Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The flop that is called The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Most of that content was "eh" worthy though in my opinion, at least it is these days. Vampires and witches aren't as fun to play as in Sims 3 compared to Sims 4, because they feel more fleshed out now that they have packs solely dedicated to them, instead of cramming everything into a single pack and everything within not being all that great.

I don't think supernatural are the major thing in the series and it may worked for them but packs like Jungle Adventure or even Parenthood (thats an ok pack) just fall flat compared to World Adventures or Generations.

Cats and Dogs for example... I feel it as the worst "pets" pack in the franchise, but in the end its not really "pets" at all.
    I really don't like Island Living and City Living but these two themes were my faves in TS3 (Late Night and Island Paradise).

Not to even mention the amount of aspirations that used to come with TS3 eps and they were actually good and not pack tutorials!

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Renato10 wrote: »
    Most of that content was "eh" worthy though in my opinion, at least it is these days. Vampires and witches aren't as fun to play as in Sims 3 compared to Sims 4, because they feel more fleshed out now that they have packs solely dedicated to them, instead of cramming everything into a single pack and everything within not being all that great.

I don't think supernatural are the major thing in the series and it may worked for them but packs like Jungle Adventure or even Parenthood (thats an ok pack) just fall flat compared to World Adventures or Generations.

Cats and Dogs for example... I feel it as the worst "pets" pack in the franchise, but in the end its not really "pets" at all.
    I really don't like Island Living and City Living but these two themes were my faves in TS3 (Late Night and Island Paradise).

Not to even mention the amount of aspirations that used to come with TS3 eps and they were actually good and not pack tutorials!

I couldn't agree more tbh. City Living imo is still the worst pack in the whole franchise. A side from 3 work from home careers, it doesn't add anything to the game....it's literally just a world pack where the neighbours overly annoy your sims. Even IL added more than it did.

And yes, Cats and Dogs is god awful for a "Pets" EP.....they said they wanted to focus just on just cats and dogs...but like...there's barely any content surrounding them as it is.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited May 2020
    Grynn wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

Let's get our nostalgia glasses off shall we?

Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

*claps*

Fame in TS3 is AWFUL. At least there's an "opt-out" feature in TS4. In TS3, I'm constantly having to cheat certain sims' fame levels to 0, over and over and over again. It's beyond frustrating.

Hi. There's a toggle in the options menu. I actually just turned it on this week because I'm playing a director, but for the last 2 years I didn't need a celebrity so it's been off in all my games. No celebrities at all. Ever. Anywhere.

It's located with the options for supernaturals. I don't like to play with the celebrities unless it is necessary for the game I'm playing.

Edit: I don't know about Bridgeport, maybe they show as celebrities there even if you opt out of the celebrity system. I was playing my director in Hidden Springs and don't really play Bridgeport.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I couldn't agree more tbh. City Living imo is still the worst pack in the whole franchise. A side from 3 work from home careers, it doesn't add anything to the game....it's literally just a world pack where the neighbours overly annoy your sims. Even IL added more than it did.

And yes, Cats and Dogs is god awful for a "Pets" EP.....they said they wanted to focus just on just cats and dogs...but like...there's barely any content surrounding them as it is.

Awww City Living ,Parenthood, and Vampires are some of my favorite packs...
    But yeah, Cat and Dogs, Get Together (BUT I love the world) are very disappointing..
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The problem with the game is not the Packs really. They can create packs that would add depth and game changing. However if the base game SIMS are still lacking depth then those features will temporarily make simmers who are looking depth enjoy for a short period of time.

For me this is what I noticed. What is the point of having the most sandbox group system ever(Clubs), a great fame system, Two quality occults, a parenting and character value system, the ability to manage multiple type of business, a great university experience if all the sims in the game acts and feel the same, has no to little personality, has bipolar emotions, no memories of what happen, no drama, and no care for the people that surrounds them?

I'll be honest, I prefer Sims 4 Packs compared to Sims 3 Packs because I find them to have depth (Except Island and City Living :D ) rather than have broad of features but not are fleshed out, however what is the point of having deep features if the sims are forgettable in the firstplace?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Ok, ok...

Night Life was the absolute worst pack in The Sims 3, I can't think of a single feature that was done well there.

