Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think the sims5 should be made so that each players can customise there own way?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    While I'm tempted to vote "yes" I see a very real problem. Let's take open world as an example. That's a lot of coding and work and people who want to play with a closed world will have less content because of it. Same with story progression. Since I want open world and story progression, I'm fine with less content in other areas, but are people who don't want those things be as happy that they're getting less?

I think Sims 5 needs a clear vision of what it wants to be, and to stick with that vision. Hopefully that will include toggles. But say they want to go on line, even though I wouldn't buy it, I hope they go all in and make the very best on-line experience possible instead of just good enough to get people to play enough so they'll buy microtransaction. They honestly need to not only have a strong vision of what the game they want to make, they really need to have an understanding of what makes the game fun and engaging.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    yes
    They have 4 different games to base from and giving players more options to adjust gameplay would be nice.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Juliet37004Juliet37004 Posts: 2 New Member
    yes
    The complexity that users want may be more than Sims 5 can deliver. As much as I would want to have things "better", every time they make a major change in Sims gaming, we lose something we loved. I.E., Sims 3, had the best gameplay of all, and then sims 4 ruined that. I stopped playing for three years because of frustration with "improvement" that either was too much for the average computer to play without crashing or were not actually better.
    Also, the inability to figure out which mods or items were causing problems in the game to remove them individually was an issue. The lighting in the Sims 3 seemed dark to me and my eyes did not like it as much, yet real-time play and a connected world were awesome. I loved raising and riding horses. Now with Windows 10, the game crashes more.
    Sims 4 seems like child's-play compared to Sims 3, the graphics seem simpler which may lessen the demands put on the system but the overall feel of the game is so much less than the Sims 3 was. It has me looking into other simulation games.