May 29 - It's Friday. What does that mean on The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!

The flop that is called The Sims 4

«13
simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
I've not played the sims 4 for almost 2 years now after I basically just got bored of it. I tried many times to give it one more shot but I just really didn't feel like it anymore since I found it uninteresting. Due to quarantine I have revisited it and I made some houses and played for about 2 days.

I will start this thread with some positivity by saying that I do really like build mode. It's honestly the best feature of the game and I have become quit good at it after lots of practicing whereas in the sims 3 I never even knew how to begin building. (bare in mind that I was a lot younger) Besides building cas and its graphics are also really interesting and I find it just generally fun to play around with it and create backstories while making random sims. This I missed in the sims 3 cause it just simply took me ages to make a sim and it felt more like a task than an 'entertainment'.

The sims 4 its gameplay however is a whole other story. I know this has been said many times especially since the fiasco that is called eco living was announced, but the sims 4 just lacks every single piece of depth. There's nothing interesting to do and the relationships sims have don't affect their lives that much. My sims feel more like puppets that I have to completely control than interesting characters like in the sims 3. I have to completely rely on my imagination to make my sims's lives interesting which usually ends with my sims cheating on their spouses and beginning new relationships every single time I open the game. I find this really sad cause the sims 3 had such a special place in my heart and it was really a place where I could escape for me and do all the crazy things I couldn't do in real life. I really felt connected to my sims and usually played at least 2 generations. In the sims 4 however I can honestly say that although I have played with the new generation of my sims, I've never played long enough for my first generation to pass away.

The emotion system adds nothing to the gameplay and depth besides some random cartoony interactions that I just simply do not care about.
The townies are also really really really f'ing disappointing. I loved the sims 3 townies so much and I knew almost all of their names and their backstories and spends hours on just reading them on the sims wiki site. They had so much depth and were just so iconic. Whereas the townies in the sims 4 don't have any depth. They have a written backstory that usually doesn't even reflect on their relationships and they are so poorly done. I just simply cannot understand how they can release towns with sims that have no special relationships and are no different than they were in cas. (before playing them: no skills, relationships,...)

The graphics of the worlds are beautiful but many of them are way too small for them to be fun to play in like Magnolia Promenade and DSV. I get that because all of the worlds are in every save file that the game has to keep being runnable but then again I don't find it fair for players that really wanted for ex (like me) a Hollywood themed world and that have to pay 40 (may I repeat 40!!!) bucks on a world with about 5 residential lots. If Windenburg costs the same price as the other ones, the other ones should be of the same quality. In the sims 3 I didn't like that when you moved worlds you lost all of your contacts and that you couldn't visit your old neighbourhood but then again I much preferred this system cause it gave us way more freedom. Not only did we have an open worlds (which was great) but we also got new townies with every expansion pack that we got which made the game way more interesting for me aswel. It honestly feels like you need to edit the worlds in the sims 4 completely before you can play in them since there aren't many townies and cause the townies that are there are the same boring ones that we have in every save file. If I would have to choose however I still prefer the sims 3 system with the one world. (but an interesting QUALITY one)

Regarding to these complaints I've also seen some people defend the simgurus and producers and that they're very nice people and that the sims community is really toxic for them since we only get mad and always complain without being constructive. To that I want to respond that this isn't a hate message to the producers cause I can't point my fingers at whose fault this is and I don't really care. I just care about this game being worth the money and for it to be giving us the same (if not better cause cmon it's supposed to be a newer updated version) quality as the previous games cause how it is right now isn't working. I also don't care about the simgurus being nice or whatever, I mean I wish them all the best but their personalities and they like-ability isn't why they were hired, they are hired to make the sims 4 a good game and that's the only thing we should care about. And I also really hate how they are taking the negative backlash. They are handling it as if they are stubborn 10 year olds. They're completely ignoring and not responding to most of the complaints and if they are responding to it, it's in a making-fun kinda way. They make it look like the angry sims players are some evil monsters that are out to get them and they're taking it way to personally. This isn't about you. This is about the game and with all of the dislikes on the newest trailer you could OBJECTIVELY tell that it isn't the way it should be.

I would also like to include that the sims 4 expansion packs are way to expensive for what is in them. Back in the day the sims 3 ones were about 30 bucks I think while they hade SOOOO many content in them. Get this for example: Late night had a giant open city-like world that included apartments and a hills section for the rich. There was a celebrity system (that was way better that the one from the sims 4, don't @ me), a new film career with 2 options, the directing one and the movie star one. (so basically 2 careers) Next to this they also brought in vampires (which was a bit random but okay), night life (clubs,... altho they were empty most of the times) and last but not least sooo many townies that were just so iconic and had so many depth and a real story. Take Lola Belle for instance: she's SUCH an icon and has such a fun backstory. And even Matthew Hamming had a fun backstory which made people even question his sexuality. Can you imagine this in the sims 4? Imagine even questioning the sexuality of a sims 4 character. No. You can't. They're literally puppets.
In the sims 4 we had city living that brought in the apartments (that aren't even better than in late night cause we can't edit the building or add in new apartments) and some irrelevant careers that nobody cared about. We also had get famous that added a whack celebrity system and an acting career (not even directing) that I have never played cause it simply does not work cause I can't go to the gigs. +We had Vampires that added.. well.. vampires. And honestly even though I don't really care about them I don't hate this pack cause it was nicely done and only a gamepack. (night life was added in get together so here's another feature that was divided in another pack)


I needed to get this of my chest. To finish this long thread I would like to say that even though this might sound really bitter, I am not. I simply lost hope gameplay-wise and I'm not even angry about it anymore, just disappointed and I've lost hope. See ya

Comments

  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 3,709 Member
    simgame wrote: »
    I've not played the sims 4 for almost 2 years now after I basically just got bored of it. I tried many times to give it one more shot but I just really didn't feel like it anymore since I found it uninteresting. Due to quarantine I have revisited it and I made some houses and played for about 2 days.

    I will start this thread with some positivity by saying that I do really like build mode. It's honestly the best feature of the game and I have become quit good at it after lots of practicing whereas in the sims 3 I never even knew how to begin building. (bare in mind that I was a lot younger) Besides building cas and its graphics are also really interesting and I find it just generally fun to play around with it and create backstories while making random sims. This I missed in the sims 3 cause it just simply took me ages to make a sim and it felt more like a task than an 'entertainment'.

    The sims 4 its gameplay however is a whole other story. I know this has been said many times especially since the fiasco that is called eco living was announced, but the sims 4 just lacks every single piece of depth. There's nothing interesting to do and the relationships sims have don't affect their lives that much. My sims feel more like puppets that I have to completely control than interesting characters like in the sims 3. I have to completely rely on my imagination to make my sims's lives interesting which usually ends with my sims cheating on their spouses and beginning new relationships every single time I open the game. I find this really sad cause the sims 3 had such a special place in my heart and it was really a place where I could escape for me and do all the crazy things I couldn't do in real life. I really felt connected to my sims and usually played at least 2 generations. In the sims 4 however I can honestly say that although I have played with the new generation of my sims, I've never played long enough for my first generation to pass away.

    The emotion system adds nothing to the gameplay and depth besides some random cartoony interactions that I just simply do not care about.
    The townies are also really really really f'ing disappointing. I loved the sims 3 townies so much and I knew almost all of their names and their backstories and spends hours on just reading them on the sims wiki site. They had so much depth and were just so iconic. Whereas the townies in the sims 4 don't have any depth. They have a written backstory that usually doesn't even reflect on their relationships and they are so poorly done. I just simply cannot understand how they can release towns with sims that have no special relationships and are no different than they were in cas. (before playing them: no skills, relationships,...)

    The graphics of the worlds are beautiful but many of them are way too small for them to be fun to play in like Magnolia Promenade and DSV. I get that because all of the worlds are in every save file that the game has to keep being runnable but then again I don't find it fair for players that really wanted for ex (like me) a Hollywood themed world and that have to pay 40 (may I repeat 40!!!) bucks on a world with about 5 residential lots. If Windenburg costs the same price as the other ones, the other ones should be of the same quality. In the sims 3 I didn't like that when you moved worlds you lost all of your contacts and that you couldn't visit your old neighbourhood but then again I much preferred this system cause it gave us way more freedom. Not only did we have an open worlds (which was great) but we also got new townies with every expansion pack that we got which made the game way more interesting for me aswel. It honestly feels like you need to edit the worlds in the sims 4 completely before you can play in them since there aren't many townies and cause the townies that are there are the same boring ones that we have in every save file. If I would have to choose however I still prefer the sims 3 system with the one world. (but an interesting QUALITY one)

    Regarding to these complaints I've also seen some people defend the simgurus and producers and that they're very nice people and that the sims community is really toxic for them since we only get mad and always complain without being constructive. To that I want to respond that this isn't a hate message to the producers cause I can't point my fingers at whose fault this is and I don't really care. I just care about this game being worth the money and for it to be giving us the same (if not better cause cmon it's supposed to be a newer updated version) quality as the previous games cause how it is right now isn't working. I also don't care about the simgurus being nice or whatever, I mean I wish them all the best but their personalities and they like-ability isn't why they were hired, they are hired to make the sims 4 a good game and that's the only thing we should care about. And I also really hate how they are taking the negative backlash. They are handling it as if they are stubborn 10 year olds. They're completely ignoring and not responding to most of the complaints and if they are responding to it, it's in a making-fun kinda way. They make it look like the angry sims players are some evil monsters that are out to get them and they're taking it way to personally. This isn't about you. This is about the game and with all of the dislikes on the newest trailer you could OBJECTIVELY tell that it isn't the way it should be.

    I would also like to include that the sims 4 expansion packs are way to expensive for what is in them. Back in the day the sims 3 ones were about 30 bucks I think while they hade SOOOO many content in them. Get this for example: Late night had a giant open city-like world that included apartments and a hills section for the rich. There was a celebrity system (that was way better that the one from the sims 4, don't @ me), a new film career with 2 options, the directing one and the movie star one. (so basically 2 careers) Next to this they also brought in vampires (which was a bit random but okay), night life (clubs,... altho they were empty most of the times) and last but not least sooo many townies that were just so iconic and had so many depth and a real story. Take Lola Belle for instance: she's SUCH an icon and has such a fun backstory. And even Matthew Hamming had a fun backstory which made people even question his sexuality. Can you imagine this in the sims 4? Imagine even questioning the sexuality of a sims 4 character. No. You can't. They're literally puppets.
    In the sims 4 we had city living that brought in the apartments (that aren't even better than in late night cause we can't edit the building or add in new apartments) and some irrelevant careers that nobody cared about. We also had get famous that added a whack celebrity system and an acting career (not even directing) that I have never played cause it simply does not work cause I can't go to the gigs. +We had Vampires that added.. well.. vampires. And honestly even though I don't really care about them I don't hate this pack cause it was nicely done and only a gamepack. (night life was added in get together so here's another feature that was divided in another pack)


    I needed to get this of my chest. To finish this long thread I would like to say that even though this might sound really bitter, I am not. I simply lost hope gameplay-wise and I'm not even angry about it anymore, just disappointed and I've lost hope. See ya

    GEdPfpk.gif


    Agree so much! Thanks for sharing..

    But I'll warn you right now, you are probably gonna make a few people 🌺🌺🌺🌺 from this...but you just keep on doing you :) Don't listen to them.


    tumblr_owry7lF2li1uuj1vto1_500.gifv
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    @KaeChan2089 thank you for posting! I just feel like since we are the ones buying it the focus should be on us and our honest opinions rather than making it a rainbowy experience and pretend like everything is fine like some game players sometimes do imo
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

    I put a link of this thread in the comments of the feedback discussion. Ty!

  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,639 EA Moderator
    As this is feedback I've moved the thread to the correct area
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 231 Member
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,598 Member
    Making TS3 look bad doesn't make TS4 look any better. Comparing EPs to EPs from version to version shows TS4's EPs are so fewer in content, gameplay and expanding an entire game. Which I thought was what EPs are supposed to do. If anyone picked the wrong 'ep' to compare to Get Famous then by all means compare it to ShowTime....one hands on career which I have read the gigs have been broken for months, is what GF offers compared to ShowTime. Just one, ........just one....just one.....and not even working. The OP is pointing out how many features, careers, aspirations, or traits (TS4 doesn't even get much of any of that) is spread out over pack after pack after pack for more money. Maybe the plan was to bore Simmers to tears so they will buy the next DLC and say, oh, look! there is the singing career that might have fit better in the GF pack but no matter buy anyway, and gag at gnats and swallow camels.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • izecsonizecson Posts: 1,254 Member
    That reading about townies in sims wiki for hours is literally me few years when i was actively playing sims 3, especially the doe family in store world they are so mysterious and people speculate that behind their innocent looks and hospitality, they are actually a murderer. I wish i could feel the same in ts4, ts4 is better in every way except the gameplay and its sims personality (or lack thereof)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Late Night add night clubs
    They were mostly empty a few sims we're still there.
    Vampires Wells let's get the bulk put of the way.Vampires I the sims 4 came with there own pack.Vampires in three were in late night.So it's not fair to compare.It would be comparable to compare ones that can from expansion pack

    Vampires in Sims 3
    There life span extended five times
    They can read sims minds, and traits
    They can let sims think about them
    They get super speed.
    They can learn skills faster at night
    Have an alter bed
    They don't die from the sun, but get week an uncomfortable moodLet.If they stay out they can died
    I think sims 3 vampires in late night are good.The only complain I have id they should had some to be able to force turn sims into vampires,and force drink.Sims 4 vampires.They are way better than sins 2/.Thoes we're the most shallowest vampires

    The nightclubs in late night.I think nightclub system was good.To get in you have to either get a celebrate level.Having to either get famous.e.This custom trait that return to Sims 4 get famous.You can also hacked, of bribed.The night clubs to me were interesting they add a more mature setting.
    We got bands, and musical instruments
    Apartments
    I think apartment we're not great in either version.Sims 4 has a plus that they have neighbors, but that's it.They both pale in comparison of sims 2.Sims 3 still had option you to live

    Sims 3 celebrity system.Im going get a lot hate on this, but I found the system here not that bad.To get famous you have to either know celebrates.Get into movie track career, be in a band.Or if showtime was installed.Play one of the professions.
    As a celebraty here , you get fan gifts, get into clubs, paparazzi.You have to go to city hall to sue if someone's slander you.
    So in my opinion late night did bring a lot of content.This does not even mention butlers.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 79 Member
    @simgame , OP, I feel this so much. I have tried to play this game, tried to like this game, and I. Just. Can't. I still REMEMBER my families and Sims' names from the days of TS2. That might be slightly pathetic, but even more pathetic is the fact that I DON'T REMEMBER THE NAMES OF MY SIMS THAT I PLAYED 1.5 MONTHS AGO IN TS4.

    That is because they feel JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SIM. There is nothing unique about any of them, no matter how you try. Their relationships are jokes. There really are no relationships. There are no consequences, so there is nothing interesting to remember about their stories. I just can't make this game interesting, and to be honest, I shouldn't have to.

