Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which themes you want for those 2020 packs?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    @Karon I think it’s possible that horses may be coming not as pets (meaning not part of the household, less developed than in TS3), but rather farm animals that can be used as mean of transportation and that you have to take minimum care of (feed, clean), I think this version could fit in a game pack.
    Again pure speculation on my part :) .

Honestly, I'd stop playing TS4 if that were the case. I've been waiting for horses since release.

But why would a farming pack have horses as pets? Farm animals are working animals.

@secretlondon123 if you look at them like objects... ok but they aren't working animals. You can have a pet horse, Lady Gaga had one. Some people have pigs and chickens as pets too. I t depends on how you perceive their existence as animals and friends or food and working animals.
    @Karon I think it’s possible that horses may be coming not as pets (meaning not part of the household, less developed than in TS3), but rather farm animals that can be used as mean of transportation and that you have to take minimum care of (feed, clean), I think this version could fit in a game pack.

Honestly, I'd stop playing TS4 if that were the case. I've been waiting for horses since release.

But why would a farming pack have horses as pets? Farm animals are working animals.

@secretlondon123 if you look at them like objects... ok but they aren't working animals. You can have a pet horse, Lady Gaga had one. Some people have pigs and chickens as pets too. I t depends on how you perceive their existence as animals and friends or food and working animals.

But that's not really farming, though?

I know this is the sims - the animals are going to be cute and not taken to an abattoir. I expect what we'll get is crops/gardening with some picking/jam/wine etc. We'll also get some toy/pet animals which will be cute and pet-like. The nearest we'll come to animal husbandry will be chickens laying eggs.

It will be aimed at young girls, and young girls in adult women's bodies.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

But that's not really farming, though?

I know this is the sims - the animals are going to be cute and not taken to an abattoir. I expect what we'll get is crops/gardening with some picking/jam/wine etc. We'll also get some toy/pet animals which will be cute and pet-like. The nearest we'll come to animal husbandry will be chickens laying eggs.

It will be aimed at young girls, and young girls in adult women's bodies.

You appear to be unaware of just how dark a young girl's mind can go...

We could also have sheep and wool, cows/goats and milk. If we get pet animals out of a farming pack, it most likely will be horses because horses are already in the code.

And my mom had a dozen horses on a non-commercial farm. Ask horse people - they're companions, not just working animals.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love some bouncy goats, some happy llammas, or even a territorial male sheep. Even if you keep one as a pet, you would still need to milk or shear them. Chicken lay eggs even if they are pets.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @crocobaura exactly, you don't need to kill/torture or treat animals bad for them to provide meat/food. Of course in highly industrial farms they end up suffering, but we are talking about small farmers. You could have pigs as a pet and to get their poo to fertilize the plants (like a the best super fertilizer or something crazy in sims like a golden poo that makes your plant sell 2x more than before... then they would reset to be a regular plant and you would need to feed your pig to get more of his fertilizer haha).
    Than other pets like sheeps, llamas, rabbits, cats and dogs can all have their fur trimmed to make wool in real life.
    Some of them, as well as cows, can provide milk... you could make chees out of it, or butter or whatever...
    chickens could give you feathers (like, not forced, but those that fall naturally) to decorate stuff/collect/craft diy stuff... they can lay eggs, roosters could wake up your sim in the morning, etc
    there's a long list of things that farm animals can do/produce, but they can also all be pets if you respect them, take your time to learn their behaviours and teach them stuff.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

And my mom had a dozen horses on a non-commercial farm. Ask horse people - they're companions, not just working animals.

The chances of the sims 4 going anywhere dark is nil. It will be cloyingly saccharine, nauseatingly disneyfied.

What's a non-commercial farm? A toy project for people with another source of income?
  • Options

The chances of the sims 4 going anywhere dark is nil. It will be cloyingly saccharine, nauseatingly disneyfied.

What's a non-commercial farm? A toy project for people with another source of income?

Non-commercial may have been the wrong term, But I did mean it as a farm (or, in my mom's case, ranch) where their crops or animals are not the regular/primary source of income for the household. Usually they're smaller, older family farms that are being priced out of the market by corporate farms, or just small farms that maintain smaller crops as a side income because it's the family's land. They're not "toy projects" by any means (that's just insulting.) Heck, my husband grew up on a small dairy farm - where his dad also worked as a Die Cutter in a factory and his mom was a cleaner.

I don't know where you live, but where my mom lives, there are a lot of farms that fall into this category. There are also lots of smaller horse ranches with a dozen or fewer horses that truly straddle the line between being pets and working animals - as do the goats, chickens, rabbits, geese, ducks, dogs and cats that are to be found on them.

I don't expect the sims to go dark any time soon, but treating farm animals as pets is not nearly as far outside of reality as you seem to think it is. So either you have an unnecessarily stark view of farms, or an exceptionally saccharine opinion of pets.
  • Options

Non-commercial may have been the wrong term, But I did mean it as a farm (or, in my mom's case, ranch) where their crops or animals are not the regular/primary source of income for the household. Usually they're smaller, older family farms that are being priced out of the market by corporate farms, or just small farms that maintain smaller crops as a side income because it's the family's land. They're not "toy projects" by any means (that's just insulting.) Heck, my husband grew up on a small dairy farm - where his dad also worked as a Die Cutter in a factory and his mom was a cleaner.

I don't know where you live, but where my mom lives, there are a lot of farms that fall into this category. There are also lots of smaller horse ranches with a dozen or fewer horses that truly straddle the line between being pets and working animals - as do the goats, chickens, rabbits, geese, ducks, dogs and cats that are to be found on them.

I don't expect the sims to go dark any time soon, but treating farm animals as pets is not nearly as far outside of reality as you seem to think it is. So either you have an unnecessarily stark view of farms, or an exceptionally saccharine opinion of pets.

There's nothing like that where I live (London, UK). You do get rich people buying houses in rural areas which I'd presumed this was - I don't know if we have small scale actual farms in the UK at all. I've always lived in British cities.

I did volunteer in a city farm quite a few years ago. They were very keen to teach children that farm animals die for food.
  • Options

There's nothing like that where I live (London, UK). You do get rich people buying houses in rural areas which I'd presumed this was - I don't know if we have small scale actual farms in the UK at all. I've always lived in British cities.

I did volunteer in a city farm quite a few years ago. They were very keen to teach children that farm animals die for food.

Oh, I've never had any illusions that animals die to provide us with meat. My mom had an extended joke about what it's like trying to raise a Steer that you get as a calf that I first heard when I was 8. (Step one - name it something like Sir Loin, or T-Bone...) But just because you can recognize that an animal is being raised for slaughter doesn't mean it's not treated well or even as a certain degree of pet. When it gets to animals like dairy cows, goats, chickens and other animals that provide non-meat resources it gets even fuzzier, and then "working" companion animals like horses, dogs and cats are fuzzier still... to the point where I'd certainly not blink at horses being considered pets.

Now, the Sims is never going to have animals sent off for slaughter, to be sure. And there will be no calling the knacker for old horses or anything like that. But that doesn't mean having animals treated as pets on farms isn't realistic. From what I've seen, it's not uncommon at all.

(And I think farms like this do exist in the UK. Or at least the one that also doubled as a B&B I stayed at in Wales back in '98 was very like the farms around my mom's place which is in the Midwestern US.)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @crocobaura exactly, you don't need to kill/torture or treat animals bad for them to provide meat/food. Of course in highly industrial farms they end up suffering, but we are talking about small farmers. You could have pigs as a pet and to get their poo to fertilize the plants (like a the best super fertilizer or something crazy in sims like a golden poo that makes your plant sell 2x more than before... then they would reset to be a regular plant and you would need to feed your pig to get more of his fertilizer haha).
    Than other pets like sheeps, llamas, rabbits, cats and dogs can all have their fur trimmed to make wool in real life.
    Some of them, as well as cows, can provide milk... you could make chees out of it, or butter or whatever...
    chickens could give you feathers (like, not forced, but those that fall naturally) to decorate stuff/collect/craft diy stuff... they can lay eggs, roosters could wake up your sim in the morning, etc
    there's a long list of things that farm animals can do/produce, but they can also all be pets if you respect them, take your time to learn their behaviours and teach them stuff.

I would love a rooster that sings every day at six, seven, and eight in the morning and will wake my sim up. Pigs could also be able to find and bring you some truffles. Also chickens are kept in some areas as pest control, to protect against scorpions because they will literally eat everything.
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I would like a Music EP with a singing career, bands and new instruments or a travel EP with resort and differents locations to visit with activities.
    For GP, I'd like a relationship/romance GP.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I feel like we could get a showtime-esque EP with a singing and dancing career and possibly magicians. It would be live performances similar to showtime, but I feel like if they went that direction they should do more modern performances we see on stage today, so like singing and dancing... maybe bands? 😂
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    more family play and more activities for other age groups other than young adults and adults. teens having sleepovers, kids having recitals, graduation events ect.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    My wishlist for new packs include:

Occult: Fairies, Werewolves, and an overhaul of magic so Kids can be Spellcasters (the animation is in the game already there is no reason they couldn't cast basic kid friendly spells like Scrubaroo and HomeworkCompleteio). More magic themed lands with a medieval look.

Family: More vacation worlds with activities for kids too. Make it like Sims 1 Vacation where they can play carnival games and go on a snowboard half pipe.

Overall: An overhaul of relationships and more NPCs. Add things like zodiac signs, more traits (or make the existing ones do more stuff), preferences of favorite music, food, colors and an attraction system.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    My wishlist for new packs include:

Occult: Fairies, Werewolves, and an overhaul of magic so Kids can be Spellcasters (the animation is in the game already there is no reason they couldn't cast basic kid friendly spells like Scrubaroo and HomeworkCompleteio). More magic themed lands with a medieval look.

Family: More vacation worlds with activities for kids too. Make it like Sims 1 Vacation where they can play carnival games and go on a snowboard half pipe.

Overall: An overhaul of relationships and more NPCs. Add things like zodiac signs, more traits (or make the existing ones do more stuff), preferences of favorite music, food, colors and an attraction system.

@Felicity1169 I would love the snowboard half pipe and this in sims 4:
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    I think a Private/Boarding School EP is better than just a School EP

School EP will be like the hospital, in GTW which means one for all worlds. It's stupid.

Also, the boarding schools from Generations can make a comeback.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Boarding_school