First of all, in Night Life penthouses were literally just Tombs from World Adventure, I'm using literally literally here, if you ever tried to build your own you'll know that, that's why there was only one actual apartment per building, because it's really just a regular lot with a shell around it, there's no special system there for apartments, there were no neighbors, there was just an item, the mailbox, that generated random NPCs to come and go to give the ILLUSION that people lived inside of the shell, but the NPCs didn't even make sense or were consistent.

Vampires were extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Supernatural. To make things worse, it wasn't toned properly and over time it made it so vampires became a plague over save games, Vampire overpopulation was a nightmare.

Fame was extremely shallow and had to be revisited later in Showtime, I have no idea why you said the system was better than Get Famous, I really don't, one of the most popular mods for The Sims 3 was one that disables the Fame system.

Clubs didn't work, simply didn't, they stayed open for too little, were ALWAYS empty, and then there was elevators, dear god those freaking elevators with animations that took ages and for some reason always got stuck, by the time the elevator actually worked and your Sims got up there the club was already closing, if you were lucky and it wasn't closed already.

Feedback for Night Life was almost universally negative, trust me, it was worse than Eco Living except people only got disappointed after release because it was a theme that was done before, The Sims 3 had amazing packs, I have no idea why you chose the one pack that everybody disables in the DLC selector as an example.

Late Night is still my favourite pack, and yes I do have to at least make a case for it.

1. Penthouses with the shells are still 100x better than what we got in TS4 because we could place them in any lot. They were not lots themselves, that's what TS4 penthouses are, lot themselves placed inside world fx. There's also the illusion of neighbours in TS4. The only game where this doesn't happen is TS2 where all four households are within one lot.
    2. You can actually build custom apartment shells in Late Night if you enable the debug mode, but I guess you wouldn't know that. There's even one already built by Maxis in the world
    3. Clubs worked but there was a system that randomly picked one every day to be a hotspot, that's why some clubs were empty and others not
    4. It added actual elevators instead of teleportation spots
    5. It added bands and new instruments
    6. It added group gatherings
    7. It added 3 or more new lot types and a tooon of bar games

The feedback wasn't universally negative. Most of the negativity however came from sims 2 players who saw the penthouses as a downgrade from apartments in TS2 Apartment life, which they were, and from the overwhelming celebrity system that spread too easily. The inicial problem with vampires was that they were made out to be just like the ones from Twilight which people hated and they changed them ever so slightly with Supernatural, it's not that they were "shallow" people just didn't like the direction they went with them. Remember that TS3 was not seen as a live service unlike TS4.

It makes sense that the sequel, that being TS4, has better vampires, which I do think it does. What doesn't make sense is how a lot of other stuff isn't better or how some EP's don't add much of anything.

Also, the fame system was never revisited with Showtime as far as I know, pretty sure they they didn't add or change anything.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

But yeah, Cat and Dogs, Get Together (BUT I love the world) are very disappointing..

I do like Parenthood and Vampires. I wish they added pimples as actual gameplay like TS2 instead of just optional aesthetics though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I do like Parenthood and Vampires. I wish they added pimples as actual gameplay like TS2 instead of just optional aesthetics though.

There's a mod that someone made that adds pimples ;-;! Mods are a godsend
  • Options

There's a mod that someone made that adds pimples ;-;! Mods are a godsend

I know, which is awesome, but I wish I didn't have to rely on one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Perfect. That's exactly how I feel about the Sims 4. Basically, it lacks depth, it lacks value, and it lacks a team that listens to the community properly. We the players love the game, we aren't complaining to make the game seem bad, we're complaining to make the game right.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Honestly, I feel that if that when Sim City (5) flopped, they would, instead of repackaging the (then in progress) The Sims 4 with the online features removed, and instead, started over from scratch, rebuilt to be a single-player, offline game, we may be looking quite a bit differently at this game.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited May 2020
    @simgame While I don't agree with your opinion on Sims 4, I just want to say that you don't need to worry about sounding bitter. You're allowed your opinion too and thanks for wording it so respectfully :) If everyone complained the way you do, I feel like the forum would be a much nicer place haha!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I agree with a lot of this, OP. And I can confirm it's not nostalgia but just basic fact that there was more for your money with Sims 3. Sims 2 as well. Late Night was pretty decent to me. Even before I started using mods my only issue was the water color, not enough space to add lots, and the 'prove yourself in order to talk to me' thing with celebs. Everything else was fine.

