Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually had quite a few that made it - #s: 41, 51, 77, 29, 21 and 12. I considered voting for 55.

#33 isn't my fault. I'll admit that I probably do dress my female sims more elaborately, but I'm fine with the mix of stuff in this pack. I wanted some stuff for men but making it all male-oriented wouldn't really make sense.

Eh, I wish we had gotten a few more items. Last time, they threw in an extra object or two. I'm glad its not all for female sims but the pack would seem empty without some stuff like that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > And with this I have lost all interest in this pack the art style is horrible the clothing the same only voted for 50. I apologize to all the Happy Haunt people I actually thought knitting would not be bad but they truly went all out ugly.

I voted for Happy Haunts and I think you're more upset about this than I am. I may or may not buy this pack. I like some of the clothing items and I'm going to wait and see what the hairstyles look like.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, I don’t think that a single thing I voted for made it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2020
    I didn't vote for a single pet item. Just not into pet clothes. I also didn't vote for any of the hats. Its not that I didn't like them, I just don't put hats on my sims. I mostly voted for kids clothes and am a little disappointed that there are so few in this pack. The two toddler outfits we got are adorable though and are two that I voted for.

I'd like to use hats more, but most of them are too silly to put on a sim. I was excited about some of the hats from the vote, but we end up with #12 the Teddy bear hat!?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2020
    I can't believe people actually voted for 33 crop top like why would you do that p_p

+ im sad for my hats and socks TT

if winter vacation theme ever comes please include lots of hats from there for cas : < especially ear covering ones and the ones with neck piece
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ShawnedaShawneda Posts: 42 Member
    Looking forward to getting this pack when it becomes available... the look works well with the cozy vibe from Tiny Living. They'll look good on my characters in my videos.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I can't believe people actually voted for 33 crop top like why would you do that p_p

if winter vacation theme ever comes please include lots of hats from there for cas : < especially ear covering ones and the ones with neck piece

Yea I was looking foward to more winter hats. Scarfs and mittens would be nice too. I was hoping that hat with the neck and ear covering would win.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2020
    Simmingal wrote: »

Yea I was looking foward to more winter hats. Scarfs and mittens would be nice too. I was hoping that hat with the neck and ear covering would win.

yeah TT still hoping there be at least one pair if woolly socks and one pair of mittens regardless of this *trying to not sob*

those are really all I knit for clothing irl so if there is neither oh well oh well...

=there better be decorative pillows for b/b
    +possible throw blanket action
    + yarnrolls and yarn baskets

if no im gonna go angry poop
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I believe there was a lot of confusion about the CAS items being separate from the clothing items that you could knit.
    Post edited by MyTrueLoveTS1 on
  • Options
    Nooooooo, my Viking hat!!! :'(

Thank you, @SimGuruSarah for sharing some of the process!
    We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.

This is a knitting pack, not a full arts & crafts pack. Embroidery and sequins are irrelevant.

Evidently not everyone agreed with you since there were far more than 15 knitted items available to vote on.

I believe there was a lot of confusion about the CAS items being separate from the clothing items that you could knit.
  • Options
    painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Um... I think I picked one of those selections. :|
  • Options
    painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    Seriously bummed about the hat choice, as I voted for a bunch of the hats and the hat that won, wasn't one of them. Disappointed.
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited February 2020
    DISCLAIMER: Designs are still In Progress and could change during development.

I wanted to share a little bit about the gameplay and the results with you all. The CAS items numbered in blue are the items we're currently planning to let you craft via the knitting skill.

finalcas.png

With the community voted Stuff Packs we try to respect the vote as much as possible. This pack is unique in that the CAS assets have actual gameplay implications since you will be able to knit (some) of the clothing items. With that in in mind we swapped one adult female top for a child sweater(#80) in order to have something to knit for kids. This child sweater was ranked 23rd in overall votes.

The current plan is to let you unlock different clothing knits (and objects) at different skill levels, similar to how existing crafting skills work in game. We're investigating having these crafted clothing items only unlock in CAS after they are crafted, but that may or may not make it into the final game. Knitted Objects would work like current craftable objects, in that they are not available in the Build/Buy catalog, but you can craft them and then place them in the world.

We'll have more details to share about the gameplay in the coming weeks and months. Why does it take so long for us to talk about gameplay? Because of development schedule for Stuff Packs we have to front load art assets (clothing and objects). When we select these assets we know the pack theme, the art style, and the major gameplay feature(s), but the specifics of the designs aren't worked out yet because we don't start working on the gameplay (coding, tuning, text, etc...) until much later, usually right before or right after the art assets are complete.

