Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody else not receive the pizzas they order?

Whenever I order a pizza there's a 80% chance I don't get it! I give up! I pick up the phone, order the pizza, choose the flavour I want and it says your pizza is on its way but it never comes. Especially if I'm in Britechester or Sulani I've noticed.
Super annoying when I have a party happening of company over and no pizza shows up. Anybody else have this issue??
tumblr_mjgcdaX8gw1rfyso2o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    That did happen to me last week, the one time I had my sims order a pizza. My sim did live in Britechester at the time.
    I did remember it being a bug that was fixed a while back, at least I think so? But I suppose it's broken again.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've ordered pizza in Britechester and received it ok. But it does take a loooong time to arrive and my sim is usually starving and eating something else by then.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I don't believe I have ever ordered a pizza in TS4. I have occasionally conjured one with Delicioso.

That said, IRL, my local family chain has been Johnny On The Spot with prompt, reliable delivery all through the isolation hassle. Yes, I tip. Generously.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    It happens to me once in a while. I just really have to keep an eye on either the elevator/downstairs (depending on where she's living) or just the entryway in general. It's really annoying, but hopefully they fix it soon. I feel like even in past versions of Sims, this has happened too. I could be wrong though.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It hasn't worked for me in a long time, I don't bother using it anymore
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yeah, I hardly ever use it because I know it hardly ever works.

P.S. Off topic, but I love your signature quote thing! That's so me too!
    Onverser wrote: »
    It hasn't worked for me in a long time, I don't bother using it anymore
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I usually have to order pizza twice. At least I don't have to pay for the first order.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    It always works for me, and comes pretty quick too. That reminds me, I had a Sim order a pizza yesterday and totally forgot like right after 🤣. I wonder how long the delivery person waits before they give up and leave. I have a mod that notifies me when anyone knocks on the door, I probably just missed it (it's a big house with a big family and LOADS of stuff to take care of 😩, so..), or maybe it didn't even come, I don't know.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Yes I frequently have to order them twice. It always turns up on the second attempt though.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I didn't know this was a bug. I had a sim order pizza once and the delivery guy didn't show up, I thought that maybe I had missed him because my sim was doing some other stuff at the time, and the pizza guy left without leaving the pizza (in TS2 if you didn't answer the door to the delivery guys, they left the food behind and you got free food :) ). Anyway, long story short, my sim had to order pizza again and it arrived this time.
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I forgot we had that option in TS4. I tried ordering twice and it they never showed up. Now I see why I forgot smh
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Make sure you don't have "Private Dwelling" as a lot trait. IIRC, if you do, the pizza doesn't get delivered.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It's rare that I have my sims order pizza but when I do, it's usually hit and miss. Sometimes it actually works, sometimes it doesn't. It has always been that way in my game.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t even bother with pizza because it’s so rare to actually receive it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Faraway_SonFaraway_Son Posts: 142 Member
    EA are just trying to keep your sims healthy, because healthy=productive. If you order pizza and it actually arrives, they might order it again tomorrow night and the night after...then you have a health crisis on your hands. Obesity, high cholesterol, high blood pressure...before you know it half of your sim population are unable to work. They sit at home watching daytime TV munching on crisps and left over pizza from the night before...your sims actually start enjoying life, inviting friends, having parties...being very unproductive! So...when you order a pizza in Sims 4, keep that in mind.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    I've never received pizza that I've ordered. 😆
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Recently tried to order one from an apartment, waited ages whilst checking both my apartment door and outside the building before getting a notification saying that I hadn't picked it up so it had been left at the door. Paused immediately, absolutely no sign of my pizza or the delivery person.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have had that issue, sometimes it means there isnt a service sim for it yet ordering a second time right after is how i got around it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I guess I have a regular pizza delivery guy . Never had issues of pizza not being delivered. Never had to order twice either.

Though I've never ordered it in Britechester or Sulani.

I see him all over the place.
    53h6Vdz.png

Even delivering pizza during a blizzard, heh!
    EzPNfvQ.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2020
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I guess I have a regular pizza delivery guy . Never had issues of pizza not being delivered. Never had to order twice either.

Same here, it's always the same woman and I see her out and about all the time too.

50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've ordered once but never received it. So i never tried again...
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I gave up on the pizza. It never comes.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have found if you order much past about 5 p.m. it won’t come, I generally try to have my sims order between noon and 3 p.m. and it generally works out.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I thought for a second you were talking about real life😅😅😅
    But, I’ve had this game since launch and never knew there was pizza😳😳. How do I order pizza?
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I ordered one yesterday for my Landgrabb family and got a message saying 'You never showed up to pick up the pizza so I've charged you and left it outside for the ants to eat'. My sim was stood near the front door the whole time and there was no pizza. I checked the whole lot and no pizza anywhere.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg