Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Can't Mermaids Use Ladders?

Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Someone pls explain why mermaids aren't able to use ladders. They can use aqua zips and pool floats but not ladders that came with island living? I hope they patch that with Eco Life Style. I wouldn't make sense that they can climb a normal ladder but not the dock ones.
Post edited by Nekia33painter on

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Someone pls explain why mermaids aren't able to use ladders. They can use aqua zips and pool floats but not ladders that came with island living? I hope they patch that with Eco Life Style. I wouldn't make since that they can climb a normal ladder but not the dock ones.

I don't play with mermaids, but one thought I have is that they haven't fully changed their tails to legs to be able to use the dock ones? Just a thought.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    Someone pls explain why mermaids aren't able to use ladders. They can use aqua zips and pool floats but not ladders that came with island living? I hope they patch that with Eco Life Style. I wouldn't make since that they can climb a normal ladder but not the dock ones.

I am curious as well, come to think of it. I give them a dock ladder in hopes to make it easier for them to get into the water and they don't use it ever. I usually have the mermaids living as a pod together in Sulani as family. Making sure that they have plenty of ocean to swim in.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member

I don't play with mermaids, but one thought I have is that they haven't fully changed their tails to legs to be able to use the dock ones? Just a thought.
    That doesn't make sense because they change into their legs to get on the aqua zips and pool floats.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Why not just have the Mermaids drag their tails up the ladder?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I think it's because while they're in the water, they don't have legs, so they can't climb out. I guess they didn't want to make mermaids revert to their legs while in the water, and they didn't want to bother making a separate animation for climbing the ladder with the fin.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I guess that just shows the laziness, otherwise they would have put the effort into giving us an animation for mermaids going up the dock ladders. SOOO excited for the regular ladders though. Why EA/Maxis why can't we have an animation for mermaids? Is that so hard to ask for when you make a pack...put some more effort into the animations and don't just reuse old clothing and other objects to make something "new" because it's not new! Please fix this so mermaids can go up the dock ladders in Island Living?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so agree. I would love for my mermaids to be able to climb the ladder with their fish tails.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I guess that just shows the laziness, otherwise they would have put the effort into giving us an animation for mermaids going up the dock ladders. SOOO excited for the regular ladders though. Why EA/Maxis why can't we have an animation for mermaids? Is that so hard to ask for when you make a pack...put some more effort into the animations and don't just reuse old clothing and other objects to make something "new" because it's not new! Please fix this so mermaids can go up the dock ladders in Island Living?

The most irritating thing about this is.. they use pool ladders just fine. Swim up to it, change to legs, climb the pool ladder. It's so stupid that mermaids can't fully use the world they shipped with. It's so stupid that they spend their entire childhood using legs going up and down dock ladders, then suddenly are unable to. Did they have a head injury and forget how? It's clearly not a muscle thing, they built their leg muscles their entire childhood!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I noticed this too with my mermaid family and wondered if it's a bug. Has it always been like this? This and them hopping out of the water with their tails still on really annoys me xD