Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Living is straight up unplayable

fd244470e80fe719f6bdc2023d262255.jpg

Every single person with Early Access pointed this out and it's still not fixed. I cannot build using these windows. :/

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What am I looking at?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    As far as I can see, the "frame" of the window is missing. It shows on the same windows for taller walls. They look fine on one side, but not the other. I'm sure they'll fix it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    That doesn't make the game unplayable.

+1

Why invent this thread?
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    What is this picture about ?
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    Lmao windows really don’t affect gameplay but mkay
  • Options
    GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    Hm, might wanna check out some gameplay before making that assumption.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    What's with the clickbait title.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Harrie used those windows in a build and not not say anything in her video. Now I have to go look at my game. What about at eye level?

They game is still playable.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean this is very sloppy on EA's side and it isn't the first issue with the new EP and patches. They really need to be more careful cause the new pack is awesome but their carelessness leaves a bad aftertaste and it's a shame.

However the game is faaaar from unplayable!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I get where you're coming from but the game isn't unplayable, rather playing in a build with these windows will drive you crazy to the point that all you will see is gravity defying glass. So unplayable if you force that on yourself lol
    Really is sloppy, and very frustrating if you want to use them in your build.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    someone is a little over dramatic.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    what is wrong with them?
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    One bad build item makes an entire $40 game unplayable... Right.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    what is wrong with them?

The mesh is missing some faces. Someone will probably make a default replacement if EA doesn't fix it.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Yes. It is unplayable with the current bugs which are already in discussion under bug report forum.

Gosh, I think EA should stop using Sim players as their game QC!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Come now, the game isn't unplayable. Bugs or not - far from it. Your personal criteria for what is worth playing despite bugs is a different matter entirely and highly subjective.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    If you can still load the game and be able to play it despite having bugs or not then the game is not unplayable.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Wow was actually nervous for a second
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    If you can still load the game and be able to play it despite having bugs or not then the game is not unplayable.

I agree

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Again, it's the same with every pack: someone complains about the bugs and many people say that it's not fair.

Please, let the people express themselves. If you don't have any problem with the game it's great, I'm glad, but please have in mind that some of us think that paying 40€ for a game which had this issue in the first version only available to bloggers and it is not been fixed in the final version is not right.

For me the game is almost unplayable because:
    - Some times my sim don't eat when commanded "get leftovers". He just take the dish and sits watching it.
    - The Eco footprint resets back to "neutral" in one day no matter what I do. Even when all lots in the world are "green"
    - Basil bush is shown as a seed, not a bush.
    - Some objects disappear sometimes in my lot.
    - Sometimes the growth state of plants changes randomly.
    - The balcony in the apartment is not part of the house and cannot be editted.
    - The eco footprint resets automatically when my sim leaves the neighbourhood/world.
    - Sometimes solar panels cannot be placed on roofs.
    - Sometimes sims cannot use the sell table in the market. You have to carry your own table in order to sell your produce.
    - There is a buzz noise that won't go away when the maker station breaks. The buzz won't go even after deleting the whole lot.

I could go on and on with bugs I found in my game. I removed my mods, I created a new fresh sims folder, deleted temporary files, repaired the game, restarted the game and the PC but this bugs are still there.

We paid 40€ for a game that IS unplayable for some of us, so please, let us complain.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Oh wow, bugs, never seen before.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited June 2020
    mcorral wrote: »
    Again, it's the same with every pack: someone complains about the bugs and many people say that it's not fair.

Please, let the people express themselves. If you don't have any problem with the game it's great, I'm glad, but please have in mind that some of us think that paying 40€ for a game which had this issue in the first version only available to bloggers and it is not been fixed in the final version is not right.

For me the game is almost unplayable because:
    - Some times my sim don't eat when commanded "get leftovers". He just take the dish and sits watching it.
    - The Eco footprint resets back to "neutral" in one day no matter what I do. Even when all lots in the world are "green"
    - Basil bush is shown as a seed, not a bush.
    - Some objects disappear sometimes in my lot.
    - Sometimes the growth state of plants changes randomly.
    - The balcony in the apartment is not part of the house and cannot be editted.
    - The eco footprint resets automatically when my sim leaves the neighbourhood/world.
    - Sometimes solar panels cannot be placed on roofs.
    - Sometimes sims cannot use the sell table in the market. You have to carry your own table in order to sell your produce.
    - There is a buzz noise that won't go away when the maker station breaks. The buzz won't go even after deleting the whole lot.

I could go on and on with bugs I found in my game. I removed my mods, I created a new fresh sims folder, deleted temporary files, repaired the game, restarted the game and the PC but this bugs are still there.

We paid 40€ for a game that IS unplayable for some of us, so please, let us complain.

Agreed, but that’s not what OP is arguing here. So it’s not “unplayable “ by that. Good day to you