007 wrote: »

Is THAT what it is? I was wondering what the hell happened to the usually lean Björn Bjergsen...He must be stuck in a Cake Loop.

They only bake them, they don't eat them. Sometimes they don't even bake them. He and his Mrs. are always hanging around the pizzeria and festival food stands in my game. I think white cake issue is just a convenient excuse in his case.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

They only bake them, they don't eat them. Sometimes they don't even bake them. He and his Mrs. are always hanging around the pizzeria and festival food stands in my game. I think white cake issue is just a convenient excuse in his case.

Yeah, people have been saying that they have to clean up the mess left behind by Sims helping themselves to their kitchen facilities.

I had a Sim with the Foodie trait that would raid the fridge for leftovers even when the hunger bar was full - and that was pre-patch. I can only imagine the over-indulgence using this NAP where they constantly cook/bake. I...am...staying away...from...that one!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,491 Member
    edited June 2020

Oh believe me, good aul Björn certainly ATE them cakes... ;)