Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play Live 2020

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I wouldn’t expect anything big being announced at EA Play. People here are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Let’s examine what could be announced at EA Play:

Free content? Well they did promise that they have free content planned for the summer. However they do NOT announce free content outside of the fiscal quarter they release in, due to revenue recognition concerns. June is the last month of the quarter and it’s extremely unlikely that they have another major patch in June.

The new game pack? GP9 isn’t expected to be released until August/September. They simply do not announce game packs months ahead. The best we can hope for is that they may tell us the title of the pack, similar to Realm of Magic last year. Do not expect a trailer/full announcement as that’s not happening.

Nifty Knitting? Again, this is not expected to be released until July at the earliest. They’ve never done a full reveal of a stuff pack more than two weeks early. We already know pretty much everything about Nifty Knitting anyway and it’s a pretty pointless thing to announce to begin with.

The next EP after Eco Lifestyle? This is 100% not happening. They’ve never announced a Fall EP at EA Play/E3. The earliest they’ve announced a Fall EP is at Gamescom (August).

The Sims 5? This is nothing more than some people’s wishful thinking. SimGuruGrant literally told us merely weeks ago that TS4 is being developed for years to come. There is no legitimate chance of TS5 being announced this year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,199 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wouldn’t expect anything big being announced at EA Play. People here are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Free content? Well they did promise that they have free content planned for the summer. However they do NOT announce free content outside of the fiscal quarter they release in, due to revenue recognition concerns. June is the last month of the quarter and it’s extremely unlikely that they have another major patch in June.

The new game pack? GP9 isn’t expected to be released until August/September. They simply do not announce game packs months ahead. The best we can hope for is that they may tell us the title of the pack, similar to Realm of Magic last year. Do not expect a trailer/full announcement as that’s not happening.

Nifty Knitting? Again, this is not expected to be released until July at the earliest. They’ve never done a full reveal of a stuff pack more than two weeks early. We already know pretty much everything about Nifty Knitting anyway and it’s a pretty pointless thing to announce to begin with.

The next EP after Eco Lifestyle? This is 100% not happening. They’ve never announced a Fall EP at EA Play/E3. The earliest they’ve announced a Fall EP is at Gamescom (August).

The Sims 5? This is nothing more than some people’s wishful thinking. SimGuruGrant literally told us merely weeks ago that TS4 is being developed for years to come. There is no legitimate chance of TS5 being announced this year.

There no way sims 5 would be announced yet.Unless it's confirmation they are working on it. Either than that.I don't see an announcement for sims 5 releasing aleast two years from now.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the sims 5 could come out next year and the sims 4 could also still get packs. Why not add more packs to the sims 4 and sell the sims 5. They will make more money too. Especially if the rumors are true and it's a multiplayer online game that they know not everyone will buy. So they will continue with the sims 4 and also sell the sims 5. They already have two teams right now. They have people working on sims 4 packs while having another team making the sims 5 base game.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    EA said they have plans for the 5-6 next years. The Sims 5 will probably be released in 2027.

Nooooooo oh lord nooooooooooo....
    I'll be 38...no way I would want to wait for TS5 two years before I'm 40.

I doubt it will be that long and even if it was there's nothing that says you can't play video games when your 40
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I just got something to think about! On Monday (May 4th) Ea Play Live 2020 was announced for June 11th and The Sims tweeted - "See you there" . I immediately thought that the new EP would be announced there the same way as the last year but we all got surprised with the EP announcement this week. The dlc will release even before Ea Play - June 5th. So if we know what the next EP is and even the pack after it (TS4 Nifty Knitting), what do you think they will announce/show at Ea Play this year? Probably they will reveal the name of the next GP but only that ? What do u think ? Stay safe everyone :) !

My bet is on the announcement of GP 9 and they might even surprise us and reveal the Next Expansion Pack..

Oh I hope so fingers crossed
  • Options
    I m hoping they also announce cars are coming in a free update this year.

