Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A very good reason, NOT to allow your children to swim unsupervised (photo)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2020
    marcel21 wrote: »
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    Do the sharks do anything?

nothing just swim by. the sims 3 did a better job with both sharks and mermaids

I really disagree that sims 3 did mermaids better.

The only thing that mermaids can do in sims 3 that they can't do in sims 4 is dive underwater without a rabbit hole, which isn't even an issue with mermaids, it's an issue with the diving system.

Mermaids in sims 3 were glorified bathing suits that died if they stood in the sun for too long. They could eat fish raw, but that's about it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

The only thing that mermaids can do in sims 3 that they can't do in sims 4 is dive underwater without a rabbit hole, which isn't even an issue with mermaids, it's an issue with the diving system.

Mermaids in sims 3 were glorified bathing suits that died if they stood in the sun for too long. They could eat fish raw, but that's about it.

Same here, Sims 3 did do one thing right that Sims 4 completely missed the boat on and that was the underwater lots.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Same here, Sims 3 did do one thing right that Sims 4 completely missed the boat on and that was the underwater lots.

Yeah exactly, But that was just a case of island living being half-baked, didn't really have anything to do with mermaids, But the fact that we can't dive underwater with our Sims is depressing.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I love sharks. Kids in Hawaii swim near them all the time. :) I grew up at the beach so yeah there is always that risk of sharks.

I love sharks too, they're my favorite animal. That doesn't mean I wouldn't angry poop my pants it I was swimming with one though.

I also love sharks. They are beautiful creatures
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well then. Back on the university shark report.
    I have discovered that like Sulani, Britechester also has "neighborhood ocean danger levels". They go for Sulani and Britechester like so:

Ohan'ali Town - Gibbs hill: Safe (no sharks and ocean threats)
    Lani St. Taz - University of Britechester: Safeish (sharks can be encountered, but no ocean threats)
    Mua Pel'am - Foxbury Institute: Dangerous (sharks can be encountered and sims swimming too long can be pulled underwater)

Did Foxbury Institute accidentally release sea monsters that pull swimming sims underwater? That's a fun thing to speculate.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    So not a bug. Cool.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    So not a bug. Cool.

Still unsure actually.
    I'll have to take out Island Living expansion pack and see if sharks still appear in Britechester... Someday.