Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Evergreen Harbor Discussion Thread

The New World coming with the Eco Expansion has already been revealed. This is a place to discuss Evergreen Harbor. From what I've seen it looks like Windenburg with mountains. There may also be a beach and lakes in this world and I'm hoping they will be swimmable.

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Surely, at this stage, this is better suited to the "Speculation" board?

I am hoping for a Pacific Northwest feel (Evergreen is also the name of a college in Olympia, Washington).

It sounds from the description as though it will be a dynamic environment, along the lines of Mua Pel'am in Sulani, that changes in response to gameplay.

I am trying to imagine what a Community lot looks like in an Ecological context. Community garden? Co-op? It's hard to guess from one GIF of a turbine and a paragraph of text, which is all that there is to go on at the moment.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2020
    I thought it would be suitable for the packs discussion cause it's part of the Next Expansion Pack but maybe it should have been in speculation.

The trailer is 1:35 long so I'm sure some details of this world will be revealed Tomorrow.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know if it makes any sense or if it fits in any way, but i'ld love it to be inspired in Alaska.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I Wonder it will have more lots.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Another look at the new world:

6U2Y74X.jpg
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »

6U2Y74X.jpg

I love this! I'm getting apocalypse vibes.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Looks like it's going to be an industrial town. There will probably be a big harbour, with big boats, maybe cargo ships.
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »

6U2Y74X.jpg

What!? This pack confuses me, and I am not convinced a trailer is going to clear it all up. The theme feels so random.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2020
    Saw lots of small lots, probably why they did the small living stuff pack, buy the Murphy beds that would be useful in this pack, from another pack. Very EA. I did like that the lots were really close to each other like in DSV.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,876 Member
    Saw lots of small lots, probably why they did the small living stuff pack, buy the Murphy beds that would be useful in this pack, from another pack. Very EA. I did like that the lots were really close to each other like in DSV.

It's called cross pack functionality. Lots of requests for smaller lots.
  • Options

It’s also called a money grab move
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I like the style of the world but it looks really small. Couldn't see any neighborhood that showed multiple lots near each other - just a few solo lots surrounded by tons of unusable world decor.
  • Options
    Just realized some of the lots had a open plan..that would be a pain with seasons installed. Sims would be freezing to death
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It has waterfalls as well.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It has waterfalls as well.

That was a dam, not a waterfall. :)
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    The new description of what can be done has me more interested than I was initially. You can decorate your house just from dumpster diving and even make your own clothes. I think the things I thought were baby chicks are actually like silk worms.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/expansion-packs/the-sims-4-eco-lifestyle
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    There's two shots that seem to show several lots very close to each other. I'm hoping for a decent size world.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,876 Member

It’s also called a money grab move

Yes, I prefer to see it a plus. 😊
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I really want to know more about the town. Especially the premades
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I took screen caps. It looks pretty!

BWIaShQ.jpg
    YXn5Ulp.jpg
    zWzTKOh.png
    2JdLYKm.jpg
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this. I actually like that they think about cross-pack functionality like conservation activities. Makes the Sims world feel more connected when similar themes can exist in multiple towns. I thinks its cool they focus on environmental aspects in multiple packs.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I tried counting... I guess its having like 11-12 lots..
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    They put in that old railroad garden path thing that’s in New York!! That was nice to see in the trailer.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It looks very much like the Pacific Northwest of the US to me.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm a bit tired of happy rich sims, this self-sufficiency thing could be a refreshing change for me.

I'm tempted to leave the world in it's original poor-stricken state.