Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored!

I need new datadisc, or gamepack at least...
I am bored. I will start new game today. Maybe! I need new!

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2020
    Wow! When I get bored, I make new stuff in-game. Like modifying buildings, New storylines. That's what I mean.
    Get characters doing stuff! Even some 'evil' ones.
    This is sooo Sims, hahaha! He has the "Mean" trait. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_5a7l_xfc
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    If you get bored very fast after a pack, time to try seeing how much value each pack is giving you. You shouldn't be in a cycle where you pay money, binge and get bored again. That shows a fundamental issue with the game itself. And it means that after the game is done with its lifecycle, you'll be stuck "bored" with it for forever.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There are mods that will add and change a few things in the game.
    KawaiiStacie has a few that I'm currently playing with.
    Slice Of Life Mod https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/slice-of-life-mod
    If there is something you don't want, you can remove the part of gameplay you don't want by taking part of it out.
    The Life Decider https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/the-life-decider
    Education System Bundle https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/better-schools-mod
    This mod has really made playing with teens and younger, and school much much better. This mod will actually force the game to have the minors learning skills while doing homework and while they are at school...learning.
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    The Sims 4 is the only version of this franchise where I have felt this way. It's not you, and buying another pack will only solve the problem for a short while (and keep costing you $$$). It's the base game. It's shallow.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    You can check out some of the vids on my Youtube channel. There several *how I play* and also a soaps series that includes many ideas for game play. Some vids are just a couple minutes, others - like the series - are +/- 20 min per episode, but you can always skip parts if you are not looking for the story itself.

*shameless*
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    It's the 'placebo' effect. I think this Sims 4 is quite entertaining, creative and thoughtful. The build stuff is quite good too. Not perfect, nothing is. The more 'perfect' it becomes, the more boring it is.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    There are other games besides Sims. I get bored in all the sims games after awhile. For me there is so much stuff that I have never even tried in both Sims 3 and 4. I tend to do the same stuff over and over in both games. Everyone seems to jump on the Sims 4 hate bandwagon whenever the subject of boredom comes up. I think it is endemic to all games. Play something else for a while even if it is only another version of the sims. I have active games going in 2, 3, and 4. I also play WOW and animal crossing. Heck I even go outside sometimes!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    If you can't find anything to keep you interested in the game then a new pack is only going to provide a temporary solution.
  • Options
    When bored... :D:D:D
    So funny!

(Contains a tiny bit of naughty Irish language, do not watch it if under the age of 13)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSvsgD7q-uI
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play rotational with all the premades. I find changing families a lot keeps things fun.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I wanted something new also ... so I am doing things in the game that are out of my norm. I decided to use story mode to create a Sim. Thanks to the game I am currently exploring what I call the negative aspects of the game. CAS story mode made my new Sim a "squeamish" criminal.
    I have a thug who gets sick when he takes out the trash. lol I am not changing his traits.

To get my head into what a criminal does I started watching Better Call Saul.

Anyway ...
    He is now attending Uni studying Villany while working at night. I thought his job would end when he enrolled in college but I guess his work hours did not conflict.

He lives with his girlfriend in a dark gothic penthouse I got off the gallery. I don't normally play in the city but after filling newcrest with micro homes I wanted a change. I am revisiting deviant aspirations and determined to complete them this time. I had him go rough up the Goths but Bella threw him out while clogging a drain. Apparently he needed the Always Welcome bonus trait to clog drains at 3 different homes. lol

Bob Pancakes cried after a fight. I feel bad but I am sticking with this story the game gave me.

Next ... the witness death thing is going to be difficult. I am going to use MCC and turn emotional deaths back on and go to a lounge. Hopefully he can tell deadly jokes without committing comedy suicide first.

I am not bored anymore but as a player I am morally bankrupt!
  • Options
    Get away from the pre-mades and make your own. Go crazy on it. I deleted the Landgraabs and made crazy Ebabits instead. Turned out to be alot of fun in the long run!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I need new datadisc, or gamepack at least...
    I am bored. I will start new game today. Maybe! I need new!

