Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one creeped out by Sylvan Glade?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Screech666 wrote: »
    Well with the new cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) you can actually give those secret areas a little bit more than what they currently have. Bring a tent and spend some days over there like you would in the outdoor retreat map. Be creative! :)

Oh my goodness I LOVE that idea or make a little Hansel and Gretel type cottage.
    Well I know what I'm working on today. lol
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    Wow, when the supernatural EP comes out, Sylvan Glade could be made to turn into a nightmare, couldn't it? Oooh, the possibilities!!!

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Hey! I like those evil red eyes, they're my friends :smile:
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    heb2008 wrote: »
    I was just to make a post about this! Don't get me wrong, it's such a cool little nook that they included but let me tell you, it was a bad choice to decide to send my sim there for the first time when I was playing in the dark at 1 in the morning.

...I swear I heard that same sinister giggle when I finally went to sleep O.O

I love your sim! Is she in the gallery?
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I definitely have to visit this lot at night now! I didn't notice but it sounds awesome.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Screech666 wrote: »
    Well with the new cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) you can actually give those secret areas a little bit more than what they currently have. Bring a tent and spend some days over there like you would in the outdoor retreat map. Be creative! :)
    I usually build a little house and stay a few days. It's great for getting beautiful paint from reference paintings and photos. One of my sims had an art and photography gallery, so I would take her there and paint and photo graph until she had aenough to take back to sell.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    CastieI wrote: »
    When I first get/got (I didn't spend a lot of time there the first time) to Sylvan Glade I thought it was beautiful.
    I loved all the pretty chiming noises and sparkles and pink skies and rainbows.
    But then it got kind of sinister.
    It's probably supposed to be cute, but I'm creeped out by the disembodied child's laughter, as that's some horror movie crap right there.
    And the come hither female voice off in the distance. Where do you want me to go, woman?
    And let's not forget all of those red, sinister eyes off in the distance.
    b02c0fe2f0aa22b47eeffe76c20b8f8a.png
    Those def don't seem trustworthy.

And I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, or that I listened to the ambiance too long, but the longer I hear it and the longer I stay there, and the more I move, the pitch seems to turn darker like something's going to bust out of the woods and eat you.

And that is why I am creeped out by Sylvan Glade.

It creeps me out too
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    To be honest I have only been in there once right after I bought the game. Seem to recall it was quite barren.

Frankly I don't remember the answers to get in... :#
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CastieI wrote: »
    When I first get/got (I didn't spend a lot of time there the first time) to Sylvan Glade I thought it was beautiful.
    I loved all the pretty chiming noises and sparkles and pink skies and rainbows.
    But then it got kind of sinister.
    It's probably supposed to be cute, but I'm creeped out by the disembodied child's laughter, as that's some horror movie crap right there.
    And the come hither female voice off in the distance. Where do you want me to go, woman?
    And let's not forget all of those red, sinister eyes off in the distance.
    b02c0fe2f0aa22b47eeffe76c20b8f8a.png
    Those def don't seem trustworthy.

And I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, or that I listened to the ambiance too long, but the longer I hear it and the longer I stay there, and the more I move, the pitch seems to turn darker like something's going to bust out of the woods and eat you.

And that is why I am creeped out by Sylvan Glade.

I've never heard a female voice there maybe I should send my sim there again. One thing I don't like about this place is that there is never night there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »
    It would be awesome if things jumped out and could kill your Sim. I would buy that EP. :D

It's only a matter of time before EA says: Theres an expansion pack for that.
    Maybe it's a hint for the spooky stuff gamepack.
  • Options
    CloroxcleanCloroxclean Posts: 148 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    cale2003 wrote: »
    It would be awesome if things jumped out and could kill your Sim. I would buy that EP. :D

It's only a matter of time before EA says: Theres an expansion pack for that.

I won't be surprised if those were toddlers watching from afar. Just endlessly wandering, wishing they could be part of our world.

All it needs is a toddler Ariel singing "Part of Your World."
    New Sims 4 Houses All the Time
    Working on It!
  • Options
    Haleycats227Haleycats227 Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, My sound is barely noticable because the noice my PS4 makes is loud, But I was reading this, and then my child sim that i sent there started laughing, I dont know why... It was creepy and it made me jump. NEVER SEND A CHILD SIM TO SYLVAN GLADE.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited March 2020
    Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand,
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

– "The Stolen Child", W.B. Yeats

The enchanted realm is supposed to be unsettling and sinister, beautiful at first glance but disquieting. It is the embodiment of otherness, far more than mere wilderness could be. If that's the visceral response you get from the Sylvan Glade, I'd say the developers actually got it right!
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    heb2008 wrote: »
    I was just to make a post about this! Don't get me wrong, it's such a cool little nook that they included but let me tell you, it was a bad choice to decide to send my sim there for the first time when I was playing in the dark at 1 in the morning.

...I swear I heard that same sinister giggle when I finally went to sleep O.O

worse in the dark with ear phones and full stereo on was thinking the stuff was in the room with me
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    This thread is from 2015!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I remember 5 years ago when I discovered Sylvan Glade. When I got my Sim to explore it & saw the red eyes it gave me the creepers. However, I was always curious as to who the red eyes were.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Is this the place you get too when you talk to the tree? If so, I've only been there three times and I didn't even know it could get dark there. I certainly never heard children laughing or saw any eyes in the distance. That's pretty cool.