Because of social media now the devs have fans and those fans take it personally too and what keeps being forgotten is that this is business. We're consumers. People can be nice all day long. Heck, I like some of the devs personalities too, but they're still people creating a product and trying to sell us on said product because their jobs rely on us buying the product. And EA often gets the blame and we're basically told to take it easy on Maxis but at what point do they take any of the blame for the current state of the game? Did EA sit everyone at Maxis down and tell them down to the fine details exactly what type of packs to create and what all to put in them? Did they tell them to leave some houses unfinished? Tell them to make matching furniture a hassle? To make the setting an alternate universe?

I also agree with what TS1299 said about the sims lacking depth. I just mentioned some of this in another thread on the forums but it's worth repeating. When I see complaints and people venting, I've noticed a lot of their issues tend to come back to the sims. Babies, elders, kids, teens, adults, emotions, personalities. It gets boring quickly for some of us and I'm glad more people are starting to realize the sims are the problem. They need work. All the stuff they add means nothing if you're still playing with the same boring sim. What's the point in me even choosing their traits if I have to imagine their personality?
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    The problem with the game is not the Packs really. They can create packs that would add depth and game changing. However if the base game SIMS are still lacking depth then those features will temporarily make simmers who are looking depth enjoy for a short period of time.

For me this is what I noticed. What is the point of having the most sandbox group system ever(Clubs), a great fame system, Two quality occults, a parenting and character value system, the ability to manage multiple type of business, a great university experience if all the sims in the game acts and feel the same, has no to little personality, has bipolar emotions, no memories of what happen, no drama, and no care for the people that surrounds them?

I'll be honest, I prefer Sims 4 Packs compared to Sims 3 Packs because I find them to have depth (Except Island and City Living :D ) rather than have broad of features but not are fleshed out, however what is the point of having deep features if the sims are forgettable in the firstplace?

I agree! The packs could be fine but it's that base of the game that is bad.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sims 4 isn't perfect, but Sims 3 wasn't either. Comparing those two games can only lead to an opinion based on your experience with the games, your play style and gameplay, maybe your experience with the Sims in general, if you played Sims 1 and 2 as well. Arguing about whose opinion is right and whose is wrong is not helping. Constructive criticism is. But it's never easy to find the right words for that. :) Please keep that in mind when reading my thoughts / story.

I loved Sims 1 and Sims 2. Sims 3 was never my game. Yes, there were tons of features, but it was really buggy. Never ever has one of my sims finished university properly, all sims were stuck in front of the building - and when my sim managed to get inside, another bug occurred and he did not graduate. A whole EP was lost for me. This was really frustrating.
    I also loved the World Adventures EP. But then my sim had a daughter with a ghost sim in China, the relicts on her home lot made the game crash, and this was the second pack I could not use anymore.

I installed a Cleaner Mod (nraas Overwatch), so that my game was not lagging, because random NPC Sims were stuck in the world.
    I installed other mods to improve my game (I have never used mods in Sims 1 or 2). In Sims 1 and 2 I played rotationally, but that was not possible for me in Sims 3. I tried my best to deal with that and the issue that I felt kind of forced to start a new save file for some expansion packs (or to use the world that came with it). It was okay and I had fun, but boy, after Sims 4 was released I suddenly realised what I was missing.

For me, Sims 4 was like playing Sims 2, but with more features. And I loved it! I could play in one save file with all my sims rotationally again - and I was missing this so, so badly. There are issues, that need to be discussed, like lack of personality, that is true. It needs more soul. Having no ghosts, toddlers, family trees and basements in the beginning was also plumplum. I am glad that they listened to the community. (My impression is, that they are listening...)

When comparing just those two games, Sims 4 is the better game for me personally. If there will be a Sims 5, I hope they don't forget rotational gameplay.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    Sims 4 isn't perfect, but Sims 3 wasn't either. Comparing those two games can only lead to an opinion based on your experience with the games, your play style and gameplay, maybe your experience with the Sims in general, if you played Sims 1 and 2 as well. Arguing about whose opinion is right and whose is wrong is not helping. Constructive criticism is. But it's never easy to find the right words for that. :) Please keep that in mind when reading my thoughts / story.

I loved Sims 1 and Sims 2. Sims 3 was never my game. Yes, there were tons of features, but it was really buggy. Never ever has one of my sims finished university properly, all sims were stuck in front of the building - and when my sim managed to get inside, another bug occurred and he did not graduate. A whole EP was lost for me. This was really frustrating.
    I also loved the World Adventures EP. But then my sim had a daughter with a ghost sim in China, the relicts on her home lot made the game crash, and this was the second pack I could not use anymore.

