Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you post something to the gallery?

Comments

• Options
    xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    Whenever I build something I'm proud of. :)
    I built the room that my profile picture is set in and that's on the gallery! My Origin Id is victimizedharry
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Never. I have a couple versions of myself in Sims 4 but I have never uploaded them. I have no interest in playing or creating anything for this game anymore.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Not very often, usually only when it's required for a challenge or contest I've entered. Now and then I'll post something random, but it's rare. The biggest reason was the fact I had a very old toaster of a laptop and a slow internet connection. Going online in game would result in horrible lag and sometimes cause it to freeze.

I might consider sharing more now though since I have a better gaming desktop and a faster internet connection. If I remember. As a result of the above, it's become a habit to play offline and I rarely keep anything in the tray folder. If I save a copy of a build to my library, those files and Sims files are always removed to folders on my hard drive and copied to my backup external hard drive. *shrugs*
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Never.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I post when I build new home, but I build only for my sims when they need new home. I’m building slowly , because I’m not using money cheats
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I post builds probably on average once a week. However sometimes I wait and post a few at once, as I try to play test everything before I post it and I'll often playtest a few at once. Currently have a backlog of builds I need to test that I haven't uploaded yet.
  • Options
    Twixxie1602Twixxie1602 Posts: 15 Member
    I posted 2 of my best builds yesterday. But I try to stay on top of building and uploading : Twixxie1602
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I do whenever I make a new build. Right now I'm building a school campus on that world that has 4 lots. I haven't put it out yet, but I use custom content. It's more for saving since people don't want things with custom content. I named the buildings after my founding family in sims, Gavin Ford. The new build has a high school, elementary school, a library, and I'm not sure right now what the last one will be. I thought this was a great idea since I never could figure out what to do with this place.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Whenever I build a new lot which is on average once a week. I tend to have a flurry of uploads when a new pack comes out. I'm not a great builder I think I am ok at building basic lots especially starter homes with very little clutter or small non-residential lots. I can't do landscaping or huge homes. The only 64x64 lot I have ever done was a norman style looking castle (as a museum lot) which compared to other castle builds on the gallery is awful but it took me ages to build and I have a soft spot for it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Hardly ever. My username is GalacticGal, same as on the forums. Feel free to check out my work. Just be advised, I don't make little houses. I'm more into the MONDO MANSION and castles. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Not too often. I've made it a resolution to, but I'm too much of a perfectionist and rely heavily on others opinions on what feels right. Like, if I'm trying to make a reference to something, I need a replica of that item or else I'll feel as though it's incomplete, so I might as around, otherwise, I won't attempt to upload.

For households, I have some recommended sims, but I want them to sound interesting when simmers read their bios. I'm having a hard time making those because I just don't know where to start.
  • Options
    lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    I never post anything to the gallery. But I download a lot of builds from it, but always ends up not using them.
  • Options
    [quote="lakire;c-17401908"]I never post anything to the gallery. But I download a lot of builds from it, but always ends up not using them.[/quote]

I’m the exact opposite. I upload a few days in a row, but then I get my homes I play in off the gallery. I’m slowly getting better at building but after all the work put in, I’m just tired of looking at it 😂

If anyone wants a new home my ID is Twixxie1602. I use console. 😁
  • Options
    MythologicatMythologicat Posts: 19 Member
    I post to the gallery when I’m working on my custom save file (which I keep CC-free just to prevent any possible issues from arising. I put a lot of work into that thing and don’t want to lose it!). I mainly do families of varying sizes and makeups, although a couple of months ago a did a lot of single-sim townie makeovers and uploaded those. Basically I just upload what I think will promote diversity and fun genetics in other people’s games.

My gallery ID is Mythologicat if you ever want to check them out! I don’t think I’ve ever purposefully uploaded a family with CC so you shouldn’t need that box checked to see them.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited February 2020
    I post all lots i build to the gallery simply so that if i have to wipe my sims and restart i have them all at hand to download instead of building again

But i havent built lately as i am now back playing Sims 2 as i enjoy it a heck of a lot more
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    I'm looking for new houses so drop your name here :)

my gallery name is emmawagemans232

Sometimes
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I keep my collection rooms updated, so I post every time after a new pack or something new has been added to the game, otherwise I do post a few sims and lots now and then, its mostly either requests by friends or its ones I am proud of and want to keep safe on the gallery in case something goes wrong with my library. I am mcrudd on the gallery as I am here, happy simming :)
  • Options
    sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    My gallery name is the same as here sheyoncexxx

Just recently I've started uploading more builds. I have a few community lots on there too!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I put up houses here and there mostly residential. I think I have one bakery at the moment. With me it is sporadic as to how often I put something up. I play test all my house extensively so it takes some time. I play at least one generation. I have a bunch of shells at the moment that need testing. I plan to put up some more stuff soon. Glimmer50 is my ID.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My id is beckablitz. I put rooms up fortnightly and lots up about monthly (sometimes less sometimes more). I infrequently post sims.

I label if things are base game only or require moo (about 25% of my builds only). I dont use cc
  • Options
    You all have some beautiful builds ❤️
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I post something most of the time when Im trying to preserve a lot/family for save purposes, but I do have a few personal builds along with some builds from others that I have adjusted for my personal gameplay and labeled with the appropriate kudos to the original builders. My gallery id is critesfam08.
  • Options
    ABlueSmurfetteABlueSmurfette Posts: 6 New Member
    i've been uploading some houses on there recently :D mainly just starter houses. i'm TheBlueGirly on there
  • Options
    AshenAshen Posts: 34 Member
    I recently started posting things to the gallery, I post whenever I make something that I think other people might like. My id is AshenCeleste.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I do occasionally , If I think others would enjoy it. I build for my sims and play thorourghly before I upload anything. Also the sims I upload are in my game and many have skills.
    Laugh out loud. Often