Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The flop that is called The Sims 4

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    > @APotts said:
    > For example; I fondly recall the time my Sims 3 romantic superstar got caught cheating on the husband that he was crazy about. It happened when I was playing a different family, and when I switched back it was too late to avoid the divorce. I had to work for many Sim weeks to get the couple to reconcile, AS IT SHOULD BE! I could never make this type of memory in Sims 4, because Sims 4 has no consequence for cheating... for a game built off a emotions system that is sort of pitiful.

The Sims 2 was mostly like that too lol apart from the Sims hating each other and then fighting whenever they saw each other then sim kids being sad about their parents splitting up but you could just make them happy again it was all forgiven and forgotten and they could see their parent that moved out, the sims still hate each other in The Sims 4. Some people want Story Progression too but i'd just turn it off i want to be able to keep my sims where i left off like a lot of other people and it was very easy to make relationships and for Sims to fall in love with any sexuality in TS2 as well. I feel all the extras in TS2 distracted people too much from noticing all this in the game and it did for me a bit too much too which is one of the reasons i don't want the extras now plus making money too easily definitely a problem but i feel like they give you too much on purpose so you'll just play, rinse and repeat without playing the game properly and having those Crafting Benches there especially it's like JUST because it's there you'll use it, get too carried away and before you know it you're rich even when you don't want all your Sims to be rich LOL.

I like the Careers in TS4 because they made it more challenging and the levels evens out how much pay you want the Sims to get and with the long time awaiting Bill Tracking we can see how much they earn VS how much they're paying so you can better see how much the house costs in total so you can keep them at a certain Career Level at the right level of pay, the mostly costly thing about any build is Lights but since the Lights cover a much bigger radius of a room now and you can make them bigger or smaller you can save on money by reducing how many Lights you put around the house :) Lights always cost more in the older games too and i bet Off-Grid builds are super cheap to own. It's all in how you tailor your sims to the lifestyle you want them to have it's up to you do what you want with it.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    TS2 apartments still the best to date but nowadays it seems that Maxis don't understand that apartments don't necessarily mean skyscrapers...

Well... this aged like milk. It's nice they are including new apartments. Since we can't build them in any world it seems ok to do it!

• Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2020
    APotts wrote: »
    I agree with everything the OP says regarding Sims 4. An excellent and well thought out post. Bravo!

I have the same problem, I think about playing Sims 4 whenever I have time for gaming, but more often then not I change my mind and play something else instead. When I get a new pack, I will try to start up the game, but often get bored quickly. However, I did stick with the game for a couple of weeks back when the Uni pack came out, which was something.

It isn't that Sims 4 isn't a fun game, there is certainly fun to be had, but unfortunately the amount of money I have spent on Sims 4 vs the amount of fun I have had with the game makes it a poor investment. This is especially the case when I compare it to Sims 3. When I purchased a new EP for Sims 3 I knew it would expand my game a lot. The amount of fun I had with Showtime, Generations, Sims 3 Seasons and Supernatural was more than worth every penny I spent on those packs, and even though they were buggy at times I also really enjoyed Into the Future, Sims 3 University, World Adventures, and Island Paradise.
    Not to mention a couple of the Sims 3 store worlds Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow were simply amazing in my opinion. Oh, and I don't recall a problem with my nightclubs in Sims 3, they always got decent crowds. So I am lucky I guess.

Of course, I know that I tend to have rose colored glasses when it come to Sims 3, and I have not forgotten, or forgiven, the huge list of still unpatched bugs which have given Sims 3 such a bad name, but really is the steadily increasing list of bugs in Sims 4 any better?

Even though I haven't touched Sims 3 in a while, I still adore Sims 3, I made so many memories with that game. Things that I still think about and laugh about today, so many times while playing Sims 3 (and also Sims 2) things would happen that I didn't expect and it would just blow my mind, and it saddens me to say that with Sims 4 I just don't get that same connection.

For example; I fondly recall the time my Sims 3 romantic superstar got caught cheating on the husband that he was crazy about. It happened when I was playing a different family, and when I switched back it was too late to avoid the divorce. I had to work for many Sim weeks to get the couple to reconcile, AS IT SHOULD BE! I could never make this type of memory in Sims 4, because Sims 4 has no consequence for cheating... for a game built off a emotions system that is sort of pitiful.

Hahahah lmao I still remember all the times I typed in the resetsim cheat just because someone caught me cheating, it was amazing.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    TS2 apartments still the best to date but nowadays it seems that Maxis don't understand that apartments don't necessarily mean skyscrapers...

Well... this aged like milk. It's nice they are including new apartments. Since we can't build them in any world it seems ok to do it!

Yeah tbh the eco living expansion actually looks decent in comparison to the other ones we had. I'm still not gonna buy it cause I know I'll get sick of the gameplay in less then a day but I like that they added some new apartments
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks OP for your insightful post! I agreed with a lot of your points

In terms of my own opinion, I will say now that I can't compare The Sims 4 with The Sims 3 because I rarely played it. I kind of regret that now, but my laptop at the time just couldn't handle it. I don't think it would be fair of me to do so when I don't have a fully rounded experience to fall back on.
    I also can't comment on the Sim Gurus as I don't have Twitter and haven't read any exchanges between them and us.

I will say that I love The Sims 4 and still appreciate it despite it's flaws. But I do have to use a combination of my own imagination, CC and mods in order to keep me invested. I'm right in the middle of my "addiction" phase, but I can't help but wonder once life goes back to normal will I play it as much?

I have all EPs for 4 apart from Get Famous and Island Living and I have to say they were fun for a day or two and then I was back to finding the game bland & boring (I've yet to play Eco Lifestyle properly so who knows how long that will keep my attention!) I just wish the emotions were more substantial, the Sims had more intelligent AI and we had more traits. For some reason the earlier life stages (baby to child) are forgotten about a lot which can affect family gameplay. It would be great if the world was more dynamic and ever-changing, and we didn't have to go through a loading screen to visit next door's lot!
    However I do like the graphics, CAS, build/buy mode and the general gameplay...

I definitely think the EPs, stuff and game packs are overpriced for what you get. I watched a YouTuber review My First Pet Stuff and I thought it was ridiculous that 1) it didn't come with Cats & Dogs and 2) a lot of the objects were simple recolours.

I just wish EA put time, care and actual heart in to the games they put out - but maybe that's asking too much of a huge gaming company.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top