I hope you find this information interesting and insightful.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Simming <3

@SimGuruSarah I'm curious to know...which female top was swapped out for the child sweater? I hope it wasn't a knittable one - we could really go without another crop top for females. And why did you decide on another item for female child Sims and not a unisex one like #91 for example, since male children don't get anything? If you did that, I think you might as well have chosen the top two or three voted items from every age and gender category.
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I find it weird that the crochet top (#32) is not going to be craftable as it seems to be the only item 100% "knittable" in the selection. e g. the male top #51, only the scarf looks like smthg you can knit, not the jacket. Maybe the textures will look different after development though, or they will include sewing, which I would not be mad about as the sewing machine was my favorite object in TS2.
    Also hope they include some swatches without the lace part for the child top so that it can be more unisex and the boys get smthg to wear also :smile: .
  • Options
    CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    Oh man, the apron top, how was that not the best thing to go with a diy craft room? But a few items there I see I voted for. Sad that neither the viking nor llama hat made the cut, as those were much better choices than that pink thing.
    So glad those boots made it and #32.
    To me, #49 didn't seem to fit the knitting aspect of the pack and I think that got more votes based on how nice it looked. I tried to stick my votes to what would fit best for the pack, more related to knitting & crafts.
    Looking forward to this pack being continued on and still curious, if there'll be a spinning wheel added as a usable object for knitting, or could a rocking chair be used and the sim sit to knit? However it's done, I know it'll be neat.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So basically I was right that these would be the items we can knit, meaning I doubt we'll see separate scarves or mittens, which for a knitting pack is ridiculously disappointing. I also can't believe people didn't vote for more hats and kids/toddler items. Looks to me like they went for a certain balance of male / female / kid / toddler items - a balance they favored that I personally doubt matches the actual voting results. And if people didn't vote for such a balance, then they didn't want it. I might be wrong of course but so far this pack looks disappointing. Sorry, just sharing what I think.
  • Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    They should have separated voting to CAS items we can knit and CAS items that are only in CAS.
    Then we wouldn't have this mess right now.

Clothing selection is disappointing and not because there aren't any of the items I voted for.
    I think, it would have been better, if there were 15 items for knitting. Wouldn't that have been so bad?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That was the most voted hat? Seems odd to me...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Well at least the men get more items; I deliberately did not vote for any adult female clothing save for one (because everyone else will just vote for them anyway) just to have more for the men and children. Only getting 1 hat is disappointing but *sigh* okay. For #29 & #51, it's the scarf that's knittable, right? Or is it the whole outfit?

Is there another survey after this one? They should really be constructing the surveys better. The first one was itemized and organized, but then the ones after are just a let's-dump-everything-into-one-survey-question mess. I think it was a mistake that the survey was just choose 15 out of all the CAS categories lumped together.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    sovereignsimmersovereignsimmer Posts: 35 Member
    I am shocked by the taste of people who voted these average joe items that require zero creativity and effort from the art team. We already have VERY SIMILAR items in game. If you disagree, I can remind you what we DO NOT HAVE ALREADY; Llama hat, viking hat, male cat-sweater, knitted male joggers, male child clothing, pet clothing...

I am disappointed with the community's artistic vision, really.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    nucleonide wrote: »
    They should really be constructing the surveys better. The first one was itemized and organized, but then the ones after are just a let's-dump-everything-into-one-survey-question mess. I think it was a mistake that the survey was just choose 15 out of all the CAS categories lumped together.

I agree. That definitely surprised me at the time. I think we should have had to vote by category not choose 15 from the lot. It would also have been great if we had been given a clearer way to indicate which ages and genders we most wanted items for. I know I am not alone in wanting to see more content for kids and toddlers. I'm pleased some items got picked for those groups, but I am sad that the items I personally voted for were mostly not chosen.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    The current plan is to let you unlock different clothing knits (and objects) at different skill levels, similar to how existing crafting skills work in game. We're investigating having these crafted clothing items only unlock in CAS after they are crafted, but that may or may not make it into the final game. Knitted Objects would work like current craftable objects, in that they are not available in the Build/Buy catalog, but you can craft them and then place them in the world.

I must admit I'm rather partial to this idea or the unlockable CAS items. I know that's probably not a popular opinion but I'd rather have them unlockable during gameplay; it makes sense to me because it makes the gameplay, in this instance knitting, worthwhile. How useful would it be it those items were already in CAS? Being unlockable at different skill levels is also nice because it represents the varying difficulty of the items. It's actually a lovely idea! <3

I'm also looking forward to seeing the knitted objects! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I'll say it before and I'll say it again. This shows the producers have a dilemma with trying to move away from the YA centric fashion. It wasnt the most diverse range but there were a few items which could have been suitable across all age ranges and these have been ditched in favour of crop tops and trendy hipster boots. I know knitting is not an activity exclusive for the older generation but with this my hopes for an eccentric elder are gone. As lilsmimsie said in her video, grandma has well and truly died.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Coolio! I did not know for sure that we would be able to knit those options we voted. Glad to have that confirmed!

I like the idea of some outfits being exclusive to those into knitting (or gifted by them, of course). The only feature (that might be) missing now is to make items personally accessible. Wondering how that will work, will this clothing item be stored in a sim's personal inventory? I do miss the clothing techs from TS2, would like sims to pay for outfits and to have access to only the items they bought. Would be so much easier assigning certain styles to them :) Knowing this is a SP, they will probably not adjust the all over outfit system, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MockerMocker Posts: 29 Member
    Awesome!
    I like these results, maybe except the top 33, but the rest of the clothes still look good.
    I did not vote for the bear hat, but it looks hilarious )))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top