    I think people get confused about why there's "so much complaining," but what they don't understand is that we LOVE The Sims. I LOVE this game, and I too have been playing it since 2000. That's why it is SO SAD that it is now an empty shell of what it was.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 3,709 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    @simgame , OP, I feel this so much. I have tried to play this game, tried to like this game, and I. Just. Can't. I still REMEMBER my families and Sims' names from the days of TS2. That might be slightly pathetic, but even more pathetic is the fact that I DON'T REMEMBER THE NAMES OF MY SIMS THAT I PLAYED 1.5 MONTHS AGO IN TS4.

    That is because they feel JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SIM. There is nothing unique about any of them, no matter how you try. Their relationships are jokes. There really are no relationships. There are no consequences, so there is nothing interesting to remember about their stories. I just can't make this game interesting, and to be honest, I shouldn't have to.

    I think people get confused about why there's "so much complaining," but what they don't understand is that we LOVE The Sims. I LOVE this game, and I too have been playing it since 2000. That's why it is SO SAD that it is now an empty shell of what it was
    .

    Speaking the words true to my heart...omg this is how I feel too!!! I am NOT some hater or a troll, this series is beloved to me, and I don't like of what it has become. TS3 and TSM were the last good games.

    tumblr_owry7lF2li1uuj1vto1_500.gifv
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 13
    In regards to the sims 3 Late Night stuff all I gotta is at least you got all of that in one pack for about 30$. If want the sims 4 equivalent it will cost you about 150$ if you get the packs full price and not including the price for the BG. Even if you got Showtime, Supernatural with Late Night it'd cost you like 90$ and you'd get 3 worlds that have many lots. (Yeah we got a free hot tub but even with subtract 10$ its still a lot of money)


  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 3,709 Member
    edited May 13
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    In regards to the sims 3 Late Night stuff all I gotta is at least you got all of that in one pack for about 30$. If want the sims 4 equivalent it will cost you about 150$ if you get the packs full price and not including the price for the BG. Even if you got Showtime, Supernatural with Late Night it'd cost you like 90$ and you'd get 3 worlds that have many lots.


    Yeah, that's what I mean, TS3 gave more bang for your buck, where TS4 you gotta pay over multiple packs to get the equivalent...and I don't think that is right.

    tumblr_owry7lF2li1uuj1vto1_500.gifv
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 256 Member
    TS2 apartments still the best to date but nowadays it seems that Maxis don't understand that apartments don't necessarily mean skyscrapers...

    I agree night life was way better in TS3. Despite clubs being empty (there are mods to fix it and if we accept mods to fix TS4, why not the same in TS3?) But when clubs have sims they will act differently from each other instead of just dancing and checking their phones like sims in TS4 love to do all the time.

    Fame in TS3 is not as bad as some simmers say. Showtime only expanded what was already there and bands were a thing. Wait until we get a separate pack for that in TS4 because for some reason they just made acting, intruducing a system that was already there since Get To Work but ok...
    When it comes to fame, TS 1 Superstar still the best pack to date and I find that hilarious!

    Who really cares about vampires when the pack offers so much more than that? Even hot tubs were part of the pack!

    In the end TS3 Late Night is one of my faves because Bridgeport is just my favorite world in TS3.

    I don't understand people who need to talk badly abou TS3 to make TS4 look better. TS3 have a lot of problems but it still a improvement from TS2/TS1 while TS4 is just a downgrade wich doesn't make any sence at all! I was optimistic in the beginning but I gave up, TS4 is what it is and I can't see big changes happening. The only thing I like about TS4 is the way it made me appreciate TS3 more!


  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    Lmao I'm sorry that I triggered you but cmon wether you like it or not you can't deny that the sims 3 late night or just sims 3 expansion packs in general had way more features. As I said I like the sims 3 apartments more cause at least you can edit them with cheats whereas the sims 4 ones will forever be the same shell (as you like to put it), literally a shell. And ofc the NPC's didn't have real homes or whatever but you had so many other sims that did. The vampire system was nicely done imo and I don't think they HAD to revisit it, it was more a logical decision imo since they made a supernatural pack so it would be kinda random, and a sims 4 thing to do, to not include vampires in the supernatural pack. I do agree that too many sims became vampires, just like they did in Exotic Paradise with the mermaids imo. The clubs closed to early but at least they were there even though they weren't perfectly done, they were still better than the lounges in the sims 4. I actually really enjoyed the celebrity system since you could literally just turn it off if you wanted.

