Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Party with 21 People (I'm at it again)

Some of you might remember my post Do You Go Overboard Preparing for Certain Events where I talked some of the things I did for the wedding of my main sims. Now I'm in the middle of doing a large New Year's Eve party. I'm going to tell you how I'm going about it in case anyone else wants to try it, and then you can tell me about the big projects you're working on so we can learn from each other.

04a967aa846a8c508a27092b24d54822b3f9950c.png

- made the guest list in Word (21 people)
- dressed everyone and put screenshots of them in Word so I wouldn't forget and have people wearing the same thing
- used MCCC to get everyone in the same household
- did a "save as" so I wouldn't ruin my game (you can't go into CAS once you have more than 8 sims because it will permanently delete all but 8, so just in case I forgot and did something stupid)
- changed the commercial venue to residential so I didn't have to deal with stupid NPCs showing up
- put my sims in the room I wanted them, then built walls in the hallway so they only had access to that room and to the bathroom at the end of the hall; the room has a bar in it, so they have access to food
- used MCCC to change the weather to snowy so it would look snowy outside the windows
- used MCCC to instantly fill everyone's motives
- this was already at a social club venue, but used a cheat to put more than 8 to a club so they'd do the activities I wanted, then started a club meeting
- was annoyed that the couples weren't acting like couples, so I made "love clubs" of 2 for each of the couples with desired activities and made the current location to their club hangout; even though they weren't actively in a club meeting they still then did more autonomous lovey interactions

To see screenshots of the party so far, go to Queen Of Myshuno's Tumblr (hit the "next" button at the bottom of the screen to view the next scene) or look for Vintage Newcrest on the Stories and Legacies board on this forum.

Tell me about a big party, event, or project that you're currently working or have worked on in the past and the things you did to make it work.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    This is awesome!
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Nice! I’ve had tons of people over at once by starting several club gatherings at the same time.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    @Amandèle Thank you :)

@Rouenpucelle Sometimes that works for me, and sometimes the game will end one club meeting when I try to start another. I'm not sure why it does that. I would love to see a screenshot of one of your big parties.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Wow. How do you handle drinks and food? I had to redo my recent wedding three times - first time I forget to bring the cake, second time the NPCs I hired didn’t show. Third time they showed up but not until late and they didn’t stick around long. I finally gave up and pronounced my sims married.
  • Options
    @A_Mom The moms both made gourmet meals ahead of time and placed them out. I also put out the tray drinks and refilled as needed. One of the moms made a cake, too. I put the food somewhere inaccessible until the ceremony was over and it was time to eat.

One way to get people to stay in the room is just to build walls outside of the door so that they're literally trapped. I've kept my sims at a party for days, LOL.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    My parties are on a much smaller scale, but I, too, found that gathering everyone in the same household is a big help. I'll need to remember letting all the participants prepare food before merging households in the future, that's a good idea!

I used to play with households larger than 8 sims in Sims 2, but wasn't brave enough to try in Sims 4. Free will is off, but all the sims choosing their own conversation topics and changing seats all the time sounds intimidating. So for me the problem is less to get sims to do what I want, but to stop them from doing what I don't want them to do.

Can you post a screenshot of the UI with all those sims?
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    That' neat. I love to have big parties so this is amazing
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    @A_Mom The moms both made gourmet meals ahead of time and placed them out. I also put out the tray drinks and refilled as needed. One of the moms made a cake, too. I put the food somewhere inaccessible until the ceremony was over and it was time to eat.

One way to get people to stay in the room is just to build walls outside of the door so that they're literally trapped. I've kept my sims at a party for days, LOL.

Thanks, those are some good tips. Maybe I’ll just have to go back and do my wedding a fourth time. 😄
  • Options
    ...all the sims choosing their own conversation topics and changing seats all the time sounds intimidating...Can you post a screenshot of the UI with all those sims?

@EnkiSchmidt For the most part, I just stick to controlling the few sims I want for a certain scene and let the others do what they want unless they interfere with what I'm doing, so it's not so bad having them all in there at once. You can get a mod that will stop sims from changing seats as much; I've been meaning to download it, but I don't have it yet. I'll snap a pic of the UI for you the next time I'm in that screen.
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    That' neat. I love to have big parties so this is amazing

@hunniboo1 Thank you! :)
    A_Mom wrote: »
    Thanks, those are some good tips. Maybe I’ll just have to go back and do my wedding a fourth time. 😄

@A_Mom Oh no, don't do that! LOL. Maybe save what you learned for their childrens' weddings? (Or go ahead and do it again if it makes you happy.)
  • Options
    Here's a screenshot with the UI from my 8+ household per the request of @EnkiSchmidt.

5b599d4a9079429ea45c8d20b87f4c50b943efa1.png