I doubt they'll say that but I would like that very much my guess is they won't announce it till they're sure it's going to come out within a few months at least
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I would like a lot more for Sims 4. I enjoy playing it, even the broken packs although I would hope they can still fix them. I have not been able to play Get Famous in a consistent manner yet. I want Sims 5 as soon as possible. Why can't we have both supported at the same time. I would gladly play both series simultaneously and continue to purchase packs for both of them.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    I saw this on Tech Radar about the PS5 Dated 3 days ago so probably more accurate than other rumours.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/ps5

https://www.techradar.com/news/ps5-games-reveal-event-confirmed-for-june-4
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    EA said they have plans for the 5-6 next years. The Sims 5 will probably be released in 2027.

Nooooooo oh lord nooooooooooo....
    I'll be 38...no way I would want to wait for TS5 two years before I'm 40.

I doubt it will be that long and even if it was there's nothing that says you can't play video games when your 40

Oh I am not saying I can't play video games, I just don't wanna be that old when it comes out is all and don't wanna think about being that old. xD
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member

I think it is actually possible for a second big patch during this month. Back in 2016 we had 2 patches and 2 packs- ALL in June so i wont count that out. Also, im pretty sure there will be something new/announced for TS4 because they literally tweeted it with the words "See you there" .
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,199 Member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the sims 5 could come out next year and the sims 4 could also still get packs. Why not add more packs to the sims 4 and sell the sims 5. They will make more money too. Especially if the rumors are true and it's a multiplayer online game that they know not everyone will buy. So they will continue with the sims 4 and also sell the sims 5. They already have two teams right now. They have people working on sims 4 packs while having another team making the sims 5 base game.

That's what I been thinking as well.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    The Playstation 5 event on June 5th has been cancelled because of the riots....
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    Posted this in another thread, but does anyone know how long EA Play will last? I know it's usually a couple of days, but with it being online not sure if it will go on as long.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Removed for double posting.
    Post edited by elelunicy on
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020

They don’t have two teams. What they have is one team capable of full production, and several small teams capable of pre-production (team members of those small teams are mainly limited to designers, producers, concept artists, etc., and they work on initial concepts and designs of a game).

For example TS4 started pre-production in early 2010, and did not enter full production until early 2013, when most of the team was done with Island Paradise, the last TS3 EP made in Redwood Shores (Into the Future was made by a different studio in Salt Lake City). For instance this tweet from SimGuruTrev in March 2013 is when he was done with Island Paradise and moved onto TS4.

zhSUOMb.png

From job postings we know that they hired a handful of devs to join what’s likely TS5’s pre-production team. What they didn’t do was mass hiring a full team capable of full production. They need over 100 developers at a bare minimum for TS5’s full production, and that’s not happening until most of the team is done with TS4.
    I think it is actually possible for a second big patch during this month. Back in 2016 we had 2 patches and 2 packs- ALL in June so i wont count that out

They only released Dine Out and Kids Room in the same month because Dine Out was delayed.
    Also, im pretty sure there will be something new/announced for TS4 because they literally tweeted it with the words "See you there" .

It doesn’t mean much as they didn’t specify they’re going to have Sims news (last year they specifically told us we were going to hear Sims news at EA Play).

In 2018, they tweeted about the EA Play conference, even though The Sims was completely absent from the conference.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020

They don’t have two teams. What they have is one team capable of full production, and several small teams capable of pre-production (team members of those small teams are mainly limited to designers, producers, concept artists, etc., and they work on initial concepts and designs of a game).

For example TS4 started pre-production in early 2010, and did not enter full production until early 2013, when most of the team was done with Island Paradise, the last TS3 EP made in Redwood Shores (Into the Future was made by a different studio in Salt Lake City). This tweet from SimGuruTrev in March 2010 is when he was done with Island Living and moved onto TS4.

zhSUOMb.png

From job postings we know that they hired a handful of devs to join what’s likely TS5’s pre-production team. What they didn’t do was mass hiring a full team capable of full production. They need over 100 developers at a bare minimum for TS5’s full production, and that’s not happening until most of the team is done with TS4.
    I think it is actually possible for a second big patch during this month. Back in 2016 we had 2 patches and 2 packs- ALL in June so i wont count that out

They only released Dine Out and Kids Room in the same month because Dine Out was delayed.
    Also, im pretty sure there will be something new/announced for TS4 because they literally tweeted it with the words "See you there" .

It doesn’t mean much as they didn’t specify they’re going to have Sims news (last year they specifically told us we were going to hear Sims news at EA Play).

In 2018, they tweeted about the EA Play conference, even though The Sims was completely absent from the conference.

