Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see Chemistry back in the game?

Also known as the “Turn On & Turn Off” system was introduced in The Sims 2: Nightlife.

More information: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Chemistry
wB2Zykl.jpg

Would you like to see Chemistry back in the game? 86 votes

Yes, I enjoyed it from The Sims 2 and would like to see it again.
80%
Frn0731OneAdorkableGirlAprilDawnCamkatbekiEvilWitch83keekee53asimbsimAuroraBoreallischrstal27WillowG145irishdragon7CynnaMariefoxprice83luthienrisingCinebaralanmichael1classicXcrimebethyGraceHaniiee 69 votes
No, I did not like it when I played The Sims 2.
2%
BMSOSimAlexandria 2 votes
I have never played The Sims 2: Nightlife but I am open to the idea.
15%
JoAnne65taydevmysph1tSims4MagicalTalesFanPhoriaPeralListentoToppDoggSERVERFRARememberJoyAngeliqueAdelaideDaWaterRatSribindiZoomerGirl 13 votes
I have never played The Sims 2: Nightlife and I am not interested in this.
2%
Evie0602Ennael 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Oooh, yes I would. I loved this feature. While it's not something I can't live without, I'd definitely enjoy having it, or something similar, back. I did enjoy seeing the bolts in the panel and it was interesting to monitor situations between the sims with this system. I would very much love to see a comeback <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,910 Member
    Only if there are more unique options for compatibility. It is so easy for Sims to develop two or three bolts for every sim they meet.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've wanted this for ages.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Absolutely yes. With ways to influence it (like with the turn offs and turn ons).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited February 2020
    yeeeesssss I demand right to choose if sims will find vlad hot or not
    they are going to find him hot

like maybe we could have sims that find hissing absolutely sexy?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2020
    Despite a certain mod that shall remain unmentioned having an extensive chemistry and attraction system based on appearance and traits, I still think the TS2 version is pretty good.

Sims in TS4 are so shallow, while TS2 Sims are the most lifelike I've ever had in a Sims game. And this isn't nostalgia. I've only been playing TS2 for two months.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like to see a better system than we had, actually. I've said this before but I'd want the ability to set chemistry between certain sims - such as ones that are already paired off.

I don't need the exact same approach as was in TS2 but I would be open to some kind of chemistry that can be random or for which you can select a specific sim.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Only if it's restrained. In TS3 it was annoying as hell when other sims would send my very happily married Sim love letters and gifts in the mail.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sims 2 had a far better approach than Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes I loved that feature , it helped me find a suitable spouse for my sim. That and "scope room"
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I remember the chemistry/zodiac systems more from Sims 3 but I would love to have them back.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes please.
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2020
    A quick disclaimer: I have never played TS2 but I like the look of what I have seen.

I voted yes because I think something like this is desperately needed in the game. Along with likes/dislikes, favourites, more relationship types, etc

@ChampandGirlie made a good point that it doesn't need to be the same exact system.

Edited because I was going off topic.
    Post edited by Remy_Geneva on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I really liked this in Sims 2. I just *also* want to see it a moddable system and something that Sims can still fight against to win someone over.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    No, I found the chemistry system way too restricted when it came to personality because not all Virgos or Cancers were the same it was a pain to change without loosing the actual zodiac, if they do bring back chemistry, I'd love them to be able to change the restrictions on the zodiac without having it change to another Zodiac because some Virgos are playful, mean or slobs.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    This is NEEDED. The idea that anyone can just be with anyone is not at all realistic. I also loved that there was potential for unrequited romance (she has 2 lightning bolts for him, but he has 1 or none for her!). This made relationships more dynamic, unique, and interesting. It wasn't just all the same. Like in life, finding the right person mattered.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Yes! I loved chemistry in TS2.

Even more, I really want to see the return of Sims having their own relationship levels with other Sims, rather than it being shared, from TS2. Basically, one Sim could think they have a high level relationship with another Sim, however, the other Sim may not necessarily feel the same way. To me, it made relationships feel more realistic. And between that and repeating interactions having negative consequences, it prevented things from being too easy.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    No, I found the chemistry system way too restricted when it came to personality because not all Virgos or Cancers were the same it was a pain to change without loosing the actual zodiac, if they do bring back chemistry, I'd love them to be able to change the restrictions on the zodiac without having it change to another Zodiac because some Virgos are playful, mean or slobs.

I love the chemistry system but I don’t like the zodiacs at all. It in reality makes no sense in the first place. I don’t look forward to it returning. I don’t act at all like the horoscope I’m somehow assigned to.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No I don't like it in Sims 2 and it's one of the reasons I can't get back into that game andget bored of it quickly
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Definitely. If for no other reason that it greatly simplifies mate hunting. Why wast time trying to win a sim that is totally turned off by yours? Much better to go with a sim that has at least some common ground.
  • Options
    lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    Anything to give Sims some more personality. Although, the game always seemed to spawn townies who were attracted to stink.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes. This makes it very easy for my Sims (in Sims 2) to find potential spouses and fall in love very quickly.