Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your Mods folder?

If you're a CC (Custom Content) lover like me, you no doubt have a pretty large Mods/Packages folder. :p I'm always curious just how large everyone else's is so that's why I created this poll for fun. Don't be shy. :blush:

Just round up to the nearest GB when you vote. :)

*If you're wondering how to check, go into Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3 and hover your cursor over the Mods folder and a little box should appear that will tell you the size of the folder. :)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

How big is your Mods folder? 97 votes

Less than 1 GB
25%
carlystur03cianeJeansooSxcDannii202SimLibbylisasc360sikasika18Ripleyrawrtexxx78KiwiColieEnkiSchmidtFlaptexanskySimTrippypuzzlezaddictBradyGalaxyheauxfinityIVXXXVIMaddieplaysgamesGamer43251 25 votes
1-3 GB
22%
Rflong7GraceyManorAmphoraMagdaleenaCororonemorrillGabbyGirlJChanticostarguruduhboy2u2igazorbecks1112TurtleShroomKelvinthuggishsplicerHillyBethIceeyGamingTweetySomearylalaSlacker 22 votes
3-5 GB
13%
ParyMikezumiAlexaKryInfraGreenrednenemonbekkasanbudewarminAvataritNikkei_SimmerKpoiKynanmariemdovermeljones 13 votes
5-10 GB
11%
hummingbird41556PuddinroyPaikallinenSilverofdreams30cocoZeeGeeZeiTalonflareTurjanKerrasimstanezumi 11 votes
10-15 GB
6%
bluzkat65yoshi_dragur2012TrashmagicBerryCharmingSaintcThi5aree 6 votes
20 GB or more
10%
canitbemanEmily4331suetoopyoashmoToriejillbghellokitty1496MantleJackalBansheesHeartRay_Trace 10 votes
0 GB - because I don't have any CC in my game OR I just add CC via the Launcher
10%
JACKIEJOYannaliese39smithfamily89Juliee101posmekoalaAshleyAOSimsersionBrandontaylorgallerysims4xSongx 10 votes

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    My Mods folder is technically not zero GB, because it has actual mods in it, but no cc. I've never used cc, and never even had it in my user data folder other than a couple of times I tried to test something.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited May 2020
    Less than 1 GB
    My Mod folder is 250 MB. Instead, I have 2.5 GBs of DCCache folder which is almost store items include 300 Mbs of CCs. What kind of ccs are you using? I always feel the hairs and clothes are not enough for male.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    1-3 GB
    (Covers Mods folder up with hands, looks suspiciously to the left, then to the right, then peeks inside). I don't feel this is anyone's business but my own, but since that choice was not represented on the poll I decided to answer properly. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    5-10 GB
    I could have picked two options, as File Explorer claims my Mods folder is exactly 10.0 GB.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    3-5 GB
    Mine's 3.3 gb. I try to keep it low and only use CC that I feel I really NEED but it's been creeping up a little lately :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    Less than 1 GB
    Sorry i had to edit for sims 3 :P i only have nraas on sims 3.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    1-3 GB
    1,93 GB in the Mods folder. 1,90 GB in the DCCache one. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    3-5 GB
    My Mods folder isn´t as big as my dowloads folder: mods 4,69 GB /Dowloads 10,5 GB
    I don´t know how my game is still able to even load but even with this much of CC and Mods it runs/plays like a charm in highest settings in nearly every world (there are two exceptions).
    I can´t play without the CC. :D
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Less than 1 GB
    I don't have any CC other than store content and then some mods at the moment. The Store content I have is actually just over 3 GBs and part of that is Store Worlds.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    I've only got a tiny little bit in there. 50.5MB or so. Store content is in the launcher, so not sure how much is in there. I own less than half the store so not too much.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited May 2020
    3-5 GB
    I'm so close to 5GB but not yet. You can help, 1 like = adding 1MB, 1 awesome = adding 10MB

(KIDDING but I really have been up to 12GB before and I miss/don't miss those days)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    1-3 GB
    1.26 GB.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    1-3 GB
    Yeah I didn't count what is in the Downloads folder since that includes Store content which technically isn't CC. :p But if you feel like adding up the size of the CC you've downloaded to the launcher, besides the Store content, feel free to share, but I just really didn't want to do that to you all. :kissing_heart:

Thanks to those of you who voted so far. :)

@igazor You crack me up! :lol:

@InfraGreen I threw out an Awesome to ya. ;)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    20 GB or more
    I love how I'm still the only one at 20 GB or more. :lol: Specifically, 20.5 GB. I might have a mild addiction. :grimace:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    3-5 GB
    @Emily4331 You are a CC champ! :D
    I don't install most of what I download. If I had to calculate the size of all the folders of CC I have downloaded over the years, I might just faint! :D
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    3-5 GB
    This is only what is actually installed in the game. It doesn't count what is in my folders on my desktop that I've not installed yet. :blush:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    1-3 GB
    bekkasan wrote: »
    This is only what is actually installed in the game. It doesn't count what is in my folders on my desktop that I've not installed yet. :blush:

@bekkasan :blush:

Yeah I have a little bit of mods in folders on the desktop that I'm not using at the moment.
    Others I want to stick in, but then I'm like..."Do I really need this mod? Will it slow down CAS even more?" Jazz like that. :p
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    3-5 GB
    2.24 GB.

Of course, that isn't accounting for what I've taken out due to lack of use, so chances are it's even bigger.

Emily4331 wrote: »
    I love how I'm still the only one at 20 GB or more. :lol: Specifically, 20.5 GB. I might have a mild addiction. :grimace:

Sweet Toledo that's a lot :|

AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    1-3 GB
    As of right now I have 1GB, but 3 years ago when I last had the game I had like 5+, but I very dumbly accidentally deleted my cc folder stored in my external HDD... Now I am having so much trouble finding cc that has gone poof. I guess it's only 1GB cause I merge. Without merging, probably more lol.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I have no CC!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    1-3 GB
    1.74 GB is my current mod folder, it was larger but I cut out a lot of my CC.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    5-10 GB
    I have just over 5 gb but I keep all my hairs in a separate folder and only stick it in when I'm looking for new hair for a sim. I then only take that one (or however many the sim needs) out and leave it in the mods folder, then drop the big file back in documents. Not sure how big my hair file is but there sure is a lot in there!

@Emily4331 Wow, do you actually play with that much CC or just take pictures?!
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    10-15 GB
    I wasn’t paying attention and thought this was for sims 4 - my sims 3 folder has considerably less because of CASt.
  • Thi5areeThi5aree Posts: 11 New Member
    10-15 GB
    Yikes-
    I have 17.3 gigs of CC and mods, (4,022 files in total...)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    20 GB or more
    @ZeeGee I actually play with that much CC. My game runs fairly well, honestly. :lol: