Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 wishes

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
edited November 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
[This discussion was created from comments split from: Community Voted Stuff Pack - Let's do this again!.]

Comments

• Options
    IlyIly Posts: 17 Member
    Hello, I never found the vote of the 18th nov. at 10 place but what I can, I can tell you what kind of wishes I have. - I think the timeline goes too fast. 1 minute through 1 second is too fast. - The birth day would be nice when the baby is born. - The baby should not be named by the operator if it is born while the player is offline. - A stray cat or stray dog could take and own from the street. - I have so wait that the my sim family in Sulame could set up a farm. There are good examples of Farming Simulator. - It is good that part-time work is possible in Sulame. I have wait the short work time and now I got it. Thank you. These are my wishes. If you like it there would take these at your work table. :-) -
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Ily!

I've moved your post to a new thread in the Ideas Corner - thanks for sharing your thoughts! ;)

Last week vote was related to a new Stuff Pack we are collaborating to create - find the details here!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    What I wish for is sick Sims going to the hospital like pets do. The medicine I do like but I want my sick Sims to go to the hospital to get cured or to get checked on. I do think we should have a seasonal illness and bring grandma chicken noodles soup in the game. Also have kids and adults be off of school in for like one or two days. A literal call off work/school sick.
    You've probably have seen talk about this over and over but I wish is for a new Preteen lifestage if not in Sims 4 then in maybe future Sims games if there's is any more if not then in Sims 4 please. Preteens do act and think differently hopefully someone can go to a elementary school look around then go to a middle school and see how different those kids act.
    I wish for more wedding stuff and you've probably saw me say this over and over but I want a double ring for my female Sims if that's possible like the engagement ring and the wedding band. Also we need a couple of more dresses, gowns, and veils long and short veils, I do want a bachelor/bachelorette party no people dancing out of cake but do have party games.
    I do wish for strollers for the toddlers like you can take pets around neighborhood bike around neighborhood why not stroll around neighborhood like Sims 3 also jog with the jogging stroller around neighborhood.
    Sims couple holding hands while walking outside in the neighborhood like in Planet Coaster.
    Rocking chair for the elders I miss that in Sims 3 I remember this old man in Sims 3 everyday used to come by my Sims house to visit and sit and rock in the rocking chair I loved that feature.
    I wish for more generation stuff. Please and thank you.

• Options
    RosesandPlumbobsRosesandPlumbobs Posts: 1 New Member
    What I wish for sims 4 is them to release a pack for babies. Not toddlers. Babies. I want my baby showers, my baby sims to learn to crawl. I want baby outfits and for sims to enjoy the first years of their life outside of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 crib! And I want more stylish cribs. The toddlers, kids and teens have there amazing packs yes but I miss the sims 2 days when you could actually carry your baby around, change their diaper on the change table etc. I don't know how to put this on the idea corner so here it is! I WANT BETTER SIMS 4 BABIES
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    What I wish for sims 4 is them to release a pack for babies. Not toddlers. Babies. I want my baby showers, my baby sims to learn to crawl. I want baby outfits and for sims to enjoy the first years of their life outside of the plum crib! And I want more stylish cribs.

Same here.
  • Options
    yachtgothsyachtgoths Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree I wish sick sims could go to the hospital. What I really wish for is character creation expansion similar to Sins 3
  • Options
    yachtgothsyachtgoths Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn't get to finish typing or fix my typos lol. I wish zodiac signs were back and they added additional traits like Capricorn adda thrifty, Libra adds flirty. I wish we could choose favorite foods and drinks again. I wish occult sims had werewolves and fairies. Just wish there were more options like there have been in the past.
  • Options
    TokamiTokami Posts: 8 New Member
    I just wish there was more sim customization (zodiacs, turn ons/offs, more traits, zodiacs, fav color, fav food/music etc)
    But mostly I just wish there was more actual gameplay, especially for children. Realistically I probably wouldn't play much of sims 4 if it weren't for mods. Which is sad, because I feel like the sims 4 concerns itself too much with looking pretty and not very much else. Dont get me wrong, I like the sims 4 but the majority of packs leave me wanting more and getting bored with very quickly
    I would love more supernaturals. I knew realm of magic would only be witches, but I was really hoping it would of had more.
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I wish for cars and better babies!
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited December 2019
    Create a style, or a least color wheel
    More traits and more traits can choose
    Favorite & zodiac sign
    Fear emotion
    Non-elder no so easy to dead by emotions
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    I already went on a rant on another thread, but there are two things I would really, really want:

1. MORE UNIQUE SIM CHARACTERS; with crushes, favourites (colour, music and food), zodiacs, natural like/dislike of certain sims (trait specific perhaps), more wishes that give direction to important life choices (who to marry, how many kids, what job, which club to join, etc) and awarding them a more aspiration points when fulfilled because they are a big part of what that specific sim wants. Also elder sims have lived a certain life that should/could influence their behavior/mood. It would be nice if they could reflect on their life with something like a nostalgic mood that is either sad or happy depending on what memory they are thinking about (looking at photographs/photo albums or telling stories about the old days).
    2. TIME TRAVEL/HISTORIC CONTENT; I would really like to be able to let my sims stories take place in a certain age. Maybe its too difficult to set ages like seasons but maybe they could be vacation destinations that come with time travel. Favorites are the middle ages and the Victorian age, but also a apocalyptic age would be appreciated. Maybe also more retro content from the 20s, 50s, 60s and 70s. They could also be used for more elder specific content.
  • Options
    AthensiaAthensia Posts: 1 New Member
    Some things I wish the Sims had -

More chores. It seems like there is very little housework to be done. Could make it optional the same way laundry only needs to be done if you have the objects on your lot. I think things like vacuuming/watering decorative plants/making beds could make it a bit more realistic, and make maids/butlers more useful. Kids could get money for doing chores too.

More dynamic personalities. It seems like personality traits only spark buffs/debuffs once in a while. It would be cool if certain traits gave more unique interactions.

Places to put things in inventory, other than shelves. Chests, nightstands, etc.

Eat/read/drink while in the bathtub. Even though we have multitasking , this doesn't seem possible in the tub.

Stock market/investments. It seems like we reach a point where money stops being useful. It would be fun to buy/sell stocks and maybe lose all our money once in a while.

Hotels. It would be fun to run a hotel/bed and breakfast.

Swimming in any body of open water. Currently this can only be done on the tropical island.

Better babies. They sort of just sit in the basket and chill or cry. It would be cool to have a baby sling/ be able to dress them up/watch TV with them. Baby showers would be fun too. And it would be cool to be able to run a daycare.

Family relationship options. Things like a father having the option to interrogate his daughters date, a mother in law giving unsolicited advice, or two siblings fighting about unfairness. Just more unique dialogue options that only exist between certain relations.

Weird couple fights. "You did the dishes wrong" "don't change the channel I was watching that". It would make relationships feel deeper.

More recreation options. Board games, family trivia night, amusement parks, charades, kids building forts, competitive swimming.

A cooking festival. It could have a pie eating contest, and you could bring a dish in to be judged.
  • Options
    Firequeen_76Firequeen_76 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m not really sure where this should go. I’m trying to find a spot so please let me know if this isn’t it.

What I would like is in the gallery I would like folders. So I can put all of my families into a folder or certain lots sizes into a folder. I would like it to be easier to find things and I would like them to be more organized.

Thanks
    Firequeen76
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I stumbled across this article on Digital Spy. It's fun to see what people think outside of the bubble of the forums.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30380958/sims-4-2020-packs-poll/
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Yes to more baby stuff, favorites, and zodiac signs that add trait behaviors without adding more traits. Isn't that what the zodiac is supposed to do, anyway? Right now all my sims kinda feel the same as I play them. TS3 and even TS2 had more unique and interesting behavior. BTW you can use CC cribs and bassinets with a little tweaking, that's what I do.

