Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot edit apartment balcony in Evergreen Harbor

Comments

• Options
    arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    That’s disappointing. But, I appreciate that you took the time to give a clear explanation, thanks @SimGuruFrost
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the information @SimGuruFrost . After noticing this I went and looked at the City Living apartments and saw at least one where you could edit the balcony. Maybe due to the packs being different there's some technical issues in making it work but if you can edit balconies with those apartments why doesn't this work with the new ones?

He explained why it doesn't work. Basically, the exterior of the apartment buildings in EL are dynamic, they change depending on your neighborhood action plan. Altering the balcony made this not work correctly and they were unable to find a way to fix it that didn't result in more bugs.

The apartments in CL are not dynamic.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2020
    I can understand if the walls, windows and doors have to be locked because of the different shells for the building, but it would have been nice if they would allow us to place furniture like a table or a bbq so it could be actually usable. :(
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Question is if they intend to fix it for the future or just leave it as a failure?
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    That's disappointing and definitely not understandable. This is a feature that should have been addressed before release. Apartments were certainly a selling point in this pack for some, including myself. They were also showcased by game-changers actually using the balcony. This should have been a statement that was released before the game was released. Transparency after the fact is not transparency at all.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I can understand if the walls, windows and doors have to be locked because of the different shells for the building, but it would have been nice if they would allow us to place furniture like a table or a bbq so it could be actually usable. :(

Have you tried using portable furniture? You might be able to put things on the balcony using Place In World if the game can find enough room for them. I think all the bbq's are portable.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Thanks for the information @SimGuruFrost . After noticing this I went and looked at the City Living apartments and saw at least one where you could edit the balcony. Maybe due to the packs being different there's some technical issues in making it work but if you can edit balconies with those apartments why doesn't this work with the new ones?

They literally explained the answer to your question already....the apartments in CL don’t change like the ones in EL.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Deleted.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So Eli5(and please don’t be rude)
    Does this mean there’s not going to be a fix for it?i don’t have the pack yet but can sims who live there at least walk out there?
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Does this mean there’s not going to be a fix for it?i don’t have the pack yet but can sims who live there at least walk out there?

They can walk out there but there's not really any point to it. It was the first place I moved into for the record so it was a bit of a thorn in the side that it was "bugged" (working as intended?).

Until and If they fix it later, they should atleast lower the price of it I feel.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options

They can walk out there but there's not really any point to it. It was the first place I moved into for the record so it was a bit of a thorn in the side that it was "bugged" (working as intended?).

Until and If they fix it later, they should atleast lower the price of it I feel.

Understood, thanks
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    That's really disappointing. :/ So my sim has a balcony that he has to pay rent for, but it will remain bare since I can't place anything on it. Kind of breaks the immersion for me, since I would have liked to place items one usually sees on an apartment balcony.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Don't count on it :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    To be honest I think they should just make editing the world available to everyone. I’m able to do it because of a mod so why not in game? It doesn’t mess up anything, the fact that I can completely change a world to my liking is amazing! Now if only he could mod a way to add more lots... @TwistedMexican *hint hint*

• Options
    To be honest I think they should just make editing the world available to everyone. I’m able to do it because of a mod so why not in game? It doesn’t mess up anything, the fact that I can completely change a world to my liking is amazing! Now if only he could mod a way to add more lots... @TwistedMexican *hint hint*

I would not mind editing my Neighborhoods with tools given by EA/Maxis as they will not need updating as much as an MOD does and that for me is sad that Mods are able to do feats that the game can't do w/o them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I would not mind editing my Neighborhoods with tools given by EA/Maxis as they will not need updating as much as an MOD does and that for me is sad that Mods are able to do feats that the game can't do w/o them.

The TOOL mod didn’t actually have to be updated to my surprise. I really hope there will be more ways to manipulate the worlds soon. I wanna edit all of the worlds, but that’s a feat that’ll take me a while lol.

• Options

The TOOL mod didn’t actually have to be updated to my surprise. I really hope there will be more ways to manipulate the worlds soon. I wanna edit all of the worlds, but that’s a feat that’ll take me a while lol.

I hope so too as not having the tools in game takes away most of my joy as I do not use mods in my games.
  • Options

I hope so too as not having the tools in game takes away most of my joy as I do not use mods in my games.

I definitely suggest downloading the TOOL mod for the time being. The only downside is that you’ll need an empty lot to put all of the items you want to place in the outside areas and then go into live mode. But I made ‘realtor’ sims to test the homes I build so it’s not bad ☺️☺️

• Options

Don't count on it :)
    Such a shame. That’s a bummer
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Have you tried using portable furniture? You might be able to put things on the balcony using Place In World if the game can find enough room for them. I think all the bbq's are portable.

I was thinking about this too after I made this post. I plan to test this once I get the pack. And 1 tile bbq's are indeed portable, not sure about the bigger ones. But planter boxes unfortunately are not. Maybe this will finally make me use the TOOL mod.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited June 2020
    Honestly, I would rather static apartments with usable balconies over one that changes appearance. Can we just get a game pack with a world full of apartments? I would seriously pay for it.

Edit: or even better, bring back buildable apartments and let the community go wild.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    beatlokbeatlok Posts: 4 New Member
    Am I the only one that just does not care about the dynamic apartments? I'd much rather be able to use a balcony than to have the outside of a building change because of gentrification. I mean Why even leave the apartment if we can't use it? At least thanks for telling us 4 days after release.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Deleted.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @SimGuruFrost You guys need to figure it out, because not having a usable balcony is not acceptable IMO. I understand that you had to release the pack like this because of the bugs it caused, but honestly I expect more from a AAA game developer than just giving up. One of the biggest problems the game has it that you guys can't handle bugs.
    The fact that the balcony is unusable makes the apartment basically unplayable to me. It's a big bummer, and that's not even accounting for all the other feature breaking bugs in this pack. I don't even know what to say anymore. All of this is just sad.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Deleted.