Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you need to attend at Active Careers?

I get so bored of active careers do you have to attend every once in a while to get promoted?

I never do them for long enough to find these things out because I get kinda bored of going 😂

So my question is, do I need to attend the go to work with my sim in order for them to progress through their career or will ‘sending them alone’ not allow me to progress.

Comments

• Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    I've gotten them promoted by sending them alone. I don't use the active careers very often because of the bugs that haven't gotten fixed.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Both Detective and Doctor have promotion requirements that can only be done while going with them to work. If you've met those promotion requirements, you don't have to go with them (though they progress faster if you do and get gold on the day's tasks)

Actor and Scientist can (I think, it's been a while since I did actor and it's currently bugged) take care of their promotion requirements at home.
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Yeah, the scientist just requires breakthroughs, which you can have anywhere.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I wish doctor didn’t require active attendance - it gets kind of boring after awhile. The clinic is also way too enormous - my Sim spends half the time waking from room to room.

I always break the detective career because I love arresting everybody and apparently the game doesn’t take kindly to arresting Baby Ariel. 🤷🏽‍♀️👮🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Unfortunately attending with your sim is the best way to get promotions. I really wanted to like active careers but they're so very repetitive and I just find it boring. I wish they had more variation of things to do so the days didn't all seem the same.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    That's kid of the point of an active career. Attending is the key here,
    It can get annoying, I must agree.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I was happy with rabbit holes, I don't need to go with them.
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    my favourite career is the doctor/medical career it’s a shame it’s an active career.
  • Options
    OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    shanls96 wrote: »
    my favourite career is the doctor/medical career it’s a shame it’s an active career.

Yeah, I'm still trying to get through that one. I'm stuck at the point where my sim needs to operate 3 times and every time I seriously consider misdiagnosing people so I can operate on them I take a break from that sim :D

The science one was fun (the first time around), I got a lot of fun gadgets with that one. And on a lot of work days I could speed through them and have half the work day left to play chess and socialize with coworkers or workout in the gym. My scientist also opened a store with fully upgraded items, so there are a lot of sims walking around with a fully upgraded sim ray in my town lol
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I love doing the actor it is really fun watching my sims went a newbie to a star. though other main celebs of the townie take all glorie and hogs the fame. I do like science one gets work like sims ray and gets test it on coworkers lol.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Active careers are fun in rotational play, when you have a bunch of potential co-workers and see them interact at work. Or when you play a rookie police officer who gets coached by your more experienced detectives, that's extremely touching.
  • Options
    tayahjessieetayahjessiee Posts: 20 Member
    With active careers there is usually a few career levels where the promotion requirement is something that you need to follow your sim to work for, like delivering a baby in the doctor career, or making a certain number of arrests in the detective career. Other than that most of the time you can do the promotion requirements without following your sim to work.
    "They say it don't be like it be, but it do"
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love doing the active careers. I agree that it's really fun when you see Sims you aren't currently playing as coworkers.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2020
    yeah there is those annoying job tasks you have to do to get promoted

if you have done all the tasks then you can have them go on their own and just put that work hard thingy

love me some active jobs tho but those tasks annoy me i just wanna do whatever i want and not have to worry about those

(+ the progress tab things are dumb too cause how is drinking coffee and mopping floor even doctors job like im sure there is cleaners separately and im also sure no one has to drink coffee to get promoted in real life)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free