Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want more lot types ?

Do you want more lot types ? If so, which ones ?

Do you want more lot types ? 121 votes

Yes, we really need more lot types.
91%
crocobauraredrogue60aprilroseSimmySimianSimsweetielisamwittCamkatdanacnbrettAlrynnIsb917Bloosmooirishdragon7Mariefoxprice83Bagoas77alanmichael1catloverplayerAncientMusenymfadetermigiiina95 111 votes
No, I’m fine with what we have.
8%
starrling33PlayerSinger2010CynnaluthienrisingParmaViolet87EnkiSchmidtChazzzySinaMegapolisxstxrrysequencelittlepetko 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I really want more lot types.

Hospital, Police station (why didn’t we get them with Get to work?), School, High School, Bowling Alley, Movie Theater, Amusement park, Arcade, Ice skating/roller skating Arena, Ice cream parlor, Mall, Doctor Practice......
  • Options
    lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    There should be a cemetery lot type.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'd rather have meaningful lot traits to mix and match, along with more slots for lot traits. The lot type list is long enough as is, with oddly specific entries like "Foxbury dorm" and "Britechester dorm". Why not one single lot type and a trait that makes only students of that school spawn? Also a bar with one or more bowling lanes already is a bowling alley. An ice cream parlour is a restaurant with a specific menu. I don't want those types to clutter up the list even more.
    The whole system could use a lot more streamlining. Why not combine lounge, bar and nightclub and give us a series of lot traits that govern the age group(s) it attracts?
  • Options
    Oh yes I forgot that one !
    laciana wrote: »
    There should be a cemetery lot type.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2020
    1. lot types that allow multiple venues on one lot

this would really fix about 80% of my problems

2. Rental vacation house

I'd like to have this for any lot I want
    who is to say windenburg is not good vacation venue?

3. Buildable Apartments/Group housing

I just want to build some row houses and stuff
    and I'd like them to work properly and not have stupid restrictions

4. Hospitals, science labs, police stations etc as actual venues

why does it have to be hidden lot type of thing?
    why can't I have my scientist at sulani?
    why can't I have small hospital in windenburg?
    why can't I have san myshuno city police?

5. Home business
    it's so annoying to have to build separate venue for everything really

6. Cinema
    like um idk it kinda should be there when there is 2 packs about movies and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited March 2020
    Or we might not need so many more types as we do the lot requirements removed. Why must all my "bars" have to have a TV. I'd say 90% of the bars I've been to DO NOT have TV's. Why do all of my parks require me to have a chess table and BBQ. Again, I've been to some parks with a BBQ IRL but never have I seen a chess table in one.
    Post edited by Camkat on
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It would make a better world.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I'd really like to see a cemetery and buildable apartment lots too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Cemetary, cinema and a theatre where Sims can perform and the audience stays on their seats.
  • Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    Cemetary, cinema and a theatre where Sims can perform and the audience stays on their seats.

That's why the Sit Down, Please! mod is so popular.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I want hotels, movie theater, graveyards...
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I don't want more lot types, thank you. I would like to have more flexibility, though. The current venues aren't worth a fig. I'd bet dollars to donuts that any player could imagine something more interesting.

EA should do away with lot requirements as they did in TS3, code the game to allow the Sims to make use of all objects/activities present on a lot, and add a ticket booth or something. This way, players can create their own functional venues, with or without entrance fees, as determined by us, not EA. We should be able to create whatever we want and to have it work. It was possible fifteen years ago. With the 'most advanced Sims game yet', it should be possible now.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    1. lot types that allow multiple venues on one lot

this would really fix about 80% of my problems

2. Rental vacation house

I'd like to have this for any lot I want
    who is to say windenburg is not good vacation venue?

3. Buildable Apartments/Group housing

I just want to build some row houses and stuff
    and I'd like them to work properly and not have stupid restrictions

4. Hospitals, science labs, police stations etc as actual venues

why does it have to be hidden lot type of thing?
    why can't I have my scientist at sulani?
    why can't I have small hospital in windenburg?
    why can't I have san myshuno city police?

5. Home business
    it's so annoying to have to build separate venue for everything really

6. Cinema
    like um idk it kinda should be there when there is 2 packs about movies and such

Yes, I want to be able to have a restaurant lounge so I can have a functional restaurant and be able to have the star accolades there at the same time.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    I play on console so no mods for me. This is for current and future possibilities if an expansion/game/stuff pack was added like cars would add to gameplay

Cemeteries

Double Lot types
    with a VIP sections lot trait (currently cant have VIP restaurant because the Get famous doors will keep regular Sims out, but they will still try to sit down, get mad and the review goes down; regular Sims should still be able to bribe or sneak in)

Doctors
    With ob/gyn

Precincts with lawyer office attach ( the office can be empty if you don't have University and if you do have it then sims will populate and work in there)

Cinemas
    ( like why....isn't this a thing...)

Firehouse

Laundromat

Grocery store

Car dealership
    With smart cars

Malls

Daycare

Hotels and the ability to lend one of your homes to people visiting to earn extra cash

Elderly home where its like apartments and they get their own room and there is a receptionist/ caretaker at a front desk ( like at the scientist career) and checks up on residents like Sulani neighbors do.

A default Lifestyle Brand Lot that sells tshirts and celebrity apparel so regular Sims can truly be a fan
    The option for Sims to also own a shop and turn it into a lifestyle brand shop of themselves once they get the perk, then they'll be able to sell online and in store

Petshop
    with the addition of more pets

Amusement park lot

*Hideout lot trait (for criminals)

*Ability to own multiple homes

* Double Lot zoning where you can highlight rooms or areas that you want the VIP part to be or if it is a double lot type say the downstairs you want to specify as the lounge and the upstairs as the restaurant part or vise versa.

& so much more
    Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • Options
    I like these ideas!

I’ve been wanting a Grocery Store lot for ages!!

Also hotels, rentals, car dealership (if/when we get cars), garages (If/when we get cars....
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    I play on console so no mods for me. This is for current and future possibilities if an expansion/game/stuff pack was added like cars would add to gameplay

Cemeteries

Double Lot types
    with a VIP sections lot trait (currently cant have VIP restaurant because the Get famous doors will keep regular Sims out, but they will still try to sit down, get mad and the review goes down; regular Sims should still be able to bribe or sneak in)

Doctors
    With ob/gyn

Precincts with lawyer office attach ( the office can be empty if you don't have University and if you do have it then sims will populate and work in there)

Cinemas

Firehouse

Laundromat

Grocery store

Car dealership
    With smart cars

Malls

Daycare

Hotels and the ability to lend one of your homes to people visiting to earn extra cash

Elderly home where its like apartments and they get their own room and there is a receptionist/ caretaker at a front desk ( like at the scientist career) and checks up on residents like Sulani neighbors do.

A default Lifestyle Brand Lot that sells tshirts and apparel celebrities so regular Sims can truly be a fan
    The option for Sims to also own a shop and turn it into a lifestyle brand shop of themselves once they get the perk, then they'll be able to sell online and in store

Petshop

Amusement park lot

* Double Lot zoning where you can highlight rooms or areas that you want the VIP part to be or if it is a double lot type say the downstairs you want to specify as the lounge and the upstairs as the restaurant part or vise versa.

& so much more

• Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Cinemas, grocery stores/supermarkets, hotels, cemeteries, office buildings, daycares, tattoo parlors, hair salons, etc.
  • Options
    NerdyAJGNerdyAJG Posts: 3 New Member
    It would be great to have meaningful lots that make the game feel more immersive. Having a school, cemetery, a movie theatre, etc. would make the game that much better. It would also be great to see the hospital, police station, and science building with GTO. I don't see why we travel to them for work but can't actually see or interact with them outside of the careers. It would be cool to travel to a police station and report a crime or stop by to see coworkers.
  • Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »

Cemeteries

Double Lot types

Doctors
    With ob/gyn

Cinemas

Firehouse

Laundromat

Grocery store

Car dealership
    With smart cars

Malls

Daycare

A default Lifestyle Brand Lot that sells tshirts and apparel celebrities so regular Sims can truly be a fan

Petshop

Amusement park lot

& so much more

Any of these would be great additions to the game.
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 2020
    Some well picked lot additions would be good - but I think TS4 has badly outgrown it's lot system and an overhaul would be way more awesome.

