Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Heres what I also think, who's too say that this will only effect the world that was ship with this pack, it might effect them all for all we know, your sims actually joining the community it all worlds and voting what happens, Most people complain on the forums about how perfect the worlds are, this would shake something up lol

While you can save lots to move to other worlds you can't move the base/lab from Strangerville to place it in another world. To have Strangerville conditions you have to play in Stangerville and it is small and has very few lots to build on.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The lab is locked, you cant even edit it and strangerville is a game pack, not an expansion, seasons is an expansion that effects all worlds, like I said maybe that's why echo lifestyle is an expansion not a game pack because it might effect all worlds @PHOEBESMOM601
  • Options
    RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I see a lot of people suggesting they shouldn't take ideas from the older games, but I think they absolutely should. Because the older games have a lot that Sims 4 still doesn't have, and if this expansion is introducing even a little bit of things we used to have 10 years ago then ay, I'm cool with it lol but where are my faeries
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would be very surprised if the pollution existed in other worlds, just because of the resources it would take to redo all of the backgrounds in every world. If they had spent resources on that, there wouldn't be much left for the variety of gameplay features we've already seen.

But they have said that the community space can be added to any world, so I assume it's a new lot type. And the Neighborhood Action Plans seem to go with those spaces so can also be used in any world, most likely. And the crafting elements will be usable in any world. I think the real factor in whether this one is worth the expansion pack price will be how well developed the community space aspect of gameplay is, and whether it is versatile enough to feel unique enough in different worlds and with different saves to have a game-wide impact and replayability.
  • Options
    capturethemagiccapturethemagic Posts: 249 Member
    Ravenna wrote: »
    I see a lot of people suggesting they shouldn't take ideas from the older games, but I think they absolutely should. Because the older games have a lot that Sims 4 still doesn't have, and if this expansion is introducing even a little bit of things we used to have 10 years ago then ay, I'm cool with it lol but where are my faeries

I agree, where are the faeries? That's on our priorties, friend.
    c22f90da185c99d211adfff586bffe45.png
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I understand the backlash this pack is getting, but the fact that the Sims 4 Developers are trying to show pollution and not just making the Sims a perfect sunny, no-pollution world is admirable. I know some games that would rather not add pollution, or the sort of thing we see nearer the start of this trailer, but I find it, quite frankly, an admirable decision. Personal opinion, though.

Very good point. That's the part of the pack I love the most (considering I can already send sims to clean up Sulani). I find it somewhat funny that the part I most want (the "dirty" apocalyptic world) is the part the pack's main feature does away with. I am wondering what my options will be, but I'll know soon enough.

Maybe they can add to this pack by coming up with a "Zombie-themed" occult pack that plays into the "dirty" apocalyptic world? I mean, overlapping content am I right? Couldn't tie in better imo!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm starting to think the real mistake was that the trailer emphasized the clean up the environment (which will probably be limited to Evergreen Harbor) and wasn't very clear - at least until you read the pack info on the blog/EA site - on the Community Space which will be usable in all worlds.

Now, is that enough gameplay? Possibly for some, probably not for others. But now that I know it's usable anywhere, I'm really curious as to how it will be set up, and how it can be used. Can the community lot be a home base for a club? (Junkyard meeting place for a bunch of free range kids, maybe?) what happens when you don't vote one week? Do NPC's campaign for their desired use for the lot too? (I'm guessing no, but still.) Does the street clutter and smog come with the community lot as some have speculated, or is it just making a lot act like the festival places in City Living? Or is it something else?

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of Evergreen Harbor both before and after, I'm all about sustainable living and cleaning up the environment both in game and IRL (I'm less good about the sustainability IRL, but it's in the plan.) But I really think that the community lot and how that works should get a deeper look, and maybe would have been a more broadly appealing hook than the environmentalism.
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member

Yes!! I’m always for Sims 4 taking ideas from older games as long as it expands them with new and interesting gameplay. They don’t have to copy it exactly, just make it different 😁

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Did I just pre-order? Oh, yes, I did. I loved the eco-focus on Sulani - my Sims will have fun with this!

Yay, me too!! When I saw it on sale for £21.99 I just could not resist!!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if the pollution existed in other worlds, just because of the resources it would take to redo all of the backgrounds in every world. If they had spent resources on that, there wouldn't be much left for the variety of gameplay features we've already seen.

But they have said that the community space can be added to any world, so I assume it's a new lot type. And the Neighborhood Action Plans seem to go with those spaces so can also be used in any world, most likely. And the crafting elements will be usable in any world. I think the real factor in whether this one is worth the expansion pack price will be how well developed the community space aspect of gameplay is, and whether it is versatile enough to feel unique enough in different worlds and with different saves to have a game-wide impact and replayability.