HORSES! PLEASE! And unicorns, too.

Lycans and fairies.

I find it HILARIOUS that climate change is a thing people want in the sims. It's supposed to be a fantasy world....oh, wait, in that case it fits right in! Nevermind.
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    • Sick sims go to hospital
    • Improve off grid living
    • MULTI HOUSEHOLD LOTS PLEASE!!!!
    • Improve babies
    • Adopt stray animals
    • More playable careers
    • Smaller grid for build mode
    • Climate change because it is real and not a fantasy
    • More options for creativity when in live mode
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    A pack with more depth and that could tie in every pack be expansion, game, and stuff. That would influence players to want to buy the packs because something will exclusively happen or get extra besides just the content. University actually had good game play by keeping the schedule of work, and fun with my sim. The townies pulling me away in conversation kept it going. We need something that keeps pulling you in. Something not easy but challenging. Having your sim actually work for something in game play that has a great reward once completed that differs for each played sim giving that character something unique, irreversible and hidden.
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    Oh... more instruments let’s get bands going! Singer, drummers, even flute. Have the leveling of the skill for each instrument sound incohesive and build up to a well performance in the group.
  • Options
    kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    I also hope to see in Sims 4:

-multifuncional lot because
    I want to fix apartment shells in City L. EP
    -open neighborhood
    -underweater lots
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    What I think would be cool is something for elders. Elders don’t really do much apart from retire. Sims 3 Generations was good in a lot of ways, but elders got nothing in that pack apart from the walking canes and a couple of social interactions. Maybe introduce skills like knitting, a bingo hall location, the option to have their grandkids over for the night as a social event (things to do could be cook a meal, play a game, read them a bedtime story, maybe have an occasional tricky situation eg one feels unwell, or starts making a mess, but overall it wouldn’t be too hard to deal with).

Making babies better would be good, too. I age them up ASAP because the crying just gets annoying after a while. I’d like it if you could customise their sleepsuit, as one small thing. And then maybe stuff like being able to bathe them, introducing solid foods, objects they could play with etc.

Favourites would be a good idea. You could set the favourite meal/colour in Sims 3 but you didn’t get any kind of moodlet related to it. So, in Sims 4, you could set your Sim’s favourite colour to red and favourite meal to pizza, and they’d get a special moodlet from eating their favourite dish, and they’d be happy if they were wearing an item of clothing in their favourite colour, or they bought an object in their favourite colour, or whatever.

Making school more interactive could be cool. Things to include could be seeing/picking their timetable for the day (and them having a favourite/least favourite subject), having to practice for a music recital or school play or similar. Oh, and more school clubs aside from just scouting. Sims 3 was ok, although kids could only do ballet or scouts. Teens had a wider range of options and could do more than one, which was fairly realistic. Ideas could be dancing, theatre, martial arts of some kind, orchestra, choir, debating, that kind of thing.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I stumbled across this article on Digital Spy. It's fun to see what people think outside of the bubble of the forums.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30380958/sims-4-2020-packs-poll/

Nice list. I would go with hotels, school play, winter vacation, climate change... cars would be cool too. There's a lot that would make me happy.
  • Options
    JaxDuPontJaxDuPont Posts: 2 New Member
    I'll never forget when I first came upon The Sims when I was 13 years old in 2000. I went with my mom to a computer store because our PC was acting up. It was taking FOREVER, and there was a computer with The Sims set up on it. I played it for about an hour and begged my mom to get it. She obliged me, and I woke up in the middle of the night that night playing it. After a week my mother, my sister and I had our own sims and houses.

Needless to say, I have been playing The Sims for 20 years. A new game comes out, I get a new computer to support it, and I'm not kidding. I remember doing odd jobs around the house so I could make enough money to buy expansion packs on Ebay for The Sims 2.

