The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who inspired the look of your sims?

JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
How did you come up with the appearance of your sims? Did you freestyle in CAS until you found a look you liked? Was their likeness inspired by an, actor, model, singer etc? Feel free to post pics of your sims and who inspired their look.

7ESO4kE.pngaPIzBTB.jpg My Vamp Trent. Based off model.

QbG7RdY.jpgvRfFbE7.png My Vamp Taven. Trent and Taven are brothers. Based off models.

n1iSAVG.jpg8sioHbB.png My merman Miguel. Based off model.

a035HnW.jpgvvsxzgc.jpg My Vamp Keith. Based of actor.

iOnp54r.jpgmzXLQzW.png My Vamp Jin. Based of model.

I actually had their looks in mind prior to finding the models, it just helped to put actual faces to what I imagined. Their all friends and met each other at university in the story.
Post edited by Jerrello on

Comments

• Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    Generally speaking, when I'm think of a storyline/scenario I want to play out, I usually kind of have a mental picture of what that sim may look like. It may sound weird but I guess it may be similar to how an author develops their characters for their books. Then, when in CAS, I randomize sims until I find one I can work with. I have only ever used a real life person as inspiration when I was intentionally making that person.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,658 Member
    I freestyle in CAS or look/download other people's sims that they have made. For a while now, I've just been using what is in my bin. Usually, when a new pack comes out, I usually like at least one sim from the trailer. For the new Eco EP, it is the black female who recycles. I don't have the pack yet, so I forget all the names. Something about the hairstyle and the way they made her is so pretty. I might use one of sim bin men, or I might try to get her with the guy who goes around trying to get everyone to clean. Not sure if they like each other, so it might be fun.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    From time to time I love to create a good-looking actor/singer/politician from real life in CAS. It's difficult but so much fun!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited June 2020
    I mostly just freestyle mine. Here are a few that I created in the past.

With this one, she was designed from when I was younger, from a photo. I did quite often walk around with a scowl on my face just like her. The main difference between her and me is I don't have her green eyes, but something I always wanted.
    67773163_1328454777304814_8702121160701116416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=6s-MDIWNVq0AX8gspWS&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=2fcbfa71d32e4b26b0b5cbd6917e14df&oe=5F080502

This one was loosely based of a woman I knew years back who was an artist. She had a son named Calvin. Caleb was a dead ringer (personality-wise) for the little boy in the comic Calvin and Hobbs.
    68642642_1343762592440699_3158861614854176768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=UmscR9WZmQsAX-yusSq&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=de3fd94f9f9488b2662e6454dc43a5e2&oe=5F0782FC

These last two are not based on anyone, just characters rattling around in my head.
    65465687_1306698739480418_4372485640307081216_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=k6yPJ4fxWogAX_1PpGj&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=07de3276722e8e8410f6de5229ef5fb7&oe=5F07B72C

61865655_1286140218202937_4955085687582883840_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=mgpaR2W_Cj0AX_fnWQm&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=95a0d23e998a1017df05cdb07ec4dd9d&oe=5F064704

I do have others, but these are some of my favorites.
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2020
    I often have an idea, if not a clear one, what kind of look will the sim I will be making have, long before I even start working on them. Yes, that does mean their style and looks are pretty much pre-determined before I finish :smile:

When I would finally start working on them I’d go through the dozens of preset faces first, so to find one that seem to have features that match whatever I was expecting, from every angle, eye positions, jaw and chin shapes etc. That’s also when I find a few “candidates” for their hairstyle :smile:

This point and on I’d be very much playing blocks - picking up the parts I prefer and put them into place where I felt they should be and adjust them. It actually take me about 2 hours for every sim on this part, there were times I blasted 12 hours straight right onto them! It’s utterly time consuming and somewhat inefficient of me but hey, it does familiarize my sim with myself more, and it does give me the incentive to actually play the game :wink:

Oh, and about where I pick up the ideas :blush: I don’t really intend to have any of my sims resemble anyone IRL as such I rarely base them off any person I heard of. Instead I might sample a particular interesting feature on the real folks I’ve seen and incorporate(incorporate, LOL) these onto my own sims, it actually makes things easier to let sims shine :smile:

I do try to also balance the genders and racial features of sims I made, so I can be more inspired to create a, say, an Asian sim if there be too few of their kind(well excuse me, Liberty Lee)

Oh well I can’t really come up with anything else atm. Feels a bit dry after all the math and news :tired_face:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Screen-Shot-2020-06-10-at-3-55-03-PM.png
    06-10-20-11-29-01-PM.png
    06-10-20-2-15-33-PM.png
    All of my chosen female sims's fashions and looks are inspired by my favorite singer Aaliyah, and chosen traits.
    c661160270a7cd2f629a38d68f5f7b4d.png
    62fb7a1b13a89636594bc77ed8ac5274.png
    082416-Music-Greatest-Aaliyah-Moments-In-History-Aaliyah-Peace.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,534 Member
    My sims are quite basic so to say. I usually start out with a random sim generated by the game and then I change their features to one of the preset ones until I get a harmonious looking face. Sometimes I make small detailed changes. I choose the hair last and I like to give my sims different hair styles that go with their different outfits, like a ponytail for sportswear or an updo for formal wear.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Most of the time I only go into CAS when I have a clear goal in mind, so I want to create a particular kind of sim already. Real-life people never inspire me to create a sim. I like randomizing every feature and working with that to make a sim more unique-looking.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I don't take inspiration from others, it is all done the way i want it done. although i haven't created any new sims in a few weeks aside from Ashley Valtman.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,042 Member
    I freestyle most of the time, but occasionally I recreate characters from movies/series. The sim in my avatar is based off Claire Forlani's character Susan in Meet Joe Black. Turns out I was so "fascinated" by her when I was 14 bc I didn't yet realize that I'm bi. Haha. But most of my sims started getting same face syndrome, so now I randomize sims until I get a good base to start off of. I also often play with genetics to mix and match decent-looking sims into good bases.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This singer sim I made is loosely based on Mariah Carey and 90s fashion in general

pgqrI1Y.jpg

This is a pic of her for refrence:

0gT49n9.jpg

Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Depends. George Rivers looks quite close to myself; and I used him as the basis for my Simself with few changes; albeit attire changes quite regularly; as I find certain items in packs match what I wear in real life. Sometimes, I just decide to change the look of a Sim I don't like by randomizing features until something comes out I do like or in the case of female Sims not based off someone else; until it comes out as my Sim finding her "extremely attractive" (which, I think is a part of the attraction system of that mod we can't name). I do not use CAS CC; unless it is a part of a script mod and not standalone. Thus, a lot of downloaded Sims that used a ton of CC end up (and sometimes spawning when picked by MCCC as townies) bald and naked; and quite often, with facial features turning out badly as a result of custom skins and eyes not being used. Quite often, I have a lot of work to redo those--sometimes, just clothing and hair. A lot of my Sims are based on models used by various retailers and stuff I find on Getty Images using the "creative" option checked. For the most part, I don't know who any of the people are; unless it was mentioned by the photographer on their website; or tagged on Facebook/Instagram by the retailer (which rarely happens unless the retailer is quite small).

The last group of Sims I did was based on a group of young women who seemed to show up a lot in the Getty Images results for "cowgirl", and there were photos from probably a dozen or more photographers. I had chosen them, as there was a lot to work with; and they were individuals who knew their way around a horse. A photographer's website had mentioned one of the women's names, and Googling that, I found that the entire group was the 2017-2018 (and some were still on the team as of the 2019-2020 season) Utah Valley University Women's Rodeo Team. The reason there were so many photos was that from what I found, UVU held a fundraiser photoshoot in early 2018.

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,128 Member
    I have no talent for creating sims based on real people. Occasionally I will make sims who are meant to be characters from favourite TV shows and give them clothing that roughly matches what those characters would wear.

At the moment I'm playing modern day Westeros though so everyone is mostly wearing their house colours. For example, the Starks mostly wear grey and white. One of the daughters married Lord Bolton of the Dreadfort, so her husband son wear pink and red because those are the colours on their flag (in the books).

I also try, as much as possible, to give each sim clothing that suits their personality. My current household is a married couple from the Iron Islands so they are wearing things like ripped jeans and leather boots and they both have scars.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I actually don't know how to post pics but my current sim is inspired by Rydel Lynch.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I like playing families, so I always start with a married couple. Since I already have them in mind as future parents, I make them look and dress like the parents of me, my friends, and classmates I’ve had. They tend to wear outfits from the “family” packs such as Parenthood, Seasons, and Cats and Dogs. Often, when a sim born in-game grows up and becomes pregnant, I’ll give them a makeover to make them look more like a parent.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @LaBlue0314 Do you mean Calvin and Hobbes? (You said Caleb.)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited June 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @LaBlue0314 Do you mean Calvin and Hobbes? (You said Caleb.)

Yes, you're correct, I meant Calvin. I'm not quite sure what's been going on but my mind has been a bit wonky lately. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I went and edited my earlier comment for the correct name. :)
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I usually have an idea of what i want, so i randomize until i get a base sim that i like. After that i change their faces a bit before doing hair and clothes :)

Your sims are so handsome :love: are any of them on the gallery?
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I generally don't do anything in specific, but I guess looking at a lot of my sims outfits I take a lot of influence from tomb raider
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I don't use any inspiration. I just either hit the randomizer until I like the basic look or I download a sim.
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    When I make Sims from scratch, they tend to all look the same. So usually I'll grab two from the gallery, create their child in CAS and age them up or their children with townies. Their dress is usually according to randomized personality traits. Sometimes I'll try to make a Sim look like someone but it never quite looks right.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I randomize everything but the clothing. For that i choose based on the sim's traits.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My ideas come from inside my head, movie and TV stars, book characters, rock stars, politicians, comic book characters, characters I invented when I was a little girl, whatever the game randomly gives me in CAS, gallery downloads, and much more.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    The first Sim i played in TS4 was inspired by Nico Bellic from GTA 4, but like a younger and more optimistic version. ^^'
    The rest of any Sims i made just come straight from my imagination, depending on themes i'm interested in that time and moment.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited June 2020
    The first Sims I ever created where carryovers from TS3. Can you believe I tried to recreate their little pudding faces in TS4?

Edit: Now, I play with my Simself so it goes with saying but for everybody else I just hit the randomizer and then tweak it a bit.)