I'd love a move to a selection of mix and match lot traits that have much more influence on lot function and sim behaviour. Maybe a system where we get to choose a primary lot trait, then 2-3 secondary traits. The primary trait defines the lot's classification and the majority of sim activity there, while the secondary activities attract less sims. For example a lot where the primary trait is library, but the secondary traits are museum and cafe - allowing you to build small functional museum and cafe areas.

Also, we should choose which NPCs show up to each lot. There's no need to have it completely controlled by lot type. Just give us a list of NPCs and check boxes. If I want a pianist at the park, why not?

Finally, live in businesses. Some of my sims already live at their restaraunt/shop. Just lock some doors to non-family and it works great. For now they 'officially' live in empty home lots they never visit just to keep them in world and playable. It works so well already, they might as well make it an actual option to live at a business.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes

Themeparks/Waterpark

Cinemas

Drive inn movie

Aquarium Exibit

Zoos

Circus

Resorts

Hotels

Car Dealership when we get cars. Sims could buy a car and it could go in their inventory.

Cemetaries Sadly this probably won't happen cause they'd have to change the game engine to how the game would handle deaths of sims your not playing.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Car Dealership when we get cars. Sims could buy a car and it could go in their inventory.

Cemetaries Sadly this probably won't happen cause they'd have to change the game engine to how the game would handle deaths of sims your not playing.

We can make car dealerships now with the debug cars. But with playable cars it would be even better. I would love a cemetary and an easy way to move there the urns of unplayable sims that die on community lots. Right now they are stuck there as decorations as I haven't figured yet how to move them elsewhere.
  • Options
    lucciealucciea Posts: 99 Member
    We need more lot types, as we dont really have much as we could have. I even had to download a mod to get more lot types because there was originally not enough lot types at all.
    im weird but i like it that way!

j8k3xea.png
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'd like more lot types, but before that (since I already have a hard time deciding what to put in which world), I really, really wish we could have dual lot types and home businesses, as others have stated. With selectable rooms like BB gives us right now, I think it would be easy enough to tag parts of a lot as public and others as private, so it shouldn't be that hard, and it would make so many things better (playing multiple sims that want to do different things, reducing the number of loading screens, and placing lots in already crowded worlds when we want to focus on one world, for instance).
  • Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I was thinking about lot types we could add with elements we already have the game and certain builds/abilities we could add for game enhancement:

1. Grocery store - ability to buy groceries, own the store, or work there would be fun and add more realism to the game

2. Doctor's office - OB/GYN for pregnant mothers (ultrasounds, baby's gender, ect..) or teens/young adults (menstral cycle, birth control, pregnancy help for twins or triplets)

3. Cemetery - When your sim dies you can visit, have funerals, bury the dead, have ghost haunt certain graves

4. Movie theater/opera/broadway - have sims sit at the start of the film/play, ability to buy popcorn and sodas and other snacks

5. Daycare - perhaps we don't even have to have the lot, but the ability to send toddlers somewhere else during the day where they can develop skill and get out of the parents hair for a bit

6. Hair salon - this could be an addition to the spa, somewhere a stylist can give the sims a new fresh look that can be permanent or temporary, new hair doos, nails maybe, makeup, teens could get facial to help with acne or redness

7. Laundromat - we could add this to apartment buildings as a place for current residents to do their laundry or a lot where sims starting out can do their laundry if they choose.

8. Petshop - buy/adopt pets, ability for kids to take a pet on just a walk (like a shelter), buy special toys or foods

9. Repair shop for cars- When we get cars, we could add garages and various vehicles. The vehicles could breakdown or need monthly upkeep where we can take the car into the shop and have it tuned

10. Farm - various farm life (chickens, cows, pigs, and sheep), we already have the gardening aspect that could easily be added plus we have beehives, we could sell the eggs, milk, and wool from the animals or sell the animals themselves for food to be added to inventory/fridge; this could be a profession and home/lifestyle
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    More lot types would be nice, but I would prefer the lot system from Sims 2.

You were able to have a restaurant and a clothing store in one for example and it was fully functional.
    The lot adapted to the objects that were there.

My dream is to have well functioning malls in Sims 4, but well.. We can't have everything :p
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR