Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which themes you want for those 2020 packs?

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @Louise_G0325 I want all your ideas now, please! These are exactly what I want too. Except I would add a fleshed out Alien pack too - maybe to your future pack idea...??

I want these to be a thing so badly! Not too hot on the farming idea though (just not something I would particularly play with all that much) but I would be more excited if it came with horses! I really miss horses for some reason and I didn’t really play with them all that much in 3!
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Don't know what we'll get, but what I'd like:

Relationships GP
    Fleshes out all relationships so sims really have meaningful and deep relationships with each other. Family, friendships, romances and enemies. This would bring a lot of depth to sims and make it more rewarding to actually foster relationships with sims. Also includes many ways to ruin others' lives via rumours, scheming etc (includes manipulative trait). TS3-style gossiping returns, as well as a chemistry system. Sims having things in common becomes much more important, and new and improved interactions reflect this (trying to impress by talking about others' interests, skills etc).

Hotel GP
    Like Dine Out, but for a wide variety of resorts and hotels in any world. I would like if you can make hotels/resorts multi-functional, for example adding custom menu's for a dining hall or room service, spa areas etc.

Farming EP
    Beautiful and relaxing rural world with farm animals, markets and many things to do with produce: jams/preserves (including certain flowers and herbs), canning, soaps and perfumes. New produce (ex. grain, corn and oats), and many new recipes: butter, ice cream, yogurt, various fruit pies etc. Emphasis on peaceful, off-the grid (or fancy with tractors etc) life where you can raise, grow and craft everything you'd need. Would be cool if alpacas are included and you can harvest their wool for use in the knitting SP.

Venice EP
    A world that is a hybrid of Venice, France and general characteristics of Italy. Would include Renaissance and French build mode styles and a very romantic atmosphere. New gameplay includes nectar making, candy making, a new type of cuisine (maybe fine dining: a branch of gourmet cooking), new instruments (ex. the lute) and maybe vintage toy-making. The world has a lot of rich history and is a capitol of fine handcrafted things in the Sims world. Perfect for a romantic getaway, living like Cassanova or for just pretending you're in the 1500s.

Alternatives
    I have posted detailed explanations of all of these ideas, so if you're curious or want to read more, just browse my posts.
    • This would feel like a bit of a rip-off from Island Living, but I deeply yearn for an enchanting scuba diving experience. A GP that delves into this underwater world woud take my breath away. It would be a bonus if it adds some more flesh to mermaids.
    • I really want an EP with a beautiful ancient Japan-themed world with winding mountains, misty lakes etc. Gameplay could include koi fish breeding and collection, advanced tea making, calligraphy, toy making, real martial arts, ethnic dances, new produce (rice, kelp, cherrie blossoms + cherries etc) and recipes.
    • It would be great to have an African-themed pack (GP or SP). The SP could simply give some beautiful decor, CAS and appropriate gameplay (maybe pottery, since much of Africa has very clay-like earth that is used for pottery). A GP could focus on safari and add a wildlife biologist career.
    • Furthermore, I want an EP that brings a futuristic eco-friendly city. Gameplay could include many careers that focus on the high-end ( interior decorating/architect, stylist and graphic designer), futuristic activities as listed on one of our community SP vote packs (esports, egholf, gadgets etc), eco-friendly tech like solar panels and recycling, and fancy blue drinks served in metal bikinis.
    • Finally, you know I want that Pirate EP. I don't need to say much about it. Just follow the link in my signature.

AYYYYYYY our active scuba diving passion continues! Remember the Island Paradise concept we made?
  • SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    One word: Werewolves.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Elves, Fairies, Genies, Lepocauns, Pixies & Werewolves.
    PLEASE!!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Don't know what we'll get, but what I'd like:

Relationships GP
    Fleshes out all relationships so sims really have meaningful and deep relationships with each other. Family, friendships, romances and enemies. This would bring a lot of depth to sims and make it more rewarding to actually foster relationships with sims. Also includes many ways to ruin others' lives via rumours, scheming etc (includes manipulative trait). TS3-style gossiping returns, as well as a chemistry system. Sims having things in common becomes much more important, and new and improved interactions reflect this (trying to impress by talking about others' interests, skills etc).

