Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we get the game updated to not have us load into lots in the same neighborhood?

Would this ever be possible with either mods or an actual update to the game? It's so weird that we need to load into lots even though we are in the same neighborhood as them.. The lots also look like they are already completely loaded so why do we still need to go through a load screen?

Comments

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    You mean so each block is open, a semi open world? I'd love that.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    We can dream.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    You mean so each block is open, a semi open world? I'd love that.

Yes! I feel like we're like almost in semi open world territory. Everything else loads other than actual lots, would make it easier visiting neighbors, or going to the diner across the street.
  • Options
    xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    I just noticed this week that the lots seemed to be completely loaded, that was so odd to me too! The sim I was playing was going home from a night out, but she was about to pass out and pee herself and I noticed she was walking past her sister's house (my other family) and she actually passed out right in front of it lmao. So then I took a closer peek and I could just see the actual furniture standing in the house and everything? So it does seem like it's already loaded.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    I just noticed this week that the lots seemed to be completely loaded, that was so odd to me too! The sim I was playing was going home from a night out, but she was about to pass out and pee herself and I noticed she was walking past her sister's house (my other family) and she actually passed out right in front of it lmao. So then I took a closer peek and I could just see the actual furniture standing in the house and everything? So it does seem like it's already loaded.

That's exactly what I did and what made me make this post haha. I literally just went into TAB mode and moved the camera inside and it all looked normal to me..
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I've noticed that too and I could even see the sims inside. Weird! I would love open lots though. Open world might be a bit much for me personally, but it'd be nice if a loading screen wasn't necessary to visit my direct neighbour.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The problem is simulating a lot more sims. Loading the items is easy to do but if you have 3 households in a hood each with 5 sims then you will need to simulate 15 sims plus the random sims walking around. Now imagine one of the lot of a restaurant with 15 customers ...

I guess that’s the reason sims 3 performance is a mess.

In conclusion they will not “patch” this.