I installed a Cleaner Mod (nraas Overwatch), so that my game was not lagging, because random NPC Sims were stuck in the world.
    I installed other mods to improve my game (I have never used mods in Sims 1 or 2). In Sims 1 and 2 I played rotationally, but that was not possible for me in Sims 3. I tried my best to deal with that and the issue that I felt kind of forced to start a new save file for some expansion packs (or to use the world that came with it). It was okay and I had fun, but boy, after Sims 4 was released I suddenly realised what I was missing.

For me, Sims 4 was like playing Sims 2, but with more features. And I loved it! I could play in one save file with all my sims rotationally again - and I was missing this so, so badly. There are issues, that need to be discussed, like lack of personality, that is true. It needs more soul. Having no ghosts, toddlers, family trees and basements in the beginning was also plumplum. I am glad that they listened to the community. (My impression is, that they are listening...)

When comparing just those two games, Sims 4 is the better game for me personally. If there will be a Sims 5, I hope they don't forget rotational gameplay.

I completely understand and respect your opinion and I must agree that even for me the sims 3 was laggy, but so is the sims 4 sometimes. What happened to my sims a lot is that they just kept looking at their phones and smiling randomly and seemed to be completely ignoring any instructions. But I do also think that your bugs were probably due to your computer not being strong enough for the game since I only had these type of problems when playing Island Paradise. (which is universally known as really laggy)

Then again I don't understand why they even released a game without pools (and swimwear), basements, very basic jobs,... The comparison of the two will always be very personal to each simmer but even if you like the sims 4 more, I still don't think the price of the packs is fair in comparison to the content.
  • Options
    @simgame While I don't agree with your opinion on Sims 4, I just want to say that you don't need to worry about sounding bitter. You're allowed your opinion too and thanks for wording it so respectfully :) If everyone complained the way you do, I feel like the forum would be a much nicer place haha!

Thanks!:) I just didn't wanted to stir any drama
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited May 2020
    simgame wrote: »
    Freechheit wrote: »

I completely understand and respect your opinion and I must agree that even for me the sims 3 was laggy, but so is the sims 4 sometimes. What happened to my sims a lot is that they just kept looking at their phones and smiling randomly and seemed to be completely ignoring any instructions. But I do also think that your bugs were probably due to your computer not being strong enough for the game since I only had these type of problems when playing Island Paradise. (which is universally known as really laggy)

Then again I don't understand why they even released a game without pools (and swimwear), basements, very basic jobs,... The comparison of the two will always be very personal to each simmer but even if you like the sims 4 more, I still don't think the price of the packs is fair in comparison to the content.

Thank you. :)

My computer was not the best and it's possible, that this created the bugs. Back then, I was thinking of getting a new one. But before I could afford one, I was looking for bug solutions, and realised, that this game had severe issues that had nothing to do with my computer. For instance, the travelling system was bugged and Sims had severe routing issues in many worlds. Save files had the tendency to corrupt and as a mainly-one-save-file-rotational-player, this was a horrifying thought.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/ISSUE-Savegame-Corruption/td-p/968290

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/precautions-for-university-life.html

My favorite: The Child-In-China-Issue :wink:https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/177227/sim-has-a-child-in-china

I have bugs in Sims 4, too, of course. But I never had any game breaking ones, like in Sims 3.*)
    Many people loved Sims 3, never had severe bugs, could play without any mods - but I was not so lucky. :neutral:

Edit: *) Mass culling and deleting dead Sims was a severe issue for me in Sims 4. But I could use an older save file and continue my game.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, TS4 has been a real mess. It started out unfinished at launch, but still full of cool features and potential to right itself and become a really good game. Unfortunately, all of the good things that the game had going for it in the beginning have been removed, nerfed, or completely left to rot while the game's flaws have been exacerbated by shallow EP's, slow rollout of supernatural elements, small worlds, and poor AI. Many people who still play are using script mods to fill in the holes and complete the code, like shoving frog DNA into the fragmented genome of a T-Rex. Now, an EP that is more what the devs themselves really wanted to make as opposed to what the players are really yearning for is bringing out the worst in some of us, while others face-palm and groan and yet others try and put on a happy face to avoid this franchise getting canceled altogether. When I started playing TS2 14 years ago, I never imagined that the series would fall so far...
    Ok, ok...

Honestly...I think that's the point. I think the OP is trying to say that TS4's packs are, for the most part, so weak that even TS3's worst pack looks incredible by comparison. Really, I don't blame them. Compared to their equivalents from previous games in the franchise, many of TS4's packs feel more like prototype builds than finished products. No way to build apartment buildings with CL, C&D is "Pets" with just two species implemented instead of having the full spectrum of previous iterations, ROM magic is not as deep as it really should have been for the fourth wack at the theme, IL lacks IP's underwater exploration aspect...It's pretty sad.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Yes, TS4 has been a real mess. It started out unfinished at launch, but still full of cool features and potential to right itself and become a really good game. Unfortunately, all of the good things that the game had going for it in the beginning have been removed, nerfed, or completely left to rot while the game's flaws have been exacerbated by shallow EP's, slow rollout of supernatural elements, small worlds, and poor AI. Many people who still play are using script mods to fill in the holes and complete the code, like shoving frog DNA into the fragmented genome of a T-Rex. Now, an EP that is more what the devs themselves really wanted to make as opposed to what the players are really yearning for is bringing out the worst in some of us, while others face-palm and groan and yet others try and put on a happy face to avoid this franchise getting canceled altogether. When I started playing TS2 14 years ago, I never imagined that the series would fall so far...
    Ok, ok...

Honestly...I think that's the point. I think the OP is trying to say that TS4's packs are, for the most part, so weak that even TS3's worst pack looks incredible by comparison. Really, I don't blame them. Compared to their equivalents from previous games in the franchise, many of TS4's packs feel more like prototype builds than finished products. No way to build apartment buildings with CL, C&D is "Pets" with just two species implemented instead of having the full spectrum of previous iterations, ROM magic is not as deep as it really should have been for the fourth wack at the theme, IL lacks IP's underwater exploration aspect...It's pretty sad.

Agree so much.
    Just many of us step back and say "What happened!?" our once great gaming series, fall so far...it just hurts some of us A LOT (I won't say us, because people will say I am speaking for them...-sigh-)
    How far we have fallen, we just want this installment to be great..we want this game to be great because of the amazing previous installments, and we don't like what it has become which is more or less, a cash-grab...Sorry not sorry.
  • Options
    Ok, ok...

This is really well explained tbh, thank you.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2020
    I still have mad love for the sims 2 and 3 and there are things I love about the sims 4 as well and I wouldnt be honest if I said there were things I didn't. However, there's a huge difference in gameplay in each game. I mean even when you compare the sims 2 and 3 there were things taken out of 3 that two were incredible, in my opinion.

I've come to realize, over the years, that there are things I dont like about each game and sometimes I bounce from iteration to iteration depending on my mood because not one game can completely satistfy my simming needs alone. There used to be a point in time where I thought the sims 4 would be the good from the sims 2 and 3 mashed together to make the ultimate sims game lol but then we have what we have a well it's pretty much a given what it is now and what it may continue to be until the end of its life cycle and the next iteration is released.

I've come to terms with the sims 4. But then again I've come to terms with the sims 2 and 3 and their flaws too because let's face it they all have flaws. I wouldn't necessarily call any of then flops because, as the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all play in our own way. Some more similar some completely different. We all like our games to be fit to our play styles and some games cater more to our own play styles than other games. I've learned to step outside my box and explore each game for what it is.

I remember back in the sims 2 where rotational play was a huge thing for me. I remember moving to the sims 3 and trying it just realize SP really messed up my families so I slowly adapted to SP and actually started to enjoy it. Then I moved on to the sims 4 and though I have yet to find a place between story progression with mods and rotational play, I am sure I will adapt to this as well. It's odd because it kind of seems like a mix of 2 and 3. 2 as in none of the families seek mates and marry and have kids on their own, but like 3 where they all age as time goes forward, if the game is left with default settings. I'm curious to see how they would add some kind of SP if that's the direction they go.

Though it's still been challenging to find the perfect groove for the sims 4 I cannot completely say it's a flop. It's not my absolute favorite and I still feel there's is much needed improvements before I would personally consider this game complete, we have come quite a bit of way in some parts of the game as time has gone. The toddlers in this version are absolutely amazing! So if something that that can be added to base game, what more can be tweaked and added to improve on the personality, emotions, relationships, etc within the game? My point is, and I do apologize for rambling and this long comment, that it's hard to really say this type of simulation game is a flop or not as there are some many playstyles. Unlike simcity, which seemed to have clearly flopped, the sims 4 seems to have maintained a base of players to be considered otherwise, but OP you have every right to feel that way. This is just my personal opinion. As I said earlier beauty I'd in the eye of the beholder. There's a reason why some simmers love this game but hate 3 or 2, love 2 but could never get into 3, love 3 but dont like 2 or 4 etc etc.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    Ok, ok...