Hotel GP
    Like Dine Out, but for a wide variety of resorts and hotels in any world. I would like if you can make hotels/resorts multi-functional, for example adding custom menu's for a dining hall or room service, spa areas etc.

Farming EP
    Beautiful and relaxing rural world with farm animals, markets and many things to do with produce: jams/preserves (including certain flowers and herbs), canning, soaps and perfumes. New produce (ex. grain, corn and oats), and many new recipes: butter, ice cream, yogurt, various fruit pies etc. Emphasis on peaceful, off-the grid (or fancy with tractors etc) life where you can raise, grow and craft everything you'd need. Would be cool if alpacas are included and you can harvest their wool for use in the knitting SP.

Venice EP
    A world that is a hybrid of Venice, France and general characteristics of Italy. Would include Renaissance and French build mode styles and a very romantic atmosphere. New gameplay includes nectar making, candy making, a new type of cuisine (maybe fine dining: a branch of gourmet cooking), new instruments (ex. the lute) and maybe vintage toy-making. The world has a lot of rich history and is a capitol of fine handcrafted things in the Sims world. Perfect for a romantic getaway, living like Cassanova or for just pretending you're in the 1500s.

Alternatives
    I have posted detailed explanations of all of these ideas, so if you're curious or want to read more, just browse my posts.
    • This would feel like a bit of a rip-off from Island Living, but I deeply yearn for an enchanting scuba diving experience. A GP that delves into this underwater world woud take my breath away. It would be a bonus if it adds some more flesh to mermaids.
    • I really want an EP with a beautiful ancient Japan-themed world with winding mountains, misty lakes etc. Gameplay could include koi fish breeding and collection, advanced tea making, calligraphy, toy making, real martial arts, ethnic dances, new produce (rice, kelp, cherrie blossoms + cherries etc) and recipes.
    • It would be great to have an African-themed pack (GP or SP). The SP could simply give some beautiful decor, CAS and appropriate gameplay (maybe pottery, since much of Africa has very clay-like earth that is used for pottery). A GP could focus on safari and add a wildlife biologist career.
    • Furthermore, I want an EP that brings a futuristic eco-friendly city. Gameplay could include many careers that focus on the high-end ( interior decorating/architect, stylist and graphic designer), futuristic activities as listed on one of our community SP vote packs (esports, egholf, gadgets etc), eco-friendly tech like solar panels and recycling, and fancy blue drinks served in metal bikinis.
    • Finally, you know I want that Pirate EP. I don't need to say much about it. Just follow the link in my signature.

AYYYYYYY our active scuba diving passion continues! Remember the Island Paradise concept we made?

We shall fight for what we deserve :lol:
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Gamepack 1: Romance and sim interaction overhaul. A new active career therapist. It would be fun to do marriage counseling, maybe counseling for kids after a divorce. I think with a pack devoted to relationships and interactions between sims a therapist career would fit in perfectly. I'd love to have the option to turn on more in depth consequences for stuff like having affairs, getting pregnant outside the marriage. We really need more depth in our sims relationships.

Gamepack 2: Apartment building and subhood connecting. I'd like to see a few new neighborhoods come out that are more like San Myshuno and be able to build apartments and kind of have a bit more control over what neighborhoods are in my game. I'd love an option to eliminate a neighborhood from being connected to the main places I play and add different neighbohoods. I'd create a city vibe first with different city living style neighborhoods connected and get rid of hoods like Strangerville, Glimmerbrook or anything else that doesn't fit my theme.

EP 1: I'd like to see more gameplay for teens and kids which would probably be a Generations type ep.

EP 2: Since a lot of the ep's I like are out of the way I guess farming could be fun. If they add in an option to run a market as a business with it, that'll be enough to make me buy.

EP 1 or 2: I wouldn't mind a vacation EP either. I'd love to own hotels and buy vacation homes. It would be kind of cool to finally have a snowy neighborhood. Snowboarding and skiing would be fun on a vacation. I think if they did a vacation EP they would need to put out at least 2 different worlds, snowy and tropical.
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    I want a music pack, so my sim could be drummers or bass players and other instruments that aren't in the game. and I really want sims with a special power/superhero pack, could be cool. farming pack would be cool too, and having a horse riding skill. also I wish they would add more skin colors and "create a sim" options. and more negative traits like manipulative or stubborn..
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Definitely want a Generations type EP with a free baby overhaul. If EA truly wants to please their audience, they should give us a baby overhaul.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2020
    Bluelle wrote: »
    Definitely want a Generations type EP with a free baby overhaul. If EA truly wants to please their audience, they should give us a baby overhaul.