Well, they announced Eco Lifestyle before EA Play and the pack is releasing even before it. Why not announcing it on EA PLay and releasin it shortly after that (like Island Living) if u have nothing else for EA Play ? Also, for this EA Play one of the gurus also said something like "See you there/Will see you there ;) " so we will definitely hear something for TS4 "there" (even if its only the theme for the upcoming game pack). But as u said, i also think TS5 or the next ep announcement is kinda off the table cause....(hyping for a new "EP" 4 days after the release of the latest one...naah)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020

For example TS4 started pre-production in early 2010, and did not enter full production until early 2013, when most of the team was done with Island Paradise, the last TS3 EP made in Redwood Shores (Into the Future was made by a different studio in Salt Lake City). This tweet from SimGuruTrev in March 2010 is when he was done with Island Living and moved onto TS4.

zhSUOMb.png

Well, they announced Eco Lifestyle before EA Play and the pack is releasing even before it. Why not announcing it on EA PLay and releasin it shortly after that (like Island Living) if u have nothing else for EA Play ? Also, for this EA Play one of the gurus also said something like "See you there/Will see you there ;) " so we will definitely hear something for TS4 "there" (even if its only the theme for the upcoming game pack). But as u said, i also think TS5 or the next ep announcement is kinda off the table cause....(hyping for a new "EP" 4 days after the release of the latest one...naah)

I also think we'll hear something, but EA Play isn't just TS. They can very well have plenty to show without TS :)

I don't, however, think we'll be seeing anything about TS5 yet. What the GP is and MAYBE an EP title for the fall, maybe, but TS5 .. idk. I highly doubt it, but can always be wrong.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

zhSUOMb.png

I also think we'll hear something, but EA Play isn't just TS. They can very well have plenty to show without TS :)

I don't, however, think we'll be seeing anything about TS5 yet. What the GP is and MAYBE an EP title for the fall, maybe, but TS5 .. idk. I highly doubt it, but can always be wrong.

Ohh, thats for sure! TS is not a top priority so i wont be surprised of its in the last minutes of the show or if its even not in the show :/ .
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,722 Member
    The Playstation 5 event on June 5th has been cancelled because of the riots....

Postponed, for understandable reasons. There will be time for games later.
  • Options

Which Guru said “See you there”? As far as I can tell, none of the gurus have been hyping up EA Play, very much unlike last year.

In 2018, Seasons was released like 2 weeks after EA Play, and yet they still chose to announce Seasons before EA Play. There was zero mentions of The Sims during EA Play’s press conference.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    We were told the theme for RoM last year at EAPlay, so I'm guessing we'll get the repeat of that this year and get the theme of the upcoming GP. Probably also an expected release timeframe that's more specific than "before the end of September".

I think we might get some clips or more info about Nifty Knitting too along with a predicted release month.

What might also happen: possibly another Pride item patch (or a different CAS/BB content patch) and talk about the changes/additions to the game that the roadmap post talked about.

But yeah, as others said, EAPlay isn't only Sims and since EL is releasing this week, I wouldn't bet on TS4 having a major presence there this time.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Which Guru said “See you there”? As far as I can tell, none of the gurus have been hyping up EA Play, very much unlike last year.

In 2018, Seasons was released like 2 weeks after EA Play, and yet they still chose to announce Seasons before EA Play. There was zero mentions of The Sims during EA Play’s press conference.

One of the gurus did on the day of the announcement of EA Play Digital but im having a hard time finding it. In 2018 Seasons was on EA Play ! The gurus were there answering questions and all of the game changers were there too. Also, there was a section to play Seasons for a limited time. I still remember Grant polls in twitter for a farming pack (he said many people hit them with a farming pack idea at ea play 2018 so he wanted to know more of what we want). If The sims is gonna be at Ea Play with somethin big i think they will say it more loud in the beginning of the next week or 1-2 days before EA Play just not to put the excitement of playing the new EP under a shadow. In 2017 when they announced C&D at Gamescom they literally mentioned it 1 day before the event without a word before that.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We wanted another Expansion Pack for this Year Please. It could be Generations.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Im hoping they announce at least the title for the game pack or announce cars coming soon.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    Im hoping they announce at least the title for the game pack or announce cars coming soon.

Go for Cars!