Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Eco lifestyle' complaining thread

Comments

• Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Has anyone else's game slowed WAY down since installing EL? I do have a good amount of CC, however I have a high end gaming computer and sims is always super fast. But immediately after installing EL it is insanely slow, the loading screen is super long, and it lags. Anyone else? Any fixes?

Yes, mine has slowled and lagged. Although I play on console, It wasn't laggy at all unless I play for more than 4 hours. Then I'd reset my console. But I had to uninstall the pack. I was enjoying the additions from this pack but the bugs and lag made me hate it 😖😔
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    My biggest peeve with is is how the "changing world" thing is done, not a fan of the whole "change your wallpaper to save the environment!" thing. I really don't like how all furniture now has an environmental ranking now and how little things affect the world, too complicated for me I'm not gonna be redecorating my house with eco friendly flooring to lower my footprint. I also don't like how the world automatically changes back to neutral aswell, if I set it as green I want it to stay green, if I set it to trash I want it to stay trash, I don't want to have to fight to keep it that way.

Since the whole thing is essentially copied from Into the Future, I'd rather it had a similar system so you can just chose to create a certain world and then complete a mission to do so. That's much more involved and interesting for me than convincing everyone to wear paper bags to save the world
    almanacoftime.gif

NAPs aswell - boring. It's the same thing as clubs, making a woohoo club and getting other sims to wear silly outfits is fun for five minutes but it gets boring real quick. This pack isn't really for me I just bought it for the build-buy and the CAS lol, I'm just gonna cheat to make all the worlds nicer.

Also I don't like the new bills, it's too indepth for a video game for me. I don't wanna be thinking of conserving water usage and generating excess power whilst playing a game

Oh you hit the nail on the head with the changing world. ITF done it WAY better.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Has anyone else's game slowed WAY down since installing EL? I do have a good amount of CC, however I have a high end gaming computer and sims is always super fast. But immediately after installing EL it is insanely slow, the loading screen is super long, and it lags. Anyone else? Any fixes?

Yes mine has, and my laptop is brand new bought it last month.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Also, I really don't like how many fake houses there are. I get that they're trying to make the worlds feel more open and bigger but it just has the opposite effect and makes it feel like a ghost town, its just so sparse and empty, the only genuine neighbor your sims have is on the other side of the town. Completely ruins the world imo and makes it unusable for me, I would've prefered to have one fully fleshed out neighborhoods than 2 ghost towns.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I somehow had the idea that the NAP would be in effect for a Sim week and then you'd vote for a new one, making the old one go away. I thought it would be fun to try some of them out just for a week and if I hated them, never vote them in again. But they stay and stack up so you have four at once. Also, with the gardening one, I have a greenhouse with about fifty plants and trees plus houseplants in every room but I keep getting fined for not participating in the gardening NAP. What more do they want me to do?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    Also, with the gardening one, I have a greenhouse with about fifty plants and trees plus houseplants in every room but I keep getting fined for not participating in the gardening NAP. What more do they want me to do?

WHAT?! :o

Wait...you're saying that you are gardening, but they still fine you for not gardening?!
    So, it's either a glitch or it's designed for something very specific, like planting (which would make it very poorly designed). :/

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    > @Anmirla said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > WHAT?! :o
    >
    > Wait...you're saying that you are gardening, but they still fine you for not gardening?!
    > So, it's either a glitch or it's designed for something very specific, like planting (which would make it very poorly designed). :/

Yup. I like the gardening part and planned to freelance the fizzing with my harvestables, so I have about 12 fully mature trees and maybe forty to fifty plants in planters that I weed, water, and harvest every day, but I still get fined regularly. It makes zero sense.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    After seeing all the problems everyone's been having with NAPS, and also the fact that it's too easy to make your world green, I've decided not to buy this pack for now. Also the lag and bugs that this pack has been causing everyone. This pack needs major tweaking and adjustments to make me buy it.
    Even if they do fix some of these things, I see this pack as something I'd only buy 50% off.
    It has great ideas but very messy execution.
  • Options
    I don't usually complain about packs. I absolutely love Island Living while I know many others were disappointed in it. But with Eco Living, I realize that I have turned off most of the "highlights" of the pack. I tried the NAPs and hated most of them, so just cheat in the four that I can live with. I bulldozed a lot in Evergreen Harbor and built a house that isn't a mansion but is bigger than the surrounding houses. The only nod to the environment I did was install solar panels on the roof and the footprint turned Green the next day on its own. Plus, my bills are ridiculously low. I was excited about the fizzing machine and fabricator, but both break constantly. I tried the Maker aspiration but the game doesn't give me credit for fabricating items no matter how many or what type I do, so can't finish that. Candle-making is just a lot of your Sim standing around waiting for the wax to solidify so like watching paint dry. And although I do like some of the CAS items, did I just pay $40 for a handful of CAS items?

