Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Won't Stay In Bed

She work's evenings at the Bistro. After work, I send her to the library, to study cooking, recipes, or writing (LTW Professional Author). She comes home and makes breakfast for the whole clan before going to bed. After waking up, she makes supper before going to work. Or at least that is the plan. She won't stay in bed. While she is sleeping I'm out checking to make sure the kids make it to school (due to over crowding the door), looking for insects (in a world with sparse spawners) etc, for the kids to pick up after school, makes plans for other characters. Every time I look back at her, she is up doing something random, like playing with the bird. I know the dog has woken her up before >:) , so I send him out 'Sniffing Out Collectables'. She still keeps waking up. :#. I've sent her to bed three times now. She's exhausted and in a terrible mood to make supper before going to work, let alone have decent work performance. This happens constantly. I have a feeling there is a game feature that sims don't sleep in past, 0900h, 1000h, 1100h, 1200h (probably just 1000h and noon but it seems like more). Can anybody confirm this? :# AND IS THERE ANY WAY TO TURN IT OFF!!!!! :#

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited May 2020
    I sometimes get a "jump out of bed" bug when the sim has travelled, been reset, or was moved with MoveObjects On. Just resetsim and hope the best. The other thing is that the bed might need to be replaced. (Imagine the game thinks you have a sim sleeping in the bed already who the other sim isn't friends with; so she won't sleep there.) Good luck!

Also, if you use any mods, check out modthesims for the mod that activates all the doors at school.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    It might (possibly) be a bit simpler than this, although yes the mod to reduce/eliminate school overcrowding is worth its weight in tiberium. When you send your sim to bed, does the action in the queue say "Sleep Until (a specific time)" and can you drag that queue icon to the right until it says "Sleep Until Fully Rested"?

Sims do have an internal alarm clock of sorts and sometimes they just need to be retrained.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    I sometimes get a "jump out of bed" bug when the sim has travelled, been reset, or was moved with MoveObjects On. Just resetsim and hope the best. The other thing is that the bed might need to be replaced. (Imagine the game thinks you have a sim sleeping in the bed already who the other sim isn't friends with; so she won't sleep there.) Good luck!

There is no problem with the bed. She goes to sleep fine and there is no problem with her "husband". She just won't stay there until fully rested.
    igazor wrote: »
    It might (possibly) be a bit simpler than this, although yes the mod to reduce/eliminate school overcrowding is worth its weight in tiberium. When you send your sim to bed, does the action in the queue say "Sleep Until (a specific time)" and can you drag that queue icon to the right until it says "Sleep Until Fully Rested"?.

I'm using a custom school right now with 2 rabbit hole rugs which makes things much better (but not perfect). I have another very special school in development for my new world that I am going to need some very special help with. I'll email you when it is closer to completion. I'm not even sure where to put the help question on the NRass forums. It has 8 rabbit hole rugs. 2 rugs are children, 2 teen, lot is visitors allowed to encourage kids to play on the playground, but I don’t want a bunch of adults hanging around (mucho creepy [also, a ban on paparazzi (even more creepy-biggest reason I don’t play with celebrity/paparazzi)]). 4 Specialty school rugs are mixed child/teen. (Art (Theatre), Science (Science Facility), Culinary (Bistro), Entrepreneur (Business)). I have to ban adult careers/classes etc. from these ones, to keep them kids only. I need a lot of help to set this up and make it permanent in a world lot so it doesn’t have to be set each game.
    Sims do have an internal alarm clock of sorts and sometimes they just need to be retrained.

It's the alarm clock that I think I am dealing with. How do I retrain them.

She's on her way to work now (or rather the carpool is outside and she is teaching the toddler to walk, til one of the teens makes it home from school so I don't get pay $75 for 10 minutes of babysitting). I cheated her energy up. I'll let you know when she goes to bed again.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    On the bed, it says "Sleep". The task list icon says Sleep (10:00) when the task was assigned at 0502h. How do I set that for later. When she gets up, and I send her back to bed, it says Sleep Until Fully Rested (13:30), but she had gotten to sleep earlier this time. I'll keep her up later next time, but this time, she is going to the birthday party for the toddler. It is so much easier to have a birthday party in an overstuffed house when nobody is home.

Toddler update: After his birthday, he looks the president of the Young Republicans Club. How offensive is that. Can you tell I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum. (note lack of question mark :p )
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    When your sim goes to sleep with the 10:00 wakup hour pre-programmed, click and drag (pull) the queue list icon to the right to expand it to Sleep Until Fully Rested. There should be a "handle" on the right side of the queue item that allows you to do this. Note that you have to do that within the first few hours of the sim sleeping, the handle and the click and drag to the right feature go away after a while.

You will forgive me if I don't lose too much of my own sleep over the apparent political affiliations of your newly aged up child. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I noticed when one of my sims was sick with a illness they would wake up due to many moodlets (backache, out of sorts, etc) if you have Vector some of those make some moodlets happen more. After they were over it their sleep went to normal.

Anything else that can cause the moodlets or a cheap bed could cause it too. (Just for my experience)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    No comments on the 8 rug school? It will even have a secret society club room in the basement. You have to go through a bunch of WA type puzzles to find it.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I didn't think that was meant to be the real topic for this thread, I thought we were concentrating on your sim's sleep cycle first. My only comment is that there is no such thing as one school with more than one rabbithole, let alone 8 of them. It doesn't matter if they are building shells or rugs. What you would have there is 8 distinct schools all on the same lot, each with their own independent enrollments and staffing (the Education career) and I do not right away see you can ban the staffing part on them selectively if they are all on the same lot. Guess I would have to say good luck with that, my expectation is that it won't really work very well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    When your sim goes to sleep with the 10:00 wakup hour pre-programmed, click and drag (pull) the queue list icon to the right to expand it to Sleep Until Fully Rested.

It works. Now, will I remember to do so in the future? Probably not. :)

• Options
    edited May 2020
    It works. Now, will I remember to do so in the future? Probably not. :)
    You might if you get in the habit of checking for these kinds of interactions, there are several of them that include the right-side pull handle that are very helpful. Examples include workout (vs. workout until fatigued), skilling up (do/practice whatever it is until the next skill level is reached vs. open-ended), etc.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!