THIS! Make them like the babies in TS Freeplay with genetics, CAS items and skills! I want them to learn how to sit up, how to crawl and have baby toys for them! I really expect babies in TS4 to be like that. I would be so disappointed if it were the same old similar babies who do nothing without genetics AGAIN, but you can move them between objects or something.

Also: farming, playable schools with preteens, music (bands and more instruments), resorts/hotels, more romance, winter vacation pack and of course: GENERATIONS! GENERATIONS! GENERATIONS! And more active careers.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

THIS! Make them like the babies in TS Freeplay with genetics, CAS items and skills! I want them to learn how to sit up, how to crawl and have baby toys for them! I really expect babies in TS4 to be like that. I would be so disappointed if it were the same old similar babies who do nothing without genetics AGAIN, but you can move them between objects or something.

Also: farming, playable schools with preteens, music (bands and more instruments), resorts/hotels, more romance, winter vacation pack and of course: GENERATIONS! GENERATIONS! GENERATIONS! And more active careers.

^ Yes. I agree on everything except preteens. I'd rather have them remake teenagers so that they are their own lifestage and not just thinner versions of young adults. I don't want them to be the same height and basically be able to do everything that young adults and adults can do. Teens aren't their own life stage, they're just young adults who go to high school.
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I was thinking along these lines...Hope you all enjoy!!!

1. Tiny Living Stuff Pack - January

2. Family Fun Game Pack - April - (I hope this includes little things centered around the home)
    -giving babies a bath, diaper changing station, cribs
    -teens getting acne, acne cream, (always thought braces for a small portion of teen life would be fun)
    -couples being able to snuggle at night
    -slow dancing/kids dancing on parents' feet
    -games, such as rock/paper/scissors and tag, marco polo in the pool
    -toddlers/children jumping on the bed
    -adding soccer or swim team or chess tournaments to the kids' after school activities
    -kids able to make PB&J or use of an easy bake oven
    -sims able to watch other people play video games and root for specific players
    -making a bus show up to pick up your students
    -ordering a pizza delivery

3. Farming Expansion Pack - June
    -I was thinking this could be a world, obviously centered on farming and country life; however, it could include a grocery store or farmer's market with the update. Perhaps, a pet store could also be included where the farmer is able to acquire the farm animals or a family could adopt a dog/cat/hamster.
    -For the farm life, we could grow veggies or herbs in a bigger operation than just a backyard garden. We could have cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens to start. All products could be harvested and sold to neighbors or sold at the grocery store to support local produce. Sims could interact with the animals, just as they do with cats/dogs. (It could be fun to chase chickens or muddy pigs). A more harsh aspect of farming is butchering the animals. For the meat, sims could kill the animals (without graphic detail of course) and sell the meat or it could be put into their inventory and be place in their fridge for future meals. (I'm not certain on the last part though...). Beehives could be an added aspect.
    -On a side note: if the farm was a bigger operation, your sim could higher help, just as you would a nanny or butler. Also, this could tie into fame or reputation with the town your sim is in. The more interaction with the neighbor your farmer has, the more produce/product will be sought after and bought. This could also increase the quality of the produce.
    -side-side note: if you didn't want to be a farmer, but have a few animals at home. The milk and wool could be used for knitting or making cheese or just as milk. As the products could be sold, this could be an "at home" job for your sims to do.