    And like @HayleeSims mentioned even if it wasn't for your liking, it did include objectivity way more for a cheaper price. But I mean I get it if you didn't like certain things I was just mentioning my opinion cause it was the pack that I enjoyed the most and it really disappointed me that I spend 40 bucks on Get Famous that only includes one job that doesn't even work cause of bugs like @Cinebar mentioned.

    It annoys me that people often get lowkey annoyed because of complaints. This is literally our game, this is the game that we've played and loved for SO many years and it is our right to not be happy about how things are going. The content is one thing, but they price is another and that is what is really bugging me. The facts that it's a really expensive game and that I've probably spend more than 200 bucks on the sims 4 alone even tho it lacks so many things. I mean I guess I would do the same if I were them cause at the end of the day it is a company but still.. how can you ask 40 bucks for a worlds with just over 10 lots, some random (most of the time) irrelevant careers that nobody asked for (except the acting career and some others ofc, mostly talking about the conversationist theme that they keep bringing up) and some skills.The backstories don't even match the live mode details.. seriously.. how can they miss these stuff? Or even the fact that in one world (can't remember which one it was) they forgot to put toilets in bathrooms. How does this even happen for such a popular game, it's almost comical even.
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    @simgame , OP, I feel this so much. I have tried to play this game, tried to like this game, and I. Just. Can't. I still REMEMBER my families and Sims' names from the days of TS2. That might be slightly pathetic, but even more pathetic is the fact that I DON'T REMEMBER THE NAMES OF MY SIMS THAT I PLAYED 1.5 MONTHS AGO IN TS4.

    That is because they feel JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SIM. There is nothing unique about any of them, no matter how you try. Their relationships are jokes. There really are no relationships. There are no consequences, so there is nothing interesting to remember about their stories. I just can't make this game interesting, and to be honest, I shouldn't have to.

    I think people get confused about why there's "so much complaining," but what they don't understand is that we LOVE The Sims. I LOVE this game, and I too have been playing it since 2000. That's why it is SO SAD that it is now an empty shell of what it was
    .

    Speaking the words true to my heart...omg this is how I feel too!!! I am NOT some hater or a troll, this series is beloved to me, and I don't like of what it has become. TS3 and TSM were the last good games.

    Lol the sims 4 medieval was so underrated imo it was such a blast:)
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »

    I think people get confused about why there's "so much complaining," but what they don't understand is that we LOVE The Sims. I LOVE this game, and I too have been playing it since 2000. That's why it is SO SAD that it is now an empty shell of what it was.

    This!

  • simgamesimgame Posts: 535 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    TS2 apartments still the best to date but nowadays it seems that Maxis don't understand that apartments don't necessarily mean skyscrapers...

    I agree night life was way better in TS3. Despite clubs being empty (there are mods to fix it and if we accept mods to fix TS4, why not the same in TS3?) But when clubs have sims they will act differently from each other instead of just dancing and checking their phones like sims in TS4 love to do all the time.

    Fame in TS3 is not as bad as some simmers say. Showtime only expanded what was already there and bands were a thing. Wait until we get a separate pack for that in TS4 because for some reason they just made acting, intruducing a system that was already there since Get To Work but ok...
    When it comes to fame, TS 1 Superstar still the best pack to date and I find that hilarious!

    Who really cares about vampires when the pack offers so much more than that? Even hot tubs were part of the pack!

    In the end TS3 Late Night is one of my faves because Bridgeport is just my favorite world in TS3.

