Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I admit I've never really used the club system..

Can you guys give me some ideas on how this would be a fun thing to use?
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    The club feature is amazing imo. I've heard some people create a "club" of kids and a teacher to gather for school. Teen hangouts. Movie outings. Anything you can think of doing with a group. What I love about it is that you can easily start a club gathering and designate a lot of your choice (you can designate the lot/venue in the club details panel).
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    The club feature is amazing imo. I've heard some people create a "club" of kids and a teacher to gather for school. Teen hangouts. Movie outings. Anything you can think of doing with a group. What I love about it is that you can easily start a club gathering and designate a lot of your choice (you can designate the lot/venue in the club details panel).

How is this anymore fun or useful then selected multiple people to go to a lot? This sounds like a jerky question but i don't mean it like that. I know people LOVE Get Together and I would like to start using it but don't really get what is unique about it. Thanks. :)
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    @BatmanFanGirl No doubt someone else can better explain it than myself. :D But, with the club feature, you can set up the club's members, where they meet, and even how they will spend their time by choosing the types of actions (dancing, being mean to everyone or to just other club members, singing, using the hot tub, etc) they prefer (up to 5, I believe).

You can also specify up to 5 actions the club members should not do. So, in this way, their getting together is way more specific and even interconnected. This has made those club gatherings so much more meaningful for my sims than simply inviting others to wherever.

Another plus is that the club doesn't break up until you actually end the gathering (as opposed to random sims going home early).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find it annoying when my sims are in clubs. They always get a bored moodlet if they don't gather often. Like leave me alone to decide when they should gather. Don't force me into a gathering by affecting my sims mood.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @BatmanFanGirl No doubt someone else can better explain it than myself. :D But, with the club feature, you can set up the club's members, where they meet, and even how they will spend their time by choosing the types of actions (dancing, being mean to everyone or to just other club members, singing, using the hot tub, etc) they prefer (up to 5, I believe).

You can also specify up to 5 actions the club members should not do. So, in this way, their getting together is way more specific and even interconnected. This has made those club gatherings so much more meaningful for my sims than simply inviting others to wherever.

Another plus is that the club doesn't break up until you actually end the gathering (as opposed to random sims going home early).

All of this. Especially the not leaving the lot until the gathering is over. Every time I just take a sim with me somewhere they wander off before we get to do anything. So the club makes it easier to control the length of the interaction, as well as limit and direct what autonomous actions the sims you aren't controlling will do. Only exception is if you have a club gathering in San Myshuno during a festival, the festival behavior can override the club behavior.

It's also fun to me when I take a sim to a restaurant and one of my clubs that meet at "Any restaurant" shows up in the background, doing what the club is designed to do. Honestly, my clubs meet more often when I'm not playing them because I often get too busy to schedule gatherings. But it's kind of nice to see them around.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

All of this. Especially the not leaving the lot until the gathering is over. Every time I just take a sim with me somewhere they wander off before we get to do anything. So the club makes it easier to control the length of the interaction, as well as limit and direct what autonomous actions the sims you aren't controlling will do. Only exception is if you have a club gathering in San Myshuno during a festival, the festival behavior can override the club behavior.

It's also fun to me when I take a sim to a restaurant and one of my clubs that meet at "Any restaurant" shows up in the background, doing what the club is designed to do. Honestly, my clubs meet more often when I'm not playing them because I often get too busy to schedule gatherings. But it's kind of nice to see them around.
    ^ This. I like background clubs. I created a bunch for sims I don't play at all, they're just doing stuff when my own sims are at venues. Cosplay club, bowling club, karaoke club, etc.

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Check out this thread for some cool use of clubs. It inspired me to make loads for my game

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965449/clubs-clubs-clubs/p1
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I see it was already mentioned but YES background clubs are the best. To see the sims you have selected to hang out at the place you selected doing what you selected. I'm a rotational player so for me these clubs consist of my played sims and townies.

Clubs are also good for meeting sims. Maybe the sim you want to meet is already in a club and it will be a "natural" first encounter for them. Or you could have a specific group of sims who are looking for new friends.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well, for me, like the others said, sims don't abandon you in the lot while the meeting is going on and there are no time constraints, like with events.

And I love just clicking the option to do a thing together instead of herding them around.

(You can choose from tons of activities to set for the club that they don't HAVE to do, but it's still nice if you want to have them all woohoo, be mean to each other, play don't wake the llama, etc.)).

It's also easier to find a certain group of friends to invite when planning events.

There are other useful ways to use clubs without them actually being, well, clubs:

If you like family play and you have your relatives scattered in different households, it's good for family reunions. You take them to the park and they actually hang out.

Or you can make a club with, say, all the cousins or all the adults for when you need a specific portion of the family to do a specific thing.

Also, when you just want to travel to a lot with several sims, you can only pick sims your sim already knows, right?

But with clubs (and I do this often, this is just an example), let's say you have a sim with the erratic trait and you want them to meet other erratic sims to take over the world or just form a support group idk.

Your sim creates the club, don't make it invite only, and set erratic trait as a requirement to join. This way, when you click on add member, you'll get a list of sims with the erratic trait to add them even if your sim has never met them. So you can start a meeting and get to know them and do stuff with them when you probably wouldn't have before.

