Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinion: Complaining about EA making certain items free and saying you "wasted money" is stupid

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    @Jasonschick80 The "Gamers" content was a bit of joke, hence the trademark logo. And I strongly disagree that calling a reaction or opinion stupid is the same as calling someone stupid. I think putting mustard on hamburgers is disgusting. Does that mean I think people who do it are disgusting?

Unless we are talking about something serious like politics or religion, no one should feel like they are being personally insulted when someone disagrees with their opinion.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    My problem with the item is this: while Perfect Patio has been out for a while, not everyone bought it immediately - a few commenters on various forums have expressed disappointment because they bought the pack in recent sales for the gameplay object. I also feel that as s4 is still the current edition, packs that came out at the beginning are still relevant, because s5 has not come out.

Older games such as s2 are not current and no longer in developement, so it's a little different them being given out for free imo, than a current gameplay object. It's also worth noting that the s3 collection has not come out for free either, perhaps because people are still purchasing the packs.

I do agree with the thought behind the original post, that these objects should have been in the base game, but they weren't, and people were told these items were exclusive. If it had've been an in-the-ground hot-tub, or even a hot-tub and a new gameplay item, I think the anniversary would've gone better, because those choices celebrate both old and new players.

As it stands, I do feel like I've wasted money, as I got the pack for the gameplay when I was building a bundle. Had I known hot tubs would be added to the bg, I would've bought LP instead, as on principle, I won't buy a pack of recolours (eg. MFP).
  • Options
    @silentcyborg Tbh, I understand and sympathize with players who just bought the stuff pack right before the anniversary. It does feel like you were cheated (but, regardless, I never buy stuff packs for one item because I don't feel like I'm spending my money's worth, so I can't relate that much). I am mostly talking about people who owned the packs for a while now.

PS: I had a friend who bought The Sims 4 TWO DAYS before it went free last summer and she was 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    tweedle wrote: »
    @Jasonschick80 The "Gamers" content was a bit of joke, hence the trademark logo. And I strongly disagree that calling a reaction or opinion stupid is the same as calling someone stupid. I think putting mustard on hamburgers is disgusting. Does that mean I think people who do it are disgusting?

Unless we are talking about something serious like politics or religion, no one should feel like they are being personally insulted when someone disagrees with their opinion.
    It gets confused. Like people saying the Sims 4 is the most dumbed down and childish version and millennial game people get confused thinking it is an attack on them and the Gurus all the time. Also depending on who you talk to it you tell someone that then yes you might get a few cuss words thrown your way especially if they are a chef. There is a lot of miscommunication on the internet and honestly the way I look at it is if people don't want EA Gamechangers speaking for fans then fans need to respect not speaking on behalf of other Simmers too. Our opinions aren't always going to mesh but pointing out that someone is negative because of not agreeing with them is going to fan the flames not put it out.

As put in another thread it is like being married for 20 years, someone forgetting about it then rushing to get a gas station slushie, expect a diamond ring in exchange then getting mad at your mate for having epic diarrhea in the bathroom and calling their reaction to the slushie dumb and that they are being entitled. That marriage is bond for divorce. So it is like EA created Frankenstein monster then getting mad at it being a monster. That is how EA has handled has handled marketing and their game changer program. I have never seen lilsimsie so scared of EA and her fans before. People are pushing the positive only card so much it is not only creating toxicity with the community it is against EA rules for gamechangers and playtesters forcing them to only be positive and backfiring on the program and community and Gurus only response to this and the continuing pirating and flirting with kids situation is further mocking the community. It isn't right both ethically and legally and if Maxis isn't willing to protect its programs, community and workers anymore maybe they aren't qualified to run a gaming company anymore. For five years and beyond I have seen EA blame its community for all of SimCity and Sims woes. They created this monster of a mess, they can either deal with it or have the SimCity fiasco happen again. End of the day it is up to them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    It gets confused. Like people saying the Sims 4 is the most dumbed down and childish version and millennial game people get confused thinking it is an attack on them and the Gurus all the time. Also depending on who you talk to it you tell someone that then yes you might get a few cuss words thrown your way especially if they are a chef. There is a lot of miscommunication on the internet and honestly the way I look at it is if people don't want EA Gamechangers speaking for fans then fans need to respect not speaking on behalf of other Simmers too. Our opinions aren't always going to mesh but pointing out that someone is negative because of not agreeing with them is going to fan the flames not put it out.

As put in another thread it is like being married for 20 years, someone forgetting about it then rushing to get a gas station slushie, expect a diamond ring in exchange then getting mad at your mate for having epic diarrhea in the bathroom and calling their reaction to the slushie dumb and that they are being entitled. That marriage is bond for divorce. So it is like EA created Frankenstein monster then getting mad at it being a monster. That is how EA has handled has handled marketing and their game changer program. I have never seen lilsimsie so scared of EA and her fans before. People are pushing the positive only card so much it is not only creating toxicity with the community it is against EA rules for gamechangers and playtesters forcing them to only be positive and backfiring on the program and community and Gurus only response to this and the continuing pirating and flirting with kids situation is further mocking the community. It isn't right both ethically and legally and if Maxis isn't willing to protect its programs, community and workers anymore maybe they aren't qualified to run a gaming company anymore. For five years and beyond I have seen EA blame its community for all of SimCity and Sims woes. They created this monster of a mess, they can either deal with it or have the SimCity fiasco happen again. End of the day it is up to them.

I can't agrue with this. I fully agree that EA created this mess of a community and they created an environment where giving any type of strong feedback of the game is nearly impossible.

In my opinion, they should have never killed off their spin-off game franchises; the community needs to be split up. My Sims was a great example of a Sims game catering to younger audiences with simpler gameplay.

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    tweedle wrote: »

I can't agrue with this. I fully agree that EA created this mess of a community and they created an environment where giving any type of strong feedback of the game is nearly impossible.

In my opinion, they should have never killed off their spin-off game franchises; the community needs to be split up. My Sims was a great example of a Sims game catering to younger audiences with simpler gameplay.
    Oh I totally agree. I miss Urbz and MySims and Sims Stories being around. I'm hoping if they do go the MMO route, they can bring it for MySims fans because that series would thrive with multiplayer. It is cute and easy. I miss having a laptop friendly and desktop friendly version of the Sims games like Sims 2 had the Sims Life Stories series and the Sims 3 had the Sims Medieval. The Sims 4 thankfully with much vocal discussion got the Sims 4 on console so those that had a laptop could enjoy the DLC with a more stable system with the consoles. It is like a snowball that has just grown over time since Sims 4 was switched from the Olympus MMO project and finally exploded with the recent anniversary and the Sims 5 vision being MMO again. Marketing just hasn't been good this iteration and end of the day I think we just want feedback in general accepted more whether strong or kind or neutral.

Everyone wants to be represented in one way or another. It is just hard I get the my way or no way forced down my throat already with society, I want to come to the Sims and the community to escape that but it is impossible to. Like my version of Sims paradise is burning their house to the ground just so I can rebuild it again. Others have a version of paradise of spoiling their Sims giving them all their hopes and dreams. Neither way is wrong. I've been told the way I play is wrong, my opinion is wrong, that I have no life or friends, and it is like end of the day people don't know me or most don't know I'm in the EA Playtesting program now either. So it is important how the community is treated and talking to them about the negative stuff sometimes so I can make it better for them and they can play the way they want to play and coming up with a compromise for it all can be tough at times or making sense of forums or Twitter or Reddit or anywhere else some days. It is like an oyster that yes they can either spit out the irritating sand or they can keep it in and form a pearl with it. That is the Sims to me is building pearls to bad situations. Otherwise I would have thrown in the towel with college had it not been for the Sims 2 or given up on the gym had it not been for the Sims 4 on representing all versions of body image especially with the new butt sliders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Maybe it wasn't a good gift. Maybe it was. But, and this is something to think about, perhaps it is past time to turn that corner. You all probably aren't going to get whatever it is you want. So, you can keep being destructive, or you can start being constructive. Some of you are talking about organizing something for the users in another thread to commemorate the occasion. Perhaps that is a way forward, rather than what has been happening for the last week which is certainly not such a way.

Oh please, save the fake voice of reason getup. Other people can see how you’ve treated everyone you’ve interacted with all weekend, and they can also see your abrupt change of tone (victim tone) when that didn’t go how you thought it would. I’ve avoided interacting but I can’t begin to tell you how ironic it is to see you writing this. I don’t really think you have much room to talk with the way you treat people who don’t share your opinion. That’s all.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2020
    OP just trynna start a fire here. :D

I think the only time I was mad about this was when they patched in the photography feature into base game cuz I feel like the feature is pretty huge and unique instead of just a 3D object or article of clothing given for free.

However, regarding the CAS or buy mode objects that they reuse from other packs, I don't see it as a waste of my money but to me it's just lame of them to recycle stuff from DLCs. How about they just recycle base game stuff to re-put in future DLCs? Pretty sure y'all be fine with that, right? :D (Tho, I think they already kinda do this anyways...)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay If I wanted to start a fire I would say, "The Sims 2 is the worst Sims game and Maxis still exists".

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've gone ahead and closed this thread due to it repeatedly going off-topic. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top