I fell madly in love with The Sims 3. I work in fashion now with a lot of creative freedom and I LOVED the color and pattern wheel, it beyond disappointed me when I saw it wasn't in The Sims 4.

So, as a 20 year Simmer, here are things I wish were in The Sims 4:

1) More playable careers
    2) University to be more like University in Sims 3 with frats and sororities
    3) Cops, robbers, firemen...why are they gone? I remember waiting until I could afford a burglar alarm! The suspense too when fast forwarding and night and then BAM! You saw that creepy little white and black striped shirt, woke up your sim to fight it.
    4) Bring the color/pattern back from Sims 3, it drives me CRAZY when I can't stand the clothes and wallpaper, or match woods.
    5) More interesting babies
    6) Cars! Bikes, jet skis, etc. are fine, but bring on the cars! Motorcycles!
    7) I LOVED when parents got random invites to a weekend away and the teenagers could throw a party. Bring it back!
    8) More vacation spots, I wish Sulani and the city had hotels so you could rent a room and stay, not have to travel back and forth
    9) A memory book, like there used to be. Born, mastered this, fire!, aged up, won a fight, struck by lightening, first kiss, first woohoo, won a scholarship, got accepted to college, graduation, first loves, best friends.
    10) More recognition of family members, can't lose touch
    11) More actions for grandparents and aunts and uncles, option to call them to babysit rather than nanny or daycare.
    12) Likes and dislikes, favorite color, favorite food, favorite music, favorite movie genre, do they prefer men or women, human sim or alien, preferred body type, hair color, eye color, personality. It's pretty annoying that everyone can fall in love with everyone. It would be funny if they had a quirk like only likes someone that can play guitar, only likes celebrities, only likes good cook, a bad boy, a geek, a jock, etc.
    13) All sims can max cooking skill if they cook enough, not all sims should be able to be good cooks
    14) They should be able to become bands, play gigs, become famous
    15) Careers should only have one person in top level positions. Sims should know who the teachers are, the head of business, the top people in government, the notorious criminals, etc.
    16) I think it's really funny that they have favorite drinks at bars. I made my family and my sister prefers the most expensive of the red wines, sounds so true to life! Can't they advise what majors they're interested in, sweethearts, careers?
    17) One thing I don't like...building houses. I used to love it. I've had The Sims 4 for years and I have yet to master build mode. I can't figure out how to make raised foundations and roofs are just messy, they don't merge together nicely.

There's more, but these are definitely those that are on my mind each time I play.
  • Options
    commwheelcommwheel Posts: 11 New Member
    What I wish for The Sims 4 is a better books/writing gameplay. What I thought about is:

