Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one creeped out by Sylvan Glade?

When I first get/got (I didn't spend a lot of time there the first time) to Sylvan Glade I thought it was beautiful.
I loved all the pretty chiming noises and sparkles and pink skies and rainbows.
But then it got kind of sinister.
It's probably supposed to be cute, but I'm creeped out by the disembodied child's laughter, as that's some horror movie crap right there.
And the come hither female voice off in the distance. Where do you want me to go, woman?
And let's not forget all of those red, sinister eyes off in the distance.
b02c0fe2f0aa22b47eeffe76c20b8f8a.png
Those def don't seem trustworthy.

And I don't know if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, or that I listened to the ambiance too long, but the longer I hear it and the longer I stay there, and the more I move, the pitch seems to turn darker like something's going to bust out of the woods and eat you.

And that is why I am creeped out by Sylvan Glade.
That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.

Comments

• Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    oh my goodness I am so out of the loop. I've been playing this game since late December and I didn't even know this place existed :open_mouth: I gotta check this place out pronto! What else have I been missing out on????
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    heb2008 wrote: »
    I was just to make a post about this! Don't get me wrong, it's such a cool little nook that they included but let me tell you, it was a bad choice to decide to send my sim there for the first time when I was playing in the dark at 1 in the morning.

...I swear I heard that same sinister giggle when I finally went to sleep O.O

I am glad I play with the sound off.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I know, I always play with the sound turned very very low so my boyfriend can play his Xbox haha I feel like I miss out on a lot though sometimes, like sinister laughter...
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    I thought I was the only one! Those red eyes creep me out. O.o
    I've never heard the laughter before though. Probably because I never went back there..
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    I only went there once. I guess I never noticed. Then again not much fazes me. I am a huge Horror buff. So little things like that fly right by me.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    Am I the only one that is disappointed nothing ever actually happens with those sinister little effects? Rather boring if I'm not actually going to be attacked by one of those glowing-eyed creatures. The secret areas have little point to them--once you've visited, there's not much reason to go back unless you're hunting for special fish or something. It would be better if something different would happen, or something really new besides just a pretty background existed there.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Screech666Screech666 Posts: 119 Member
    Well with the new cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) you can actually give those secret areas a little bit more than what they currently have. Bring a tent and spend some days over there like you would in the outdoor retreat map. Be creative! :)
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Really? I love Sylvan Glade! I find it very serene and peaceful. The red eyes are a little sinister.

And the giggling isn't disembodied. It's from the tiny pixies floating around everywhere (the shimmering balls of light).
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I was creeped out on how barren it is, for a hidden lot

:pensive:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    I'm going to see if i hear it next time i go there.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I can't say I have ever been creeped out by being there but I honestly have spent little time there. I may now that we can edit part of the lot, though. I will admit there is something sinister about the glowing red eyes. I think the children's voices are fairies, I recall seeing them flit about.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want to befriend them and so they can help me conquer the mortal world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    It would be awesome if things jumped out and could kill your Sim. I would buy that EP. :D
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I've never payed that much attention, I certainly will next time
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    It would be awesome if things jumped out and could kill your Sim. I would buy that EP. :D

It's only a matter of time before EA says: Theres an expansion pack for that.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »

It's only a matter of time before EA says: Theres an expansion pack for that.

I won't be surprised if those were toddlers watching from afar. Just endlessly wandering, wishing they could be part of our world.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think all the toddlers are hiding in there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HayleyBofDEHayleyBofDE Posts: 244 Member
    They seem to glow when you are fishing? So far they haven't meant for anything, I don't think.
  • Options
    MagicAndPancakesMagicAndPancakes Posts: 149 Member
    The Sims 4 - Creepypasta :)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited August 2015
    Its probably based on Shakespeare, The Tempest? It's the one where there's fairies playing pranks on humsnd, tempting them tocomre, and scaring them and whatnot.

Yeah I saw the red eyes but my little sister loves it and so do I
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    Where is this?
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I think it's beautiful :)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Where is this?

In the least expensive area of Willow Creek. There's a tall weird tree that you do stuff to and pick the right combinations of options to get tgere
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I think its kind of bright. I mean it looks nice and peaceful. The effects are nice. Kind of reminds me of fairies and trolls. The fairies play around and dance in the Glade while the trolls with menacing red eyes watch from the shadows...waiting....plotting. (Got to write this down somewhere XD )
    1FKDfKj.png