Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your Mods folder?

Comments

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    5-10 GB
    @Emily4331 All hail the Queen of CC :wink::star:
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    Less than 1 Gigabites in my Mods Folder, basically a small amount (Most of it is game Mods, but there are a number of CC in there; most of it are Werewolf CC which I got from my sister after an incident involving a bit of CC and a missing Mods Folder.) I don't know how much my laptop can handle though.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    KpoiKpoi Posts: 32 Member
    3-5 GB
    I don't envy the ones with 20GB+ cc... Imagine the load times.... Yuck.
  • Options
    3-5 GB
    @Emily4331 How long are your loading times? I'm curious.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    20 GB or more
    @Kpoi depends on the world size and save size. My current save takes about a minute and a half to load, but it's still a pretty early on save. I have an empty world for testing CC in CAS that takes about 30 seconds. I merge my CC so I have less package files than you'd think. From that, I surmise that loading times (at least for me) are mostly influenced by, as I said, world size and save file size.

tl;dr: Loading is pretty fast. :tongue:
  • Options
    IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    1-3 GB
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Kpoi depends on the world size and save size. My current save takes about a minute and a half to load, but it's still a pretty early on save. I have an empty world for testing CC in CAS that takes about 30 seconds. I merge my CC so I have less package files than you'd think. From that, I surmise that loading times (at least for me) are mostly influenced by, as I said, world size and save file size.

tl;dr: Loading is pretty fast. :tongue:

Lucky. I already have my sims freezing and the time too in a 2day save with 1GB.
  • Options
    3-5 GB
    > @Emily4331 said:
    > @Kpoi depends on the world size and save size. My current save takes about a minute and a half to load, but it's still a pretty early on save. I have an empty world for testing CC in CAS that takes about 30 seconds. I merge my CC so I have less package files than you'd think. From that, I surmise that loading times (at least for me) are mostly influenced by, as I said, world size and save file size.
    >
    > tl;dr: Loading is pretty fast. :tongue:

I am... so incredibly jealous! What are the specs of your PC/Laptop? If that's alright.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited May 2020
    1-3 GB
    @Emily4331 :open_mouth: Wow girl that is some FAST load times for that much cc! And you said that was AFTER you merged it all? How long did it take before? :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    1-3 GB
    emorrill wrote: »
    If you're a CC (Custom Content) lover like me, you no doubt have a pretty large Mods/Packages folder. :p I'm always curious just how large everyone else's is so that's why I created this poll for fun. Don't be shy. :blush:

Just round up to the nearest GB when you vote. :)

*If you're wondering how to check, go into Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3 and hover your cursor over the Mods folder and a little box should appear that will tell you the size of the folder. :)

If I click the folder once, but don't open it, and hover my mouse over it, it says 1.12GB in size.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    20 GB or more
    @Kpoi Lol I don't mind. I built my computer. The specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB
    RAM: 16 GB
    Storage: The Sims 3 is installed on my Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB (I have 3 SSDs totaling 1,627 GB of storage)

@Iceey Sorry to hear your save is giving you trouble. :(

@emorrill Merging CC is essential. Over 200ish package files and the game really starts to slow down.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    1-3 GB
    You young people and your startup times, I tell you. In my day it took a month and a half to start up our computers and another three weeks to launch a game. And we liked it! We knew how to manage our time back then, no one was in such a hurry. Today it's all rush, rush, rush, I want it give it to me now, blah. And another thing...Hey! You rotten kids over there, get off my lawn!

nyg9pe04laz00ma4g.jpg
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    1-3 GB
    @igazor

giphy.gif

:joy:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    5-10 GB
    5 to 10 gb, and I just checked it is on 8 gb in my mods folder,
    none in launcher I deleted all the cc there.
  • Options
    BerryCharmingBerryCharming Posts: 38 Member
    10-15 GB
    I did not realize how much cc I had in my game until I checked for this question lol, I thought I had around 3 gigs, but I really have about 14 gigs lol.
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    edited May 2020
    I couldn't vote at first because my alternative was missing, so I had to fix the poll a little bit first. :smile:

rvt0dQt.png
  • Options
    1-3 GB
    @SuzyCue72 For a second I was like, "I didn't think a poll could be modified..." :confused: but then I realized you just did a photo edit. :lol: Awesome job with that!
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72 For a second I was like, "I didn't think a poll could be modified..." :confused: but then I realized you just did a photo edit. :lol: Awesome job with that!

@emorrill Thank ye kindly ma'am, ahm allus troyin' to do me best (said with a thick Yorkshire accent) :)
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    You young people and your startup times, I tell you. In my day it took a month and a half to start up our computers and another three weeks to launch a game. And we liked it! We knew how to manage our time back then, no one was in such a hurry. Today it's all rush, rush, rush, I want it give it to me now, blah. And another thing...Hey! You rotten kids over there, get off my lawn!

nyg9pe04laz00ma4g.jpg

But you don't have any lawn, remember, I bet the closest you've ever come to owning anything green and growing is your little culture of cress on your window sill, and I must say I find it highly unlikely that a whole bunch of youngsters would invade that... let alone run around in it, it's too small for that... way too small. :/

• Options
    edited May 2020
    1-3 GB
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    But you don't have any lawn, remember, I bet the closest you've ever come to owning anything green and growing is your little culture of cress on your window sill, and I must say I find it highly unlikely that a whole bunch of youngsters would invade that... let alone run around in it, it's too small for that... way too small. :/
    We have community gardens instead, but the concept of "my lawn" could be extended to one nearby that I might be charged with taking care of. It may surprise some to know that the section of the Big City in which I live has three tremendously large parks including one official 196-acre forest with the woodland ecosystem and everything that is required for that official designation. Even many people who have lived in this city their entire lives don't know about the forest thing, there's a lot more green here than one might think and this isn't exactly Times Square.

am9ceuxk37ohi6h4g.jpg

But anyway, besides that my delusions are mine alone to have and enjoy. No one can take them away from me. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    edited May 2020
    Less than 1 GB
    Never used mods in the sims 4 up until now due to simulation lag so I popped the fix into the mods folder.
    Feels as if the game could use more fixes through mods but don't know what mods are essential. Any tips?

Oh.... yikes I thought this was for the sims 4 haha! Well for the sims 3 I only have the nraas mods and nothing else.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    20 GB or more
    I didn't know you wanted the ingame number, so I went for the largest :s In game right now there's slightly more than 7 GB, but my mods folder all in all had to be transferred to an external hard drive because more than 100 GB... :#
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    I have exactly 481mb worth of mods and some cc. I have MC Command Center and a mod that turns the Sims 4 loading screens & menu back to the original one. I never use cc, but some time ago I tried some out and came to the conclusion that I didn't like using cc, but I never got rid of it from my mods folder.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    10-15 GB
    I'm at 13.9 GB and my game runs beautifully, even on the highest settings.
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    We have community gardens instead, but the concept of "my lawn" could be extended to one nearby that I might be charged with taking care of. It may surprise some to know that the section of the Big City in which I live has three tremendously large parks including one official 196-acre forest with the woodland ecosystem and everything that is required for that official designation. Even many people who have lived in this city their entire lives don't know about the forest thing, there's a lot more green here than one might think and this isn't exactly Times Square.

But anyway, besides that my delusions are mine alone to have and enjoy. No one can take them away from me. :)

Nah, that wouldn't be a good idea, waaaay too much work for a couch potato like you (according to your My Page), and since you're apparently clumsy as well, it would be too risky. You'd probably accidentally step on the rake making the handle jump up in the air and knock you out. :o Not advisable.

Large forest, huh... ? That sounds nice... or maybe not... ?

That screaming little black dot to the right, that's you... two minutes before you left the safe well known area and wandered off into the wilderness... and got lost among all the trees, bushes and other greenery... and the local police department had to arrange a search party for you, with lots of people and dogs and everything... and it took them almost three days before they finally found you, sitting on a fallen tree trunk, munching on a couple of acorns and some leaves...

4a3E4wC.png
  • Options
    1-3 GB
    Flattering though all this attention is, perhaps we could leave the unasked for advice about how I might choose to navigate/avoid nature and characterizations as a screaming black dot for some other place and time as it's all more than a bit off-topic here?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!