Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenges ideas

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I might also attempt the Fruit Cake Legacy. I think it's a fun idea. Especially because you can't pick who you are getting with.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I am doing the Bachelorette challenge at the moment... or rather i am still setting it up... but yeah... i do think i might do the disney princess one as well
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I've been playing the challenge idea I suggested, and I've got my first toddler. I play rotational (Changing households yearly), and I'm currently starting a new household at the start of each year before rotating. Currently, my household has their first toddler, Gil Marena. He's been one of the easiest toddlers I've had in game. He even eats his entire meals in the high chair. For once, the high chair has never been a problem and he only made one mess. I don't play with auto age up, and I'm tempted to never let this end because of how well its going. Andria and Fin have it much easier than my other attempts at raising a toddler. I would share pictures if I could. Oh, I painted from reference the storytime Gil had with Andria and it came out as a masterpiece. Gil is such a good toddler and he doesn't even have the angelic trait. He's the playful type.

I've had the temptation of adapting my challenge idea into a 100 baby challenge for a future household. I haven't decided.

For my current challenge, I'm still on stage 1, but that might have more to do with how well things are going with Gil. I'll be taking my time. Lol
  • Options
    The Highlander Challenge looks interesting, but I might check out the Super Sim Challenge. I'm trying to do one world with 8 different household completing 8 challenges before doing my own legacy.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention this. While I do not play with Auto Age up, I'm trying to finish the challenges before the next year starts. When I rotate to a new household, I'm trying to have the challenges finished. That's how I make it more challenging.
  • Options
    Here's the update I made so it's possible to complete the Big Happy Family Aspiration. It's just a change to stage one.

Getting Started:
    Sims can be occult or whatever you want
    Create young adult parent(s)
    If creating one sim, find a partner at a public venue
    Cheat (30,000) and use all of it to build a starter home
    Cheat in (1000) this is not in addition to what’s left over from building the house.
    Build your dream house while you max out character values for your children.
    (Max out character values to set an example for your kids)

Stage 1 Rules:
    (If Vampires, only the youngest young adults can be controlled with stated exceptions)
    The Grandparents
    • They can’t get a job (They have no Education).
    • Must have at least three children (Adopted or Try for baby).
    • If manual age up (Age up to adults)
    • As Adults, they can’t be controlled to make money via skills.
    • They can do things autonomously.
    • Complete Successful Lineage Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration tasks)
    • Complete the Super Parent Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration tasks)
    The Parents
    • Max out all 5 of the character values (Positive or Negative) before aging up to young adult
    • Get As in school before aging up
    • If manual age up (Age up to young adult)
    • As teens or children, they can’t be controlled.
    • As young adults, they can be controlled to make money via skills.
    • All but two of the children from the Grandparents must move out. (What they do when they move out is up to the player.)

Stage 2 Rules:
    (If Vampires, only the youngest young adults can be controlled with stated exceptions)
    The Grandparents
    • If manual age up (Age up to Elderly)
    • As elderly, they can’t be controlled to make money via skills.
    The Parents
    • They can get a part time job (No college education)
    • They can find a partner.
    • They can adopt or have children.
    • If manual age up (Age up to adults)
    • Complete Successful Lineage Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration tasks)
    • Complete the Super Parent Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration tasks)
    The Grandchildren
    • Max out all 5 of the character values (Positive or Negative) before aging up to young adult
    • Get As in school before aging up
    • If manual age up (Age up to young adult)
    • As teens or children, they can’t be controlled.
    • As young adults, they need to attend college

Stage 3:
    (If Vampires, only the grandchildren can be controlled with stated exceptions)
    The Grandparents
    • As elderly, they can’t be controlled to make money via skills.
    • Complete Big Happy Family Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration Tasks)
    • If Vampire, Complete the Vampire Family Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration Tasks)
    The Parents
    • They can get a part time job (No college education)
    The Grandchildren
    • As young adults, they need to finish their degree.
    • As young adults, they can pick any job that fits their degree.
    • Complete the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration Tasks)
    • Complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration Tasks)
    • Complete any other aspiration (Can be controlled for Aspiration Tasks)

End Goal:
    Have a Full House
    A full house must include in the same household:
    • Grandparent(s) (Elderly)
    • At least one parent (Adult)
    • At least one child at any age (up to young adult)
    • At least one Aunt and/or Uncle (Adult)
    • At least one cousin of any age (up to young adult)
    • Complete Successful Lineage Aspiration
    • Complete the Super Parent Aspiration
    • Complete Big Happy Family Aspiration
    • Complete the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration
    • Complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration
    • Complete any other aspiration

General Rules:
    Manual Age up or Auto Age up
    The lot must be smaller than 50x50
    You can’t control teens, children, toddlers, adults, or elderly with certain exceptions.
    Occults are allowed
    Having Kids:
    There is no restriction
    Partners:
    There is no restriction
    Having Pets:
    Only if there is space. Hint: Hamsters and Fish don’t take up household spots.
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    I might also attempt the Fruit Cake Legacy. I think it's a fun idea. Especially because you can't pick who you are getting with.

Sounds intriguing. Do you know where I can find the rules? I tried Googling it, but I haven't found anything yet.
  • Options
    Mgg_91Mgg_91 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am the same but I’ve stopped Playing in Sims for a while and trying to get back to it but I have lost some of the interest. And I’m trying to gain it back. There are some good ideas here but I think what I’m missing is the community aspect. It would be cool if Solis had a chat feature word gamers could speak to each other
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

Sounds intriguing. Do you know where I can find the rules? I tried Googling it, but I haven't found anything yet.

The rules are in Sindocat's post :D Make a new sim, move it in somewhere, wait for the welcome wagon. Your sim marries the one carrying the fruitcake. Same thing for every generation, so Sim 1's first child will move out to a 'hood of your choice and marry THEIR fruitcake. (currently my gen 2 is a toddler, so quite a way to go yet)

I did a random number generator to pick which 'hood to move into. I number the neighbourhoods in the same order they were released, and let the generator pick one. I also number the individual 'hoods and let the generator choose that too.