When it comes to gameplay:
    1. Make books useful - reading books now only serves having fun, learning skills, and achieving 1 aspiration - no more. I'd like to see something more to it... for example, the Sims could talk about certain books, could wait for a book to be published and then have a holiday related to it (something like the TV Show event?); for now, books are... useless
    2. A new interface for bookshelves, which would be more easy and readable, for better organisation
    3. More genres... For example, the non-fiction category is just too broad. We should be able to distinct between a reportage, a history book, a philosophy or science book... Genres should be well-organised and well-deliberated, so that we do not get too many of them, but we don't end up with "non-fiction" category, whilst having a "biography" as a separate genre.
    4. Audiobooks. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to listen to a book through headphones? There could also be a new radio station dedicated to listening of books read out.
    5. Special book types, related to the University education (like textbooks), Strangerville (for example, after completing the puzzle we could have a new genre unlocked that is dedicated specifically to Strangerville mistery; or maybe just a one-time option to write this), travel locations, careers, secret lots, etc. etc. Also, there could be an option to write a very long and tough book (with some random events, like during space travel or something) that would be a Masterpiece, like in the Sims 3. We should also be able to write a biography of a certain Sim from our world, or an autobiography.
    6. Newspapers of different kind. Daily Sims (a regular newspaper), Foxbury Science Review or Britechester Academic Journal (you know, an academic journal), LlamaSport (a sports newspaper), etc. etc.
    7. A new 'write a book' interface. Instead of choosing a genre on laptop, we could only have an option to 'Write a book...'. Then, a new window would pop up, in which we would be able to: write a title, write a description, choose genre, choose COVER, and maybe other features of the book as well.
    8. A new process of writing. Process of writing is now such a boredom. You sit down, write, and a book pops up in your inventory. In my opinion, it should work as follows. 1) you choose 'Write a book' on your laptop or another device (I'll get to that later); 2) you choose title, genre, cover, etc.; 3) you write; 4) you finish writing and can see the quality of your book if published now; 5) you can either choose to edit the book (and improve its quality if your writing skills are high enough) or send the draft to the publisher immediately; 6) when you choose to send the draft of the book to the publisher, you should be able to pick from, e.g., 3 different publishing companies; 7) the companies shoud have different conditions, for example, one will force some changes to the book, but will pay you more in royalty and give you more fame, one will not force any changes, but will pay you the least in royalty and will give you little fame, one will be interested only in skill handbooks and will give you moderate amount of money and fame. For example, of course. The point is to make the gameplay more personalised, more interesting and more realistic. The changes forced or suggested by a publisher should have a chance to improve or worsen the quality of the book. 8) after signing a deal with a publisher, we would have to wait a certain period (a few days maybe) for the premiere 9) after that, we would receive a copy of our book by post, and would be able to buy our books; we should also be able to sign a copy (as a famous person) or be asked by our fans for an autograph on a copy of our book
    9. Book sagas? So we could have part I, volume IV, prequels, etc.
    10. A literary notebook on our phone (like for gardening or fishing), in which we would be able to write down ideas about special places (like Sixam, or other hidden lots), special Sims (like Father Winter, Hermit, etc.), and other special, unique features. Those notes would then unlock those book types/genres that were mentioned above.
    11. A new minor skill: bibilology (or something new related to books; writing skills is a very broad skill) that would unlock new interactions with books, writing devices, new covers and other features. Would be useful in the business I am describing below. I couldn't think of plenty of stuff it could be usefull for, so I am hoping someone will help with that, and that is why I think it should be a minor skill.
    12. A new business: bookstore. Sims would be able to buy books, as well as unique books, newspapers, or books-related accessories.

When it comes to objects:
    1. Collections of books; there would be books hard to find, that would be another collection to complete!
    2. More books, new books.
    3. Lectern, maybe, so we could read a book outloud.
    4. A printer, so we could print or re-print a book... This is a very loose conception...
    5. An empty book and a typewriter - so there would be new devices on which Sims could write their books!

It starts to look like a gamepack. Those ideas need improvement, of course. Some of them are non-essential, but some of them I find definetely needed in the game... The books/writing gameplay is very boring and useless. It needs some refreshment, and I would love to see a gamepack/expansion dedicated to books and writing. I hope people will improve this idea and support it. I'm out, waiting for response!
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    Here's what I'd like to see:
    -More situational awareness
    -Round staircases
    -More roof types
    -the ability to put fences on edge of lot
    -More interactive interactions
    Lack of a better term
    -The option to not have randomized townies spawn
    -Movie theaters
    -More pet stuff
    probably as a free pack
    -Toddlers ask to play with adult
    as opposed to telepathy
    -Adults can tell toddlers no
    -Give the option to discipline toddlers for throwing food off tray
    -a small table for toddlers that they can eat at as an alternative
    high chairs
    I could probably go on forever, but I'm gonna keep it short.
  • Options
    AnnoyingGiraffeAnnoyingGiraffe Posts: 2 New Member
    I think we should be able to rent houses. Similar to the system in apartment buildings, but let us edit the outside as well. We would pay, like, 1/50 of the house cost every week or with the utilities bills. That way sims can have cute houses without us having to money cheat