    I don't understand people who need to talk badly abou TS3 to make TS4 look better. TS3 have a lot of problems but it still a improvement from TS2/TS1 while TS4 is just a downgrade wich doesn't make any sence at all! I was optimistic in the beginning but I gave up, TS4 is what it is and I can't see big changes happening. The only thing I like about TS4 is the way it made me appreciate TS3 more!


    Yeah like it should be an obvious thing that previous games were less good and since so many people keep talking about previous games being better, there obviously is a problem. But hey some people like to ignore this and I guess that's fine, I just can't. Ps. I've only started playing the game when ts3 came out since I'm still quite young but I must agree that it does look so much fun:) And ikr Bridgeport was such a beautiful city, I mean even the smog I loved!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,598 Member
    edited May 14
    simgame wrote: »
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    Lmao I'm sorry that I triggered you but cmon wether you like it or not you can't deny that the sims 3 late night or just sims 3 expansion packs in general had way more features. As I said I like the sims 3 apartments more cause at least you can edit them with cheats whereas the sims 4 ones will forever be the same shell (as you like to put it), literally a shell. And ofc the NPC's didn't have real homes or whatever but you had so many other sims that did. The vampire system was nicely done imo and I don't think they HAD to revisit it, it was more a logical decision imo since they made a supernatural pack so it would be kinda random, and a sims 4 thing to do, to not include vampires in the supernatural pack. I do agree that too many sims became vampires, just like they did in Exotic Paradise with the mermaids imo. The clubs closed to early but at least they were there even though they weren't perfectly done, they were still better than the lounges in the sims 4. I actually really enjoyed the celebrity system since you could literally just turn it off if you wanted.

    And like @HayleeSims mentioned even if it wasn't for your liking, it did include objectivity way more for a cheaper price. But I mean I get it if you didn't like certain things I was just mentioning my opinion cause it was the pack that I enjoyed the most and it really disappointed me that I spend 40 bucks on Get Famous that only includes one job that doesn't even work cause of bugs like @Cinebar mentioned.

    It annoys me that people often get lowkey annoyed because of complaints. This is literally our game, this is the game that we've played and loved for SO many years and it is our right to not be happy about how things are going. The content is one thing, but they price is another and that is what is really bugging me. The facts that it's a really expensive game and that I've probably spend more than 200 bucks on the sims 4 alone even tho it lacks so many things. I mean I guess I would do the same if I were them cause at the end of the day it is a company but still.. how can you ask 40 bucks for a worlds with just over 10 lots, some random (most of the time) irrelevant careers that nobody asked for (except the acting career and some others ofc, mostly talking about the conversationist theme that they keep bringing up) and some skills.The backstories don't even match the live mode details.. seriously.. how can they miss these stuff? Or even the fact that in one world (can't remember which one it was) they forgot to put toilets in bathrooms. How does this even happen for such a popular game, it's almost comical even.
    simgame wrote: »
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    Lmao I'm sorry that I triggered you but cmon wether you like it or not you can't deny that the sims 3 late night or just sims 3 expansion packs in general had way more features. As I said I like the sims 3 apartments more cause at least you can edit them with cheats whereas the sims 4 ones will forever be the same shell (as you like to put it), literally a shell. And ofc the NPC's didn't have real homes or whatever but you had so many other sims that did. The vampire system was nicely done imo and I don't think they HAD to revisit it, it was more a logical decision imo since they made a supernatural pack so it would be kinda random, and a sims 4 thing to do, to not include vampires in the supernatural pack. I do agree that too many sims became vampires, just like they did in Exotic Paradise with the mermaids imo. The clubs closed to early but at least they were there even though they weren't perfectly done, they were still better than the lounges in the sims 4. I actually really enjoyed the celebrity system since you could literally just turn it off if you wanted.

    And like @HayleeSims mentioned even if it wasn't for your liking, it did include objectivity way more for a cheaper price. But I mean I get it if you didn't like certain things I was just mentioning my opinion cause it was the pack that I enjoyed the most and it really disappointed me that I spend 40 bucks on Get Famous that only includes one job that doesn't even work cause of bugs like @Cinebar mentioned.

    It annoys me that people often get lowkey annoyed because of complaints. This is literally our game, this is the game that we've played and loved for SO many years and it is our right to not be happy about how things are going. The content is one thing, but they price is another and that is what is really bugging me. The facts that it's a really expensive game and that I've probably spend more than 200 bucks on the sims 4 alone even tho it lacks so many things. I mean I guess I would do the same if I were them cause at the end of the day it is a company but still.. how can you ask 40 bucks for a worlds with just over 10 lots, some random (most of the time) irrelevant careers that nobody asked for (except the acting career and some others ofc, mostly talking about the conversationist theme that they keep bringing up) and some skills.The backstories don't even match the live mode details.. seriously.. how can they miss these stuff? Or even the fact that in one world (can't remember which one it was) they forgot to put toilets in bathrooms. How does this even happen for such a popular game, it's almost comical even.

    Sometimes one has to wonder how many people are on a team to build a GP or EP. I know they work hard that is not what I am saying. But two? a producer, a programmer and maybe if lucky at all an animator? I assume they have a world builder, and a person who just builds houses? and other lots? Or does the programmer have to do that, too? I assume they have a FX person to add some little details somewhere but what do they tell the animators. Sorry, we spent all the money on the backdrops this time so we can't let you do all those animations you presented. Of course they have the people who make the clothes and hairstyles for the new game but and the 3D modlers who make a new object and the programmer and animator have to get together I assume to make it work. But what happens to those who say wait a minute, you have too many backdrops and not enough gameplay this time...are they put into a corner with a dunce cap. Wait a minute you have too many reused meshes for clothes and not enough animations or new animations...I wonder what happens to those people.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    *claps*

    Fame in TS3 is AWFUL. At least there's an "opt-out" feature in TS4. In TS3, I'm constantly having to cheat certain sims' fame levels to 0, over and over and over again. It's beyond frustrating.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,090 Member
    The only thing I can remember from SIms 4, and probably will forever was the first time that J Huntington died from embarassment after being rejected by his girlfriend (my sim) during a proposal. That's it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 3,610 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    mmhmm I agree with this too but....

    Sims 3 expansions had WAY MORE content than Sims 4. You have to admit Sims 3 expansions put Sims 4 expansions to shame.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,075 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    mmhmm I agree with this too but....

    Sims 3 expansions had WAY MORE content than Sims 4. You have to admit Sims 3 expansions put Sims 4 expansions to shame.

    Most of that content was "eh" worthy though in my opinion, at least it is these days. Vampires and witches aren't as fun to play as in Sims 3 compared to Sims 4, because they feel more fleshed out now that they have packs solely dedicated to them, instead of cramming everything into a single pack and everything within not being all that great.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

    The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

    [Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,838 Member
    edited May 14
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

    Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

    Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

    First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

    Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

    Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

    Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

    Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

    mmhmm I agree with this too but....

    Sims 3 expansions had WAY MORE content than Sims 4. You have to admit Sims 3 expansions put Sims 4 expansions to shame.

    Most of that content was "eh" worthy though in my opinion, at least it is these days. Vampires and witches aren't as fun to play as in Sims 3 compared to Sims 4, because they feel more fleshed out now that they have packs solely dedicated to them, instead of cramming everything into a single pack and everything within not being all that great.

    I disagree. I still prefer TS3 witches over TS4 ones....I just really dislike Realm of Magic, there's nothing to do there, whatsoever. I tried playing with it once and my sim learned most of the spells in a day from befriending the sages or whatever lol That pack is just god awful. Not to mention that most of the spells are just recycled content from Get to Work. Hell, I even prefer TS2 witches over TS4 ones, they have cooler and sinister animations too.

    Having a pack dedicated to them means nothing if the content is stale and mostly recycled from other packs. Just a way to charge more I guess, because otherwise it's redundant. It's a clever way to trick the costumer though.
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top