*claps*

Fame in TS3 is AWFUL. At least there's an "opt-out" feature in TS4. In TS3, I'm constantly having to cheat certain sims' fame levels to 0, over and over and over again. It's beyond frustrating.

Hi. There's a toggle in the options menu. I actually just turned it on this week because I'm playing a director, but for the last 2 years I didn't need a celebrity so it's been off in all my games. No celebrities at all. Ever. Anywhere.

It's located with the options for supernaturals. I don't like to play with the celebrities unless it is necessary for the game I'm playing.

Edit: I don't know about Bridgeport, maybe they show as celebrities there even if you opt out of the celebrity system. I was playing my director in Hidden Springs and don't really play Bridgeport.

Sims 3 still my choice over Sims 4 but one of the things I disliked was the attraction to fame and it just irritated me but I still enjoyed Sims 3. EA/Maxis put in an feature that there was no real way to shut it off normally and the same can be said about Sims 4 to be fair.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Well... regarding the sims they were more or less the same in TS2 as well and they definitely were in TS1 lol apart from the accents in TS2 i found them the same but i wasn't bothered about it apart from the NPCs always chatting and ignoring everything but Food, Pool Tables, Party Games, Computers or TVs LOL but it WAS the same. I never played TS3 but i feel TS4 is very TS1/TS2 inspired and then aspects of TS3 put in there but the sims aren't TS3 sims they're TS2 Sims again more or less except definitely less details in the game but i'm good with that, in TS2 you created their story and used your imagination to do it through how you made them live their lives, interact and dress with what type of Aspiration it was i can't believe people have forgotten already LOL, i've just recently been playing TS2 so my memory is still fresh but i wouldn't forget, i think looking for more and more realism in the game it's unrealistic to how much you can really programme the sims it's just not gonna get anymore realistic but watch some TS2 Gameplay you'll see more or less they're the same and use the same animations *shrugs*.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I agree with everything the OP says regarding Sims 4. An excellent and well thought out post. Bravo!

I have the same problem, I think about playing Sims 4 whenever I have time for gaming, but more often then not I change my mind and play something else instead. When I get a new pack, I will try to start up the game, but often get bored quickly. However, I did stick with the game for a couple of weeks back when the Uni pack came out, which was something.

It isn't that Sims 4 isn't a fun game, there is certainly fun to be had, but unfortunately the amount of money I have spent on Sims 4 vs the amount of fun I have had with the game makes it a poor investment. This is especially the case when I compare it to Sims 3. When I purchased a new EP for Sims 3 I knew it would expand my game a lot. The amount of fun I had with Showtime, Generations, Sims 3 Seasons and Supernatural was more than worth every penny I spent on those packs, and even though they were buggy at times I also really enjoyed Into the Future, Sims 3 University, World Adventures, and Island Paradise.
    Not to mention a couple of the Sims 3 store worlds Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow were simply amazing in my opinion. Oh, and I don't recall a problem with my nightclubs in Sims 3, they always got decent crowds. So I am lucky I guess.

Of course, I know that I tend to have rose colored glasses when it come to Sims 3, and I have not forgotten, or forgiven, the huge list of still unpatched bugs which have given Sims 3 such a bad name, but really is the steadily increasing list of bugs in Sims 4 any better?

Even though I haven't touched Sims 3 in a while, I still adore Sims 3, I made so many memories with that game. Things that I still think about and laugh about today, so many times while playing Sims 3 (and also Sims 2) things would happen that I didn't expect and it would just blow my mind, and it saddens me to say that with Sims 4 I just don't get that same connection.

For example; I fondly recall the time my Sims 3 romantic superstar got caught cheating on the husband that he was crazy about. It happened when I was playing a different family, and when I switched back it was too late to avoid the divorce. I had to work for many Sim weeks to get the couple to reconcile, AS IT SHOULD BE! I could never make this type of memory in Sims 4, because Sims 4 has no consequence for cheating... for a game built off a emotions system that is sort of pitiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top