Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cc and mods?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    I dont know how the heck I played this game without CC and mods.

Lmaoooo I cannot play the sims 4 without my
    Fave three mods. And cc shopping keeps the game fresh, hair,clothes and I just got a toaster! That Serves 15 diff toast recipes!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Tony89 wrote: »
    I dont know how the heck I played this game without CC and mods.

Lmaoooo I cannot play the sims 4 without my
    Fave three mods. And cc shopping keeps the game fresh, hair,clothes and I just got a toaster! That Serves 15 diff toast recipes!

That toaster sounds awesome!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Can't play without mods. :smile:
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Nuh... I prefer EA clothes
    Nope. Never have, never will.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I use CC Alpha hair which has driven me to hate MM chunk hair. Very few CC clothes and items; I like them to be MM and very well done.

Only mods I use are MCCC and UI Extension Cheats.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Of course! Always!
    YES! Neither my gameplay nor my story would be what they are without mods. Especially adult ones. CC are also a big part of my gameplay.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    My sims always have CC clothes, but I don't really use mods that much. The only mods I use are to fix issues in the game, I have mods to disable townies and the TOOL mod but that's about it

How's the tool mod? I want to give it a try. Does it works well, as intended? How's your experience?
  • Options
    wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I use a lot of CAS CC, but rarely any build CC. The only Build / Buy Mode CC Creator I like is Peacemaker.
    Mods, yes. I especially like the ones that give Occults extra powers, like Vampires can Kill, etc.
    http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
    http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Some CC, mostly genetics related. Couple of game play Mods. I'm extremely critical of what I put into the mods folder. Only the best quality can stay, anything that isn't right goes straight into the bin. Keeps it tidy.
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Of course! Always!
    About 20G CC (I've just had a big BB clear out), quite a few mods - I couldn't play the way I like to without them.
  • Options
    YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Personally, the game would be unbearably boring and bland without CC and mods.
    I'm you.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Yes and No

I have cc build items installed, but never actually use them because I want to be able to upload my builds and have anyone use them. Using cc kinda ruins that
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Yes and No

I have cc build items installed, but never actually use them because I want to be able to upload my builds and have anyone use them. Using cc kinda ruins that

You could create 2 versions of your builds. One with CC for your own personal use and one without for the gallery upload. I'm aware it might be time consuming, but it's an option if you wanted to play around with CC.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Nope, not yet!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2020
    Of course! Always!
    It takes me about an hour to update mods each patch depending on how big it is but I don't mind.

The only CC I have is skin & eye defaults, CAS details, hair recolors, along with some makeup. I'm very strict with quality... it has to match the game and look good.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited June 2020
    No I don’t use mods or cc. I’ve tried mccc didn’t like it and it messed up my game so much. Also splice of life was so boring and I felt very overrated I deleted it after a few hours of gameplay. As for cc I don’t like the way it looks in my game and I’ve only tried maxis match. So now I’m back to vanilla game and much prefer it.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    There are enough clothing options to satisfy my needs. I have always played vanilla, but I did try MCCC one time. I also didn't like it. The game generates some 'interesting' looking sims and when they started having kids together the results were not good.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I play on console
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Of course! Always!
    Recentlly got into CC for TS4, varilous sorts, largely for period looks of buildings, though some is to give a different look to the sims. Mods are even newer, MCCC being the one I currently have. Others may be added if the experimen works out favorably. School takes priority right now, so simming of any sort is on the back burner.
  • Options
    darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    Of course! Always!
    I absolutely use CC and mods. I use CC because the game's hairstyles don't have ethnic range (they've gotten a little better recently, but the hairs are still overwhelmingly straight/wavy styles), and I find the majority of the clothes to be un-stylish. I use mods because I need better gameplay and more fleshed-out personalities!

I used to use alpha CC, but it looks so out-of-place in-game, so now I stick to high-quality maxis match CC.
    I try to keep my amount of mods low so that it's less of a headache on patch days.
    Also, my game runs faster with less stuff!
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com