You can have rival clubs and make a group of spellcasters constantly fight with a goup of vampires.

You can create a weird cult for your celebrity sims where they are required to dress a certain way (they automatically all change into this when the meeting starts) and be creepy.

Or just a good, old-fashioned swingers club for your wholesome suburban sims who may also have a bowling team.

I say explore the lists of available activities. There's always one I've missed that inspires me to do something random.
    Post edited by j1z1 on
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Neither I.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    I am really enjoying Get Together. I have two clubs I use at the moment, one is my Wellness group who gather to do yoga, sauna stuff, basketball and swimming. And they all just hang around and chat and it's great that the interactions happen naturally. The other is a movie hangout one, and that's been great as they switch on a movie or hang around the fire and I don't have to force them to chat.

UhwFUui.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wow you've inspired me! There are endless possibilities! It really comes up to our imagination.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have a Public Enemies club for evil sims to discuss evil plans and be mean to all.

j6DSwHZ.png
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Most of my clubs are more functional than 'fun': I use clubs for kids and teens to summon potential friends and dates, and for help with projects. Once I had a club that consisted SOLELY of my sim and the sim he was trying to date. One of the few limitations of the club system is that sims can't be excluded by gender, so sometimes I can't fill the club with potential dates because it only shows me so many sims.
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I mostly use the club system for my elders. They play cards, chess, read, chat and eat alot. Really looking forward to adding the rocking chairs and knitting to the activities. :)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I use clubs a lot for finding romantic prospects for my sims.

Lately I have been using MCCC for story progression, a lot of sims my sims meet are already married. So I make a club with two requirements: "Young Adult/Adult" and "Not married." This is an easy way to create a group to get together to find good matches.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Oh here's another way I use a club - for "funerals."

The club has outfits suitable for a funeral - all black attire. You can add multiple outfits in each category so sims will randomly wear one of the outfits set up for the club. (If you have Seasons, you will probably want to set up club outfits in the "Hot" and "Cold" categories as well.)

I have a mod that adds additional club activities - specifically I wanted the "Mourn" activity. The club I created has the following activities: Mourn the Dead, Hug, Give Speech.

The club meeting location is a cemetery I set up for this purpose. In addition to areas for gravestones, I added a room where they can all gather and "give speeches" etc.

This club works great for me - all the relatives are added to the club, and it is "passed" down from through the generations. Hint: before the club leader dies, make sure another sim in the household becomes the new leader. One way is to kick out every other sim except the new leader so the leadership doesn't get passed on to a non-playable sim.

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I tried to use it to make a club for the Strangerville mystery, but lo and behold the activities that I wanted for the club wasn't available. I wanted to have the sims meet up and spy on sims with the spy station, but nope. It's basically the only club I've wanted for my sims with the club system, and maxis forgot to add activities. My one major complaint about the club system is this, that there isn't enough activities.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I use clubs to bring together extended families for happy hour or backyard / pool parties. As someone mentioned, it’s also fun to setup clubs to meet at “any restaurant” or “any bar” so they’re fun background crowds out and about town. Without clubs, I feel like only the weirdest clown NPCs are out for other Sims to meet. So I also use clubs to encourage the game to populate public lots with Sims I like to see around.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm not a big fan of the clubs, I'll even go into the president's household of NPC clubs & disable their gathering location, because they can be a nuisance in the venues sometimes. I think the only time I ever actually used them was when I had a lot of families with children, so I created some neighborhood "cliques", but never really had them gather. In fact I disbanded them after a while & can't even remember why I formed them in the first place.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    As other people mentioned, background clubs are awesome. I also play rotationally, and I had a Sim make a beach club that hung out at any beach and did all sorts of summer/water activities. Then sometimes when I'd visit a beach with a different Sim the club would also gather at that beach and start doing their own activities. That was always fun.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's good for a lot of things. I mostly use it to create social groups, but it can also encourage you to get your sims out of the house. I have
    • Sims that meet at the gym every Wednesday to exercise.
    • A small group of friends that watch TV and movies every Friday.
    • A karaoke group.
    • Family gatherings.
    • Cults.
    • A gang of kids/teens that will bully other kids/teens.
    • After-schoo activities for kids, like a swim team that meets at a public pool.
    • Private schools, where the club system ensures that all the kids will do their homework together and build their skills.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2020
    For me, clubs are equal parts fun and functionality. Bowling teams, movie goers and cliques liter my games. I like having family clubs too. In households where there’s a lot of kids, starting a meeting so they all do homework or clean means I don’t have to click each kid to get them to do what I want. Another family club is making it easier to have extended family over. Before Discover University, I also had a community college where sims could skill up together.

I also also use the club system for multi family lots like small apartments and trailer parks so I can lock doors per unit. I get bored playing a single sim but having them in a multi unit lot means there’s usually a sim around to play with.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I really like it! I just never know which new ones to like create. I always just go back to the old ones I create all the time. I either do a dance version, a movie version or bowling.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020
    @idmarko do you play with aging off? If you play with aging off, you might get annoyed with the generated NPC clubs always bothering you. I suggest you make your own. I’d be annoyed with those invincible NPC folks stalking my Sims too.