Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    For what it's worth, it's not every save in everyone's games. For me, it's one save only, the rest of them work okay.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well, then its a very good thing I wasnt planning on updating right now.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    It hasn't broke any of my saves.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Mine is fine.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well I'm probably the only one that has only one save, so I hope it won't be broken.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Well I'm probably the only one that has only one save, so I hope it won't be broken.

I wiped everything in anticipation of EL. I am going to try a legacy this time around. I kept a few of my fave families but I wasn't attached to anything in any of my saves.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    My main saves are fine! Haven’t tried every single one since I don’t play them all frequently but the two I play most often are good.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

no ur not I just started a clean game 2 June
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    One save here and it is fine. Removed my UI Extensions cheat first. :'(
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I have 14 saves and they're all broke. :'( Guess I'm waiting for another patch since I've lost the heart to start again. Some of those save set ups took me 16+ hours.

No CC or mods either and never have so I'm not sure how this is deciding who to break saves for.

New game does work, and I did jump in check out the makeup. I'm hoping they fix this fast because I do have a couple of sims I'd like to put some of these on!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    My saves were fine. Only one the screen flickered for maybe 2 seconds then all was fine. My main one wasn't affected at all.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is so scary!! My saves are too precious. I'm way too terrified to update 😅😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Yeah, I really wish I'd checked twitter before I updated. :'(

It's not everyone though, so I don't know how you would know who is safe and who isn't? It seems to be affecting mac, console and PC, yet so many are unaffected? Depends how much you want the patch I guess if it's worth the risk and if you're ok with playing a new save in the meantime?

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not at home so I can't test - but do affected players perhaps share technical components like AMD/Nvidia processors/graphics cards?
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm not at home so I can't test - but do affected players perhaps share technical components like AMD/Nvidia processors/graphics cards?

I have a Nvidia GeForce 970
    IntelCore(R)(TM) i7-6700K CPU@ 4Ghz

As stated above my main save was fine & another one flickered for a second or two then was fine. completely Vanilla game
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »

As stated above my main save was fine & another one flickered for a second or two then was fine. completely Vanilla game

I have also never had crashing problems since I use Intel/Nvidia. With my former ATI (today AMD) card I could only start TS in window mode.

Edit: people on the other thread also report the bug with Intel/Nvidia.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    No issues for me here.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2020
    I backed everything up, so I should be fine.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »

Me too. It's not that at all. I've taken my saves out and put them back in and you press play and they crash. :/
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I have also never had crashing problems since I use Intel/Nvidia. With my former ATI (today AMD) card I could only start TS in window mode.

Edit: people on the other thread also report the bug with Intel/Nvidia.

They're also reporting on twitter with consoles and mac so it's unlikely to be the card? I do have intel and nvidia but also, why would a new save work fine (because it does) and I can't get into the old saves?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited June 2020
    Oh, your game crash even when you take out the entire mods folder? :open_mouth: There must be a file causing it, no, but I don't know if it is possible to add files anywhere else than in the mods?

Are you allowed to start a fresh save?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

Me too. It's not that at all. I've taken my saves out and put them back in and you press play and they crash. :/

Could that be because the saved games are not updated if you took them out?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    GTX NVidia 1060, updated driver, Intel i7, Windows 10 version 1909 updated. plenty of space
    Old save, no problems.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

Could that be because the saved games are not updated if you took them out?

I saved backups. Updated the game. Try to load my favourite save, crashes to desktop. I thought, this is why I backup! So I delete them, and add them back in. Same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. I've tried every which way from Sunday, repaired the game. Origin. Windows and graphics cards up to date? Nadda. Everything is fine on my end. I simply can't load ANYTHING I'd started before the patch. Anything I started today is just fine.

There's so many of us, I'm sure it will be fixed pretty quickly. There's a few game changers on twitter with the issue so I'm sure that will help speed them up. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top