They managed to add seasons to all the worlds though didn't they 🤷🏻‍♀️

Honestly the community lot thing is a good thing. I'm kind of hoping we can campaign to have whatever (functioning!!!) foodstalls we want on it.

But yeah idk I can't decide one way or another on this pack. I still don't really get it and would like to learn more about it. Especially the amount of new objects we can craft and activities we have. Like did we see anyone make juice or whatever that is in the trailer? No right?

I'll repeat what I said about Strangerville: didn't get that at all either at first. Still salty about a lot of stuff regardless with this pack but they've got about a month to convince me. So I'll give them that.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm just saying that it is a possibility and we dont know anything at this point, it's an expansion pack for a reason I'm just saying, it could effect all worlds maybe not just the one
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Your faeries are tiny little things that follow Spellcasters around.
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    As someone who doesn't get overly excited for packs but buy them anyway, this pack is one I do feel excited about. It's adding more realism into the game in terms of how you live having an impact on the environment, i.e littering resulting in bugs or treading in some questionable stuff. I am also excited that the candles shown in the trailer seem to burn down. I've always wanted functioning candles and there's just so much more ways for me to add to my current saves. I know it may not be everyones cup of tea, but it's something I really am excited for based on what I've seen. At least I know when I pay for this I'll be putting it to use unlike some other packs I've bought but not found a way to incorporate them in.
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Is that a chick in a Bee Box? Has a bee box been repurposed as a chicken coop?

I am not sure what that was?? I dont know if it is a chicken...I thought it looked like a worm. If we cannot tell what it is, then the graphics need to be fixed.

You're not alone. A lot of Simmers thought that it was a chicken. Apparently, it is an unidentified "animal". It could be a worm or even a caterpillar. I really hope that the Sims Guru could enlighten us. :D

I hope it's a proper wormery!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    Tell me everythime you want to use that world in another game, you will have to clean it up. How funny is that.

Who said you have to?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Tell me everythime you want to use that world in another game, you will have to clean it up. How funny is that.

Who said you have to?

Haven’t you played strangerville?
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I'm really excited for the new EP, I've been waiting for an Eco pack since the first community vote. So great work so far.

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2020
    nat6127 wrote: »
    can you please fix it so their names change when they get married please. its driving me crazy. even an option for his name her name or both

I've wanted this since day one. At least have a pop up with the new name that we can either accept or change. We shouldn't be forced to go into CAS every time there's a marriage. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this.
  • Options
    LorelzzzzzLorelzzzzz Posts: 1 New Member
    HOW ARE YOU GUYS NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS I'M SO PUMPED 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Lorelzzzzz wrote: »
    HOW ARE YOU GUYS NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS I'M SO PUMPED 🌺🌺🌺🌺

I was excited for this the first and maybe the second time a pack tackled this topic. The fourth time is not as exciting, especially when it's the sole theme for this pack.
  • Options
    DesnaPrimeDesnaPrime Posts: 1 New Member
    How many lots does it give? I have no interest in having my sims walk around picking up garbage and such but a nice big number of lots would be lovely.
  • Options
    radiantheartradiantheart Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm pretty excited about this one. :D Even my mom, who has no interest in games whatsoever, thought it sounded cool. So many fun things look to be included. And what looked like 3d printing and silkworms. Possibly. Curious about new premade families and stuff too!
  • Options
    TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Love it ♻
  • Options
    lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    Tay-way654 wrote: »
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    I see a lot of thing that I like, such as new piercings, earrings and tattoos, the cardboard dollhouse, new bikes, ladders, juicebottles. At this point not enough exitement for an expansionpack tbh but I'll buy it anyway...

I hope there will be a possibility to switch the change in pollution/enviroment on and off (if you don't feel like cleening up, or you want it to stay the way it is), as there should be with Sulani and Strangerville as well.

Someone also mentioned the possibility to get really sick from all the pollution. I hope that will be in the game! That people will get illnesses and infections from the dirt everywhere. And not for 3 hours like other sim-illnesses, but like 2 or 3 days (and more medicines than just one bottle for everything) Eating fruit and drinking the fruitjuices will increase the chance of getting sick.

Still exited for other features and stuff we don't know about yet.

If piercings, earrings and tattoos, the cardboard dollhouse, new bikes, ladders, juicebottles are the reason you buy an ep is kind of foolish. Think about how all of those things could have simply been added into the original sims 4 game or how they could have added those things within an update. EA will continue to screw us over in order to make an extra buck.

Luckaly for me I don't need anyones approval to buy this expansion. 😎
  • Options
    Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    So disappointed. I guess being disappointed is par for the course with Sims 4.