Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Play With The Motives Panel Open or Closed?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Open, and that's partially because I'm used to playing with it open with TS2 and TS3.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I use the panel a lot, but sometimes it's open to their active club or their skills or whatever.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Always open. That is one of the reasons I dislike playing on console. From what I recall, you can’t have the motives panel open and still click around on other things.

So fun fact fellow console Simmer!
    If you open a window (inventory/needs etc) and then you press in the right thumb stick (on PS4 at least) it "pins" the open window so you can leave it open and do other things in the game.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm just wondering whether screen resolution factors in here. I'm seeing a lot of people saying it obstructs the view, but I find it's just a small box on the lower right that doesn't really block much.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Always open unless it’s on one of the other options like inventory etc. It seems odd playing with it closed
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @MDianaSims That's a good point actually. People do have different resolutions. I have 1920x1080 so I barely notice it open anyway.
  • Options
    HyalophoraHyalophora Posts: 29 Member
    I rarely play with it open when I'm doing rotational play, I've noticed. Possibly because I always have the panel open to their traits, relationships, job, or clubs while I'm cycling through families and need to remember what's relevant to them moreso than their needs getting very low while I'm checking in on them. The animations and thought bubbles and being able to see whichever need is lowest as the needs panel icon winds up being enough for me to maintain them.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »
    Almost always open.
    becks1112 wrote: »
    Almost always open.

Same here. I'm a meter monitor.
  • Options
    thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Closed until the plumbob is red, although I do open it and take care of most needs before the sim goes to sleep or travels somewhere.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I checked and I seem to keep a window of some sort open most of the time. Though,I do have a huge screen so this is probably why I don't mind it.
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    For years I always had it open. I have had to turn up UI scaling due to my resolution and then the far corner being out of my periphery made it easier to see with a larger ui. Then it blocked some things so I set the hotkey to a mouse button for quick checks. Now I am loving playing with minimal UI elements on my screen. Never looked back much to the suffering of my sims...
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Always open. That is one of the reasons I dislike playing on console. From what I recall, you can’t have the motives panel open and still click around on other things.

That is not true, you can have it open and still be able to click on other things.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2020
    Usually closed but I play slowly and pause a lot and refer to other stuff there all the time. If I feel like doing a fast forward like book skilling I'll leave it open to help me out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Always open
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Open, but if my sim is at uni then I close it and open the careers panel instead, switching when they lose the 'high needs' moodlet.
    banner.png
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Open, usually. If not, then it is the inventory. When I put a Sim to a task, I like to know how much time they can put into it before a motive needs attention.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sometimes I open up the panel to see what's going on when I'm confused about something like if mice and just use the bathroom and end up peeing themselves a few minutes later I just kind of wonder what's going on 😕
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is often open, but I also use other panels, depending. If I am setting a work tone, I am looking at the career panel to be sure it is productive. If I am taking a class, I monitor skill gain on the skills panel. Really, it depends on what I am specifically working on. Seldom (but occasionally) do I close it altogether.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Open, almost all the time, for micromanaging.
  • Options
    malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    I almost always have it open I think c: