Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long is your 'Edit In Game' taking to load? -[SOLUTION TO FIX INSIDE]

Comments

• Options
    coreymuchcoreymuch Posts: 137 New Member
    edited December 2009
    THANK YOU AMOEBIUS.
    how did you find that one out?
    my edit in game loaded in 45 seconds if that!
  • Options
    EcclesEccles Posts: 155 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Amoebius wrote:
    Just fyi

if you delete or remove the folder DCCache wich is located in mydocuments sims3 folder will speed up the loading time. no joke just give it a try - if your unsure about it make a backup bevore deleting

regards

A.

Confirmed - I have a ton of CC, and game-edit mode was reduced from a 10-minute load time to about 60 seconds after deleting the 'DDCache' folder.

Thanks to Amoebius for this amazing (and incredibly time-saving) discovery. :D
  • Options
    AmoebiusAmoebius Posts: 2,577 New Member
    edited December 2009
    coreymuch wrote:
    THANK YOU AMOEBIUS.
    how did you find that one out?
    my edit in game loaded in 45 seconds if that!

Your welcome
    Someone on the german sims3 forum found that one out if i rememeber correctly it was Primili, i though it's a good idea to share this sollution with as much people as possible because its really helpfull.

regards

A.
  • Options
    autosimautosim Posts: 65 New Member
    edited December 2009
    THANKS SO MUCH READ THE SOLUTION ON THE FIRT AND THIS BEING IN ALL CAPS ISN'T AN ACCIDENT I am JUST SO HAPPY!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    autosim wrote:
    THANKS SO MUCH READ THE SOLUTION ON THE FIRT AND THIS BEING IN ALL CAPS ISN'T AN ACCIDENT I am JUST SO HAPPY!

Lol your funny - :) and welcome

by the way if you really like to say thanks - just recommend my lot's and storys (just if you like them too) that would be the greates gift you could do me :) cause i LOOOOOOOVVVVVVE recommendations *lol*

o_O im so cheeky lol
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited December 2009
    Amoebius- Oh THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! The "Edit In Game" use to take 1 hour and 15 minutes (no exageration) to load. Now that I've deleted the DCCache file it loads in about 30 sec. OH you are wonderful! Thanks soooo much for sharing Primili's fix here. :D
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited December 2009
    Double post. Sorry :D

Edit: Your "Little Big Home" is amazing! I've recommended a few of your builds. Wow.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thank you very much :) i love recommendations !
    And of Course thanks for the praises -

o_O im still cheeky :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i can't believe how much this has helped.
    thanks again!
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited December 2009
    Thank you! This really solves the problem, my "edit in game" works now really fast and loads in about 30 seconds :).
  • Options
    mshell772mshell772 Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2009
    This is a great solution to the loading problem, with minimal complications afterwards.
    Before deleting the folder mentioned, my load time from CAW was about 20 minutes.

My PC specs are:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 3.0Ghz
    Memory: 4.00 GB
    Vid Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Though it isn't top of the line, load time, IMO, should not have been 20 minutes.
    At least that is what I thought before testing a little. After deleting the folder mentioned, load time dropped to 30 sec's max.

What I noticed afterwards, however, is that loading my game back up (NOT from CAW) Riverview, and all other items that I had downloaded from the store were gone. I reinstalled everything (it was all still listed in my launcher as downloaded, just not installed). Load time in CAW is back up to 20 minutes.

I am assuming the load time has to do with the content from the store and possibly other cc. If that is the case, then the 20 minutes, I suppose, is understandable for now. I feel in time, load time will be addressed as they add to, or patch the CAW.

Just my observations :)
  • Options
    crofts5crofts5 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Help D: I deleted the DCC cache folder (or whatever it's called xD) and it goes to the first loading screen with the WA logo when i click edit in game. No music comes on and it freezes just above the 'o' in electronic arts and won't move. I've left it there for 50 minutes and it hasn't moved . D: Helppppp

p.s My computer is more than capable of running the sims 3 :P
  • Options
    Phtby1109Phtby1109 Posts: 373 Member
    edited December 2009
    I just wanna ask...If I delete my DCCache folder I don't wanna lose all of my store items even though I've noticed in game that the little pictures in the catalog take way more time to load the ones from the store than the base game and WA objects. So has anyone else experienced these problems just before I do anything? Thanks for the feedback
  • Options
    is1belis1bel Posts: 10 New Member
    edited December 2009
    DCCache is where the game installs store items and any other sims3packs installed using the launcher. Deleting it is not a good idea, unless you want to lose all of your store content. Trying moving the folder to the desktop when you want to use edit-in-game mode, and replacing it when you're ready to play the game.
  • Options
    christinaforeverchristinaforever Posts: 899 New Member
    edited December 2009
    mine keeps going too slow!!!why? :(
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    if you have done as suggested it shouldn't.
    it is still working perfectly for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i deleted the DCCache but when i go back in the sims 3 folder it is there again!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh i don't know what to suggest.
    sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ok so am i the only one that no solution work? :(
  • Options
    MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited December 2009
    Loading a world, with 769 trees, 462 lots, on the biggest size map with height allowance 300 = takes no longer than a minute.

Small town, almost instant.

This is what my game play is like aswell..

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Mine's the largest world but not nearly as many lots + trees.
    Is your computer excessively good?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ok i dont think its the best but if i change it will the game stop freezing?
  • Options
    jeany545jeany545 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited December 2009
    HELP!!!

My neighborhood is called Palmera Island and its awesome, like over 100 lots and when I finally finished wit the lot positioning. I go in the Edit in game tool and guess wat it starts in like 1 minute but it starts loading tha world and it crashes when it starts to load.

HELP!!!

If this forum moves or gets deleted please send me an email(jeanc_rl@yahoo.com)

PLZ HELP!!!
  • Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited January 2010
    Question:
    I backed up my DCCache folder to my desktop to use Edit in Game. But question is, say I make all my lots in the actual game and bin them all and then take out my DCCache folder and place my lots that may have store content in them will they still work say when I finish the world and am ready to export it to test? Will the custom content show up on my lots after I move my DCCache back into my game? Cause I don't want to take the time to build with cc if they wont work when I plot them and then re-export it?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    better don't use this sollution, except you work completly download free