Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Play With The Motives Panel Open or Closed?

DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
I've noticed I always play with the motives panel open. I have a hard time closing it and I miss it when it is closed. It's something I always had open in TS2 and 3 as well. Whenever I watch YouTubers I notice they barely look at the panel which made me wonder if I'm the odd one out. Do you play with the needs panel open or closed? And if closed, how often do you actually look at it?

Comments

• becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Almost always open.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I open it when a motive goes yellow. I fill that motive (by gameplay), check how other motives are and if they need some filling, close it and move on.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I never close it either unless I'm taking a screenshot
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Open, always. I'm too much of a control freak to have it closed.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Always open. I need to know how my sims feel all the time.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Open!
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I play with the panel closed, it obscures the view, but I open it as soon as their mood becomes yellow.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I play with it open
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Usually it's closed, but when there are toddlers in the household I keep it open.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Always open. That is one of the reasons I dislike playing on console. From what I recall, you can’t have the motives panel open and still click around on other things.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Open most of the time. Even if I close it because I don't want it to be open because it takes up screen space I usually end up opening it again within 30 seconds anyway.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Usually open to set the priorities of each and stop Sims getting food from the fridge whilst someone is cooking the dinner!
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Closed, but I play autonomy off and pause the game a lot to assign tasks and check on all their needs.
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I honestly can't say. I think only open it when I need to see what my sims need, but I never really paid attention. I think closed most of the time, though.
  • hexoglyph11hexoglyph11 Posts: 21 Member
    I usually have it closed as it can obstruct the view slightly, but when there needs turn yellow I pop it up. My sims deserve the best 😊
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Closed. If I notice it yellow then I'll open it and decide if I'm going to do anything or leave them to handle it. If it's red, I'll open and usually force them into doing something.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Closed most of the time. But if I have a yellow plumbob I'll open it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    My play is also very much guided by my sim's needs. What do your sims do if your play isn't guided by needs and you leave the panel closed? Do they freeroam or what?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    My play is also very much guided by my sim's needs. What do your sims do if your play isn't guided by needs and you leave the panel closed? Do they freeroam or what?

They do what I tell them to do until they collapse. >:)

And yes, free roam if I'm busy with a different sim in the household.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »

If I don't keep a beady eye on them they tend to play video games on their phone or use the PC and TV. The panel gets more and more important as Eco Lifestyle gives so many more options.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Closed unless something is yellow or I want to check before they go to work or school. It's open when I green Sims. I make them stop eating when they are full. Now that I think about it. I have it open at night and wake them when the bar is full it they have something to do. All the other time it is closed.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Mine's usually closed.
    I am quite surprised that so many have it open! :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    I usually keep it closed unless I notice the needs in the household are collectively bad, then I'll keep it open lol
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Busufu Haha, I'm the other way around! So many people have it closed. My poor heart can't handle the stress of not knowing how my sims are doing. I think it would be a funny (and probably very stressful) experience for me to play a save without looking at the needs panel. 😂
  • CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    Open almost always. I hate to see the bars in the red so I try to stay on top of it and take care of things as soon as they move to yellow.