I'm glad there are players who love or like the pack, but for me, it's a major disappointment, especially since all the bugs are making it harder and harder to play without becoming majorly frustrated. The glitch that is making my plants disappear over and over again (I have a greenhouse with about fifty plants) and the one that is making all my bots self-destruct no matter how often I tune them up or enhance them are driving me crazy. Plus, I can't travel without my dog. Everywhere I try to send my Sims couple, the dog shows up. He isn't clicked in the list of characters to travel with, he isn't in the loading screen picture showing who is traveling, but when we arrive, there he is. Makes going out to eat or going to Sulani to snorkel or just about anything else impossible.
  • Options
    LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    > @bixters said:
    > After seeing all the problems everyone's been having with NAPS, and also the fact that it's too easy to make your world green, I've decided not to buy this pack for now. Also the lag and bugs that this pack has been causing everyone. This pack needs major tweaking and adjustments to make me buy it.
    > Even if they do fix some of these things, I see this pack as something I'd only buy 50% off.
    > It has great ideas but very messy execution.

I pre-ordered because i already had a few builds in mind after the live stream so I can say this:
    -It was not worth pre-ordering (I will have to say it has some fun game play for a person that mostly builds)

-It is sssssuuuuuupppppeeerrr buggy as in the bug houses are not worth it for anything until they are fixed. (Carl's Guide has a good youtube about it)

-The world will go neutral no matter what, just like other comments have said.

-I have all the packs, no CC and only the OMSP shelf and I am running it on an old intel i5 core desktop equivalent laptop on medium custom setting and unlike other post my loading time has decreased slightly which was weird.

All in all this is a builders pack and I am completing some fun builds I've always wanted to try but I feel I could've waited until it was on sale.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2020
    kidlit59 wrote: »
    I somehow had the idea that the NAP would be in effect for a Sim week and then you'd vote for a new one, making the old one go away. I thought it would be fun to try some of them out just for a week and if I hated them, never vote them in again. But they stay and stack up so you have four at once.

That’s what I thought would happen when I started playing, each week a new NAP. Every weekend you got a break until Monday when the new NAP took effect.
    To have it ALL the time with up to four of them in effect is annoying.

I agree with some who have noticed NAPs overwriting Sims traits.
    Good Sims wouldn’t steal nor cheat.
    Sims as walkbys who you know aren’t musical suddenly stopping to play the violin.
    Random Sims streaking through the neighbourhoods.
    NAPs voted in one town, effects showing up everywhere. It’s very distracting.

Also ALL outdoor plants, flowers and trees contribute to green score so I’ve had to remove them to keep lots going towards industrial.

One way I’ve controlled things is to empty some neighbourhoods. Newcrest is completely abandoned and nothing in it. Oasis Springs has one neighbourhood running. That has helped the lag.
    Other cutbacks may occur but I’m hoping things will get fixed soon.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My game is also lagging quite bad after one generation. I already turned off all eco lifestyle related features but it seems the gameplay is still active just the UI is hidden. Cuz with all features turned off my town suddenly became green with the sun shine and Northern light thing.
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    No sense in playing right now until they fix those bugs and lags.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    My game is also lagging quite bad after one generation. I already turned off all eco lifestyle related features but it seems the gameplay is still active just the UI is hidden. Cuz with all features turned off my town suddenly became green with the sun shine and Northern light thing.

My game started lagging after the first pre-EL patch, it's been getting progressively worse with each new patch they install. (I don't even own EL and it's driving me insane already with the bugged "off the grid" lot trait)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    > @Candacis said:
    > No sense in playing right now until they fix those bugs and lags.

My thoughts exactly. I can't even enjoy it right now with all of the bugs and glitches. I have a family I am really enjoying but I put it on hold for now.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    After seeing all the problems everyone's been having with NAPS, and also the fact that it's too easy to make your world green, I've decided not to buy this pack for now. Also the lag and bugs that this pack has been causing everyone. This pack needs major tweaking and adjustments to make me buy it.
    Even if they do fix some of these things, I see this pack as something I'd only buy 50% off.
    It has great ideas but very messy execution.