4. Knitting Stuff Pack - August - (This will include all the stuff and activities we, as a community, voted for)

5. Maternal Game Pack - October
    -I've noticed many people wish to interact more with pregnant mothers or young women.
    -We already have the doctor's office. The expectant mothers could go to the OB/GYN for ultrasound, baby gender, nausea medicine; We could also send young adults/adults there for fertility treatments so we could have increase chance of twins or triplets. We could also add in the chance for alien/magical/supernatural child due to the treatments.
    -As an added interaction with teenagers, they could have menstrual cycles where birth control, feminine hygiene products, or intercourse talks can be given by parents or the doctor. (This would add a lot of realism to the game; I can also foresee awkward interactions between sims).
    -There could be specific maternity clothes, frequent mood swings, cravings for specific foods or an aversion to others.
    -Gender reveal parties or baby showers

6. Transportation Stuff Pack - Mid-November
    -This could include the long awaited vehicle/moped for teens. Animations include opening the vehicle door, listen to the radio, pull out of drive way. We could have teens study for a driver's license and driver's test.
    -There should be a garage, ability to repair the car if broken (change tire or change the oil or fix the windshield wipers); a job as car repairman could be added
    -Since we already have bikes, we could give parents the ability to teach children how to ride a bike.
    -We could also add skates with helmets and knee pads AND skateboarding; just another activity kids can do from home.

7. Entertainment Expansion Pack - January - (uncertain if this needs to be a world or if it could be added to existing locations)
    -This would include staged performances in dance or opera or Broadway. We could add various dance types to learn, such as classical ballet, modern dance, jazz, or tap. The singing field could be expanded to rap, opera, pop, and country. We could add professions, such as director or playwright.
    -There could be professional sports, like soccer, football, volleyball or basketball. We could have the sims recruited into professional sports from playing at the university. This could even be expanded to chess tournaments or talent contests, such as an art competition that is judged.
    -We could add a cinema, this could even be a film your actors have starred in. (maybe a red carpet moment?) Sims could purchase tickets over the phone, then travel to the theater. They could buy popcorn, snacks, licorice to turn their teeth purple. The movie could start at a specific time and all the sims will sit. There could be abilities to get on peoples' nerves via telephone use or making out in the back of the theater or needing to get up to use the bathroom or disciplining the children for talking or throwing popcorn if your sims isn't please with the film.
    -I mentioned this before, but these various activities could be added to children/teen after-school activities. (dance, violin lessons, soccer, tennis, ect...).
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

^ Yes. I agree on everything except preteens. I'd rather have them remake teenagers so that they are their own lifestage and not just thinner versions of young adults. I don't want them to be the same height and basically be able to do everything that young adults and adults can do. Teens aren't their own life stage, they're just young adults who go to high school.

That would work for me too.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I'd love a quarantine EP.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Eliharb LOL but honestly... I would leave that... I never leave my house in SIms 4 cuz I HATE the freaking loading screens and sometimes I get bored cuz there's not enough stuff to do at home.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »

We sort of had Strangerville where we had to clean and avoid contact with the infected sims. :neutral:
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

They do that, they kill their franchise.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020
    Big Brother real TV is a quarantine life so... Get Real EP could add this kind of life.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Amusement Parks
  • TheWilliams95TheWilliams95 Posts: 20 Member
    i feel like the sims5 just need to started like the rest but just add more details
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Romantic getaway for a couple to isolate themselves from the rest of the world & just be lovey-dovey with each other.😘😍
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    @Karon I think it’s possible that horses may be coming not as pets (meaning not part of the household, less developed than in TS3), but rather farm animals that can be used as mean of transportation and that you have to take minimum care of (feed, clean), I think this version could fit in a game pack.
    Again pure speculation on my part :) .

Honestly, I'd stop playing TS4 if that were the case. I've been waiting for horses since release.

But why would a farming pack have horses as pets? Farm animals are working animals.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member

I share your sense of humour but can you imagine the US protests? They don't find this funny.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I would want Fun Fair similar to the board walk and GP with Wear wolfs and Fairies.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would want a dangerous, spirit, ghostly theme for the next pack.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    @Karon I think it’s possible that horses may be coming not as pets (meaning not part of the household, less developed than in TS3), but rather farm animals that can be used as mean of transportation and that you have to take minimum care of (feed, clean), I think this version could fit in a game pack.
    Again pure speculation on my part :) .

Honestly, I'd stop playing TS4 if that were the case. I've been waiting for horses since release.

But why would a farming pack have horses as pets? Farm animals are working animals.

@secretlondon123 if you look at them like objects... ok but they aren't working animals. You can have a pet horse, Lady Gaga had one. Some people have pigs and chickens as pets too. I t depends on how you perceive their existence as animals and friends or food and working animals.