Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you get tired of the houses you live in?

Comments

• Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Absolutely! I leave a lot open in each world so I can move my Main Supersim and her hubby around when I get bored. I like to download a house from the Gallery and then customize it to my Sim. Its fun!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes for my own Sims. They move around a lot cause I play with aging off and it gets really boring after some time! :D.
    No for most of the played Pre-mades. They still live in the original EA houses customized by me :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I move around from household to household to play so I don't really get a chance to get tired of each house. I also have no problem "renovating" if I need to, because I love building, so completely bulldozing the lot isn't something I've ever done. I do think if I stayed with one house for a long time I'd have to renovate more often, but it's not something I've encountered.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Yes and No. I usually start my sim in an apartment or cheap starter home. If they start in the apartment, once I get a sense of who they are, I’ll prepare a house for them to work towards. Then I get antsy for them to move into it. If they start in a house, I usually start adding onto the house until I get tired of it and move them into a bigger house.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm more a builder than anything else so yes, I keep wanting to change things around. Or I have a family that changes and ages and the house no longer suits them. Or they get into different jobs or skills that can't be done as well in their current home.

Then there's the whole "I got a new pack and want to use the items but..." thing too.

But then I keep changing the house I live in in real life too, trying to find the right configuration for things.
  • Options
    gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    Sometimes. It usually comes down to needing more space.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    My matriarch stays in the same house, but my other Sims don't. I would get bored.

My next main Sim always comes to live with her when they are babies. But as soon as they are teens or young adults I move them out into their own house.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    I build a new house for each generation. I never was able to stick in the same house for more than 1 generation
  • Options
    AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes, and I'm happy to have so many house from the gallery to download. Sadly many houses from the gallery are unusable, to much MOO or are so cluthered there is no space for the new owners things, or so cluthered that the corridors are to narrow and sims have to get out of the house to get to te kitchen. One-tile-wide corridors are a problem too.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I change houses like some people change clothes 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Right now i am so bored with the house of my main family, but i always end up building houses that look the same so i dont feel motivated to start working on a new one. I have never been a builder, i build one house and stick with it for ages but i find myself bored with this current one.
    I might be alone in feeling like this, but i would rather use my own ugly builds than the pretty ones made by others XD idk, to me it just feels more special to have built the houses my sims live in. but you can always add your own touch and adjustments to gallery houses as well!
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I find it really hard to build without a story. So I will only move if it goes with a story I have set up.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I'm more a builder than anything else so yes, I keep wanting to change things around. Or I have a family that changes and ages and the house no longer suits them. Or they get into different jobs or skills that can't be done as well in their current home.

Then there's the whole "I got a new pack and want to use the items but..." thing too.

But then I keep changing the house I live in in real life too, trying to find the right configuration for things.

Same her on both accounts, my imaginary Sims homes and my real life home.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I change houses or demolish and rebuild the house I want. I always go for a one storey bungalow type house as then I can see what everyone is doing and I dont have to wait ages for them to go from upstairs to downstairs to go to work/get food etc. I do tend to build roof gardens so they have more space. I have downloaded from the gallery sometimes but always tinker with it and take out all the plants (I dont have plants in my garden at home so I dont have them in game) and delete all the cluttery bits. I dont use the pre made homes in game.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I think it's different for me because I'm not a builder. So I don't get attached to a house like people who build maybe? I get tired of them and want to place a new one from the gallery. I love decorating the interior though.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yeah I do. I always move my sims out when i get that feeling. I'm currently getting that feeling now tbh and will be moving my sims. I'm over living in Sulani.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I'm doing a legacy challenge and I'm on gen 3. I am so bored with the house I'm in now. It's not technically in the rules but I' think I'm going to move.

I don't really get tired of them. I put too much effort into designing them. However, sometimes a family outgrows them and needs something bigger. Right now, I'm building a big multi-generational home on a 64x64 lot. It has 7 bedrooms upstairs, a Butler's room downstairs, and is really beautiful. Anyway...
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes, I get bored. When it happens, I change things up or have the household move or go on vacation. I don't do challenges or play by any rules to speak of, so nothing is restricting me in that regard.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    Yes absolutely. If I play generations I will either move, or bulldoze everything and start from scratch. I get tired of the houses/appartments pretty quickly.
  • Options
    AiviraAivira Posts: 40 Member
    I spend hours making each house my sims live in, and yet I STILL get tired of them.. Typically I start with a tinier home though, because it feels comfy and then either expand or move out. Sometimes I really love my tiny home but I can't fit everything so I end up expanding it, sob sob.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Yes, but I also have this in my own house in real life. I always like to move and start fresh, newly painted walls, new stuff to buy and an excuse to get rid of old things. This all is mainly, cause I like to do interior designing.
    I am a person who always likes to keep on moving, do new things and get new ideas like crazy.
    I havent moved that much in real life though, but the thought has certainly come like a 100 times :D
  • Options
    AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I tend to change houses every generation or two, but I think that's partially because I don't play with cheats and try to keep my simmies a bit poor since it's more interesting, so they can only afford to move occasionally.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    I always try to build a new house or download one from the great builders we have in the community when my sims start to complain or I just want something different for them
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I usually play in a way that every house is really decorated for the spesific sim(s) living there. Like the decorations, hobby opportunities and overall style is made for them and their personalities.
    That's why I almost always end up with this issue when the generation changes as the elder sims pass away and newer gen steps up. Sometimes it's just needing some reno but mostly I end up moving and starting from scratch.
    But luckily I like building :)
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Sometimes that happens to me with some of the older houses in the game, not all of them. Sometimes the decor from the early packs and base game feels very tired and in need of renovation. I find that in Oasis Springs and Windenburg in some of the original houses.

There are other houses that my sims have really bonded with. I think the houses that I've renovated or redecorated a lot are like that. Sometimes it's just time for a new house though. I generally like anything that I renovated. When the generation changes over though, sometimes it's time to sell some items and redecorate.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.