I'm with you on this :smile:
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    My game is being real annoying, ever since I got EL. When I go into the world map to do something then come back to my sims (even when I boot up the game), my sims are in the backyard or not doing what they were doing the moment I left them in. It's annoying. I booted the game, and moved a household and moved pets into my couple's university housing **they are living on a lot** and mind you when I came back it's 4:00 AM I left them in their bed, and when I get back they ALL are in the backyard in their PJs.

Also , again my sims are standing around for sim hours just idle while their que has some actions.
    Oh and I also noticed that a bunch of times my sim would be doing something and they T pose and restart and stand in the middle of the room. BUT I never ever x-ed the action. Mind you, none of this happened until I purchased EL and installed the newest patch.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I spent the last 2 rl days setting one neighbourhood per world as a polluted neighbourhood.

I carefully chose the neighbourhood, went through all the public lots and used the landfill lot trait, put a dumpster and thrashed with debug items. Then i played a family in each neighbourhood and cheated it to be industrial.

Then i disabled the eco footprint. My idea was to have those bad neighbourhoods always like that...

It was disapointing to see that the eco footprint didn't paused as we were told by the devs. It just disapeared, as if all neighbourhoods are neutral!

I just wish devs haven't lied! I saw with my own eyes when a dev said that there was going to be a toggle where we could pause the eco footprint.

I imagined all my gameplay around that!
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I spent the last 2 rl days setting one neighbourhood per world as a polluted neighbourhood.

I carefully chose the neighbourhood, went through all the public lots and used the landfill lot trait, put a dumpster and thrashed with debug items. Then i played a family in each neighbourhood and cheated it to be industrial.

Then i disabled the eco footprint. My idea was to have those bad neighbourhoods always like that...

It was disapointing to see that the eco footprint didn't paused as we were told by the devs. It just disapeared, as if all neighbourhoods are neutral!

I just wish devs haven't lied! I saw with my own eyes when a dev said that there was going to be a toggle where we could pause the eco footprint.

I imagined all my gameplay around that!

That's so disappointing! I hadn't tried pausing it yet. I had done as you did though, but I have only played one family in one neighbourhood and hadn't rotated yet. All the unplayed areas are keeping their footprint but I know it will change once I rotate to it. I was hoping this worked differently so I could "pause" it like you had been trying to do. Pause sounds more like they meant the word "off". *eyeroll*

Thanks for the heads up though, now I'll have to re-think my game play strategy.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm really enjoying the pack and I love the build & buy options. However I find that the eco footprint drifts backwards and forwards far to often that I've actually stopped caring about it now. I get a notification that my eco footprint is green, yay! Then the day after or even just later the same day it drifts back to neutral. It feels like all my efforts are in vain and I really don't see the point anymore.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    In my game I got a Notification about the music NAP being active but when I checked there is no active NAP because I disabled NPC voting. The bug fest continues ....
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this pack coming, remembered past lessons from Seasons options not working and other packs just annoying you to death, and spared myself.

Spending $40 for an experience like this got old a long time ago already. It was definitely the right decision for me.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this pack coming, remembered past lessons from Seasons options not working and other packs just annoying you to death, and spared myself.

Spending $40 for an experience like this got old a long time ago already. It was definitely the right decision for me.

This just reminded me, speaking of seasons...

Is it just me or has the lightning gone insane since EL? Before the thunderstorms would scare my sims and the odd strike, but I'm even seeing townies get zapped as they walk by my house (I don't remember noticing that before), and it just destroys almost any and all items left outside. It used to do that, sure, but the frequency seems to be drastically increased. I'm not really complaining, I don't actually mind it and I welcome the added danger, but I don't remember it being quite so destructive before. I barely ever used to have a sim hit by lightning, it was so rare. Now they get hit nearly every time if you send them out in the storm.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    > @tinkerbell3552 said:
    > Has anyone else's game slowed WAY down since installing EL? I do have a good amount of CC, however I have a high end gaming computer and sims is always super fast. But immediately after installing EL it is insanely slow, the loading screen is super long, and it lags. Anyone else? Any fixes?

Yes and no. I am having this problem, but only after the most recent update. It was fine when I first installed it, but after the most recent update it has slowed considerably and has been lagging in-game. I don't have cc turned on so that shouldn't be an issue. The loading screen is taking forever all of a sudden.