Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nicki Minaj's Queendom Mafia | Town Wins!

Comments

• Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Looking at the rules:

A lynch happens when 50% + 1 voters agree (Majority Lynch).
    Once the hammer happens, you cannot unvote nor vote other people.

Keyen, you mean when a 'hammer happens' in the first line, right?

So we be using hammers in this game. Ooh boy. Time to mess shizz up. XD

Yup. I still do not completely understand the hammer mechanic, but now's a great time to learn!

It’s actually not “hammer mechanic”. It’s called a “majority lynch”. It happens when a certain number of votes needs to be met in order for the lynch to happen. We have 13 players, and the half of 13 is 6, then we add 1. 7 votes must be needed to lynch a person. If it wasn’t met during the end of day, no lynch will happen.

When a player is the last person to vote a player who is about to be lynched, that is called a hammer.

For example, Player A has 6 votes. Player B then votes Player A, bringing the votes to a total of 7. Player B hammered Player A because Player B is the last person to vote Player A.

Once the player was hammered, day will come to an end.

There is also a “plurality lynch” where the mod lynches the player who has the most votes, even when hammer isn’t met at the end of day.

Idk how yall play games here but hammer should always be in a mafia game. It’s one of the basic mafia rules. Hammer can end the day once it is met.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Looking at the rules:

Yup. I still do not completely understand the hammer mechanic, but now's a great time to learn!

It’s actually not “hammer mechanic”. It’s called a “majority lynch”. It happens when a certain number of votes needs to be met in order for the lynch to happen. We have 13 players, and the half of 13 is 6, then we add 1. 7 votes must be needed to lynch a person. If it wasn’t met during the end of day, no lynch will happen.

When a player is the last person to vote a player who is about to be lynched, that is called a hammer.

For example, Player A has 6 votes. Player B then votes Player A, bringing the votes to a total of 7. Player B hammered Player A because Player B is the last person to vote Player A.

There is also a “plurality lynch” where the mod lynches the player who has the most votes, even when hammer isn’t met at the end of day.

Idk how yall play games here but hammer should always be in a mafia game. It’s one of the basic mafia rules. Hammer can end the day once it is met.

This is my first time with the hammer thing 😂 The last two games, we just decided that the player with the most votes is lynched after 24 hours. If no one was voted, no one was lynched. If a tie was met, the person who first received the last vote was lynched by day's end. This will definitely be interesting.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looking at the rules:

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Looking at the rules:

These long games don't tend to be played with hammer :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm still randomizing roles lmao

Btw, are yall okay with 48 hour days and 24 hour nights?

or let's just stick with 24/24?

• Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

I would be fine with either.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member

48 is too long. And would 12 hour nights be too short? If so, 24/24 is ok.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'd prefer 24/24 tbh
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I like 24/24, I would prefer shorter nights like Sophia said but if those are too short then 24/24 is all good
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Okay, we'll do 24/24.

I have spamblock. Can someone please send me a private message if they haven't received their role yet?

Please don't announce you sent me a message lol

• Options
    edited April 2020
    You could use your night abilities simultaneously as long as it can be used at night. Also, pay attention to my posts in pink as they are important announcements.

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Looking at the rules:

I’ve almost always done the way Coffee explained but we have used the plurality lynch a while ago when I first started and we just called it the hammer mechanic.
  • Options
    CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Sooooo. When do we start?
  • Options
    I will start Day One in 2 hours. Right now, let's just chill cause I assure yall this game is going to be chaotic with all the power roles we have. :D

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,284 Member
    Thank God days last 24 hours cause it is literally bedtime for me 😂😂😂
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Just to be clear, only one alignment/faction will win.

• Options
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »
    this game seems like it's gonna be epic

I agree! This looks like a great game to be my third 🙂

I remember Keyen used to host the best games (he always has, just I remember how awesome they were when I used to play back in like 2016 before I took a break)
    So trust me you'll love it

I remember when we first played and hosted mafia games, we were playing it the wrong way lol

• Options
    xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    this game seems like it's gonna be epic

I agree! This looks like a great game to be my third 🙂

I remember Keyen used to host the best games (he always has, just I remember how awesome they were when I used to play back in like 2016 before I took a break)
    So trust me you'll love it

I remember when we first played and hosted mafia games, we were playing it the wrong way lol

that is very true tho LOL
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Looking at the rules:

I’ve almost always done the way Coffee explained but we have used the plurality lynch a while ago when I first started and we just called it the hammer mechanic.

Isn't the plurality lynch the one that we also do? 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I will start Day One in 2 hours. Right now, let's just chill cause I assure yall this game is going to be chaotic with all the power roles we have. :D

What time exactly will the day start?
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Days and Nights should always start at 7 PM EST.

I fell asleep lol. Day starts in 15 minutes!

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Days and Nights should always start at 7 PM EST.

I fell asleep lol. Day starts in 15 minutes!

Happens to the best of us. I've missed a flip by at least four hours before.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Is it time? 😂
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    me waiting for the flip like:
    tenor.gif?itemid=13052487
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    He freaking fell asleep now, didn't he? 😂
    x3vZicL.gif