How do you usually play? Maybe try a challenge in a different aspect. I am NOT a good builder so I tried my hand at this month's BluePrint Challenge. I ended up being inspired by my own skills and making a family to move in! Now I am torn between going back to my main family or playing with this one!

What kind of player are you? What challenges you?
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    OK, normally I started so I deleted all premades, all premade houses :).
    Some times I tryed full neibrhoods with some sims family from 1 or 2... Or start my own legacies...
    I am start every game with zero money, so start is hard, but funny.
    I like create to stories, about my sims. But only in my head....

Yesterday I started new game. So this time I do not delete premades, only siblings Valore transfer to other neibrhood. Because I create eight couples (4*Adam and Eva) some as Amish as... And put they in Forgotten Hollow...

I know that game is bad, but i hope that new datadisc bring new personality... Hope...
    I try other games, I am player... But i will have funny times with sims too...

Good idea with blueprint challenge!
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    To get my head into what a criminal does I started watching Better Call Saul.

@AnnLee87 Hahahaha. That is so funny. And also I love that show.

BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Another i am bored thread... Just gonna copy paste this.

Come up with a Storyline and Goals you wanna archieve.

Dont do everything at once with a Sim. If you have a lazy gamer, dont go camping, like make your Sims unique outside and inside, treat them like charakters, because the game won't do it.

Challenge yourself in the gameplay, because Sims4 is way to easy. Here is a big list of challenges created by players that you can try out

https://simscommunity.info/the-sims-4-challenges/

If you are annoyed by certain things, try to look for Mods or CC, maybe it can Help or freshen up your game. (PC players only)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMHUaOK7B8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zytpikcRRkI

Watch Lets Plays, read Sims Blogs or Picture Threads to get inspired.

Take the Game for what it is, focuse on the good site of the game, and dont compare it all the time to the previous ones, because the Sims4 will kinda loose if you compare it.

And take a break from time to time!

Sorry for the bad englisch and
    Good luck and happy simming.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    When you get bored take a break or mix it up. I have several families on rotation with several storylines going on that I've been playing for years.. Plus I make scenes for the story I'm writing which is time consuming.

When I'm bored with one family I shift to another one and continue their story. I cc shop, or I work on a new build, start a new adventure. I know this game is missing a lot of fundamental basics but for what we do have so far there is so much to do.

A while ago I was just playing with one family,letting them live their life and go to work 9 to 5 and that was soooooo boring. I started making my own stories and adventures and I've been enjoying it ever since
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I haved a pause. I am studying, so un january and februar I have many test, so I do not have time for play...
    I downliad Slice of life and Royalty mod... So I hope for some more funny...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I took a break since october from the sims 4 because bored, i booted the game tonight, make new save, moved to a house, play for 5 mins, then quit lol.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Idk I get bored with all sims games sooner or later, even though I understand why some have this especially with TS4. Seriously, if I could stand the loading screens, I'd probably still play TS2 quite a bit. But like others have said, if you're really bored, just stop playing for a while. Or add mods. Or do things you haven't done. I find that some sims I don't attach to nearly as much as others for some reason, so if I can't get a story going at all, it's often because of that. Right now though, I'm bored too - not because of the game but because all I want to play is the new Ori game and I have to wait til next week to be able to so everything else is just temporary distraction :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I just love the comments here. People are real and not falling into the tricks and agenda of EA anymore. Best community ever!
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Idk I get bored with all sims games sooner or later, even though I understand why some have this especially with TS4. Seriously, if I could stand the loading screens, I'd probably still play TS2 quite a bit. But like others have said, if you're really bored, just stop playing for a while. Or add mods. Or do things you haven't done. I find that some sims I don't attach to nearly as much as others for some reason, so if I can't get a story going at all, it's often because of that. Right now though, I'm bored too - not because of the game but because all I want to play is the new Ori game and I have to wait til next week to be able to so everything else is just temporary distraction :sweat_smile:

I'm feeling that way about Animal Crossing. :p
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Haha :D when is that releasing? The eternal agony of waiting for stuff ^^
  • Options

Haha :D when is that releasing? The eternal agony of waiting for stuff ^^

March 20. My oldest son's birthday. Planning a bd party and wishing it was any other night. :D